A Rose's Curious helper( Ruby...

By Sundial09

he's here, he's there, he's everywhere, who ya gonna call? your cat friend Y/n! ( I don't RWBY or any picture... More

prologue pt1
prologue pt2
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
(vol2) chapter 8
(vol2) chapter 9
(vol2) chapter 10
(vol2) chapter 11
(vol2) chapter 12
(vol2) chapter 13
(vol2) chapter 14
(vol2) chapter 15
(vol3) chapter 16
(vol3) chapter 17
( vol3 ) chapter 18
(vol3) chapter 19
(vol3) chapter 20
(vol3) chapter 21
(vol3) chapter 22
(vol4) chapter 23
(vol4) chapter 24
(vol4) chapter 25
(vol4) chapter 26
(vol5) chapter 27
(vol5) chapter 28
(vol5) chapter 29
(vol5) chapter 30
(vol5) chapter 31
(vol5) chapter 32
(vol5) chapter 33
(vol5) chapter 34
(vol5) chapter 35
(extra) chapter 36
( vol6) chapter 37
(vol6) chapter 38
(vol6) chapter 39
(vol6) changes 40
(vol6) chapter 41
( vol7 ) chapter 42
(vol7) chapter 43
(vol7) chapter 44
( vol7) chapter 45
(vol7) chapter 46
( vol7) chapter 47
(vol7) Chapter 48
(vol7) chapter 49
(vol7) chapter 50
(vol8) chapter 51
( vol8) chapter 52
(vol8) chapter 53
(vol8) chapter 54
(vol8) chapter 55
(vol8) chapter 56
(vol8) chapter 57
thank you. (closed)
100k ova
rewrite v9
(vol9) chapter 58
(vol9) chapter 59
(vol9) chapter 60
(vol9) chapter 62
(vol9) chapter 63
(vol9) chapter 64
experiment
the end

(vol9) chapter 61

382 16 6
By Sundial09

A/n: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Restart

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

So the stand-off began Ruby Pulled out Y/n's weapon struggling to get it to unfold, but also unintentionally putting it to gun mode. Ruby quickly pointed at Neo.

Neo only rolled her eyes and put up her hands in surrender. This surprised and confused Rwby but didn't stop Ruby from lowering the weapon.

Ruby: what are you doing here?

Neo kneeled down and started drawing in the sand with her finger.

"Parlay"

Weiss: what? Why do we truce with you?!

Blake: you're the reason why we are down here in the first place!

???: no I'm the reason why you're doing here.

Hearing the voice out from behind them was Cinder.

Cinder: except for Blondie, that was on you Neo.

Ruby didn't hesitate to shoot her, only for Cinder to shatter like glass. Only to reform next to Neo.

Cinder: a way to shoot the messenger. I can get behind that.

Ruby: how are doing thar?

Cinder: it's a very long story, one she didn't create for me to talk about.

Ruby: what do you want?

Cinder smirked and began pacing back and forth while explaining.

Cinder: since Neo got here the only thing she could think about was watching you suffer as you take your last breaths.

Ruby then cocked the rifle ready to fire the gun again.

Cinder: BUT!!! From falling to being locked in a cell waiting to get her head off, she's had a long time to think and doesn't want you dead anymore.

Weiss: fine, but that's changed the fact you worked for Salem.

Cinder: oh please, she doesn't care for her, the only reason why she did is because I told her it was how she could get closer to her revenge.

Cinder: but now thinking about I would have never given you to Neo up if my boss wanted you. In fact, this all started with me.

Blake: what are you getting at?

Cinder: you don't like me because I killed your friend...oh make that two, I also killed your, teacher. She doesn't like me because I'm responding to her boss's death.

Ruby thought about it for a second then looked at her team.

Weiss: I don't see can be trusted.

Blake: but she does have a valid point.

Yang: how you say that, since I got down here I thought she killed and now you want to work with her.

Weiss: you agreed to work with Emerald and she's the reason why you were disqualified and ended up losing your arm.

The group brought up good points but still, the decision was in Ruby's hands.

Ruby: what do you want?

Cinder: let's start with getting out of here, then me, and maybe...just maybe  Salem... it'll be hard to enjoy it if there isn't a world to enjoy. I'll even help you friend there.

Ruby looked and saw the Mad Chester who was chasing the Curious cat on all fours

Cinder: from standing you got a bargain.

