A Survivor's life in the dung...

By TheManCandy

Witness the journey of a man who lost everything, as he dives in the dungeon for strength and power. will he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Announcements
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
I'm sorry.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Fuck Me
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (Noice)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
No Update Today
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Announcement
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
no chapter today
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Sorry
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Not a chapter (contain slight spoiler)
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 Epilogue (Book1)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Heracles Familia (New Members)
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Greetings!!!
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Sorry
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Well, Y'all Might Be Wondering.
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Welp, it's that time of the year again.
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139

Chapter 102

241 11 1
By TheManCandy

Kiez and Jugo arrived at Heracles manor, a little bewildered at the exhausted look the rest of the familia have on their face, some even have a look of dread, while others are just laughing like an idiot at the corner of the room.

"What happened to them?" Jugo asked, unsure why everyone looked devilished and exhausted.

"Hell if I know." Kiez shrugs. "Hey guys! Got the food fresh and hot from the hostess!" Kiez called to them

"Good! I'm actually starving!" An unfamiliar voice made the two jump back, looking up the stairs, they saw a young man, with dark red auburn hair, a lose black long sleeves, and black trousers, going down the stairs. "it's been so long, since I had Mia's cooking."

The two had their jaws dropped on the floor, they couldn't believe their eyes... "A-A-August Kaizer?!" Jugo eyes bulged, he then stood to attention as he quickly introduced himself. Stuttering as he goes. "M-M-My name is J-Jugo, s-sir! No last name! A level 2 adventurer s-sir!"

Kiez on the other hand is speachless, he was now standing face to face with his idol, the very reason he became an adventurer, why he use the spear, and why he joined Heracles familia in the first place. August Kaizer is the person he striven to be.

His hand that was holding the multiple food that he and Jugo brought slacked, but in a blink of an eye, August appeared in front of him, catching the food that was about to fall to the ground. "Woah! Easy there, we don't want to drop our feast now, do we?" August smiled and turned towards Jogu. "And drop the salute will you, set up the tables, I'm starving."

"I-its an honor and privilege to meet you mr. August!" Kiez bowed, his face had this goofy smile, he could just imagine it, him being trained by his idol who is now his captain. "I'm Kiez Lota! I want to be as strong as you! Please train me!" He bowed as he asked enthusiastically.

The others, - the 8 who spared with August along with Denki - paled as they heard the innocent Kiez asking August to train him. They all gulped remembering what happened earlier.

August smiled sinisterly, - which Kiez didn't see because he was bowing - as he looked at the young boy. "Sure. I'll be happy to train you, all of you even." He looked back at the rest of the familia, they felt a cold chill ran pass their spine. "You should all follow his example, look at him wanting to be stronger. Hahaha!"

Kiez was smiling from ear to ear, in his book, his idol just complemented him, while the others, had an ugly scowl in their faces, dreading the so called training August will put them through. Jogu on the other hand was confused by all of this 'why are the others looked like they just swallowed a bitter bug?' he thought to himself. 'Why is Katty shaking in fear? Huh? Weird...' clueless on why the other had this reaction.

.
.
.
.
.

The feast went on as plan, when the table was set up, all of them eat like mad-men who was devoided with food, especially August. The manor had a great atmosphere, as Denki and the rest share their experience within the dungeon towards August.

Heraclea who was watching the scene had a serene smile on his face, he really like how August is getting along with the others, August's attitude just mesh well the rest, he was playful, yet serious when needed, firm yet not overly strict, and he was quite young but has an air of maturity that the others respect. But perhaps the most important thing is, he is strong, extremely so, that the others all look up to him.

At first Heracles was worry that the others might find August intimidating, but after that "Welcoming" August did, the others started to see that August was just like them, an adventurer who strive for strength, and someone who they can rely on.

The news of August leveling up to 6 had everyone in awe, Denki who knew that August just reached level 5, a little over five months ago, was reminded of just how monstrous their captain was.

His heart once again felt that pang of longing and jealousy at the talent August possesses. But he quickly pushed it back down, he was happy at the achievement he had reached. The others who were clueless of this fact, just thought that August was another prodigy in along the league of Ais, and if they knew just how fast he leveled up, they might have the same reaction as Denki.

While that was happening, Hestia arrived back at the manor, she was tired after working all day at one of Hephaestus shops. When she saw the feast however, she quickly sat on the table, with no signs of ever being tired, shoving large amount of food in her mouth, shameless to the core.

When she saw August awake, she spat the food. "A-AUGUST!!!" she rubbed her eyes, her face in disbelief and in joy.

