At The Beginning With You

By Havingfunwithfanfic

The gods see the world being destroyed during the Long Night and decide to fix things. Daemon and Rhaenyra ha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 19

1.4K 66 18
By Havingfunwithfanfic

Baelon and Aemma's betrothal is announced. Rhaenyra asks Daemon some uncomfortable questions. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

4 days later.

Aemma smiled as she watched Rhaenyra run around. Her daughter had been excited since the night before when Daemon, Nyra, and Damon had promised to take her on a dragon ride to Dragonstone. Daemon had asked for her permission the night before and told her they would also have a picnic. Her daughter had been so excited that Aemma could not tell her no. She also did not want her daughter's life to change too much. Aemma had spoken to Rhaenyra and told her about her and Baelon's wedding. Her daughter had been a bit confused and did not understand everything that was happening. But Rhaenyra had heard from someone else that Viserys had asked for a divorce. Aemma had to explain to Rhaenyra what a divorce was and that just because she and her father would no longer be together did not mean that Viserys did not love her.

Rhaenyra had been a bit upset that her father wanted to leave her and told Aemma that she did not have to see Viserys ever again. She felt bad for her daughter, she was so young and a lot of things would not make sense now. Baelon had told her that the king would announce their betrothal this morning and they had decided that it would be best if she and Rhaenyra were not present. Baelon knew that Viserys would not react well and he did not want her or Rhaenyra caught up in the middle. So Aemma had spent the last hour in the gardens with her daughter and three guards.

"KEPUS!" Rhaenyra took off running as fast as her small legs would carry her and threw herself in her uncle's arms. "Are we going now?"

"Yes, in just a minute," Daemon answered before kissing the side of the little girl's head.

Baelon also kissed her daughter's head before moving towards Aemma, his smile took her breath away and made her knees weak. She could have sworn her legs shook. She had a harder time being near him since that kiss. All she wanted was for him to kiss her again, but she did not want to ask him. He had helped her so much already and she did not wish to be greedy.

"Good day, Aemma." He stopped in front of her and took her hand, helping her stand. "It is done, my father announced our engagement and we will be wed in three weeks."

"And are you ok?" His expression was questioning. "I cannot imagine Viserys took well to the news."

"He did not say anything." Baelon shrugged. "He seemed too shocked to speak. When my father ended court he was still standing there with a disbelieving look on his face, he did not say anything as I walked away."

Aemma opened her mouth, but Rhaenyra ran up to them, hugging Baelon's leg and looking up at him.

"Do I have to call you father now?" Rhaenyra asked.

"What?" Baelon shook his head. "Of course not, little hatchling. You already have a father."

"Ohh." Rhaenyra frowned and gave Baelon an inquisitive look. "Am I going to have a little brother or sister? Or are you too old to have children?"

"Too old?" Baelon looked so offended that Aemma had to cover her mouth to stop her laugh from escaping. Daemon made no such attempts, he was doubled over with laughter as Baelon gave Rhaenyra an incredulous look. "I am not old. Who told you I was old?"

"Uncle Daemon did." Rhaenyra pointed at a laughing Daemon. "He says you are close to your grave and your heart might give out at any moment." Rhaenyra frowned as she stared at her grandsire. "But you do not look that old to me. At least, you are not as wrinkly as grandsire Jaehaerys."

Rhaenyra smiled at her grandsire as she ran back to her uncle and laughed when he picked her up and kissed her cheek. Daemon waved at Baelon and Aemma as he walked away with his niece. Baelon just stood there glaring at the back of his son's head as Aemma attempted to hold back her laughter.

"That little shit, I cannot believe he would ask her to say that." Baelon turned to Aemma and gave her an annoyed look. "I will make him pay for that."

"He might have asked her to call you old, but the comment about you not being as wrinkly as Jaehaerys that was all Rhaenyra."

This time Aemma did let out a laugh. Poor Baelon looked so upset at being called old.

