The Trickster's Family (Perso...

By deception92

A what if story featuring Persona 5 protagonist, Ren Amamiya (also known as the Joker) who lives with his unc... More

Bio (Prologue only)
Important to note when reading
Prologue - Part 1: The Faith of the Star
Prologue - Part 2: The Idol's Lies
Prologue - Part 3: Clinging to the Past
Prologue - Part 4: I'm here for you
Prologue - Part 5 : What lies to someone
Prologue - Part 6 : Proof of Love and Justice
Prologue - Part 7 : Dancing Star
Prologue - Part 8 : Father and Son
Prologue - Part 9 : The Rain Falls
Prologue - Final Part : Life Will Change
New Bio: Main Characters
New Bio: Side Characters
Persona 4 Guests
Persona 3 Guests
Chapter 1: The New Beginning
Chapter 2: The Rock Bottom
Chapter 3: The Reunion
Chapter 4: The Mystery Girl
Chapter 5: Rise Kujikawa
Chapter 6: The Unfriendly Reunion

Chapter 1.5: The Twins

1K 20 7
By deception92

(A/N: This extra chapter takes place before Ai's performance starts. Note that the second chapter is on its way. So stay tuned.)

After Ai and Ren went to the TV station, Morgana stays at home as he'll be on guard to keep an eye on Aqua and Ruby. Of course, Miyako was there too but she doesn't seem to be too keen on watching Ai's children. So, it up to Morgana to take care of everything in the house.

Miyako: "Aw, I don't have any experience babysitting in the first place..." she said while she lay down on the couch.

Miyako: "Why did it fall on me...?" Miyako then suddenly falls asleep in the process. Morgana stares at her disappointingly.

Morgana: "Are you for real, woman? You can't possibly go sleeping right away while they still awake." he said to her while she fast asleep.

Aqua: "Let her be, Morgana. This can be a great opportunity to watch Ai's performance on screen."

Morgana: "Don't you think that the noise from the tv will wake her up?"

Aqua: "Well, I doubt she cares since she was too tired from all of the work with the president." he said as he stares at Miyako.

Morgana: "You got a point there." he said as Aqua turns the tv on. The tv displays Ai on screen as she greeted at the camera with a smile on her face. Morgana sits next to Aqua while he's watching.

Female host: "Here's Ai-san who has resumed her idol activities as of today!"

Male host: "Are you doing okay? Are you eating properly?" he asked.

Ai: "Yes! I'm eating plenty! Thanks to certain someone!"

Morgana: "Heh. Seems like the curry that Ren made has been paid off. Right, Aqua?"

Aqua: "Yup. At least that will help her to perform on stage better." 

Morgana: "Pretty sure she could have eaten more during lunch time was it?"

Aqua: "Not quite. She needs to take lighter meal that time so she shouldn't affect her performance that much when going on stage. At least that what the president told her." he said while drinking a bottle of milk.

Morgana: "Huh. No wonder."

Ai: "Oh right! Speaking of food, the other day my baby..." Aqua spittake the milk at Morgana when he heard Ai almost cross the line. The milk splashes Morgana in the face causing him to scream.

Morgana: "OI!!! What was that for?!!!" he yelled.

Aqua: "*cough* *cough* S-Sorry!!" he apologize.

Aqua: "It just that Ai almost said something unreasonable on screen!"

Morgana: "But that doesn't mean you have to spittake at me! I just washed myself last time!" he said while his face soaked with milk.

Aqua: "I'm sorry. Ok? I won't spit on you again. Promise."

Morgana: "You better be. Dang it, I need to wash myself again. I feel gross!" He said as he went back to the bathroom. While he goes to the bathroom. Aqua goes back on watching Ai on screen again.

Ai: "Ahahaha~ I'm always blurting out such strange things! My bad!" she laughed.

Aqua: "Maybe she really is hopeless." he thought to himself.

(During their live performance)

As Ai's performance starts, Morgana comes back from washing and sits next to Aqua watching Ai's performance on screen. Morgana seems surprised by how radiant Ai is especially she gives off such mythical aura that attract people's attention.

Morgana: "So that what she do on stage. huh? I gotta admit, her performance holds allure that caught people's attention. Even myself I couldn't stop watching."

Aqua: "Same here. I'm impressed to see her dance with full of energy. I wouldn't imagine if her strength suddenly left her by the time she performs."

Morgana: "*chuckle* You should thank Ren for that. He's the one that give her some last time."

Morgana: "Although, that president sure was a crazy guy. If her secrets exposed to public, he'll probably risk of losing everything especially his and her career."

Aqua: "I get it. But still, there's no way to not go crazy around her."

Aqua: "I always wanted to watch her performance by the time she at its peak. And boy I'm glad I'm able to watch over Ai from so close." 

Aqua: "So much so, that I'm grateful to her e-- I-I mean grateful towards god who gave me a chance to see her perform again." Morgana turns at Aqua.

