veritas. | 엔하이픈

By eishihoonie

"in this game, it's only kill or be killed." Class A has always been the paragon of the university. A class m... More

PREFACE : THE INVITATION.
WARNING:
PROLOGUE: THE HANGING PARTY.
ONE : BLOOD CARDS.
TWO : MOUSE TRAP.
THREE : THE A-TRAIN
FOUR : ALL OR NOTHING
FIVE : LAWLESS
SIX : PROCESS OF ELIMINATION
SEVEN : SEPARATION ANXIETY
EIGHT : TWO SIDES OF A COIN.
TEN : F*CK-TIONS
ELEVEN : CHEMISTRY

NINE : AEGIS

1.5K 119 116
By eishihoonie

nine :

"People are poison. Don't let them creep on your veins."

___________________

Ryeon.

"This sucks... so we need to stay here until what? Until we die?"
Jessica, one of our classmates and the cheerleading captain threw a feat as we stay at the cafeteria right now. It's our first night here, and surprisingly at least they are not starving us with dinner being served here at the cafeteria.

However, beggars can't be choosers. It's not like they are serving real foods here. A tiny piece of wheat bread, a bland soup, one baked sweet potato and a boiled egg is not necessarily something most of us eat normally.

"This is not food. Trash!!"
Jessica was cursing out the food she was being given, and most of our followers do too. I toop a sip on my glass of water and just watched them from the rear. God knows how entitled this children are.

"Why are you alone?"
Park Sunghoon put his tray down in front of me and sat on the seat at my table. I looked at him, then looked around before looking back at him.

"There's so many seats available, stay away from me."
I told him to fuck off, which only made him laugh.

"Oh c'mon, Ryeon. It's not like you'd kill me too if i don't fuck off, hmm?"
He teased me with a snarking remark, imitating the way I threw the metal bar to Shira back when we were at the train. I clicked my tongue, rolling my eyes and just did not acknowledge his presence so I won't be stressed out even more.

"We need to device a plan."
Jungwon appeared next to me and sat by my side. He's accompanied by Jay and Sunoo who glared at Sunghoon before rolling his eyes.

"We'll be staying here for quite a while, what do you think will happen first before everything else?"
Jungwon asked me. I looked at him, thinking the same thing.

He's still under my suspicion. I still need to know why did he lie earlier. I'll keep him close just so I could see his ulterior motives.

"Monarchy will soon raise. Someone needs to step up as a leader."
Sunoo whispered which made me nod. That's typical, especially when we all know that we're honna die sooner or later. We need to be smart and not panic. We need someone to lead the pack.

"Why not vote me as your president?"
Lee Heeseung appeared in front of us and filled the vacant space next to Sunghoon. He looked at Sunghoon who gave him a stone-like expression before shaking his head.

"You're a psychopath, Hyung."
Sunghoon whispered to him which made Heeseung laugh.

After earlier, on the brink of death, everyone was desperate. That's where everyone's color showed.

And seeing the true colors of each person in this table, I couldn't help but look at them differently now.

Who among them will kill me tomorrow? Who knows, but there's a possibility.

I was snapped back to reality from my thoughts when I heard someone clapping. The small chatters filling up the air inside the cafeteria went silent for a moment, and everyone's attention went towards the guy that clapped his hands to gather everyone's eyes.

"Attention, Everyone!"
It's Seon Taeho.

"How do I start this... I know every one of us are scared and anxious about everything... we are here with half of our feet on our grave after all. We all do not want to die, so I would like to take this moment and call everyone's attention... So all of us can work together as a team and survive with all of us here inside this room."

"Here comes Mr. goody-two-shoes..."
Jake appeared and sat next to Heeseung, while dragging Ni-ki with his other arm. The boy sat next to him without saying anything, but looked at me and nodded his head

"Too much for someone that just killed someone earlier to survive."
Jay let out another rude remark, making sure Taeho heard it. Taeho looked at our table, the eight of us gazing back at him.

Jay was right. Even Taeho is not clean here.

"We needed to do that. And we were all pressured with the time limit, everyone here has blood on their hands so why not we all just forget about what happened and start anew?"
Taeho replied. He took the sympathy of some of our classmates, agreeing to him and his plan. I scoffed. They are taking the lives they just took way took lightly. Acting like what happened was nothing? That's stupid.