Ruby thought about it and sighed lowering the weapon.

Ruby: want to shake on it?

Cinder: I'll do you one better, shoot me!

Ruby did so and once again Cinder shattered apart gaining applause from Neo.

Weiss: I'm glad that's all sorted out, but that doesn't subtract from the fact that we are still tiny and our only two guides are fighting each other!

Blake: what do we do the Curious cat knows how to get to the tree but also we can't just leave because he doesn't like him.

Curious Cat and Mad Chester stopped chasing each other and just hissed at each other

Ruby: Mad Chester, Curious cat?

The two cats currently hissing at each other stop bickering in the cat language and look at Ruby.

Ruby: could put that aside and help us to the tree?

The Mad Chester got up and dusted off his knees. Then pouted before turning away from the cat.

Chester: no I refuse!

Curious cat: what reason would I have to stay with someone who does not like it for no reason?

Chester: my reason for not liking you is reason enough!

Blake: that is?

Chester: look at 'em they neither see stripes nor spots!

Weiss: again with the stripes or spots what does even mean!?

Ruby: could you put it behind you, until you get to the tree, and then you'll never have to see each other again?

The Mad Chester looked at the Curious cat and then back at Ms.Rose who sighed.

Chester: fine, but I'm not going to enjoy it.

Curious cat: I'll play along for now, oh how fun this will be.

So with two new additions to that party, the long stretch to the tree had begun.

Chester: hey Ms.Rose.

Ruby turned and saw The Mad Chester holding Penny's blade.

Ruby: how did you...

Chester: the good magicians have your secrets...I think it would be better to bring this along back to your world, she deserves that much...

However, with the addition of the curious cat a great many questions followed needing answers.

Curious cat: wait...what was my question again?

I had gotten to the point that Mad Chester pulled off his ears and placed them in his coat pocket smiling with relief. Neo just looked in confusion while walking along.

Curious: of would you look at that, the edge of the gardens acre.

Ahead of them was a beautiful blue forest with a Starry Night above it.

Yang: this entire world is put together like a bunch of mixed-up puzzle pieces, how does anyone make sense of this?

Curious Cat: is made specifically for its inhabitants and their roles, is it not like that on Remnant?

Yang: no?

Curious cat: how strange, it never even occurred to me to ask that before.

Weiss: I have a question I'd like to ask, how much longer until we're back to regular size?

Curious: not longer at all the garden is sure to have all the ingredients for a lovely Growth parfait.

Chester: or you could just eat one side of a Changeshroom?

Chester says this looking smug at the curious cat. Continuing from through the lovely forest of phosphorescent fungi.  The Mad Chester was on the lookout for a Changeshroom while The curious cat continued his spiel.

Curious cat: lovely as the forest is be sure not to talk to anyone without me, if you're not careful-

Blake: we'd get our heads cut off?

Chester: psh as if I'd let that happen.

Curious cat: be that as it may, if I were you I'd be more concerned about this witch person...what was her name, Salami, Selica?

Weiss: Salem.

Curious cat: that's the one, how many more Relics does she need to end the world again? How are you even supposed to stop her? now that Atlas is gone?

The cat continued to walk forward but Rwby stopped causing the Mad Chester to stop. Neo but into the Mad Chester due to this abrupt stop. Ruby looked a little saddened by what the curious cat had said.

Chester: you ok?

Ruby:... how are we supposed to stop her...

Brought down the group. Chester placed a hand on Ruby's shoulder but this didn't seem to help. Neo who was turned away from the group as if not caring had noticed something up ahead.

Chester: hey where are you going?

Neo turned to the group and pointed forward its she had found something interesting.

Yang: she might be leading us into a trap.

Neo heard that and frowned in annoyance pointing at her own hand.

Chester: technology didn't you shoot someone on it?

Neo then pointed to the Mad Chester while looking at Rwby.

Ruby: you do have a point.

Neo looked smugly at Yang as the group followed her to a giant mushroom.

Ruby: is that a Changeshroom?

Blake: it certainly looks like one if I have to guess.

Yang: but where is the humming coming from?

Chester: mmh...no but close there are usually a lot smaller, but good try Neo, you definitely see spots.

Hearing this Neo bowed, but out from a pile of leaves a large insectoid flew out. Causing everyone to scream...except Neo.