Morgana: "You have such a weird obsession towards Ai. You and your twin sister, Ruby."

Aqua: "How can we not? We always been her fans for a long period of time even from previous life. We otakus had privilege to see her perform whenever she doing live concerts or on CDs. Ai brought an inspiration to all of us."

Morgana: "I see."

Suddenly Ruby woke up.

Ruby: "Wait!" Aqua and Morgana turns at Ruby.

Ruby: "N-Station already started! Why didn't you guys wake me up?!" she said as she tries to make her way out from her little bed and crawl towards the tv.

Ruby: "Oh my god, Mama's just too cute! All the viewers should pay 100 million yen for this! Her expressiveness when she turns is outta this world! It's so eerie like she's an oni! Damn!"

Ruby: "I just had a diaper change but I feel like I'm gonna wet myself!" Morgana disgusts himself when she said that.

Morgana: "Ew! Don't! Otherwise, you'll be the one to clean up the mess!" he said but Ruby is too focused on Ai.

Ruby: "She has a great looks, great figure, and her singing is excellent too! Our mom is seriously a tremendous talent!"

Ruby: "I've gotta go back and watch the recording the ASAP!" she said but then she turns at Aqua and Morgana with the pout on her face.

Ruby: "Live broadcasts are best watched in real time, so why didn't you guys wake me up?"

Ruby: "This body of mine always gets so tired, so let's help each other out! "

Aqua: "We did tried to wake you up numerous times before, Ruby. But you're still sleeping no matter what."

Ruby: "Eh? You both did?" They nodded.

Morgana: "Yeah. He speaks the truth. What more can you ask for?" he said as he goes back watching on screen.

Morgana: "Either way, You ain't too late to watch your mother's performance at the very least. You still can use the remote to record it when she goes live."

Ruby: "Oh right! You just record it once and then you can watch it forever! Talk about value!"

Morgana: "*sigh* I swear you kids are so weird if I say so myself."

Ruby: "Well, not as much compare to you, Morgana. I mean you're a cat who talks, right? Almost like you just came straight from the cartoons."

Morgana: "Except, I'm not from the cartoons and I'm not a cat either. I'm a living being whose sole purpose is to guide the trickster and--" Aqua interrupts.

Aqua: "And defeat the malevolent god. Yeah we heard that before ever since we first met. And I still remembered till this day."

Aqua: "Although, to think that he was the main cause that dragged Ren into some dangerous situation somehow scares me."

Morgana: "You mean his part where he became the leader of the phantom thieves? Yeah I'm pretty sure he did. You gotta admit he managed to take down that fake god thanks to everyone's cheers. He's a great hero in Japan. A lot of people have inspired by the presence of the phantom thieves."

Ruby: "I wonder. What would the phantom thieves would be when I see them on person? Aren't you intrigued by this, onii-chan?" Aqua shrugged.

Aqua: "How should I know? It not like I care much about them well except for Ren. I mainly focus on Ai after all I am her fan."

Ruby: "Same goes for me. But I would like to see the phantom thieves as well if I want to. I haven't met them myself but I would love to."

Morgana: "Heh. You both get the opportunity soon when the time comes." he said. Ruby saw the bottle of milk on the floor as she tries to get it herself. She then turns at Aqua while holding the bottle of milk.

Ruby: "I hope you don't mind if I drink this, onii-chan. I'm kinda thirsty." Aqua's eyes widen when he saw Ruby holding his bottle.

Aqua: "Ruby! No! You can't drink that! That's mine!" he said as he tries to get the bottle back from Ruby.

Ruby: "But I'm thirsty!" she said but Aqua ignores that. As a result, both Aqua and Ruby tries to pull each other for the bottle of milk. 

Morgana: "Come on you guys! Quit fighting! Didn't you guys learned your lesson?" he said but they completely ignore him. They pull the bottle so hard that the bottle slip their hands off in the air and drops on Aqua.

Aqua: "Gotcha!" he said while holding his bottle.

Aqua: "Sorry, Ruby. But I can't give you my bottle. I already drank it. You can have yours next time."

Ruby: "But... But... *sob* *sob*" she said as she was starting to cry. Morgana and Aqua stared at Ruby with worry. Aqua turns at Morgana what he should do. Morgana signals him to give the milk to Ruby. Aqua persists but seeing Ruby's cries makes him feel guilty. So he decided to handed her the bottle of milk.

Aqua: "Alright, Ruby. You can have mine." Ruby look up at Aqua with the tears at her eyes.

Ruby: "You sure?"

Aqua: "I mean I just can't stand seeing you cry after what happened last time. I feel guilty just by looking at you. You're my sister after all. Wanna share with me while watching Ai's performance?"

Ruby: "Onii-chan..." Ruby wipes her tears away as she faces Aqua with a smile. She takes the bottle of milk from Aqua as she begins drinking a bit. After she drinks, she handed the bottle back to Aqua. Aqua take the bottle back as he sits next to Ruby. 

