JULIET {remus lupin}

Por saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... Más

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN

1K 68 6
Por saffyxoxox

January, '94

Remus and Juliet returned to Hogwarts on the same day after New Year's. Anne and James had stayed with the pair until New Year's Eve, but had gone back to Anne's family's farm to celebrate their engagement. They had begged Remus and Juliet to come, but he didn't exactly fancy seeing where he used to spend so much time alone, and the witch maintained that she had too much to sort out with the house. The witch and wizard existed quietly alongside for a few days, not speaking much, but being content. Juliet hadn't mentioned Christmas Day, how he had been with Tonks all night, and he hadn't thought about what could have happened if it weren't for the proposal. He felt guilty, though, Tonks apparently had taken quite a shine to him, and James had teased him about it endlessly the next day, the one wizard too happy about his engagement to be observant, but the other not missing the silent glances exchanged between Anne and Juliet. 

Once back at Hogwarts and through the front doors, Juliet instantly fell into step beside Severus Snape, and began enquiring after his Christmas, while Remus nodded at Minerva Mcgonagall and smiled, sitting between her and Madam Hooch on the opposite side of the staff table to Juliet. 

A few weeks into term, Remus began to teach Harry the patronus charm, not telling anyone about their lessons, but growing more and more attached to the boy the more he taught him, feeling overwhelmingly like he was with James and Lily the more he got to know him. Harry complained about Severus a lot, but he also complained about Juliet, carefully watching Remus' reactions, remembering the photograph where Professor Lupin had his arm around Professor Blair, and both were leaning into each other. Harry would stop at nothing to understand more about his parent's friends.

February

Juliet and Remus received invitations to Anne and James' wedding for April a month after term had begun, the pair hardly spoke in school, with Juliet doing midnight astronomy, their timetables were completely different, and she had began to spend more time with Severus. The man found her sat by the lake, she looked up at him and smiled as he approached her, holding the same gold envelope as she did.

"April," she said as he sat beside her.

"Yeah," he grinned. "It'll be nice."

Juliet laughed, "guess what?"

"What?"

"She's asked me to be a bridesmaid."

Remus smiled widely, "Merlin, she loves you."

"I love her," Juliet laughed, closing her eyes and thinking about Arabella Greengrass. "It's nice to have a girl friend again. I've not had that for a while."

"An odd friendship?"

"How so? If at some point in your life you've been in love with both me and Annie, it makes sense that we'd get on."

Remus smiled, "I wasn't in love with Annie. But I see your point. She just used to feel very...threatened by your existence."

Juliet laughed, "little did she know I was locked away!"

He grinned at her, "yeah, might have made things easier for her."

"I'm glad I know her. I'm happy for them."

"Me too," he said, glancing up at the darkening sky.

"Moon tonight?"

"Yeah," he said. 

"Severus and I started brewing more," she said, pulling grass out of the ground and throwing it in front of her.

He nodded, "cheers."

The witch stood up and brushed off her robes, holding out her hand to the man as she noticed him wincing. "Do you need anything?"

Remus smiled and let his hand linger, "no, thanks."

March

Remus Lupin could hardly believe what he was holding in his hands as he strode away from Severus Snape. His hands shook as he headed straight to his office, swinging the door open and  pointing his wand at the parchment, muttering so Harry Potter couldn't hear him from the other side of his office. 

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Remus felt tears threatening his eyes as the ink formed, he tapped it again and turned around to the boy standing behind him.

"I am astounded that you didn't hand this in, Harry," he said sharply. "Did it never occur to you that this, in the hands of Sirius Black, is a map directly to you?"

Harry shifted where he stood awkwardly, "no, sir."

"Your parents gave their lives to save yours, you are gambling their sacrifice by wandering the castle, alone, unprotected - there is a killer on the loose!" He exclaimed, "I won't cover for you again, Harry," he said, turning his back to the boy. "Bed, now."

He heard footsteps retreating, but then, a pause.

"Professor, just so you know, I don't think the map always works. Earlier it showed me someone in the castle, someone I know to be dead."

"Who might that be?" Remus asked tiredly.

"Peter Pettigrew."

The man masked his shock well, gripping the map with one hand and the edge of a table with another.

"That's not possible."

"It's just what I saw," Harry muttered, turning around and heading back to his dormitory.

Once he was alone, Remus slammed the door shut and pulled the map out again, only looking for one name.

Juliet Romilly, in the astronomy tower.

The man jogged through the castle halls, praying her class was over.

"Juliet," he called, once at the top of the stairs.

He heard giggling and smiled awkwardly, stepping aside as two Ravenclaw girls hurried past him.

"Oh, great, Lupin, that's all I need."

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Rumours about you meeting me in the tower at night," she said, rolling her eyes. The man was frozen to the spot, clutching parchment. "What is it?" She asked. When he said nothing she instantly knew, she snatched it from his hand and spoke the ten words.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

When the ink began to form, and she read: 'Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs,' she gasped and threw the parchment to the floor, tears coming into her eyes. Remus' expression mimicked her own and she pulled the man towards her, wrapping her arms around his neck, tightly.

"There was nothing left of them," Remus said into her shoulder, staring down at the map. "Nothing left of us."

Juliet sniffed as she pulled away, "where was it?"

"Harry had it," Remus said, almost laughing.

Juliet beamed, "the marauder's legacy continues. Prongs would fucking love that."

"I know," Remus sighed, "it was hard to act professor."

Juliet sighed and leant down and picked it up, stroking over the names, remembering the patrol when they were young and Remus had shown her the map.

"There's something else," he said apprehensively, "before you look at it."

"What?" She asked.

"Harry said he saw Peter Pettigrew on it..."

"What?"

"It must be wrong."

"I thought the map was never wrong."

He shrugged, "we were seventeen, it probably was wrong."

"Peter can't be on it," she said.

"Exactly."

"Unless," she began, before stopping.

Remus panicked at the very hint of such a suggestion, a suggestion which could change everything.

"It's impossible."

"I know," she replied softly.

"I'm going to give it to Dumbledore, if Siri- Black is here, it's too dangerous. I'd get obsessed with it..."

"I'll keep it," she said quickly. "I'm fine."

He nodded, "yeah, thank you. I'll leave you, sorry."

"Thanks for coming to me, Remus," she said, smiling as he retreated down the stairs. 

The witch sat at her desk and tapped the map again, stroking where it said Moony. She assessed it, and watched Remus walking towards his own office, saw herself in the astronomy tower, and then a name she scarcely thought about. She watched it, making tiny movements in Gryffindor common room. She leant back into her chair, not taking her eyes off the name. The map must be wrong. But what if?

 It had to be. 

But the map never lies.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.3M 37.8K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
102K 2.6K 33
❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐫 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭. ...
2.1M 66K 85
𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 Y/n Potter and Regulus Black form an unlikely relationship. ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ Y/n Potter and Regulus Black hate each other. It's a know...
999K 25.1K 58
Sirius Black has had his fair share of women in his life, but there was something about her that drove him mad. Maybe it was the similarities in thei...