Bug: what are you?

Neo who couldn't answer just looked in shock until Ruby spoke instead.

Ruby: you know I'm getting really sick of that question.

Bug: what question?

Yang: you ask "What are we"?

Herbalist: oh that question? I am an Herbalist, the Herbalist, I am...until I am no longer.

Yang: oh good, well all questions answered then.

Ruby: um sorry to bother but uh, my friends and her* pointing to Neo*. You see we are trying to get to that giant tree but-

Herbalist: getting to the tree? Ah yes...everyone needs help these days.

The Herbalist flew over and opened the mushroom. Rwby, the Mad Chester, and Neo hesitantly entered, and the door disappeared behind them.

Herbalist: I must say all seem a bit hesitant... what did you say you were again?

Ruby: we're Huntresses, that's the Mad Chester, and she's...a crook?

Neo frowned at the accusation and shrugged her shoulders seeming to agree.

Herbalist: what exactly do the things do?

Ruby: fight monsters I guess...why does this matter?

Herbalist: I don't understand how you don't understand. I am a Herbalist I make medicines and remedies to help others on their journey, It is what I am... do know what a Huntress is or do you guess?

Blake: Huntresses are heroes, we protect those who can't protect themselves.

Chester: that sounds a lot similar to something that I do.

Neo not speaking simply took something off a shelf and placed it in a pocket as a demonstration.

Herbalist: thank you. Now would you see that you are good Huntresses, crooks, and Chesters?

Yang: look can you help us or not?

Herbalist: * frustrated * I am trying! However, you are making this far more complicated than it needs to be. We all have our titles and our roles to play, but in order to help you become whatever it is you need to become, should really have a better understanding of what you are now!

Weiss: ok? How do weapons mushroom doors?

Herbalist: this is exactly why Kings ended up a Prince.

The Herbalist Jestured them to follow him into a room with pillows and fire.

Herbalist: please do have a seat.

Blake: actually I think we should be going right Ruby?

Herbalist: don't worry this will not take long.

Ruby tried to turn around but the door behind them closed, the Herbalist blew smoke in their faces transporting them to a world of mist.

Chester: Ms.Rose, Belladonna, Schnee, Xiaolong, Neo?

The mad Chester then turned around and saw someone in front of him very familiar it was so very unfamiliar.

Chester: you? From the vision.

The figure only tilted his head and smiled.

???: don't you mean you?

This confused Mad Chester as this was something he didn't remember.

Chester: but I am me? I couldn't have been the one in the vision, how could I be I don't remember doing any of that.

???: but you did, we did. We are the same you and I, but I would like to be you...

Chester: what are you saying?

Before we could get an answer the screen changed to Neo but with only brown hair, who looked at Herself without saying any words.

Neo2: * stares jugglingly*

Neo: * stares inquisitively *

Neo 2 then offered her hand a Neo was about to take it before yanking her hand away and shaking her head.

Before anything else could happen the curious cat stepped in dispelling the smoke.

Curious cat: get away from them!?

The herbalist coughed up a lot of smoke before holding his head in pain.

Curious cat: oh Herb look at yourself... you're done... you're supposed to be helping others find their way, but you've lost your own. Please let me help.

The curious cat gave a bit of himself to the herbalist and with an apology he was swallowed by the ground beneath him. Waking up from his long nap little saw the cat.

Little: oh I found the cat!

A/n: you know I might be able to squeeze five in here.

**** Timeskip brought to you by Chibi curious cat and the Mad Chester hissing at each other ****

With the help of The Mad Chester, the group appeared a far way from the Herbalist's house.

Curious cat: I'm glad you all haven't changed, not always the case in the Everafter.

Weiss: wha- you're the one who ditched us in the first place, which by the way how we ended up in the mushroom house to begin with! You know delirious caterpillar guy tried to drug us and then was swallowed up by a fucking hole in the ground.

Chester: ms. Schnee, language!

Curious cat:  ah yes Alex, also had a similar reaction when she saw someone return to the Everafter, but it's not how it seems, we'll I suppose it is, but not the way you think unless you think like Alex.

The group looked confused except the Mad Chester who looked like he had seen a ghost.

Curious cat: ah we are here!

Everyone followed the curious cat to a star-filled lake in the middle was a lotus with many layers with many shops.