Ruby: "I'm sorry, onii-chan."

Aqua: "Don't be. It just a small matter so I won't fold." Ruby and Aqua stares at the tv again.

Ruby: "Look, onii-chan! Mama is about to perform again! Isn't that awesome? She might get more followers from this!"

Aqua: "I hear ya, Ruby. I wonder what she's about to perform next."

Morgana watches the twins with the smile on his face. Seeing the siblings sharing each other triggers his memories when Ren and Morgana shared their bed after Sojiro allowed Morgana to stay for the first time. It was wild to see how much his relationship with Ren have grown overtime. 

Speaking of first time, he begins to think back about the time where he first met the twins who were able to communicate with Morgana. 

(Flashbacks during earlier time before the first chapter begins where Morgana meets the twins for the first time.)

Morgana: "Ngghh..." Morgana wakes up as he heard someone talking outside. He takes a quick look at the time as it shows 12:30 am.

Morgana: "Everyone went to sleep and yet someone is making a ruckus outside. I wonder who would that be?"

Morgana: "Wait a minute, someone? Did someone tried to broke in? I have to warn Ren." he turns around to see Ren is still fast asleep.

Morgana: "On second thought, maybe I'll leave him be. I can handle this myself." he said as he slowly walk outside from his room and head towards the living room.

As he approaches the living room he heard the voices become more clearer. It seems like the kids voice. He begins to wonder who would be talking in late night. He takes a quick peak while hiding at the side of the door to see who is talking. His eyes widen in shocked as he couldn't believe what he saw.

Ruby: "But, onii-chan! These people are just hating mama for her performance. They were wrong in so many areas. I'm so furious that they can't get their facts right!"

Aqua: "I know what you're saying, but is it necessary to engage with those haters on social media? You can't just cause more flames than it already does. You should know better."

Ruby: "But, onii-chan..."

Aqua: "Ruby. I would be furious as well for them hating Ai's performance. But at the end of the day they're just haters. They simply don't like her for her accomplishment."

Aqua: "Plus not many people are willing to support hate campaign towards Ai so you don't have to worry about it, Ruby. Those haters are just being delusional that's all."

Ruby: "Y-You're right. Sorry, onii-chan. I'm just couldn't stand their guts for hating mama's performance."

Aqua: "I get that feeling. But try not to cause flame wars again, Ruby? It makes you a total idiot for doing so."

Ruby: "Don't call me idiot! But I'll try not to."

Aqua: "Good."

Morgana: "Uhm..." he said as Aqua and Ruby heard Morgana's voice. They turn their head around to see Morgana standing at the door staring at them in shock.

Morgana: "How on earth did you both can talk normally?" he asks.

The weird silence starts to come in as Aqua and Ruby stares at Morgana without saying a word. After some moment.

Aqua and Ruby: "T--"

Aqua and Ruby: "THE CAT JUST TALKED!!!!!?????" they yelled. Morgana surprised by their reaction as he yelled them back trying to get them to keep quiet.

Morgana: "NOT SO LOUD, YOU IDIOTS!! Also I am not a cat! The name's Morgana in case you guys forget!"

Ruby: "W-Why on earth is papa's cat talks, onii-chan? What the hell is going on here?"

Aqua: "I-I don't know, Ruby. I'm just as surprised as you are." Aqua turns at Morgana while scared.

Aqua : "Who are you, cat? And how are you able to speak?" Morgana sighed at himself.

Morgana: "First of all, don't call me cat. That's my least favourite word whenever anyone tries to call me. Call me Morgana. And second, I always been able to speak ever since I was born."

Aqua: "Alright, Morgana. I want to ask you. What are you exactly? And how come we're able to communicate with each other?"

Morgana: "To be honest, I'm just as surprised as you two. What I am is gonna be complicated to explain. But most importantly, how did you both talk?"

Aqua: "Well uhh... We thought the same as you. There's a lot of things that we don't know about so we can't explain about it." Ruby nodded in agreement.

Morgana: "So you both didn't know as well. Huh, what a coincidence. And here I thought I was the only weird one here." Morgana notices their reaction when they saw Morgana speaks for the first time.

Morgana: "Oh, uhh... Sorry for my rude approach. I bet you guys must be surprised when you heard a talking cat in front of you."

Ruby: "Yeah, no kidding! I don't know why papa had a talking cat in mama's house." Morgana stares at her in disgust.

Morgana: "If I hear you call me cat one more time, I'll--!" he thought but he tries to compose as he doesn't want to cause trouble.

Morgana: "You know what forget it. I can't make trouble here. It happens to anyone either way."

Morgana: "Rest assured, I mean no harm to you both. I'm just curious about what is going on at late night."

Ruby: "And why should we trust you? You're just as weird as we are."

