T o u g h L o v e

By CrayolaKiller

• They were nothing alike and yet had everything in common. He saved her and she saved him. They saved each o... More

1 : Food fight
A/N - The Character Descripton
2: Wreckers
3: A run in over rum
4: { Coles POV }
5: Gracie
6: The Knight in the not so shinning armor
7: In which her ego is beaten to a pulp
8: Guns and rose colored underwear
9: The abducion of a chicken { Derek's POV }
10: Sugar and Spice and all things nice
11: In which she puts on a show for the supermarket Security Guards
12: In which she tries to return to sender
13: When you play with fire
{ Dereks POV } 14: in which he unwillingly stops threatning the hospital staff
15: In which she plays a game
16: in which she quotes Fat Amy
17: bullets and bruises
21: in which its a black tie event
18: in which shes started a war ... of sorts
19: in which hes made a promise. A pinky promise
22: In which their considering eloping
23: in which hes extatic
20: in which she takes a walk down memory lane
T o u g h L o v e One Shot

24: In which a chapter is closed { Dereks POV }

7K 199 5
By CrayolaKiller

Derek's POV

A baby. A real human being that was going to be half mine. Wow.

" Caro , go I'll be fine." Mia persisted , motioning for me to go on to my meeting. I didn't think I could , not knowing she was going to be working herself to the bone , refusing to stop.

I should have known that Mia wasn't the type of girl to just sit around all day like a good little housewife. I think it's better that she's got some fire , it simply makes it harder to argue with her. She's as stubborn as they come.
Markos idea of a pre-nup could go straight to hell. I was never letting Mia Valentine Cavelli slip through my fingers.

***

I didn't even know the baby yet and I had already went on a warpath of security.
Nobody was getting through that door. I would be damned if someone hurt my family.

" You're sure your okay ?" I asked , being the independent person she was there wasn't the slightest doubt in my mind that Mia was going to do exactly what she wanted , disregarding all safety. It was one of the hazards of falling in love with a free spirit.

" For the last time , yes." She stressed , the underlined irritation didn't go unnoticed.

" I'm pregnant. I haven't broken both my legs."
Even with the heavy sarcasm i found myself grinning , she was the only woman who had ever stood up to me. Mia had a backbone.

How the fuck was I supposed to intimidate people when all I can think about is Mia ? The dopey love look on my face wasn't going to help my seal any deals.

" Problems with the missus ?" Marco asked , walking out of the dark corner , approaching me quickly.

" Mind your own business." I snapped.

He simply grinned ,
" Unfortunately mi fratello , I can't mind my own business." Sitting opposite of me , taking a drink of his beer before asking what I knew he had been dying to since he moment I walked in , " What are you even doing here ?

I rolled my eyes at him , " I'm checking up on the place."

He gave me a mock offended look , " You don't trust me ?"

A deadpan expression made it's way onto my face , " Not as far as I can throw you."

He smiled again , although this time it was a wry , mocking smile ,
" Your breaking my heart."

I might have felt bad if I knew that everything he said wasn't complete and utter bullshit. But then again I probably wouldn't have felt bad.

The bastard practically breathes crooked , if he wasn't so important to the business I would have had him killed years ago.

***

" Baby , what the fuck are you doing ?"

That crazy woman of mine was standing on the counter , dancing to her hearts content. If I hadn't known any better I would say she was higher than a kite , yet the rational side of my brain knew that she wouldn't do anything to hurt the baby.

" Derek ? Come on ! Join me !" She squealed , turning the music up to full blast.

What's worse is that I did join her. The things I do for that woman ...

Exhausted , we both collapsed onto the couch , me grabbing her by the waist and pulling her onto my lap.

" I know it's soon but I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow."
An excited grin worked it's way onto my face ,
" That's great baby , what time ?"

" I don't know , you wanna come with me ?"

She looked up at me through her lashes , a cute pout settling on her lips.

I kissed the top of her head , " Of course I do."

***

The little , almost unnoticeable blob had me transfixed.

The picture was blurry , and the doctor said it would be a while before we would get even a mildly noticeable picture.

The second the doctor printed it off for us , I knew I wasn't about to trade the picture for all the money in the world.

" Isn't he just so cute ?" I asked Mia , smiling at the blob that would be a baby. I still couldn't wrap my mind around that.

" You mean she." Mia amended , saying it as because she said the baby would be a girl , that the baby had to be a girl.

" No , I mean he. The baby is going to be a boy."

Mia threw a glare at me , " Girl." She ground out.

I smiled at her annoyance , finding it cute. She was like a rilled up kitten , just twenty times scarier.
" Boy."

I didn't even really care what sex the baby was , however I did like annoying Mia. When she was mad her chest would rise up and down , her eyes would flare and mine times out of ten we would have angry sex. The other one percent of the time I would get the silent treatment for a while.

So worth it.

It had occurred to me more man once that me and Mia were never going to get the happily ever after , it wasn't in either of our veins. We just weren't made to be the prince and princess couple. We were going to be the couple that had more cuts and scrapes than a professional wrestler. The ones that would very well die for the other. And we were going to be the ones who made our Un- fairytale work out. Because what exactly is the point in living if you can't be with the person you love ?

•¥• FINISHED •¥•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242 15 7
High school's finally over, and for Andy, that means he gets to finally visit Sicily! The land of good food, art, and one too many families associate...
1.7M 63.8K 54
Sequel of His girl Damien Russo, his name makes people scared. Almost everyone knows him either for being a successful billionaire or for being the p...
57.5K 820 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
2.5M 70.5K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...