At The Beginning With You

Від Havingfunwithfanfic

The gods see the world being destroyed during the Long Night and decide to fix things. Daemon and Rhaenyra ha... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 16

1.4K 66 7
Від Havingfunwithfanfic

Short Chapter. Daemon tells Rhaenyra about Baelon's interest for Aemma. Viserys decided is a good idea to confront his father. There will be not violence in this chapter. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

"Well, things are definitely changing." Nyra gave her husband a questioning look. "Viserys asked the king for an annulment and he accepted."

"What?" She could not believe it, her father who spent years professing his love for his first queen had requested his marriage be annulled. "How can that be?"

"Well, since you told Aemma about what would happen in the future after all the times my brother forced her to get with child, she has not been as willing to be in his bed as before." Damon shrugged. "That meant Viserys could not make heirs, which is the excuse he used to request his annulment."

Rhaenyra was not sad because her parents had decided to live separate lives, but she knew that this would not be good for Aemma. Laws were not favorable for women and if Viserys divorced her mother that meant that Aemma would be sent back to the Eyrie so her family could find her another match. It also meant that Rhaenyra would be taken away from her, especially since Viserys had no other children at this time. While she wanted her mother to live, she was not sure this was the best solution. This way, Rhaenyra would also grow up without a mother.

"This cannot be happening." She pushed a curl behind her ear. "What will happen to Rhaenyra if Aemma is taken away? She will grow up under the Hightower's care, I do not believe that is what the Gods wished for."

"Not necessarily, there is a way for Aemma to stay in Kings Landing with Rhaenyra." Nyra frowned, not sure what her husband was getting at. "She will have to wed a Targaryen prince."

"Well, the only Targaryen prince available is a younger version of you." She glared at Damon making him chuckle. "And I can assure you I would not be happy to share the man I love with anyone, even my mother."

"I was not talking about myself."

It took her a minute to realize what he was saying and her eyes widened.

"Grandsire? Have you lost your mind?" Maybe going to the past was affecting her husband's mind. "You know perfectly well grandsire would never do something like that, he would not steal his son's wife and he would never wed anyone. Grandsire always loved grandmother and he did not wish to wed anyone else."

"That might have been true at one point in time, but is not true any longer." Damon's smile made her nervous. "My father is interested in your mother."

"What?" Her eyes widened. "That cannot be."

"But it is, I did not realize it until a few days ago when he started talking about Aemma."

"What did he say?"

"It was not just what he said, but it was the way he said it." This could not be happening. "The way he looked while speaking about your mother was very familiar and that is when I started watching him and observing his interactions with Aemma."

"I have not seen them act any different than before."

"That is because you have not been looking for it." Damon moved closer to her and took one of her curls between his fingers. "His voice changes when he talks about her, his eyes light up. He is very protective of her and finds any occasion to be near her, to touch her."

"He loves her, that is not so strange, she is his niece." She glared when Damon smirked. "I did not mean it in the way you and I are. Their love is different than ours, is a familiar one."

"Oh, my love, it is not." Daemon rubbed her silver lock between his fingers. "When he sees her I can assure you that all he wants to do is flatten her against the nearest surface and have his way with her."

Nyra slapped her hair out of his hand and took a step back. What Damon was saying could not be true. She could not remember her grandsire ever looking at her mother with desire. They had always looked at each other like family, but then her grandsire had passed when she was very young, so her memories were not too clear. She was not opposed to the idea of her grandsire and mother being together, even if it was a bit strange to think about. Especially with the way her father had been acting.

"When did my father dissolve his marriage?"

"Last night." Daemon let out a sigh. "Your father waited until it was late into the night before sending Otto and two guards to tell your mother the news and take Rhaenyra away."

"Did they take Rhaenyra?"

"No, my father interrupted." Daemon shrugged. "I saw the guards and Otto walking to your mother's chambers so I went to the king's where Baelon was and told him what was happening. He got there just in time to stop them."

"Even if grandsire is interested in my mother that way, there is no way the king would approve it."

"The king is very ill." Damon let out a tired sigh. "He spends most of his time taking tinctures for the pain. Grandsire also adores my father and will not deny him if Baelon asks, especially after my father told him everything Viserys did."

"Even if grandsire and my mother wed, what will happen to her when he dies?"

"He will not die, not this time." Nyra knew how much Damon wanted to save his father, just as much as she wanted him to live. "Our spy is already in place and I hired a few more to watch others also."

She hoped everything they were doing was not in vain, she was hoping they would be able to save their families, the dragons, and the world. She did not want to know what would happen if they failed. 

                                                                Rhaenyra Targaryen (17 years old.)

                                                               Daemon Targaryen (33 years old.)