Morgana: "Because, I know Ren a lot more than you may think and I became his guidance. And what's more, he's also able to communicate with me like you guys did."

Aqua: "He did? How exactly?"

Morgana: "Well like I said before, it was way too complicated to explain. I doubt you'll understand everything I have to say."

Aqua: "I see..." Aqua tilts his head down.

Morgana: "Tell you what, let's make a deal. Why not you tell me everything about who you guys are while I'll tell you everything about who I really am? That way we can probably get to know each other better. Of course, we can freely keep our secrets if you wanted to. What do you guys say?"

Aqua: "..." Aqua seems to be having his own thoughts about Morgana. He somewhat knows him during his previous life as Gorou Amamiya. He saw Ren keeps talking with Morgana all the time. He doesn't understand what Morgana was saying as he heard a bunch of meows. At first he thought Ren as more like a cat person since he can understand what cats were saying. But now he's reincarnated as Aqua, he somewhat able to understand what Morgana was saying. Him able to understand Morgana proves that there's more than just reincarnation.

Aqua: "I guess it wasn't a bad deal. But we gladly accept."

Ruby: "Are you sure, onii-chan? That cat is suspicious! You don't know whether he can be trusted." she whispered. 

Aqua: "It's fine, Ruby. He's been Ren for long period of time. And I know that just by looking at his eyes. If what he says is true, then there's a chance we might be able to uncover the truth behind our reincarnation. Don't you wanted to know how you got reincarnated as Ai's daughter?"

Ruby: "Well... Normally I am kinda curious as to how i got reincarnated as mama's daughter. But, I'm not too concern about it. After all, I'm happy that I got to be reincarnated as her daughter so that doesn't bother me the slightest."

Ruby: "Plus I was able get to see R-- I mean papa in this life. It like we're family again you know. The feeling of being a family is something that I willing to grasp for so so long."

Ruby: "But still, the idea of being reincarnated does sparks curiosity within me and I wanted to know why."

Aqua: "I see... Glad to hear that." Aqua turns at Morgana.

Aqua: "Well there you have it. We can tell you ourselves as you tell yours. It's a deal."

Morgana: "Great to hear."

Aqua: "But I have two conditions."

Morgana: "Conditions? What would that be?"

Aqua: "Well, first as you mentioned earlier, the secret that we tell you should not be known by anyone else. So, someone like Ren or Ai, they didn't need to know until we tell them ourselves when the time was right."

Aqua: "Right, Ruby?" he said to Ruby.

Ruby: "Right!" he turns back at Morgana.

Aqua: "And second, while we telling ourselves, we can't give away our real names or our secret identities to you."

Morgana: "And why is that?"

Aqua: "Well it uhh..." He tries to think some excuse to made up but Ruby continues.

Ruby: "It a private matter. Sometimes, our identities involved with family members in real life and we didn't want to give ourselves away to someone we don't know. Right, onii-chan?" Aqua nodded.

Aqua: "Right, plus it wouldn't be wise for us to tell you unless we see for ourselves whether you can be fully trusted. And that about it."

Morgana: "I see. Makes sense since this is your first time talking to me. So, it wasn't natural for us to trust each other immediately."

Aqua: "Yeah. And what about you? Don't you have your own conditions as well?" Morgana shook his head.

Morgana: "Nah even if i tell you my conditions, I doubt anyone except Ren and the rest of my friends would understand my story. It not easy for anyone to believe."

Aqua: "I guess you got a point there. Ok, deal accepted. Nice to meet you, Morgana."

Morgana: "Yeah, same here. And you too Ruby."

Ruby: "S-Sure."

Aqua: "Sorry, she's not getting to used someone who was not human especially you Morgana."

Morgana: "It understandable. As the matter of fact, I do wish that I want to become human too so I can be what humans do in real life."

Aqua: "Well, you'll definitely become one eventually. Maybe in the future, where you'll get to experience to become one soon."

Morgana: "Yeah, some day I will."

As they made a deal, they share their stories based on who they are. Morgana tells them about who he is and how he was created to serve as humanity's last hope. He also tells them about Yaldabaoth, the false god.  At first, Aqua and Ruby find it hard to believe about his story but somehow manage to follow along.

But then...

Aqua: "He's a phantom thief!? Are you serious?" Aqua shocked to hear that Ren was a phantom thief. Ruby on the other hand was confused about it.

Morgana: "We formed a group known as the phantom thieves of heart 2 years ago. And our purpose is to change the hearts of criminals who jeopardizes the society on public."

Ruby: "Phantom thieves of heart? Were they real?" Morgana nodded.

Morgana: "Yes, Ruby. They were. Have you guys heard about them back in your previous life?" Ruby shook her head.

Ruby: "This is my first time I heard about it. I remembered I watch the show named "Lupin The Third" i think."

Aqua: "You must been watching shows that were categorized in phantom thieves genre." he said to Ruby.

Morgana: "Anything else? Like any abnormality or rumors or something?" Ruby shook her head again.

