from the start | ran takahashi

By msleereiun

*inspired by the song "from the start" by laufey. a young girl that, unfortunately, fell head over heels on h... More

intro (new info)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5 (Ran)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 10 (Ran)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 2

569 11 1
By msleereiun

I sat down near a window seat and texted my brother, Ryouta, to see if he was at home.

Rika: hey.

After a few seconds, Ryouta replied,

Ryouta: rude goblin. what do you want?

I scoffed at the nickname.

Rika: first of all, i'm not that short. second of all, im going to ur house now.

Ryouta: ah nice.

I waited for another reply but nothing came up.

'That's it?'

Rika: fuck u >:(

Ryouta: WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY??

I laughed silently as I didn't want to get people's attention.

Rika: aNywAYs... pls order food. im hungry :p

Ryouta: do i look like a fridge to you -_-

Rika: yes.

Ryouta: fuck u.

Ryouta: what do you want..

I giggled, feeling like a winner.

Rika: anythingg.. i just want to drink but i don't wanna get drunk before my flight either.

Ryouta: ah you're leaving tonight, right?

Rika: yep yep.

Ryouta: why did u suddenly wanna drink?

Rika: later :p

Ryouta: ok boss

I turned off my phone, feeling a bit better than I did a while ago. I opened the bus window and felt the breeze flow through my hair and skin. I closed my eyes and felt at ease for a moment. I leaned my head against the window and kept my eyes on scenery.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I rung the bell for almost 5 times now and still no answer from Ryouta. When I decided to call him, the door suddenly opened.

"Sorry..." He apologized.

"What the hell happened to you, man?" I asked worriedly.

"I was outside, on the balcony, talking to someone on the phone." He said letting me in.

"Ahh.. Who?" I asked, taking off my shoes.

"You're a nosy rat, aren't you?" He laughed as he sat down on his couch.

"Hey! What's with this bullying? I haven't seen you in so long, and the first thing you do is bully me!" I said dramatically, placing a hand on my chest, expressing that I was hurt.

"Yeah, no wonder you built a theatre.." He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at the comment.

"Shut up, we've got a doctor in the family and that's you. Let me be the problematic art kid." I said plopping myself on the other single couch.

"Do you wanna drink?" He said standing up.

"Nah.. not yet. I haven't eaten anything." I said, as my stomach made a grumbling noise.

"See?" I said pointing at my stomach.

He rolled his eyes, when suddenly the door bell rung. He went to the door and got the food, then went back to the dining table. I stood from the couch to sit on one of the dining chairs.

As Ryouta placed the food on the table, that made my mouth water, I asked the question again.

"So.. who was it?" I asked, eyeing the food.

"Who?" He questioned, avoiding the question.

I look at him, deadpan.

"The delivery guy. Of course, the person you were talking to on the phone." I said as I crossed my arms.

I waited for him to answer as he placed the paper bag down on the floor and sat down with me.

He noticed that I wasn't moving even though I was so hungry. He sighed and gave in.

"It was Ran.." He answered, picking up his chopsticks.

I uncrossed my arms and sat there, taken aback.

"Oh.." I said, picking up my chopsticks as well.

"Yeah.." He said, clearing his throat.

"All of a sudden?" I asked.

"No, well.. Yes? I mean we've been talking again for a while but not on call.." He started.

I urged him to move on as I picked up some food from the container.

"He replied to my story when I posted us together in front of your theatre. After your first show." He stated, picking up some food as well.

I stopped midway making it fall on the table.

"Rika!" Ryouta groaned.

"Sorry.." I mumbled picking up the food with my hands and ate it.

I looked up at my brother and saw him make a face.

"Shut up.. well, what did he say." I said with my mouth full.

"First, he was amazed and told me to congratulate you, which was weird because he could've just messaged you directly." He said as he shoved the food in his mouth.

'Ah he doesn't know Ran doesn't follow me..'

"Well, we weren't as close you guys so I would also think of it a bit weirdly.." I mumbled.

'Though, I wish he did send a simple message.'

He nodded his head.

"Then after that, we started chatting as if nothing happened.." He said as he grabbed more food.

"You know.. I never knew what happened between you guys." I said, lowkey asking for him to open up.

"We both just had different paths, Rika." He said, feeling a bit upset.

I knew he was still holding it in but I didn't want to push it. I just nodded my head and continued to eat silently.

"Anyways, I told him you were going to Italy in the phone call." He said as he continued to eat.

"What? Why?" I questioned as my eyes widen.

"Why are you suddenly shouting?" He gave me a dirty look.

I apologized under my breath and calmed myself down.

"Why did you do that though?" I asked feeling confused as why he needs to tell someone a piece of information that didn't concern them.

"Hey, it's your first time in Italy and I want someone to have their eyes on you." He stated.

"Wait..." I said, starting to connect the dots.

"He's there?!" I stood up from my seat, almost slamming the table.

"Rika.. calm down. What the fuck is happening to you?" Ryouta asked, cleaning up the mess I made.

I don't want to see him there. Not after what he did to my brother. Not after what I had to go through when he left without a word. Not when I suddenly started to get my life together.

'Well.. trying to get my life together.'

"It's not my first time in Europe though.. Come on, I don't need a babysitter! I'm already 20." I reasoned out.

"You're STILL 20. It won't be that bad. Just see him one time and that's it." He said continuing to eat.

I groaned and walked to his kitchen.

"Where are you going?" He semi-shouted.

"To get drunk." I shouted back.

"Get me some too." Ryouta said as I hummed back.

'Just once.. it won't be that bad right? I'll be fine right?'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was around 4pm when I got to the airport. Thankfully, my brother sobered up quickly and was able to drop me off. After grabbing my suitcase from my house, of course, that I almost didn't have time to fix as we lost track of time.

We said our farewells as I went inside the airport.

I opened my phone to see if there was any messages or emails I needed to answer. I opened one chat and saw nothing.

Rika: It's okay.. You'll still drop me off at the airport right?

Seen 5 hours ago

I rolled my eyes and rolled my suitcase to the counter. After checking in, I roamed around and went to a cafe to drink something. I don't want to drink coffee as the time difference will screw up my sleep schedule. I opted for a hot coco instead.

I sat down on one of the seats that was near to my gate. I pulled out my earphones and connected them to my phone. I started playing the music that I was about to teach to the students in Milan. I probably looked like a crazy person as I was just moving my hands to the music. I stopped playing it and just played a random playlist on my phone.

I sipped on my hot coco and checked the time.

4:38pm

"The flight to Milan, Italy, is now boarding" The speaker boomed.

I took my stuff and went through the gate.

'I hope everything goes smoothly.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 75 9
The aftermath of a party. TW: R@P€!!!!
49.8K 1.4K 45
"𝐿𝑒𝑑'𝑠 π‘ π‘™π‘œπ‘€ π‘‘π‘œπ‘€π‘› π‘‘π‘–π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘¦π‘π‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘  π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘€π‘–π‘›π‘‘" "π‹π¨π―πž 𝐒𝐧 𝐒π₯𝐨𝐰 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧" is fanfiction story abo...
20.1K 586 31
Ran Takahashi is rising-star.. a celebrity of Volleyball after debut in Olympics Tokyo 2020. But his heart was empty. Like some of his friends who h...
18.8K 414 48
Atsumu x femreader One day, you meet a boy at a professional volleyball game in the Osaka prefecture in Japan. The following year you start high scho...