His Gift

By varian_alisha

"I Love you but it's okay" ~Kenziah "I wish I could tell you how much I love you Ray." ~Arif ##*Arranged Marr... More

Welcome
1 | The Big No
2 | The Walker Family
3 | Mr. Mafia?
4 | The Meeting
6 | The Yes
7 | The First Day
8 | Baby Face
9 | Through a file?
10 | Why?
11 | Friends
12 | Good And Bad Things
13 | Panic attack
14 | DÉJÀ VU

5 | Angry Mother's.

52 13 6
By varian_alisha

*since the target was completed here is the new chapter*
----------------------------------------------

Arif's POV

I kept staring at the flowers in front of me. To be honest, they were beautiful flowers and they smelled good too. I looked at them once again and cursed myself for behaving like this. I behaved like an asshole.

Although I wasn't there to make her think I was a nice guy, actually it would have been better if she rejected me but still.

She was a doctor for god's sake.

I should have taken a look at the file Dad gave me.

But how can she become a doctor at this age?She looked like a babyface.

But that mole, wasn't it hot? My subconscious reminded me of that damn mole.

That felt hot on her collarbone. She can attract all the men's attention to her by that mole of hers.

That waiter was looking at her mole like a creep he was. I didn't like the way he was looking at her.

"Arif!" I looked over as my mother shouted from the threshold of my office door.

What now Mom?

"What have you done?"

Oh so she found out about my behavior. I must have hurt the self-respect of that doctor girl. She also told this to her mother and her mother must have complained to my mother.

Huh. Women

"You shouldn't have treated Ken like that, Arif." She snapped, placing her hands on the table in order to scare me. My father also came and started scratching his neck while sitting on the chair in front of me.

While my mother looked at me with a deadly gaze

"And you shouldn't believe what another person says instead of your son, Mom." I imitated her.

"I don't believe what anyone says until I see it with my own eyes." She said and I kept looking at her.

What does she mean by this?

"And I watched you misbehave with Ken. I was right behind your tabke when you were teaching her about respecting other people's time." She declared.

What? How could she do something like this?

"So do not think that someone told me something and I believed it. No, I repeat that I do not believe the words of anyone until I see with my own eyes." He said and something inside me was felt agitated by her words and fueled my mood.

"It doesn't seem that way when you judge Snow. It certainly doesn't seem that way when you said she was a golddigger without even meeting her once," I said, my words laced with venom.

"What do you mean?" She asked as the color of her face changed.

"I know mom, I know when you came to know about my relationship with her you called her and blackmailed her about me and her brother. You had said that if she did not break the relationship with me, you would evict me from the property. And you will stop her brother's treatment." I said as I remembered her brother's last message.

He messaged me and told me the whole truth of what happened that night.

How she got a call from my mother when she came back from her dancing class. How she cried for us and how she decided to go as far away as possible.

She was never a career oriented girl. In fact, she loved me so much that she felt that my career was very important to me.

"What?" Dad asked.

"Yes dad, she manipulated her and blackmailed her without knowing her or meeting her. Just to prove her point she even made Snow's sudden escape look like Golddigger's escape. But thanks to Snow's brother for letting me know everything." I told to him.

"Arif, you are being foole--" she tried but I cut him off.

"Of course mom I have been fooled but you have made me fool. And believe me I am not marrying this doctor girl." I got up.

"Of course you're marrying her. Wait right here for me." My mother said and left my office.

"I will not" I shouted back

"Wait Ella." Dad shouted running after her.

I huffed, sat back in my seat and started typing on my laptop.

***

As I made a sudden turn to the left, I looked at my watch again.

It had been 10 minutes since I got the call from dad's PA, Ron. He was saying that mom had met with an accident. I ran towards my car even before hanging up as I remembered our last meeting.

My mother and I were not like this before. We loved each other very much. I was always mommy's little boy, who always obeyed her. But when she came to know about my relationship with Snow, she became cold.

'Wait right here for me.'

'I will not do it'

I once again remembered our previous conversation. And thousands of thoughts came to my mind as to what would happen?

I pulled into the resident of hospital. I ran to reception after throwing my car keys at a guard.

"Ella Hemsworth" I said to the receptionist.

"Room 109 on the first floor," said the receptionist.

I ran in the direction of the elevator.

***
"Sir, she suddenly needs surgery and our surgeon, Dr. William, said he is not capable of undergoing this surgery." A doctor told me.