Ruby: "Nope. Nothing."

Morgana: "Hmm... it appears in your case, the phantom thieves weren't present at that time. So it is likely that you won't heard anything from there." he turns at Aqua.

Morgana: "What about you, Aqua? Have you heard anything about the phantom thieves that time?"

Aqua: "Well, sorta. Back in previous life, I used to heard a lot of rumors when it comes to phantom thieves. Mostly revolves around changing people's heart."

Aqua: "What's more I also heard that they caught their leader and they confirm his death at that time saying that he was committing suicide. But turns out he was alive due to him faking his own death."

Aqua: "And also they declare that the politician named Shido Masayoshi was the one who framed the phantom thieves for all of the mental shutdown. Was that all true, Morgana?"

Morgana: "I'm surprised you remember all that well even after you reincarnated. Seems like you came where the phantom thieves were present that time. Well, I hate to break it to ya, but it all true. What you say is exactly what happened back then." Aqua surprised by Morgana's statement.

Aqua: "Seriously!?" Morgana nodded.

Morgana: "And about the leader that you mentioned? Guess who might be?" Aqua trying to process from what Morgana was saying. But then his mind clicked in realization.

Aqua: "It can't be..." he said as Ruby stares at Aqua in confusion.

Morgana: "That's right. The leader of the phantom thieves is none other than your stepfather, Ren Amamiya." him revealing that Ren is the leader of the phantom thieves surprises both Aqua and Ruby. Mostly Aqua.

Ruby: "Papa is the leader of the phantom thieves?! No way!" she yelled.

Aqua: "I couldn't believe it either."

Morgana: "Also I would like to point out that the statement regarding him committing suicide was not true. He almost got killed by someone under Shido's orders. Thus making up the scene just to eliminate the leader in the process."

Ruby: "Wait! Are you saying that Papa almost got killed?" she said with terrified expression. Morgana nodded again in response.

Aqua: "Who was it? Who was the culprit that almost killed Ren?" he said as he was eager to know.

Morgana: "Someone who used to be Ren's friend but became a traitor to the phantom thieves. His name is Goro Akechi, the son of Shido Masayoshi."

Aqua and Ruby: "Son!?" they yelled in union.

Aqua: "I-I didn't know that Shido had a son! That's big news!"

Morgana: "Yes except he was nothing but a pawn to him. He's also the one who tried to kill Ren and created the scene just to make it look like that Ren killed himself."

Ruby: "Why would he do that to his own friend? That was so not fair!"

Aqua: "Also, what do you mean that he was like a pawn to him?"

Morgana: "To give you some of the backstory, Akechi was trying to take revenge on Shido for ruining his livelihood. From what I know, Akechi's mother and Shido were used to be a couple back then. But, Akechi's mother was a mistress to Shido and thus they weren't married. And by the time when Shido finds out about her pregnancy, he immediately abandons her leaving her raising Akechi on her own." Aqua and Ruby frown when hearing Akechi's backstory.

Ruby: "That was so sad. It sounds almost similar to our Mama where she was intending to raise us on her own. Our real papa left us too."

Aqua: "Well good thing that Ren was with us. I wouldn't imagine if Ai have to raise us alone without a father figure to guide us."

Morgana: "Yes. But unlike Ai, Akechi's mother wasn't fortunate as no one wants to raise Akechi but herself. And you're right Ruby, it was sad when I think about it." He continues his story.

Morgana: "By the time when Akechi was born in this world, her mother eventually abandoned him as well by committed suicide to herself." Hearing Akechi's mother committed shocked both Aqua and Ruby.

Ruby: "She committed suicide? Why?"

Morgana: "I have no idea. But I'm guessing that raising Akechi while working part time alone proven to be too much for her to handle especially for a single mother. At least that's what I thought."

Aqua: "..." He said nothing after hearing his story.

Ruby: "So what happened to Akechi when his mother died?"

Morgana: "Well from what he said, he was orphaned by that time of his mother's death and he passed around by relatives who took no interest in him."

Morgana: "He resented Shido for what he had done but Shido was a high-ranking officer back then so there's nothing he could do."

Aqua: "If he resented Shido, then why on earth would he work with him? That doesn't make any sense!"

Morgana: "Like I said, Akechi was trying to take revenge on Shido. And to do that he needs to gain Shido's trust for his revenge plan."

Aqua: "And how would he do that?" he asks.

Morgana: "Metaverse."

Aqua and Ruby: "Metaverse?" they said.

Aqua: "Can you explain what that is?"

Morgana: "Uhmm... I don't know how to explain but It goes like this..." he said as he begins to explain what metaverse is. He also explained about palaces and also the power called "Personas".

(A/N: "I could put some explanation about metaverse here but it gonna drag out way too long so I'm not gonna bother.")

(After Morgana's long ass explanation about the metaverse)

Aqua: "I see..." he said while still feeling confused.