Chester: the garden...

The group got on to a large lotus leaf and floated to the garden but a great deal of questions were still unanswered.

Yang: so cat, you going to explain to us how a giant caterpillar disappearing into the hole isn't how it seems?

Curious: when we break, wear out, or simply finish our purpose we get called back to the tree, but Herb's heart was too weak to listen, so I gave him a little bit of mine.

Blake: is he dead?

Curious cat: oh, no, no, no~ well maybe a little bit, but not at all.

Yang: ugh which is it!?

Curious cat: now that Herb is properly returned, he'll be fixed up nice and made into the herb he wanted to be when he was still herb. Then he'll come back and find his purpose. It could be the same as before or something completely different.

Ruby: When Herb comes back will he remember anything?

This may be the curious cat chuckle and roll over towards them.

Curious cat: what would be the point of that?

This made everyone look over to the Mad Chester who was turned away from them.

Weiss: Ruby, you don't think...

The Mad Chester looked at his reflection, the Mad Chester, odd, and weird guide through the Everafter. Couldn't recognize himself, taking a scoop of the water, and putting it in his face. After a few seconds, he moved his face and saw the make on his face was now in his hand, it now forming a frown before it merged into a mess of paint.

Ruby: Mad Chester?

Chester turned to everyone, but Rwby and Neo didn't see him. Before anyone could say anything the leaf landed on the garden. The Mad Chester got off and walked off.

Blake: so what happened to Herb that's what happened to the Mad Chester?

Curious cat: oh him? He just appeared out of nowhere taking people like you to the Tree ever since, you know he reminds me of someone here a while ago, he wasn't all there either.

Ruby: wait do you mean...Y/n.

Curious cat: that's the name? I haven't heard it in such a while or a little while depending on your perspective that is. Was he one of your friends?

Ruby: yeah you could say that... why doesn't he remember us?

Curious cat: maybe because you he went to the tree?

Ruby: no...could we have...done something?

The group remembers things that had happened prior to their fall not all great. Neo also remembered what she had done, and for some reason felt guilty.

Blakes: if that's the case then why is helping us?

Curious cat: while the Mad Chester may not remember, the heart very rarely forgets.

Blake: but there wasn't anything and ascension in the book-

Curious cat: of course not! Expansion is terribly boring. Even this conversation as a whole was rather tedious.

Blake: I wonder what else Alex left out.

Curious cat let's focus on getting you back to size. Now to make a growth parfait, one needs a poison  grumpy ivy, one size spicy potato, the lint off a griffin good  sweater, and

Ruby: is it too late to go find Changeshroom? I'll never find all that.

Curious: you needn't concern yourself, I can't retrieve those, but there are two ingredients that can only be found at the third and fifth levels the nose hair leprechaun, and a cherry to go on top. The two you can get those I'm sure?

Ruby: sure...I guess so.

Neo: * nodded *

Curious: wonderful, the teapot lady should have the leprechaun hair, while the mock turtle has the cherry freshly picked from the candy acre.

A/n: who else was disappointed that they didn't go to Candy are?

Curious cat: now off you go~

Curious without taking a few steps got distracted so, Wby went with them to keep the cat from trailing off. Neo, went to go get the cherry, leaving Ruby and Little with the nose hair.

A/n: I'm sorry this is just too good! But ignore the fact Ruby has the sword in this.

Neo was looking around for the cherry but while looking, she saw her parasol Hush. She went to grab it, but an angry shopkeeper yelled at her, unable to pay the shopkeeper kept yelling, reminding her of her childhood scolding from her childhood. Until someone came up and placed something on the table. Neo looked and saw Roman holding a golden pocket watch.

Chester: will this suffice?

The shopkeeper looked at the shiny watch and gave a Hush to Neo, she looked at Mad Chester who was grinning.

Chester: which ingredient are you on?

Neo looked and shattered forming a red-haired best Boi.

Roman: a cherry.

The Mad Chester said nothing eyeing the man top to bottom.

Chester: his shoe's untied.

**** back with Rwby ****

Ruby now joined with the rest of the group and found the teapot lady selling the leprechaun hair, but suddenly there was an abrupt sound of screaming, Mad Chester and Neo appeared behind them.

Chester: what's going on, are you guys okay?

Ruby: give me the cherry quickly!