"Going back to what I am saying... We need to minimize our loss every time we play the game. And we can do it if only we cooperate with each other. Every one of us. This is why we need to elect a leader and govern all of the surviving members."

Here we go.

"This is getting interesting."
Heeseung smirked, listening to Taeho's speech.

With the appearance of politics on the surviving members of our class, things will get different. Specially in the game.

What if the next game is a team game? It is highly likely. So what if the next games are also team games?

Then you'll need a team. The more member, the better. Because with more members, you'll get the majority. And the majority will always win in decision-making.

If you oppose the majority you can be an outcast. The majority sacrifices outcasts like they are nothing. That's how they will live.

That's why it is important to lead the politics. It's like you're gathering your allies just so you can be safe.

"We'll have the majority to vote off for the leader of the surviving players and that will tell us who should lead everyone. In his lead, we should all try to cooperate as much as possible and think for the sake of everyone. Is it okay if we could hold the elections tomorrow?"

Most of the tables agreed with Taeho, our table is silent. More than anything, all of us shares the same sentiments with each other. Taeho looked at us, our eyes meeting as he smile at me.

"Then that's all I want to say. You all can continue eating."
He ended his remark while looking at us. And as people applauded, he was soon met with people that want to be allies with him.

_______________

Later that night, I decided to go to the rooftop for some fresh air. We converted some of the rooms into sleeping quarters since we were not provided any, then we designated rooms for everyone to sleep with.

"Hey."
I heard a voice coming from my back, making me turn towards it. The voice was familiar, yet the person doesn't seem so.

"Hey."
I greeted Heeseung back, turning towards the scapes of the Jungle surrounding us once more.

"What do you think will happen tomorrow?"
He asked, standing next yo me. I shrugged my shoulder abit.

"The obvious."
I told him. Taeho will win, and he'll lead the group.

"What if we kill Taeho before the elections tomorrow just so we could see what happens next?"
Heesejng whispered, making me look at him. He gazed back at me and smiled, "just kidding." Before saying that.

"After what happened at the train, I don't think you're joking anymore."
We both laughed at what I've said. Who knows, right?

"No but seriously speaking, I am wondering what will happen next. After the election, the second game, after everything..."
He sighed and spoke, looking at the moon above us. I replied silence, unable to find words and just took a deep breath.

"We should know what's the next game first."
I told him. He nodded his head and gazed at me.

"There were two types of coins."
He said. I nodded. I know much about that.

"The coin of medusa and the coin of the Aegis."
I told him. He nodded his head too and brought out the coin from his pocket.

"What did you get?"
He asked, making me see his coin. It has medusa's head, just like mine.

"We have the same."
I told him even without showing it. His lips turned for a downward smile as he chuckle.

"I believe you. So i guess we're teammates for the next game?"
He told me. I gazed at him, confused.

"Why would you believe me? What If i'm lying?"
I asked him. He softly laughed and shook his head.

"To hell do i care?"
He chortled, putting his hands on his pocket and walking back towards the door of the rooftop.

"I'll always believe you, Ryeon. No matter what."
He meaningfully smiled and walked back inside.

What the hell? What does he mean by that?

Can I trust you, Lee Heeseung?

____________________

Updateeee! After a very long while, hehehehehe my finals are finally done and I managed to survive another semester!! Lmaooo

Holidays are coming up, don't get sick and enjoy the holidays, lovely hoomans! Stay safe!

Chuu~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.3K 3.8K 38
❝ you look pretty, by the way. ❞ ❝ whatever, jake. ❞ ❝ i meant it, isabel, you look beautiful. ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ───── ˎˊ˗ 𝗶𝘀𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸 has...
693K 44.8K 55
"Look, I really didn't mind the fact that I died and reincarnated into Ansatsu Kyoushitsu. I didn't really mind that you gave me a hole in the heart...
523K 17.9K 49
¡¡¡COMPLETELY DONE!!! { Completed August 21, 2018 } The E-class is tasked with such a difficult task. Killing a yellow creature that can move at Mach...
178 4 10
"Ms.Nottage" "Ms.Nottage" "MS.NOTTAGE" "One day I'm seriously going to kill her" I whisper to myself as I got up and looked Ms.Noble in her old wrink...