Ruby: "MMMMHHH!! It so confusing!! I don't even know what to think anymore!! My brain can't take too much information! I feel like I'm gonna explode!" she said in frustration.

Aqua: "Me too. I'm starting to get a headache from this." Morgana sighed at himself.

Morgana: "Ok. I think you guys heard me explaining metaverse long enough. Let's just assume that it was the power what Akechi grasped for."

Morgana: "Also about the mental shutdowns, let's just say Akechi plays a big role in this. By using his persona, he can caused people to go berserk and creates accidents and scandals."

Aqua: "Accidents and scandals. Is it have something to do with the train accident that came from the news?" Morgana nodded.

Morgana: "Yup that his doing alright. He straight up murdered that guy and killed the other passengers along with it."

Ruby: "How horrible! So was he a murderer then?"

Morgana: "..." Morgana tilts his head down for a few seconds and then he replies.

Morgana: "Yes... he was."

Aqua: "And all of this was to gain Shido's trust. Didn't he have the audacity to think about people's life?!"

Morgana: "Well I can count more if you wanted to, but you get the gist of it."

Morgana: "And thanks to the accidents he created, he uses that as an opportunity to gain reputation for himself. He declared to the public that he's the one who solved all of those cases. Dubbing himself as the detective prince."

Aqua: "I remembered that in my previous life where the phantom thieves were well known that time, Akechi showed himself on screen saying that he was against phantom thieves for their methods of changing criminal's heart."

Morgana: "Yup, that's Akechi alright. The sneaky bastard who convinces entire public to go against the phantom thieves. Even myself hated his guts a lot."

Ruby: "But there's another thing. You're saying that Akechi was supposed to be papa's friend wasn't he? Why would he betrayed papa like that?"

Morgana: "That's where the next part comes in. Knowing that Ren was the leader of the phantom thieves, Akechi approached Ren as the means to gained his trust wanting him to lower his guard so he can proceed his plan without the phantom thieves to interfere."

Ruby: "But didn't the phantom thieves hated Shido too? Why can't Akechi worked together with them?"

Morgana: "I'm afraid that's not easy, Ruby. Knowing Akechi's livelihood and his behavior, it was clear that he trusted no one but himself as his main focus was to take revenge on Shido. His mind was so wrapped up to the point that he doesn't need teammates or friends to aid him. So much so that he just had to work alone."

Ruby: "Oh..." Ruby frowned when she heard Morgana's statement about Akechi. Aqua stares at Ruby with worry.

Morgana: "Needless to say, I don't think Akechi's friendship with Ren was meaningless. If anything he was actually enjoyed with Ren's company."

Morgana: "Before he betrayed Ren, Akechi used to hang out with him countless times before. He seemed to open up with Ren a little as both Ren and Akechi were similar to each other."

Aqua: "What do you mean they're similar?"

Morgana: "Well I wouldn't say they were since they had some differences. What I'm saying is that both Akechi and Ren were treated harshly by some rotten adults who thrashed the society. I'm pretty sure you guys had one that caused a bad influence in your previous life, right?"

Aqua and Ruby : "..." They didn't said anything as what Morgana saying is true. For Ruby, her parents treated her harshly as they put her in charge to take care of everything in their house as well as her siblings during her life as Sarina Tendouji. But doing so would cost at her freedom. As a result, she grew despise at her parents for what they had done to her. For Aqua, well... almost every adult he saw who threatened people were rotten to the core most notably Shido. The person he despise the most for ruining Ren's life and future. Morgana continues.

Morgana: "Despite what Akechi had done especially for Ren and the victims that he killed, I can't exactly say that I blamed him." Aqua and Ruby stares at Morgana confusedly.

Morgana: "I mean don't get me wrong, it not like I forgave him for all of the lives he took. But I can sympathize him as to why he did that. He was a victim to Shido after all."

Aqua: "Did he... used to team up with the phantom thieves before?" Morgana nodded.

Morgana: "Yes, twice. One of which is to team up just to get Ren captured by the police while the other well something else."

Ruby: "Something else?" Morgana shook his head.

Morgana: "It's not important right now."

Morgana: "Back to the topic at hand, after Ren got captured by the police, Akechi was tasked by Shido to kill him and you probably know the rest. Killing him, made up the scene and brought up the reputation for himself and Shido."

Aqua: "But you said that Ren almost got killed right? How would he do that?"

Ruby: "Yeah and how would the phantom thieves know that Akechi was about to kill papa?" Morgana scoffed.

Morgana: "It's simple. He left some hints to identify. One word that would cost him everything. And I already know what that was."

Aqua: "Really? What would that be?"

Ruby: "Yeah! Tell us!"

Morgana: "The answer to that is..." he said as Aqua and Ruby stare at him with full of eagerness, wanting to know his answer.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Spoiler Alert)

.

.

.

.

.

.

