CBLT (On Hiatus)

Від istingyou57

Welcome to Remnant. A world ravaged by evil and monsters with the soul purpose to kill anyone or anything, bu... Більше

Prologue 2: Tough Foes
Prologue 3: Sightseeing
Character List (Updated With Each New Character)
Vol. 1, Chapter 1: Welcome to Beacon
Vol. 1, Chapter 2: Reaper
Vol. 1, Chapter 3: Into the Emerald Forest
Indefinite Hiatus

Prologue 1: A Town's Destruction

21 0 1
Від istingyou57

Prologue of a new story. Enjoy!

It's a bright sunny day over a small town, birds chirping and people going on their day to day lives. A young boy is seen practicing with a wooden training dummy in his backyard, he whacks and slashes the dummy for a minute until jumping onto its head and leaps backward, with his sword changing into a rifle as he lands, blasting three holes into the dummy before dashing forward, changing the rifle back to the sword and beheading the dummy. The boy sighs, wiping sweat off his head before reaching behind him to sheathe his sword. A somewhat older man comes outside of the house holding a few envelopes in one of his hands and walks down the steps into the yard.

Imp: Mail's here! And one with your name on it. (Handing the envelop the boy) I bet we both know what that is for. Open it.

The boy rips open the envelope, pulling a piece of paper out it; Unfolds and starts reading a letter.

Imp: Well? What's it say?

The boy holds up his finger, continuing to read the letter. Eyes going back and forth as he reads. When he finishes reading, a big smile grows on his face.

Imp: Well?

Colt: I... have... been... ACCEPTED!!!

The boy cheers in joy, so happy to be able to go Beacon Academy; The school he's been wanting to go to as far as he can remember. Colt's father brings him into a small hug then patting him on the arm.

Colt: I- I can't believe it!

Imp: Believe it, son. I was the same way when I was in your shoes.

The two walk up to the back porch and sit down on two chairs with a table in between. Colt keeps on staring at the letter; Smiling and surprised that he had been accepted.

Imp: I'm proud of you, Colt. I remember when I went to Beacon Academy, met new people, got a team, obviously, some of those new people became close friends. (Looks to Colt) You'll be doing those exact same things.

Colt: I... I just wish mom was here for this.

He sighs depressingly, Putting the letter on the table.

Imp: But she is here. She may not be right here but she's with us. Looking down to us, smiling, happy to see what you've become. She never doubted you and your abilities.

Imp looks to the slightly clouded skies, smiling.

Colt: You know, you don't have to get all philosophical on me. I know she's with us (Shrugging his shoulders) in some way.

Imp: Hah, you think that's philosophical? Just wait till you meet Professor Ozpin, he was that and a little ominous.

Colt: If you say so. I'm gonna get back to training.

Imp: Alright, but if you need me, I'll be up town. Just give me a call if you do.

Colt is seen walking back down to the wooden training dummy but stops halfway; Turning around to face his father, who's opening the backdoor.

Colt: Hey dad?

Imp: (Turning around) Yeah?

Colt: Do you... (Looks away) Think I'm ready to go to Beacon?

Imp: Of course you are, what kind of question is that supposed to be? (Walking down to the yard) You passed the test, you've been training for so many years and now you're wondering if you're ready?

Colt: It's just... I haven't even unlocked my Semblance yet. All my other friends have, but not me.

Imp: (Chuckles) I would say I was in the same position, but I'd be lying if I said that.

Colt: How did you unlock yours?

Imp: (Shrugs his shoulders) I couldn't tell you. Some people unlock it out of nowhere, during training or under immense amount of pressure. You'll just have to wait and see, there's no telling when your Semblance will be unlocked. Hell, I knew some people when I went to Beacon that never unlocked their Semblance.

Colt: So you're telling me, I'll unlock it out of nowhere?

Imp: (Pats Colt on the shoulder) In time.

With that, Imp walks away, leaving Colt to his training dummy. Colt watches his father enter the house before turning his attention back to the training dummy and unsheathes his sword.

Colt continues to train on his wooden dummy throughout most of the day until around the time of the sun setting and while he was training, Colt couldn't help but think about how he can unlock his Semblance, his father told him it would unlock in time, but how long is "in time". Colt puts his sword back into its sheath and heads into the house; taking his sheath off his back.

Entering the house, Colt walks around the kitchen into the living room to see his father sitting down in his armchair and someone he's seen before sitting down on the middle of a couch with their feet propped up on the coffee table sitting in front of the couch. His father notices Colt and calls out to him, addressing the man sat down on the couch.

Imp: Hey, son, you remember Qrow, one of my friends back from Beacon?

Colt: (Scratching his head) Uhh, kinda, it's been a few years. I guess.