"Who told you to bring her here? To this hospital?" I gritted my teeth at my father's PA.

"Si..sir, it was the closest to the accident site." He stammered.

"But you should--" I was about to give him some peace of mind when the doctor cut me off.

"Sorry sir, you really need to take her to the civil hospital" the doctor said handing over mother's reports to me, "Here are the reports, if possible contact Dr. Walker, she is competent to perform this surgery ."

"What do you mean by possible?" Ron asked.

"Doctor Walker is one of the best surgeons in New York. Even though her fees are not that high, she is a busy person. It is difficult to get an appointment with her." One of the nurses said.

Dr. Walker? Why does this name sound familiar? My subconscious mind wondered and I ignored it.

It wasn't important right now

"Okay. Get the ambulance ready." I told Ron and he left,"Can I see her?" I asked docter

"No sir, it is better if you don't see her at this time. Just take her to the civil hospital immediately, she has lost a lot of blood and suddenly needs surgery."

"What was the doctor's name again?"

"Dr. Kenzia Walker." He said and then it clicked.

Doctor girl? Wasn't it her name?

"Thank you." I said to the doctor before taking my phone out of the packet of my pants.

I dialed Jayden's number.

"Yes sir?" He asked.

"Get me Dr. Walker's number." I said and before I hung up he mumbled a yes.

In less than a minute he sent me a message. Damn that was fast.

Good for him. I dialed the number.

Ring

Ring

Ring.

She picked up the call on the fourth ring.

That too was fast. I thought.

"Yes, this is the second branch of the Civil Hospital--"

"This is me and Its my mom." I interrupted her.

"Where?" Recognizing me she asked.

"Civil Hospital."

"I'll be there in 30 minutes"

*****
*Earlier That Day*
*Narration*

"What are you thinking, Ash?" Ashley was brought out of her thoughts when Emma asked, sitting next to her.

"Nothing." Looking at her laptop screen she replied, "Mom, don't get me wrong but I think there's something wrong with this Arif boy." she continued

"Why do you think so?" Emma asked Ashley as she got closer to her.

"He didn't shake Ken's hand. And didn't accept the flowers she brought him."

"What else has Ken told you...

"Ken didn't tell me anything, Mom." Ash stopped Emma.

"Then? How did you know about--" Emma realized and asked the next question, "Don't tell me Ash, you?"

"I'm sorry." Ash apologized but she didn't look guilty at all

"Ash you didn't." Emma got up.

"Come on Mom" Ash grabbed her wrist and made her sit back," I knew Ken is in love with him and she wanna marry him and all but I can't just let her marry that boy without keeping an eye on him."

"And how did you do it?" Emma asked.

"Since you told me not to investigate about him, I just send some people to look after Ken, when she went to meet him." Ash confessed.

"And?" Emma raised a questioning eyebrow knowing there was more to this story than that.

"And I put a microphone in her hair while she was getting ready." Ash said and Emma's eyes widened, "But I think she removed it or lost it in her car, that's why I couldn't hear what they were talking about." Ash said seriously.

"But this is wrong Ash." Emma exclaimed.

"There's nothing wrong when it comes to Ken's safety." That voice was not Ash's, it was Kayle's.

He passed through the threshold and stood in front of them. Both women looked at him and then at each other.

He took the laptop from Ash and sat beside him, while Ash cursed in her mind.

She wanted to confront Kenziah first, ask her what happened and what they talked about. It's not that she wasn't going to tell Kayle, she wanted to, but after telling or asking Kenzia.

Because she knew that this man was trying to find a way to reject Arif. Simply because it was his mother's choice.

"Hmm, so he didn't take the flowers Ken gave him." The question sounded more like a statement. Kayle looked at the images on Ash's laptop.

In the pictures, both Kenziah and Arif were staring at each other, in one picture Kenziah had extended her hand, and in the next picture Kenziah was looking angry, He looked at the pictures carefully.

"Good job Ash." She said to Ash and he rolled her eyes at him, "Ken is not marrying her and don't roll your eyes at me."

"Oh please, I don't want any praise from you and before doing anything else just know that Ken loves that boy." Ash snatched her laptop back and left from there.

"Ken loves him?" Kay mumbled staring at Ash's retreating back

"Yes, He is the same boy she was searching from last 6 months" Emma said getting up and Kayle looked at her.