"It is not amusing." Aemma bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing. Then Baelon's look changed, his eyes becoming hot and her laughter died. "So you think I am old?"

He moved closer until his scent enveloped her. His hand reached out and he ran the back of his fingers over her cheek and jawline. Aemma stopped breathing as his hands moved over her skin. His other hand moved to her waist and he pressed her body against his.

"Answer me, Aemma." She was helpless as he lowered his head and brushed his lips over her ear. "Do you believe I am old?"

"No." Her voice was breathless and she was not sure if she was capable of saying anything else.

It turned out she did not need to say anything else, in the next second his mouth had slammed over hers, sending a thrill down her spine. His tongue was smooth as it slid over hers. Aemma wrapped her arms around his neck as he took her bottom lip between his teeth, the hand that had been cupping her face moved to the back of her neck.

Aemma had never known how much a kiss could make a person feel, how it would make her whole body sensitive and hot. Every time he kissed her she became helpless and could not think. She wanted his hands all over her body, for him to touch her everywhere. Now she could understand why Nyra enjoyed every time Damon kissed her. She wondered if she would enjoy bedding Baelon the way Nyra enjoyed being with Daemon.

"YOU LYING WHORE!" Aemma jumped and Baelon broke the kiss, turning towards Viserys who was standing by the garden entrance. "What did you do to convince my father to wed you? Did you fuck him?"

"VISERYS!" Baelon was furious and Aemma could not help but feel bad, looking between father and son. "You will watch your tongue and you will never speak to her that way again."

"You are my father. How can you do this to me?" Viserys looked so hurt. "She is my wife and the mother of my daughter."

"She was your wife!" Baelon snapped at his son. "Or did you forget that you are the one who chose to leave her and your daughter? I attempted to stop you several times, to make understand what you had and you refused. You would not listen to me. Did you honestly think I would allow Aemma to be sold off to another man who would use her as a breeding mare? Did you think I would allow you to take Rhaenyra away from her?"

"And your solution was to wed her?" Viserys gave his father an incredulous look. "Do you know how that makes me look, what people will say about it?"

"That is one of your problems, Viserys." Baelon shook his head. "You care too much about what other people will think."

Viserys was not pacified in the least, he just glared at his father. She had not wanted this to happen, she did not want to be the cause of Baelon and Viserys fighting. She had never seen Viserys that angry before, that hurt and it made her feel like the worst woman in the world. She was the one causing a rift between a father and his son, this was all because Baelon wanted to protect her.

Viserys approached them quickly and Aemma's hand moved, tightening over Baelon's. It stopped Viserys in his tracks and his glare moved to her.

"They are all going to laugh at you, going from son to father." Baelon removed his hand from hers at Viserys's words and moved closer to his son. "Everyone will know what a whore you are."

Aemma was shocked by Viserys's attack, he had never been so cruel to her before. But what shocked Aemma the most was when Baelon's fist went flying and smashed into Viserys's face. She covered her mouth as Viserys fell to the ground and did not move again.

"Guards, take my son to his chambers and make sure that he is examined by a maester." Baelon did not seem too concerned as he turned back to her. He kissed her forehead before hugging her to him. "I will not allow any disrespect towards you, not even from my son."

She had not wanted things to turn this way, but she was glad she had someone that cared about her.

                                                           Aemma Arryn (18 years old.)

                                                          Baelon Targaryen (43 years old.)

******************************************************************************************************************************************

                                                         Daemon Targaryen (19 years old.)

                                                        Rhaenyra Targaryen (3 years old.)

"She is exhausting." Nyra laughed as she sat down on the blanket they had spread out near the water and took one of the strawberries from the plate. "I cannot keep running after her any longer."

"You do realize she is a younger version of you? You were just like that." Damon laughed, before kissing her lips and standing up. "I will chase her for a little while."

