๊œฑแด˜ส€ษชษดษข ส€แด€ษชษด แด›แด แดส แด…ส€แดแดœษขสœแด› โœง สœ...

By StrayJeans

๐–  ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—’ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ป๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—‚๐–พ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐—Œ ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—† ๐—Œ๐–พ๐–ผ๐—‹๐–พ๐—๐—…๐—’ ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐—…๐—…๐—‚... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53/Epilogue
News: A New Book?

Chapter 31

357 18 18
By StrayJeans

"Where is he?" Hanni let out a hiss as she kept on staring at the time while she's waiting for Jun to come pick her up and at this rate, he's more than late. It took several more minutes of her standing by her door before the sight of Jun's car arrived at the front gate.

Seeing his car, Hanni let out a loud sigh as she's rushing forward. "About time." She whispered to herself before getting in the passenger's seat. "I can't believe you're late." Hanni grunted out of annoyance. "Got a headache when I woke up." Was Jun's only reply.

As the car drove away from her house, Hanni was stealing glances at Jun from time to time and she slowly realized. "You're hungover aren't you?" Hanni asked after calming down a bit and the silence she got from Jun answered the question for her. "I know it's what you like to do and I have no problem with that."

"I'm in no position to tell you to do this, not to do that but..." Hanni leaned back against her seat while looking out the window. "...take it easy with the drinking. You look so beaten up it worries me."

"Thanks." Jun broke his silence as Hanni's lips formed a light smile. "You're welcome."

"Where in the good heaven is Pham Hanni?" Minji stared at her watch as it stands, Hanni's running late while Minji, Haerin and Yongbok's already been at the airport for a couple of hours and their flight's fast approaching the departing time.

"I texted her just now, she said she's on her way and something came up that's why she's a bit late." Haerin checked her phone once again for any replies from Hanni while her other hand's tightly holding onto Yongbok's who's sitting next to her for the whole two hours.

"You sure Yongjae's not coming?" Minji sat next to Haerin as she asked Yongbok who could only nod his head with a sigh. "I don't think he's coming now." Yongbok said as Minji let out a slight hiss before getting her phone and called you.

And as expected, after a long wait you didn't even answer and an annoyed Kim Minji dialled you once again before Yongbok just patted Minji's shoulder, gaining her attention. "It's okay Minji, he already came to see me earlier this morning."

"No this is not acceptable..." Minji hissed after her call getting declined yet again before she put her phone away. "...I know that he's not adamant to see Hanni, let alone after knowing that the guy she's with is probably coming with her but doesn't Yongjae have any concern for us? I mean what are we not his closest friends?"

"Minji..." Yongbok calmly called out to her as Haerin's caressing her friend's back trying to calm her down. "...remember what we said back at the ferry? Whatever happens, we'll keep being open-minded and remain supporting both Hanni and Yongjae. And right now Yongjae's don't have the strength to be here and we should be understanding."

"I just..." Another deep sigh came out of Minji. "...I still hold out hope for them and I know it's wrong for Hanni's sake but I have to be honest, I don't like that guy she's with. He gave out such bad vibes the first time I saw him back at the ice cream shop."

"You're not the only one..." Haerin whispered her preference timidly as Yongbok just shook his head at the two. "We don't have to make things worse for them okay? Whatever happens, Hanni and Yongjae are still our best friends who will always be there for us in times of needs."

Hearing that, both Haerin and Minji just nodded their heads as Haerin glanced over to the crowd near the door and saw Hanni's brisk walking towards them. "There she is." Haerin pointed at their friend.

"Lee Yongbok~" Hanni's voice echoed closer as she finally joined the rest of the group. "...please tell me you're not going in just yet." She asked while panting lightly. "We're still half an hour away from going in so you're safe." Yongbok clarified.

"Thank goodness..." While panting, Hanni gave a thumb's up as she grabbed a seat next to Minji. "You okay? You said something came up before. What happened?" Minji asked Hanni who's expression was not that cheerful as it used to be on a daily basis.

"Nothing much... He's just late that's all..." Hanni replied rather lazily, as if she's too tired to talk about it and instantly Minji caught it. "He's hungover again does he?" Minji asked and the silence of Hanni meant that Minji's right before she sighed clearly. "This is the third time since last month that he's been hungover and ended up messing up your dates."

"I can't do anything about it Minji, it's his life and I have no right to tell him not to." Hanni said as Minji's trying to fight the urge to just walk out the airport and confront Jun then letting all her pent up disappointments at him. "You can walk away, that's what you should do." Minji whispered to herself.

About fifteen minutes passed by as Hanni's spending the very last minutes she had with Yongbok as well as the others and during that time, something's been bothering her. As the three were busy talking, Hanni glanced over at the crowds of people then to the front door as if she's waiting for someone to come.