Imp: Colt here, is going to be heading off to Beacon some time soon. Just got his acceptance letter today.

Qrow: Is that so? Haha, I remember when I started there. You were a horrible fighter. I wiped the floor with you the first time we dueled.

Imp: Hey, I got better. Didn't I?

Qrow: Kinda.

Qrow starts chuckling as Colt starts heading off to a small hallway behind the couch.

Colt: I'm gonna head off to bed, been training all day, kinda tired.

Imp: Oh, well alright.

Qrow turns his head around the farthest he can; Watching Colt walk off into the dimly lit hallway then turning back to face Imp.

Qrow: He seems... moody.

Imp: He's probably just tired. He's been training for two weeks now. So, what brought you out here anyway?

Qrow: Headed to a mission. But, I figured I would stop here since it was on the way.

Imp: One of Oz's missions?

Qrow: Bingo. (Standing up) I should probably be going on my way, it's pretty far away.

Imp: (Standing up) Yeah, well thanks for stopping by, it's been a little while since you visited.

Imp walks over to the front; Opening it for Qrow.

Imp: See you in five years?

He jokingly asks, making Qrow let out a small chuckle as he exits out the door and turns around.

Qrow: Maybe on my way back to Beacon, I'll stop by again.

Imp: Yeah, alright. I'll see you when I see you.

Qrow: You too.

Imp finally closes the front door and checks his pocket watch.

Imp: Oh, it's actually quite late, um. Think I'll head to bed as well.

The setting sun is replaced with the fractured moon sitting high in the center of the night skies; The moonlight illuminating the dark. Colt is seen sleeping in his completely dark room with the only bit of light being the moonlight, he tosses and turns every once and a while but is suddenly awakened by a distant scream, then another and another. The screaming gets louder, Colt gets out of bed, a little frustrated and looks out his window, seeing people of the town fleeing in every direction with only a few arming themselves.

Colt: What is going on out there?

He opens his window and sticks his head out; Looking to the right. His eyes widen at the sight of Grimm creatures running amok and killing people.

Colt: Dad! DAD!

He dashes out of his room and into his father's, violently shaking him awake. Imp groans, annoyed and slowly opens his eyes; Rubbing them.

Imp: Colt? Wh-what's going on, you okay?

Colt: We aren't going to be in a few minutes! The Grimm is here and are actively attacking our friends and neighbors!

Imp: WHAT!!!

Imp quickly grabs a big Warhammer and runs through the house, charging through the front door; Breaking it.

Imp: Colt! Grab your gear! NOW!!

Without wasting any time, Colt slips into his combat gear and grabs his sheath and broadsword. Running outside up to his father.

Imp: I'm gonna go help the local warriors, you go find the mayor!

Colt: Don't you need help?

Imp: Now's not the time, GO!

Colt storms off; Unsheathing his broadsword. Imp watches his son run off into town, hoping it's not crawling with Grimm. Imp finally turns his attention to the approaching Grimm and charges towards them and slams his Warhammer down on a Creep.

Running into the more central part of town, Colt is getting closer and closer to the mayor's office. Three Beowolves are just ahead of him, Colt slides under one's legs firing off a couple bursts out of his rifle mode, killing the other two before getting back to his feet and impaling the last one with his broadsword mode. Two more Beowolves are seen attacking a woman, Colt runs as fast as he can but is too late as the woman drops dead from a deadly slash.

Colt: NO!

Colt swiftly slices the two Beowolves in half. Colt looks into a storefront and sees multiple dead bodies, presumably killed by the two Beowolves. Colt looks away in sadness knowing that he knew those people and continues into town. Colt finds an injured man on the ground, near a dilapidating clocktower, he runs over to the man and kneels down next to him, holding his head up.

Colt: Hello? Sir, are you okay?

Man: (Coughs up blood) Help... me...

Colt: I need to find the mayor, tell me where he is!

Man: Boy. (Coughs) The mayor's dead, boy. You need to... get out of here.

The man then succumbs to deep wounds found on his torso, coughing up blood one last time before his body goes lifeless.

Colt: No. No! Why is this happening!

He screams up to the night sky. A Nevermore is heard, screeching above the town; Hearing Colt's screams, the Nevermore soars down towards the town. Colt gets up, he switches to the burst rifle mode and loads a fire Dust magazine, he begins firing at the descending Nevermore. He empties the whole magazine with more than half of the burst landing on the Nevermore, the Nevermore is knocked off course and crashes through the clocktower; Destroying the whole tower with all the debris killing the Nevermore.

Colt turns around, looking at an Ursa that's holding the dead body of the mayor. The Ursa lets out a loud and aggressive roar as it tosses the dead mayor aside and charges towards Colt, Colt follows suit and leaps over the big Ursa, beheading it in the process; Landing into a roll and running down a street.