Morgana: "Pancakes." Aqua and Ruby falls when they heard Morgana mentions pancakes.

Aqua: "Pancakes? Are you serious?" Morgana nodded.

Morgana: "That's exactly what he said."

Ruby: "How does that make any sense?"

Morgana: "Well, there was one time where me, Ren and the rest of my friends went to the tv station for some tour, I simply asked my team about the delicious pancakes that happened in the amusement park. And then there's Akechi, who just came by and said the similar thing like I did."

Morgana: "That alone was enough for me to suspect that Akechi must have gone to the palace before. Even Ren noticed as well."

Morgana: "And thanks to his slip up, we phantom thieves decided to make a plan as to how do we outsmart Akechi. But most importantly, how do we prevent Ren, our leader die."

Morgana: "The plan worked as intended but risky at the same time. One wrong step and it'll be all over." Aqua and Ruby became speechless when listening Morgana's statement about his plan.

Aqua: "I-I don't know what to say but to me that sounds crazy."

Ruby on the other hand...

Ruby: "That sounds so cool!! To think that the phantom thieves helped papa escaped death! I couldn't hold my giddiness!!!" Aqua and Morgana stares at Ruby awkwardly.

Morgana: "I'm... flattered to hear that."

Aqua: "And I thought you were a huge fan of Ai a while ago!" he thought to himself.

Morgana: "After Ren survives, we discovered that Akechi was joined forces with Shido who was the one that started the whole mess. What worse, he was about to be elected as the next prime minister in Japan."

Ruby: "Is it that bad?"

Morgana: "Very bad. Shido was trying to take over the country once he elected. And once he do so, he was going to reestablish Japan using his ill ideals and agenda."

Aqua: "That gonna be problematic if that happens."

Morgana: "It does. Everything he did, every crime that he committed, were all just used to make him stand above all. He doesn't value human life, he only used them and disposed them for his own selfish deeds. That's what Shido claimed to be." hearing Morgana's statement about Shido causes Aqua and Ruby fuming in anger.

Morgana: "But in the end, Shido was nothing but history as we phantom thieves have finally shut him down for good. He got arrested for all of the crimes he committed so he's pretty much sentenced in jail just as the news said." Aqua and Ruby sighed in relief.

Morgana: "Although, I can't say the same for Akechi since he's the one that helped us at the very last minute."

Ruby: "What happened to him, Morgana?" Morgana tilts his head down when he heard Ruby's question.

Morgana: "He... died for protecting us." Aqua and Ruby's eyes widen when Morgana mentions Akechi's death.

Morgana: "Back in Shido's palace, Akechi's there as he was trying to stop our tracks for changing Shido's heart claiming that he'll be the one to take revenge on Shido by himself. And as you may guess, we managed to pinned him down as well. It was a tough fight but we somehow won."

Morgana: "Akechi admits his defeat saying that he couldn't be any special. But I don't think that the case. To me, he exceeded almost everything including his image, his reputation, his skills etc. But one thing that he lacked was that he trusted no one but himself. And that what got him to lose the battle."

Morgana: "However, as soon as we asked Akechi to join us in order to stop Shido, the cognitive version of Akechi or should I say the puppet that Shido creates appeared as he was about to kill Akechi along with the phantom thieves. Akechi on the other hand protected us as he tries to block his path. But in doing so would cost his life. And as a result, he died by the hands of Shido's puppet." Aqua and Ruby tilt their heads down when he heard about Akechi's death.

Ruby: "It so horrible... to think that Akechi was..." she said as her sad expression formed. She seems to relate what Akechi have gone through. She thinks that Akechi kinda have similar scenario like she did especially how her parents mistreated her and treats her like pawn. The same case with Akechi and Shido as well. Shido uses Akechi as a pawn for his selfish deeds.

Aqua: "..." Aqua on the other hand. While he can't forgive Akechi for what he had done especially for trying to kill Ren, but the thought that Shido treated Akechi's family like trash is something that he can't tolerate. Thus, giving him a reason to hate Shido even more.

Morgana: "So there you have it, that the story. I gotta admit. Without those two around that caused all of this, I wouldn't even be here especially with my friends including Ren."

Morgana: "Meeting with them has been a blessing for me in my entire life. They taught me how to be myself. How I wanted to find a place to be fit in. A reason why I wanted to stay with the phantom thieves. And thanks to them, I finally found one. A home where I belong." Aqua and Ruby smiled by Morgana's speech.

Aqua: "I gotta say, Morgana. You been through a lot by the time you cooperated with Ren and the phantom thieves. Your story speaks for yourself. It was wild to hear."

Ruby: "Yeah. It like you grew accustomed to them by the time you came to this world."

Morgana: "So I'm guessing you guys believed my story, then?"

Aqua: "I guess so. But there's one more thing."

Aqua: "You're saying that Akechi has access to the metaverse. I am guessing he's given by this fake god you mentioned earlier." Morgana nodded.

