Reincarnated as the Starborn

By KonoXwrite

Reborn into the world as his favorite TV series' main lead character, the Starborn, Josh's heart raced with e... More

Prelude - The Show's last Episode
Chapter - Prologue
Chapter One: Wishing Star, Baby
Chapter Two: Across Sea of Stars
Chapter Three: Explain Systematic Access
Chapter Four: Academic Success Pt.1
Chapter Five: Academic Success Pt.2
Chapter Six: Outlined Path
Chapter Eight: Knowing is Boredom

Chapter Seven: Uprising Demands

1 0 0
By KonoXwrite

Life at the medical facility proved to be a reprieve from the usual demands of the slum life and academic responsibilities. Ignoring the daily medical staff checkup, life was comparatively better. Homework persisted, but as an introvert, I could easily feign sleep to deter any interruptions or act as if I had just awakened.

The nurses at the facility were incredibly supportive, accommodating my preference for a relaxed, couch-potato lifestyle. While the official paperwork stated two weeks of recovery, by the third day since Globby's last visit, I was already fully recovered. Vesper made an appearance, but I continued my charade of either just going to bed or still being asleep. The nurses, dedicated to minimizing stress for their patients, discouraged disturbances. Though Vesper was aware of my ruse, he respected their approach and left me alone.

Despite Vesper's attempts to engage with me during his time pauses, I remained indifferent, ignoring him as he knew any physical contact would elicit my complaints and reluctance. The peaceful interlude in the medical facility allowed me to recharge and prepare for the challenges that awaited me outside its comforting walls.

In the solitude of the medical facility, I found companionship in the holographic projectors, allowing me to choose a comfortable posture while watching my preferred television channels. The unread letter from Cass lingered, its contents a mystery that I hesitated to unravel based on Globby's hinted insights. Choosing to keep it unread indefinitely, I focused on the soothing distraction of holographic entertainment.

Despite several professors attempting to engage me in conversation, I continued my act of playing possum, conveniently sleeping whenever they visited. They would leave their assignments on the table, and after numerous unsuccessful attempts to draw me into conversation, they would depart. My bunkmate on the right side of the room initially found my behavior annoying, but eventually, she too adopted the laid-back lifestyle, realizing the benefits of a temporary escape from the demands of academic life. The medical facility became a haven of quiet retreat, allowing both of us to recharge in our own ways.

One day, Lukister-Vonaria entered the room to visit my bunkmate across from me. She seemed visibly flustered, but to me, it was the mysterious girl he was apparently cheating on, a subplot the series had never revealed.

"Lukister-Vonaria, I hope you're not cheating on her. She's been kind so far, and I'd hate to find out you know there's another female known as Ashia who's just a friend too," I casually remarked, unintentionally stirring up a chaotic confrontation between the two. I lay there, watching the scene unfold, my bunkmate in tears as the flowers he'd brought her were thrown aside in disgust.

Despite Lukister's attempts to ease the situation, his efforts were in vain. Eventually, he left the room as the nurses came in to escort him out. Before leaving, he shot me a mean glare, but I simply shrugged, confident in my safe position as a passive observer in the unfolding drama.

If Lukister wanted to settle the score, he could schedule his own appointment for a confrontation. We were even in the same house, and given my lack of fondness for him in the series, this was a form of vengeance and a nod to Emirah, who had endured the consequences of Lukister's manipulative actions. Despite his good looks, surpassing mine by a fair amount, I understood he was a player, and this was my response.

In the series, Lukister possessed abilities, though they were known to be standard academy level. If the reality differed, I was prepared to face it. If not, he posed no real threat to me. While he may not have been an enemy to Emirah in the show, as his reincarnation, Lukister became my adversary. The lesson needed to be learned – never play with people's hearts!

"See you around," Lukister said, and I responded with a smile radiating pure excitement. My hair floated up as I sat, adding to the theatricality. "Any time, Lukister, any place. I'll be happy to entertain. A big party is always welcome," I added, subtly hinting that I was ready for a confrontation, whether it be a fight, a gathering of friends, or even in space. The prospect of unloading my past-series baggage onto his annoyingly good-looking face was an enticing one.