Back where Colt left his father, Imp watches as the town's warriors are killed off one by one, A Beowolf slashes one until they die, the tail of a Deathstalker is seen stabbing through another's torso and one more being stomped by a massive Ursa Major. Three Beowolves, two Creeps and an Ursa all surround Imp; All charging at him. Imp raises his foot from the ground, an electrical charge surges through his lower leg as he stomp down; Sending out a shockwave, blasting the surrounding Grimm and dissolving them. He effortlessly takes out two Creeps with quick swings with his Warhammer. One last Beowolf attempts to smack Imp, Imp catches Grimm's paw and swings him over his shoulder; Slamming the Beowolf to the ground before stomping its face into the ground. Imp breathes heavily from all the fighting he had endured throughout the night, he looks ahead; Seeing a semi-glowing black liquid goo forming next to the Ursa Major and now an Alpha Beowolf.

Somewhere else in town, Colt continues running around, trying to find his father, since the mayor is now confirmed dead. As Colt runs through town, he sees multiple dead bodies. Men, women, children. Colt just couldn't stop seeing the destruction and death that surrounds him. Colt is stopped in his tracks as an Ursa Major gets in front of his path, it roars and charges towards him. Colt slashes the Major, but it does nothing and is picked up by the leg; Being slammed down to the ground then thrown through a building, then a house, that his father is standing outside of.

Imp: Colt?!

Imp's attention is caught by his son and is caught off guard when he hears a roar that doesn't sound like a Grimm. He turns to see the black liquid has formed into a black armored Knight with black smoke emitting off its body and red glowing eyes that are staring down his soul. It raises its arm and points to Imp; Confusing Imp.

Veilios: Kill him.

The creature says with a very dark and gargled voice. The Alpha Beowolf and Ursa Major both charge at Imp.

Imp: Did it just speak?

Not being able to process what he heard, Imp dodges a swipe from the Alpha Beowolf and sending it into the air with a powerful swing with the Warhammer, jumping high into the air and sending the Beowolf back down to the ground. The Ursa Major attempts to stomp Imp, just like its previous kill, but fails as Imp leaps out of the way and uses momentum to launch himself at the Ursa Major and sends it flying through a house with another powerful swing.

Veilios: (Groans) Pest!

A tendril pops out of the right shoulder of the Knight armored Grimm and wraps it around Imp's throat, strangling him as he's pulled over to Veilios.

Imp: What... Are you?

He says as he coughs, struggling to breathe.

Veilios just stares at the choking man with nothing but its raspy breathing being heard. Veilios pulls out a saber sword and stabs Imp through the abdomen, then snapping Imp's neck and tossing him aside.

Veilios: What am I? Is none of your concern.

The Grimm Knight turns around, facing several Grimm that all stare at him as if they were waiting for orders or something. Veilios lets out a spine-chilling snarl, which makes all the surrounding Grimm retreat. Veilios then puts away his saber and leaves the destroyed and burning town.

As night turns to day, all the townsfolk have been wiped out; Killed by overwhelming Grimm or Veilios itself. Colt awakens from being knocked out from the Ursa Major, finding himself in a house. Colt climbs out of debris he caught in and runs out of the house; Looking around at all the destruction and death, but his eyes find his father. Colt wastes no time running over to his father.

Colt: Dad?

He looks over to see the stab wound from Veilios' saber, realizing that he's dead. He lowers his head with tears beginning to form in his eyes, he slams his fists on the ground and lets out a cry of anger and sadness with his head facing the clear blue sky. Twenty minutes pass and Colt is seen standing in front of a makeshift headstone with his dad's name carved into it. Having buried his father, he looks at the grave and rests his father's Warhammer down next to the headstone. Colt looks at his father's pocket watch and stuffs it into his pocket then pulls out and unfolds the Beacon acceptance letter, Staring at it. He stuffs the letter back into his other pocket before leaving his father's grave site; Then walking out of town with his head lowered in sadness.

That's the end of the first prologue. Keep an eye for the next one. Oh, and would you be so kind to play this linked song?

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

58.6K 687 16
The White knight of Ice and the Red knight of flame, are known to be Immortal beings and the strongest huntsmen on Remnant, said to be even stronger...
247K 4.3K 55
well fuck here we are, first attempt at writing in fuck knows how long. ehm this story is gonna be a bit...different from what people may be used to...
2K 42 23
IMPORTANT: I am currently in the process of remastering this story and will soon be working on the sequels. once the remastering is done I will chang...
8.5K 270 31
RWBY. A world about four amazing girls attending a prestigious academy, who's sole purpose is to train the next Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight off...