Neo handed her the cherry but saw the teacup lady was sucking the leprechaun's hair.

Ruby: no, please! We need those nose hairs.

Teacup: no time!

Ruby thought quite then took off her emblem and presented it to the teacup lady.

Ruby: here, I'll give you this, it carries a mother's promise.

Interested the teacup lady took the emblem and gave them the nose hair then ran off.

Curious: this is exceedingly bad?

Blake: what's a Jabbawalker?

Chester: there beast that lives underside of the Everafter, if they eat you there's no ascending, final death. I'll Hold it off and make the parfait.

The Mad Chester pulled out the White Rabbit from his hat before running to fight the Jabbawalker, while Neo followed with her Hush.

Yang: how do we make the parfait thing!?

Curious cat: quickly put everything in here!

Ruby quickly started pouring the ingredients into the jar of leprechaun nose hair and it magically turned into much more advertising looking perfect. Wby ran to eat the parfait but they barely grew a few inches.

Blake: it wasn't enough!

The group turned and saw Chester and Neo struggle to kill the Jabbawalker, but another one ran at them.

Yang: there are more of these things?!

Curious cat: they must have tracking you, they're mostly attracted to the things that shouldn't be here.

Ruby used her semblance to get away but was knocked out of the air by its tail. The parfait fell on the Jabbawalker and it grew in size. It began to chase Rwby but a dodo bird flew at it.

Ruby: what's he doing here?

Curious cat: I gave him something too new to do for the moment now go friend needs to get bigger before we're Jabbawalker dinner.

Ruby ran for the remnants of the parfait( unintentional alliteration), another Jabbawalker was in the way.

Suddenly a large white rabbit with antlers ran at it and kicked the Jabbawalker.

Blake: it's the rusted knight!

Ruby put her friends down to eat what was left of the parfait and they grew back to normal.

Yang: finally!

The group went to attack the larger Jabbawalker. Weiss used her Glyphs to hold it down, while Blake used her Gamble Shroud to grab its tail, and Yang finished it off. More appeared and began destroying stuff.

Rusted knight: there to many we have to go now! Run

The group followed the rusted knight up the layers, Weiss went to get Ruby who was struggling to use Y/n's weapon.

Weiss: Ruby, we have to go!

Chester: go! We'll hold them off.

With the help of Neo Weiss was able to pull Ruby off the group and up the layers, while the curious cat, the Mad Chester, and the Dodo fought the Jabbawalkers.

On top of the lotus the Rusted knight led them in, the group looked down and saw Chester help with the evacuation. Weiss saw the teapot lady sobbing over broken plates disheartening Weiss, then was led away by Ruby.

Weiss: I am so tired of leaving places in ashes.

Inside the lotus, the rusted knight let out a sigh of relief.

Blake: I can't believe it's the rusted knight in person!

The rusted knight patted his white rabbit not responding to Blake's fan-girling.

Rusted knight: you did good Juniper...team Rwby it's been a while.

The rusted knight Jaune with slight stobble on his face but all around not 40 years old.

Jaune's eyes fell on Neo's eyes filled with fury

Jaune: You!

Jaune drew his broken sword while Neo backed away hands up. he raised his sword over his head. Before it fell he was sprayed in the face.

Chester: badly rusted knight!

Jaune recognized that voice and saw the Mad Chester.

Jaune: no...no that can't be...I saw you die...that really you...Y/n?

Shocked was everyone's face for what Jaune said, Chester smiled sadly.

Chester: no...he's not hear right now...

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

A/n: and that's the end of this chapter holy s*** that took a while and almost 4,000 words too... I hope guys enjoyed it, but also how was Neo I hope I betrayed her right in your guy's eyes and I hope to see you in the next one.

Bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 1.2K 12
Here we are, Vol.2 of my Fanfiction of Rwby, it's been fun but now it's time to proceed with the story. I hope you enjoy this continuation, and hopef...
4.6K 93 17
This is a fanfic me and my friend have been working on since February of this year. He has an account on Fanfiction.net called purple27gamelord and...
24K 610 27
Just read the damn thing.. (I don't not own ANYTHING here, RWBY, JJK, or any other pictures and stuff I say isn't owned.)
1.5K 47 23
Disclaimer: I donot own RWBY at All,Do Not Report me Because of This. Yes,There Will be Lemon