The room fell silent for a while before my bunkmate spoke up. "Oceus, was it? Thank you. I wasn't sure if they were friends, but you confronted what I feared." I nodded in acknowledgment, then turned off the hologram, ready to get some sleep. She seemed annoyed that my interests didn't extend to her in that regard, but my focus was squarely on resolving the issues with her supposed boyfriend. "Good night, Oceus. Sweet dreams," she bid me farewell as I settled into a peaceful night's sleep.

I remained silent, not responding to my bunkmate's words, secretly wishing for the return of our previous interactions. However, that peace was disrupted when Lukister visited at night, startling me awake. His hand covered my mouth as he spoke, revealing his awareness of my intentions and vowing to use his connections to counter any moves against him.

As he released his grip and walked away, I tried to speak, only to wake up for real. He had drugged me, a deceptive move to induce fear. Checking my IV fluid, I confirmed it was empty, realizing Lukister's attempt to intimidate me had backfired. He had unintentionally elevated his status on my list, now a prime target for any opportunity to strike back.

Understanding the academy system well, I planned to bide my time until the winter prowess tournament. If I secured third place, I could request a Gold ticket wager, a chance to expel any student or recruit others from rival hero academies. This strategy not only aimed for revenge against Lukister but also presented an opportunity to bring my sister into the school. The game was on, and I was ready to play.

Lukister had underestimated me, assuming I was just a numbskull. Contrary to his belief, physical combat wasn't my forte; instead, my strength lay in strategic planning and foreseeing success. His attempt to intimidate me only fueled my determination to teach him a valuable lesson.

While I daydreamed, my facial expressions took on a devilish quality, unknowingly unsettling the staff and even my bunkmate. They were frightened and disgusted by my sinister laughter, unaware that behind the unsettling exterior, a well-thought-out plan was brewing, ready to unfold at the opportune moment.

—-

Two days passing before my arrival to exit the hospital, I was slowly getting myself caught into expecting trouble for failing grades. I had missed too much of the homework and quizzes too. I hated school for this particular reason, but I knew it was important for future situations.

Learning my dorm room had been moved and I was to live in separate quarters than my bestie was pretty much depressing. It became lonely without any visitors, I felt trapped. Occasionally trying to interact with the staff, they seemed too occupied or rather not much kin on small banter. My bunkmate, she was already released, while I stayed in a limbo waiting phase, being bored was good, but I wanted to do more.

When my time came to be released, I rejoiced with enthusiasm as I bolted out to my new home. My family had planned to visit me, it was the weekend after my release. Strangely, I felt more stronger than before, so entered the open zone for studying, in the park opening of the campus, I'd sit to see my stat screen I had neglected to check up on. I found it pointless as I seemed to have my way with certain aspects of skills due to my internal past life experience from watch the series and now living in it.

Sitting in a bench, I'd summon it. I knew on one could see it unless they saw through my eyes, as an ability. Even psychics couldn't gain sight into it, so I wasn't paranoid about me simply taking a glimpse at it. Throughout my years growing up, I had taken sight of it a few times but today was a bit off, I felt stronger in a sense of my body, like the traits of using my energy was fluid and robust, the things I could go before had lessened in how much difficulty they had been before, so I had to take a look.

╔═════════════════════════════╗
█▀███▀▀███▀▀███▀▀███▀▀███▀█████ .: || STATUS APPRAISAL || :.
████▒█████████▒█████
█ || ENTITY: [ROYAL BLOODLINE] STARIAN
█ || CHRONICLE SCALE: HUNDRED SIXTEEN
█ || NOMENCLATURE: OCEUS, KALM
█ || CLASSIFICATION: GALACTIC
████▒█████████▒█████
█ || CLASS: [TRUE ROYAL KIN] STARIAN
█ || RATE: SUBPAR TIER - 9th Echelon
█ || LEVELIFICATION: [ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆]
█ || DEFENSE: [ 24,367 / 99,999 ]
█ || OFFENSE: [ 35,360 / 99,999 ]
████▒█████████▒█████
█ || ENTITY ANALYSIS ███████▒█
A race of Starian is a prominent Cosmic entity with an abilities set that draw from the incredible power of the spiritual soul's sun. Their abilities are both extraordinary and uniquely among each as complex, which allowing them to perform a wide range of extraordinary feats, that are rare as including a variety of diverse abilities even among their own kin, as galactic conquering warmongers. Notably known as a bane of malicious spawns to lesser lifeforms in the vast universe.