The flight to Dragonstone had been fun and Nyra had loved watching as Daemon and Caraxes did trucks to make the little girl laugh. Nyra and Damon had discovered that Baelon and Aemma's betrothal would be announced today. They did not want Rhaenyra to be present to see what would happen afterward. They knew that Viserys would not take it well and the small girl should not have the face the confrontation that would surely take place.

"I am surprised you are taking this so well." Daemon took his eyes away from Damon and Rhaenyra and looked at her. "I believed you would not accept Baelon and Aemma's marriage."

"Why not?" Daemon gave her a questioning look. "I have always loved Aemma, she is my cousin and the mother of my niece. My father has been alone for a long time and he deserves to be happy and to have a companion."

"Is it not a little strange?" She did not want to make things difficult, but she could not help but be curious. "She was your good sister and now she will become your stepmother."

"Well, apparently in the future she will be my good mother." Daemon laughed when she flushed. "What is one more title between family?"

She was happy he was not angry at the new circumstances. She had been afraid he would be upset about Baelon and Aemma's wedding and would blame her and Damon. Several things had changed since they had been sent back and she did not know if the changes were for good or not.

Their conversation ended when Rhaenyra and Damon ran up to them.

"I have convinced our little tornado to stop for a few minutes to eat." Rhaenyra sat on Daemon's lap as Damon sat beside Nyra. "If we are lucky she will decide to take a nap after eating."

"Why are mama and grandsire getting married?" They all turned to the small girl, who was eating a grape while staring at them. "Why did papa leave mama?"

"Well, little dragon, sometimes adults do not get along." Daemon pushed a curl behind Rhaenyra's ear. "Your papa wanted different things than your mama did and my father wants to protect your mama."

"Did my papa not want my mama because I am not a boy?" Nyra and Damon were quiet, but they both noticed the way Daemon's hand fisted on the blanket as he attempted to keep his expression neutral. "I heard papa talking once and he said that boys are more important."

"That is not true." There was a tightness to Daemon's voice as he attempted to reassure the small girl. "Your papa is mistaken, boys are not more important. You are the most important child in the world and I could not love anyone more had you been born a boy."

"Does that mean once we are wed you will not care if we only have daughters?" Rhaenyra took a bite of one of the strawberries as Daemon's face paled.

"Little dragon, we have talked about this." Damon and Nyra were attempting not to laugh. "You will not be marrying anyone for years and years."

"Hopefully not too many years." Rhaenyra's face scrunched up. "You will be too old then. I do not want to wed you if you are wrinkly like grandsire Jaehaerys."

"I will not be wrinkly like grandsire." Daemon looked so insulted that Damon and Nyra burst into laughter.

Poor Daemon, was now getting back what he had done to his father earlier that morning. Daemon had convinced Rhaenyra to play a prank on his father and call him old. Now Rhaenyra appeared worried that Daemon would be too old by the time she grew up. Daemon took a grape and popped it in his mouth at the same time Rhaenyra looked up at him.

"How are babes made?" Damon moved quickly and slapped Daemon's back when the younger man started to choke on the grape he had been attempting to swallow when Rhaenyra had asked the question. The small girl did not seem to see the problem as she looked at her uncle. "I need to know."

Nyra laughed, she could not help it. It was amusing to see how many awkward questions she had asked her uncle as a child. Being sent to the past had very amusing moments. 

                                                       Rhaenyra Targaryen (17 years old.)

                                                            Daemon Targaryen (33 years old.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 8.5K 48
Daemon and Rhaenyra married. Their first child was sent by the Gods to save them all. Deirys Targaryen was born with a direct connection to the Fourt...
129K 3.1K 12
A young Targaryen who is the rebellious son of the rebellious Daemon Targaryen. The King, Viserys Targaryen despises his nephew but little does he kn...
48.8K 2K 53
I saw the trailer for House of the Dragon season 2 and it just broke my heart how devastated Rhaenyra look. Since I know a lot of what will happen be...
537K 14.8K 72
What happens when Rhaenyra and Daemon's night in the brothel turned out to be more than what the princess admitted to? What happens when a child is c...