"Yongjae sure is late..." Hanni said to herself as the three were looking at each other with guilt shadowing them. "Hanni-ah..." Yongbok called out to her as she turned over to him before Yongbok brought her to the side. "What's going on?" Hanni asked in confusion.

"Listen okay. Yongjae's not coming here." Yongbok spilled the truth as Hanni forced a light chuckle. "What are you talking about? Stop joking." Hanni snickered at Yongbok's supposed 'joke' but the ever so serious expression on his face said otherwise.

"No. No, no you're lying, you're playing me right? There's no way he's not coming here." Her breathing's getting heavier as she just couldn't believe Yongbok there. "No he won't. He came to my house earlier this morning to say goodbye."

Hanni who still doesn't believe him, let out a hiss as she got her phone and dialled your number before almost immediately, the call got to voicemail. Frustrated already, Hanni called you again and again yet the result remained the same.

"Hanni. Hey Hanni..." Yongbok had to hold Hanni's hands as she's still trying to call you and tears already lumping her eyes. "...it's okay. He's not coming but doesn't mean that he didn't care."

"Does he hates me Yongbok? Did he tell you that? He hates me right?" Hanni's head became a mess yet again as Yongbok just shook his head. "He will never ever hate you. I know that he's not here but can I ask you to do something for me?" He asked calmly as Hanni swallowed her tears as she nodded.

"See him and talk to him face to face. I know it's hard for you two right now but one of you needs to take the initiative or else this won't even end. Can you do that for me?" Yongbok said as Hanni could only nod as the thought of you actually resenting Hanni was too painful to imagine for her.

Yongbok brought Hanni back to the others as Minji was the first to notice and immediately gave her comforting words while Haerin was worried as well.

After calming down, the time had come for Yongbok and his family to get into the terminal. As they're reaching the gate to the terminal, Yongbok's immediately stood in front of Haerin. The smile on his face doesn't reflect the emotions he's feeling inside him.

"Call me when you arrived okay? I'll be waiting for you." Haerin trying her hardest to smile yet her heavy heart made it hard for her. "...don't skip your meals, get enough sleeps, don't stress yourself and uhh... and..." Haerin couldn't muster out the words that's been lingering in her head.

Yongbok who's putting a tough front, immediately wrapped his arms around her and that instantly made Haerin broke into tears as she's burying her face on his chest while hugging him ever so tightly, not even wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry that I was never good at showing my emotions. I'm shy and I'm too scared to go outside my comfort zone..." Haerin whispered to him as Yongbok's caressing the back of her head. "...sometimes it's hard for me to express my emotions let alone express my love..."

She looked up to him, eyes were as red as hers before she placed her palm on his cheek, gently wiping the tears that flowing down his eyes. "...but I love you. So I may not be able to say it or to act like it; I may show less effort than most but you can always count on me for one thing..."

"You are not just my favourite person, you're my favourite hug that makes me feel safe and cared for. You're my favourite voice that's so comforting and familiar. You're my favourite smile that's so warm and genuine. You're my favourite laughter, so infectious and bright..." Yongbok's tears just kept on falling in every words she said.

"...you're my favourite feeling, memory, thought, heart and soul. You're my favourite everything. You're my everything." Her last words eventually made his head dropped low as he's crying his soft heart out before Haerin gave him another embrace.

"I didn't fall in love with you at first glance, my love for you grew slowly with time..." Yongbok whispered as Haerin listened with an open heart and in peace. "...it was the way you held my hand, the way you looked at me from across the room and your eyes lit up when you see me. The way your scent stayed on my clothes for days and the way you made me feel safe in your presence..."

Yongbok softly planted a gentle kiss onto Haerin's forehead. "I didn't fall in love with you at first glance, I fell in love with the way you love me."

As Haerin let him off her embrace, Yongbok's mother immediately went over to them and gave Haerin a motherly hug. "My dear Haerin, I'm sorry that you come into our lives in these circumstances. I love you like my own daughter already, I just want you to know that. We won't be long, Yongbok will be by your side eventually."

Yongbok took the chance and went over to Minji and Hanni. Minji immediately gave him a hug. "Take care Yongbok. I'm going to miss you." Minji's voice cracked as Yongbok nodded. "You too. I'll be back, no worries."

After Minji, Yongbok went to give Hanni a hug as well as she patted his back. "Stay out of trouble, remember you have Haerin to think about now. I'm going to miss you and our rants and jokes." Hanni said as Yongbok just smiled lightly. "Remember what I told you right?" He asked and Hanni just nodded. "...see you."

Yongbok went over and gave Haerin one last hug before he and his family finally got into the departures through the gate after waving at his friends and lover.