STR ▒█▒PHYSICAL▒█ Tier • 10th Echelon
LV➍ Superhuman Innately Genetics
↳ Universal Genetic Immunity 🆕
↳ Enhanced Physical Physiology
↳ Photokinesis Transmutation 🆕
↳ Gravitational Force Control

HP•INT ▒█▒MENTAL▒█ Tier • 9th Echelon
LV➍ Existential Solar Empowerment
↳ Conduit of Solar Energy Manipulation 🆕
↳ Conduit of Solar Radiation Manipulation
↳ Conduit of Thermal Manipulation 🆕
↳ Conduit of Solar Rejuvenation Reservoir

MP ▒█▒SPIRITUAL▒█ Tier • 7th Echelon
LV➏ Unique • Cosmic Awareness
↳ Spiritual Memory Recollection 🆕
↳ Spiritual Domain: Reality Domination 🆕
↳ Spiritual Heightened Sense of Existence
↳ Spiritual Yin/Yang Alignment 🆕
↳ Internal Spiritual Influence 🆕
↳ External Spiritual Influence 🆕

VIT•AGI ▒█▒AURA▒█ Tier • 5th Echelon
LV➐ Unique • Solar Aura
↳ Autonomous Solar Aura Shroud 🆕
↳ Spiritual Aptitude Surge 🆕
↳ Physical Aptitude Surge 🆕
↳ Atomic Energy Certainty 🆕
↳ Ceaseless Longevity of Vessel 🆕
↳ Solar Aura Control Manipulation 🆕
↳ Solar Vitality Resiliency 🆕
█▄▄█▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄█▄▄█
╚═════════════════════════════╝

Looking at the blue screen as I crossed my arms, I didn't really understand it nor wanted to, if I used common sense, and my experience from watching the show. I'd definitely get the ideal picture of what I could do. It was confusing to try and understand or try to get myself to make out what I had, but I figured much from it that I was stronger now. Five stars was the goal to make, after-all then I could travel the galaxy beyond the show to experience something new to me.

"Woah, evil was far from the show. Conquering was mentioned, but this is new. I guess this is the true reality of things..." I'd say as some students wondered who I was talking to, I'd play it off as if I was thinking out loud. I was twelve years old, yet the system also tracked me as a HUNDRED SIXTEEN?? Could it be due to the space travel and how Starians aged differently?

Given I could live as long as I wanted, I had no rush, if I came to conclusions that I was ready to die, I'd simply fly into the sun or something, like in the show. For now, this school life was where I needed to be. While I read the invisible blue screen, I had not noticed Vesper in the top window watching me with curiosity. Only then when I did, I'd panic strangely as I'd leap off my bench to float inside the hallways.

The blue screen was long gone now but I had struggled to act normal again, clearly everyone had the same reaction as if I was a shy little boy afraid of the headmaster. I was on the other hand sure, he was trying to understand how strong had became in mere months of attending the academy.

Only then, would the academy alarms go off! The academy was under attack! I knew this would happen, but to happen this week or rather this time around at my age, was rather worrying! The timeline had jumped, by 4 years!

The campus entered a frenzy, instantly instructors and staff began issuing commands and instructions, I'd follow suit as I knew, even in the show. The school would win, but a vessel for the school's defensive system would be stolen, which would lead to me being able to use advantage of, so I'd keep my wits and follow the rules.

Only to see Globby, he was going to join the fight, "Hey! What are you doing?"

"I'm going to defend our school!" He'd say stupidly. Now, I couldn't let this idiot out of my sight to die. I shook my head as I saw an explosion happen nearby. The teachers had prevented harm, but students were still hurt. The acrid smell of smoke filled the air, and the distant wails of sirens echoed through the chaos. I flew to meet him, "let's just hide, trust me."

"You know things, but you're choosing this to happen! This is why I don't want to be around you." His anger at me in the moment was uncalled for. I saw him float off to aid and assist, even though it was against protocol by the staff. I sighed and headed down to the ground, only to turn around and decide to help the fool.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 73 20
Val, a single father, is reborn in another world as the special class 'Daddy'. His natural feelings of filial love manifest as the most OP buff skill...
105K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
11.7K 296 26
Warning : Gore, mass murderings, assassinations, tortures and inhumane actions. Read at your own risk. MC died in real world and when he regained his...
380 33 32
Eman, an average Filipino man, lived a life marked by family tragedy and relentless determination. After losing his parents to illness and his sister...