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

"You cannot deny me my daughter!" Baelon let out a sigh and attempted to calm himself down. Beating his son to a pulp was not something he should do, even if the idea seemed better by the minute. "The law says I have a right to keep my daughter by my side until I have a male heir."

"Viserys, why did you come into my chambers without asking permission?" He was growing tired of his son's disrespect. "Get out of my chambers, knock on the door, and wait for me to authorize you to enter."

"But.." His son did not seem to appreciate that Baelon's patience had a limit and he was close to reaching it.

"Now, Viserys." He glared at his son until Viserys nodded and walked out. A few seconds later there was a soft knock on his door. "Enter."

This time Viserys did not seem as confrontational as before, he was attempting to hold on to his anger. Baelon allowed a smile to show on his face, he did not have much sympathy for his son, especially after what he attempted to do to Aemma the night before.

"What do you want?" He did not want to fight with his son so early in the morning. "I have duties I need to attend to."

"I spoke to Otto and he told me what happened last night."

"He did?" Baelon glared at his soon as he moved closer. "Then would you mind explaining what happened to me? Because I am still not sure of what took place last night. Once my father approved your annulment I told you to stay away from Aemma and Rhaenyra, I made it perfectly clear that Rhaenyra would stay with her mother. And you decided to ignore my orders and sent guards to the woman who has been by your side for years in an attempt to intimidate her."

"Rhaenyra is my heir, and she shall stay with me until I have a son to take her place."

"She is a child, your child." Baelon narrowed his eyes. "Not something that you can take when is convenient for you."

"Father, I do not want to fight with you, but you know I am in the right." Baelon wondered if Viserys would still think that if Baelon slammed his head against the wall. "Just like I was in the right when I told you the king would grant me an annulment since my wife refused to do her duty."

"I look at you and I wondered when you became such a fool." Baelon's tone was amused and he could tell his son did not like it. Maybe, Viserys needed to hear some hard truths so he could understand how things truly worked. "My father did not approve of your annulment because he believed you were in the right, he did it because I asked him to."

"What?" Viserys looked like Baelon had just hit him over the head. "Why would you do that? You said you did not want me to divorce Aemma."

"And I did not, I truly believed that you loved her. But then I realized that you cared more about her womb than her." Baelon shook his head. "I was not going to allow you to hurt Aemma and Rhaenyra any longer. When you started talking about divorcing her I knew Otto would convince you to go to my father and spin a tragic tale. So I went to my father first and I explained a few things to him. That is why when you went to see him the letter for your annulment had already been drafted."

"Why did you do it?"

"Because you refused to appreciate what you had, you could not see what was right in front of you." Baelon felt sadness every time he looked at his son, he could see nothing of the boy he had raised. "I would have given anything to have your mother back, I do not care if she would have not been able to provide me with sons. But all you care about is an heir, not even realizing that Rhaenyra is your heir. She would be a queen anyone would be proud of."

"But she is not a boy." Viserys believed that explained everything. "The lords would never accept her."

"Who gives a fuck what the lords say?" Talking to his son was talking to a stone wall, it was useless. "We are dragons, we do not care for the opinion of sheep. But it seems that you have lost all your fire. There is more andal than Valyrian blood running through your veins and I do not know how that is even possible."

"You know grandsire would never allow Aemma to stay here now that we are no longer wed." Viserys glared at him. "The Arryns will find another man to wed her to and she will be gone. She will not be able to take Rhaenyra with her."

"You should not worry about that." Baelon's smile was back. "The Arryns have already agreed to a new match for Aemma and they are much more pleased with the new one. When she weds she will be allowed to stay in Kings Landing with her daughter."

"Who?" His son seemed angry that Aemma would wed someone else.

"That is not your concern." Baelon shrugged. "She is no longer yours."

Viserys did not say anything else before leaving Baelon alone. He knew his son would immediately go to Otto and ask him to find out who Aemma was marrying. But there was nothing Otto would be able to do, no one knew, not even Aemma. He really needed to speak to her and explain some things before she started hearing rumors and getting scared. He wanted to reassure her that she would be well and no one would be taking Rhaenyra away from her. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

209K 7.6K 18
"Give the girl to me to wife. Who else would take her now?" The Rogue Prince was able to take what he desired, and is given the Snow Dragon to marry...
295K 10.2K 68
Daemon and Rhaenyra's night at the pleasure house had consequences. Viserys disinherits Rhaenyra when she refuses to marry Laenor and gives Daemon an...
48.8K 2K 53
I saw the trailer for House of the Dragon season 2 and it just broke my heart how devastated Rhaenyra look. Since I know a lot of what will happen be...
9K 244 12
In an alternate universe, Rhaenyra Targaryen finds herself granted a rare chance to rewrite history, transported back to the brink of the Dance of th...