As soon as the gate's closed, Hanni's breathed out before leaving Minji and Haerin without saying anything. "Hanni- ah" Minji called out to her but Hanni kept on walking as she walked out the front door.

She then made her way back to Jun's car in a hurry. "Can you take me home?" Hanni fastened her seatbelt as Jun was still confused. "What about lunch?"

"Something came up and we have to change the lunch to tomorrow. Sorry, so can you take me home? It's urgent." Hanni urged as Jun just got his car in gear and drove away.

As soon as they arrived at Hanni's house, Hanni waved him goodbye and as soon as Jun drove away from her sight, Hanni got into her car and drove off and made her way to none other than your house.

Parked on the side of the front gate, Hanni got off and went into your house's driveway as both your parents were at the front yard, under a tented table. "Hanni is that you dear?" Your mother immediately noticed as Hanni went over to them, greeted your parents with a bow.

"Is Yongjae home aunty?" Hanni asked and seeing that your car's parked by the garage, she hoped that you're in the house. Your parents look at each other. "Yeah, he's upstairs. I'll go get that boy." Your mother rose up from her seat.

"Thank you, aunty, I'll be waiting at the gate outside." Hanni excused herself as she went back outside and waited by her car. Every minutes passed by felt like eternity for Hanni while she's trying her best to remain calm as possible. It took a few while as eventually, you walked out the front gate.

That was the first time she saw you since days, since that day in the hall and all that she could see was that how weak and vulnerable you look while Hanni herself probably looked as miserable as you.

"What are you doing here Hanni?" Was your only reply as you're trying to remain calm at the sight of Hanni who's looking at you rather seriously. "What happened to you?" Was her only response as you stood a few steps away from her. "What do you mean?" You asked back as she just rolled her eyes.

"Don't act like nothing happened Yongjae. I called you several times back at the airport only to find out you're not coming. Why are you behaving like this? Is something bothering you?" Hanni blasted question after question as you just remained silent with silent sighs. "You don't even care about us? Your friends?"

"And that day in the hall. The letter in your poetry talk... Why? Why did you said all that?" She questioned as you had to look away from her eyes. "Hanni, it's just a poe-"

"I know that it's more than a poem!" Hanni cried out as her eyes were starting to tear up. "...why did you look at me with such hurtful eyes that day and saying all goodbye and all that? Do you hate me that much now? Are you resenting me?" And that question shattered you. "If this is about Jun, please say it to me. Tell me! For almost a month I've been feeling worse and worse every single day thinking that I'm slowly losing my best friend over a guy."

As you're breathing became heavier with the tears running down your eyes, you remained silent yet again. "What happened to our promise to sit down and talk things out...? Have those promises were just empty words for you now?"

"If you hate me, please tell m-"

"You know that's not true!" You raised your voice and silenced Hanni. "How can I be in my right mind to be hating you while you're the only one I truly care about. Yes, this is all about him and him only!"

"If only you know how much I regret every single day. I should've told you not to be with him that night, I should've said that you deserve someone better..." You let your emotions took over your sanity as Hanni could only listen to your truth.

"...even if he ever claimed that he loves you, even if he tells you he loves you every single day, even if he takes you out all the time, it's nothing because I've been in love with you for years and I've been suffering day after day while carrying these feelings I have for you, hidden yet painfully taking its toll on me!" Hanni was too stunned to say anything as she had her palm covering her lips, still trying to get a grip of what she had heard was correct.

"What do you mean you love me...?" Was Hanni's only response as the tears immediately flowing down her eyes. "I love you Hanni. On God I really do..." You cried out your feelings out finally.

Welp, the truth has been spilled... But what's going to happen next... I mean I know what's happening next but my readers don't hehehehe 😬 See you on Thursday 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 2.7K 22
๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐จ๐จ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐š ๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ค๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ, ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ฒ...
23.1K 1.4K 20
I have men in suits protecting me, always willing to put their lives in danger to ensure my safety, but when they can't reach me, there's always one...
24.9K 1.2K 32
สœแด‡ส€ สŸแดแด แด‡ ษชs แด€ ส€แด€แดขแดส€'s แด‡แด…ษขแด‡, แด€ แด›แดกษชsแด›แด‡แด… แด…แด€ษดแด„แด‡ แดา“ แด˜แดssแด‡ssษชแดษด. sสœแด‡ แดกแดษด'แด› สŸแด‡แด› ษขแด; sสœแด‡'สŸสŸ แดแด€แด‹แด‡ สแดแดœส€ แดกแดส€สŸแด… แด€ ส™แด‡แด€แดœแด›ษชา“แดœสŸสŸส แด›แด‡ส€ส€ษชา“สษชษดษข ษดษชษขสœแด›แดแด€ส€แด‡. __ [๐˜๐š๐ง๐๏ฟฝ...