"Hello lady Hestia! Long time no see." August greeted Hestia with respect, bowing to the goddess, much to the dismay of Heracles.

After the meal, August once again called for them to the back, stating that he needed to welcome the two who were late due to the errands, and that they would be joining them as well, and it happened like it did earlier, with everyone except August, lying on the ground groaning in pain.

And just like that, it was almost midnight. With Hestia waiting in front of the manor for Bell to return.

.
.
.

Heracles walked besides Hestia who was waiting at the gates, her face filled with worry, as she taps her foot on the ground restlessly.

"He usually never arrived this late..." the fear in Hestia's voice was palpable. Bell is not strong enough to stay inside the dungeon for multiple days, even with the level-up he had received. "I feel like something bad had happened." she utter, shivering at the thought.

"Bell's a strong kid, I'm sure he's fine... And he's not alone in there." Heracles tried to console his friend, placing his hand in her shoulder. "I'm sure he's on his way here as we speak."

"I hope so... This is just not like him." Hestia couldn't shake the feeling that something must have gone wrong in Bell's dive, call it a hunch, but her instincts as a goddess are just all over the place. "Bell..." she called longing.

As they stood restlessly, they spot multiple figures making their way towards the manor, Hestia strained her eyes, relief washing over her body. "That must be Bell! I swear I'll gave her an earful for making me worry like this!" her tone haughty as she stomped her feet on the ground.

Heracles on the other hand was quiet, Bell had gone to the dungeon with 2 other people, this group however contained over five. The light finally revealed the group that was coming towards them, revealing the adventurers of Takemikazuchi familia along with their god.

Hestia seeing this puffed her cheeks, she thought it was Bell, she wanted to nag Takemikazuchi for getting her hopes up but she noticed the look of regret in the god's face, as well as the guilt that his children had.

Hestia heart suddenly beated fast, the bad feeling she had skyrocketed, countless thoughts filled her mind, negative thoughts, she had knew the god of thunder and sword for a long time now, and are in fact good friends. She should have been happy seeing him, but a cold dread filled her being.

Heracles noticed this, he added strength to his gripped at Hestia's shoulder, trying his best to comfort the goddess. "They must have come here for a visit." he lied to himself as well as Hestia, he knew that look, it wasn't a look of good news. "Come-on... Let's greet them." Heracles tap.her shoulder, urging her to move forward.

"Good evening Takemikazuchi. Late night for a visit." Heracles opened, curtly nodding to the god.

Hestia also nodded, she couldn't make a word as the bad feeling she had made her unable to speak.

"Heracles..." The god returned the greeting, he turned to Hestia, and the look on his face became even more ugly, he bit his lips, and swallowed, wetting his throat. "Hestia..." his voice was strained when he mentioned the goddess' name.

This made Heracles take a deep breath, he had seen this look before, when he talked with Ganesha in the past he had the same look. The look of guilt...

"I-I'm... Hestia on behalf of my familia, I came here to apologize." Takemikazuchi kneeled on the ground and dogeza, his children behind him followed suit. With his head glued to the ground, he forced his voice to have volume as he continues. "S-something happened inside the dungeon... One of my child got injured and were in a bad spot." his throat was dried. He couldn't even look straight at the goddess, opting to keep his eyes on the ground.

Hestia had a look of shock in her face, her mind tried to process everything.

"It was my fault!" Ouka butted in, his voice carrying the same amount of guilt as his god. "I-I was the one who made the decision!"  He then explained what happened; How Hitachi Chugasa got hurt, how they ran desperately, how they fought for their lives, and how the path they took had Bell and his party there, fighting a mob.

His voice crumbled as he explained with extreme guilt how he did a taboo inside a dungeon. He committed a pass parade, choosing the life of his famlia over a stranger he didn't know. Dooming them in the process.

Tears started to fill his eyes, and the eyes of the member of his familia, Ouka the captain of the Takemikazuchi familia gritted his teeth, and looked up towards the goddess. "A-and if given another chance... I-I-... I'll probably do it again, for the sake of my familia." his voice was filled with guilt, he knew what he did is wrong, but he knew it was a must for him and his familia to survive.

Takemikazuchi grimaced, he couldn't possibly understand what his captain and child must be going through, the pressure of being a captain, keeping the familia safe, it was all foreign for a god. But he knew, that the man is hurting, as guilt was eating him from the inside. He remained in a dogeza position, this was the only thing he can think of right now, apologizing with every ounce of sincerity towards his friend.

Hestia had a blank look on her face, the usually emotional picture she had was gone, she walked towards Ouka, who was by now, crying silently for what he did.