"She told you that?"

"Yes last night." Emma said as she walked towards the kitchen.

"Wait, Mrs. Walker?" He said as he walked towards her and she paused,

"Did you Knew she loved that guy before she told you?" he asked, looking straight into her eyes while Emma tried to understand what he meant.

"Well, is this another trick of yours to make him your puppet?" He asked, "I mean, once you get her married to her love, she'll worship you and that's what you want, right?"

"Enough Kay." When Emma realized what he meant she snapped.

"I never said anything whenever you blamed me about things I never actually did. But everything has a limit, and today you crossed all your limits. Ken is not only your sister, she's my daughter as well. The things I do for her are for her own good and I never want her to be my or anyone else's puppet."

Kayle just watched her rage, it was the first time in years that she had lashed out at him.

"I never knew that she loved Arif otherwise I would not have let her suffer these last 6 months. But now I know that she loves him. I'll do everything in my power to get them married as soon as possible." She spat angrily and walked away, leaving a shocked Kayle behind.

*****

Kenziah's POV

"So how did it go love." The evil voice of my beloved cousin ​​spoke from somewhere, causing me to jump from my seat.

"Damn it Ash, you got me starstruck." I said, placing my hand on the left side of my chest.

"You deserve to have that removing that chip from your hair." She said while sitting at the table.

Oh!! That's why she was here at this time.

Huh, when Dr. Smith noticed something shiny in my hair mid-surgery I removed that clip.

Thanks to him. Otherwise Ash would have heard everything we talked about.

This girl was just very protective of me. And her profession makes her doubt everything. Well her profession? She's an assassin.

"Don't you have a criminal with you today? To get them to confess their crime?" I asked as I tried to read a patient's report.

"I have her." She leaned closer to me and placed both of her hands on the armrest of my chair,"And I'm confronting her." She said

"Damn it Ash, you're scaring me." I said while pushing her back but she did not move back. Instead she held my chin and asked me to look into her eyes.

"Don't avoid my eyes, Ken, and tell me the truth," she said, "Was he rude?"

"Hey, why are you interrogating me? You know I never lied, yet you are telling me to tell the truth and everything" I pouted,"I will tell you when I want to."

"These puppy eyes won't work on me Ken." She smacked my head

"Owhh, that hurts Ash." I said while rubbing my head.

"Should be. Just tell me what you guys talked about." She said nonchalantly. This time she really wants answers.

Should I just tell her?

"Yes you should"

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Was he that rude?" she asked again.

"No, not rude." I tried to make some stories but failed, I just can't lie.

"Well yes. Yes he was rude. He said things about me being a mommy's girl and that I should respect other people's time and that I was trying to impress him with flowers etc. But from his perspective I think he was not wrong. I should have told him that I will come late and I shouldn't have talked about mamma. He was in no mood to talk about my mother. Well about my mother on our first date. 'Who would like to talk?' " I said in one breath.

"What?" She said, "He said something about mom, and he didn't even know you were a doctor?"

"But Ash, he had his reasons."

"You're still defending him? Even after what he did."

"He didn't do anything Ash, he was just disappointed because I was late. I know he will realize his mistake and be gentle with me."

"But.." she tried

"Ash? Don't you believe me?" I asked and she nodded her head in a 'Yes'

"Then trust me. He'll be gentler next time."

"OK if you say so." She said, I smiled.

"Thank you for not telling me to reject him." I said, getting up and hugging her tightly, "You're the first person who didn't say that."

"The first one?" She hugged me and I hummed, "Who else did you talk to about this?" She asked breaking the hug.

"Zoe--" I was cut off by my office phone ringing, "Just a minute." I said showing her my finger. She nodded and I picked the phone

"Yes, this is the second branch of the Civil Hospital--" Before I could finish my sentence the person on the other side spoke.

"It's me and Its my mom."

"Where?" I asked as recognised the voice of him.

"Civil hospital."

"I'll be thier in 30 minutes."

****

.•°HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDLE°•.
Candle_writes

°•.NEXT UPDATE ON 24TH OF JAN.•°
.•°•.
•°•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
10.3K 1.1K 49
I downloaded this cover from Pinterest, Book #1 in loveforever series... Disclaimer: This story is completely a work of fiction and my imagination...
84.5K 4.4K 74
She is unaware of his heart which beats only for her. She is aware of his ignorance which is at all not correct. The question is will she able to u...