Morgana: "Yes. It's called the wild card. It a unique power that can only be used by the chosen warriors who can decide the fate of the world. One that brings ruins while the other is to prevent it."

Aqua: "I'm assuming that the wild card that Akechi gets was to bring ruins. Then, the one to prevent the ruins was..."

Morgana: "You guessed it."

Morgana: "Unlike Akechi who was given by Yaldabaoth, Ren on the other hand was given by my master, Igor."

Aqua: "Your master? You mean the one who created you?" Morgana nodded again.

Ruby: "Why does your master and that fake god do that?"

Morgana: "It uh... complicated. I can't explain much but I'll try to keep it short just to make sure you both understand."

Morgana: "Basically Igor and Yaldabaoth were talking about humanity per se. Yaldabaoth saying that the humanity aren't thinking by themselves without someone to guide them while my master on the other hand wants to believe in humanity that they can accomplish things on their own."

Morgana: "And so both formed a disagreement to each other and decided to form a game. A game that would decide the fate of the world. And that how everything started. The phantom thieves, metaverse, Akechi, Shido, as well as everyone else on this planet were all caused by them. Well, Yaldabaoth mostly."

Ruby: "That sounds so unbelievable. I don't know if I'm able to process any of this."

Aqua: "And I thought it already weird for us to get reincarnated as Ai's children but this is on a whole new level."

Morgana: "I know it sounds bizarre but that what really happened back in 2 years ago. Everything goes back to normal after that."

Aqua: "I want to ask. When you said that Ren able to communicate with you after you met him in the metaverse, do you think Ai have been enter one before?" Ruby's eyes widen when she heard Aqua's question.

Ruby: "I was wondering the same thing! When we're born, we somehow able to talk to you, Morgana."

Morgana: "If she were, she could at least understand what I'm talking here rather than a bunch of meowing sounds. I don't know about you guys, but I doubt your reincarnation have anything to do with the metaverse so that out of the question."

Aqua: "I see..."

Morgana: "Sorry, I wish I could understand more about your reincarnation and who casted it on both of you. Only time will tell."

Morgana: "Anyway, I already done my part. Now it's you guys turn. How on earth did you both got reincarnated? Who's gonna volunteer?" Ruby raises her hand.

Ruby: "Me! Me! I'll go!"

Morgana: "Go ahead, Ruby."

Ruby: "Ok, the reason how I died is..."

Aqua and Ruby begin to tell their stories on what they are and how they died to the point they reincarnated as Ai's children. For Ruby, she just straight to the point. She tells her story based on her illness and her previous life as Tendoji Sarina. Of course, she won't tell her real name nor saying which hospital she lived in but her story is close enough to the point that she's genuine. Morgana heard a similar story before but he understands enough. 

For Aqua's story however, he tells them about how he works as a doctor to save people's lives which reminds Morgana about Gorou aka Aqua's previous life. Of course, Aqua changes his story a little in order to not make it too similar like his death as Gorou. He still doesn't want to expose himself until when the time is right. He mentioned that the reason why he died is because he committed suicide when he heard about Ai's hiatus. Obviously Morgana doesn't buy that, but he just went along in order to get Aqua's trust. 

(Flashback ends)

After Morgana having flashbacks, he saw Aqua and Ruby laying on the ground as they fall asleep.

Morgana: "Already? Well, I guess you guys have your fun after watching her performance." he thought to himself. He look up to see Miyako who still sleeping. Morgana sighed as he needs to make them comfortable.

Morgana carries Aqua and Ruby as he drag them close to each other. He carries a blanket and use it to cover their bodies. He turns off the tv since they are not watching anymore. He walked over and sleeps next to Ruby.

Morgana: "Good night. You otakus." he said as he went back to sleep. But not until sleeping Ruby raises her arms and drag Morgana closer. Morgana yelped when he saw Ruby brings him closer. He shrugged and goes back to sleep.

End of chapter 1.5

I know, I know. It a lot but I had to. Last week I just finished like a dragon gaiden that time so that why I was updating so slow. But rest assured, chapter 2 is coming soon probably by this week. I got some ideas cooked up and I'm about to do it immediately. Leave down the comments for more ideas and need some ways to improve my story and writing. 

Also I heard that there is a new season for oshi no ko coming soon and I'm up for it. See you guys soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 673 13
◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢ ╰┈➤ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟʟʏ ᴏʙʟɪᴠɪᴏᴜs ᴛᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴡᴇʙs. 🕸🕸️🕷・゜゜・. ◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥ 2͟0͟2͟3͟ ╰┈...
200K 2.9K 55
(EDITING) Sage is seen as a rebellious, mischievous, Bad girl, She got expelled from her old school and sent to a new one where she meets herself in...
10.1M 50.7K 29
What happens when an arrogant hockey star falls for an honor student that only wants to stay away from trouble? On the ice, Caleb Dawson is unstoppab...