"Get up." Hestia kneeled, and placed her hand at the man's shoulder. "I-I appreciate your honesty, and I know that making that choice must be hard for you." Her voice chimed inside Ouka's ear, making the man look up and finally stare at the goddess' face.

Hestia smiled at him, that smile was filled with emotions, sadness, understanding... And determination. "Thank you for coming here, all of you... I know it must be hard for you..." This made Ouka and the rest wail, they expected for the goddess to berate them, to be angry... Not this...

"I'M SORRY!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!" Ouka tears erupted as she cried for forgiveness. Hestia hugged the man, whispering "I understand" in his ears as she pat him at the back of his head.

"And don't worry, Bell is strong. And he's still alive... I can feel it... My connection with him is still intact. He's smart and resourceful, he must be hiding in the dungeon." Hestia voice carried a sense of hope.

"Then we must go back and find him!" Ouka voice carried a determination, one that wants to correct his mistake. The others firmly nod, determine to bring Bell back along with his party.

"And that we will..." Heracles agreed. His voice firm. "I'll arrange my familia to help as well... This should be fast, especially now that August is awake."

Takemikazuchi and his familia all had their eyes bulged at the news, their mind inevitably returned at the amphitheater incident, at the creature, and how August Kaizer became the hero of Orario by killing that creature along with his god, Heracles.

Just the mention of his name filled them with confidence, Heracles was right, with August here, everything would be fast and swift.

Hestia as well nods, agreeing wholeheartedly. "Thank you." she nods greatfuly towards Heracles, thanking her friend. She wouldn't know what to do if he wasn't here.

"Now then... We move as soon as possible, I'll prepare my familia now, meet us here after your familia are ready with their gears." Heracles looked at Takemikazuchi and node, quickly moving inside the house.

"August!" He called, his voice booming inside his manor. "Get the others ready!"

He waited for a response, but instead of August, Denki was the one who ran towards him.

"Lord Heracles! The captain left, he said that he needed to pay them a visit." Denki then took a paper from his pocket and presented it towards Heracles. "He left this letter."

Heracles' brows twitch, he roughly took the paper out of Denki's hand, quickly skimming through the content.

***

Old man, I'll be going out for a bit, visiting my family. Probably be back tomorrow or the day after.

-Your favorite child, August.

***

Heracles crumpled the paper, his face turning red. With a loud yell, he screamed on the top of his lungs. "THE SON OF A BITCH!!!"

.
.
.

As Hestia and Takemikazuchi waited outside, Heracles' voice made them flinch, the door of the manor opened forcefully, as Heracles marched into their direction.

"Change of plan." the look on his face made the two realized that he was quite angry. He presented the paper forward towards Hestia, urging for her to take it. Hestia timidly took the paper, her face scratching up as she read the content.

With a exasperated voice, Heracles palmed his face. "The idiot is not here!"

.
.
.
.
.

While that was happening, a line of red was moving quickly towards the east of Orario, it was August.

He was running with a smile on his face, oh how he missed the cold breeze hitting his skin, the hard ground that vibrates whenever he takes a step, how the night sky looks. He was moving like a blur, invisible to the common folks, moving towards his childhood village, towards the grave of his family.

How he relished the freedom he had missed, for the others, he might have been asleep for only 3 and a half months, but for him, or was 70 years, 70 years of only fighting and dying inside Beowulf's dimension. How he missed the feeling of being able to run free.

And most of all, he promised to visit the grave of his familia once every year, and being trap for 70 years, he felt like he had broken that promise. So with his maximum speed, he rushed towards the village. The place where it all began, and the final resting place of his family.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 102 is now complete. How are you all enjoying the story so far?

Please leave a comment, review, and feedback to help me improve this fanfic. Every little thing helps me understand your preferences and will contribute to writing a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

Thank you for following this fanfic. I hope you're enjoying it.

Have a good day, everyone. Love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 71 9
the event's before chapter 1 in the Danmachi TheBlack Lightning Hero but after chapter 0 where Oranio is at risk because of the 3 disaster's coming b...
22.5K 738 39
" "Fine. If you don't want me to care, I won't fucking care. No one ever will! Enjoy being alone and hated forever!" That's one less who will miss m...
140K 2K 20
A man by the name of Daniel Langcaster dies in his world from saving a lot of people during a robbery as such he meets god and he tells him of his d...
837 23 1
Before reading please note that this is Sukuna x Megumi (Sukufushi!!) There are trigger warnings for the following; forced eating, description of v...