Secrets In the Shadows (Syzyg...

By JanelleYurime

Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagi... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 10

28 12 0
By JanelleYurime

Samantha's POV

"Hit it!"

Everyone at the field were shouting and cheering for their stonemen while watching the game intently.

I wasn't supposed to be here, I was planning to spend my vacant in the library but unfortunately I bumped into the Carl guy and he asked me if I could watch his game which I politely agreed because his not a dick in the first place so maybe this is the least I can do for what he'd done for me last time.

It had been a couple of weeks ago since that incident happened but we never had the time to go out together which I'm glad about.

I learned that he's in the baseball team which is cool for me because I love watching that on tv. I really want to join the softball club when I was only Sophomore but I have no guts to socialize with others. Besides I just might hit my head with the bat.

"Wooh Carl hit me baby!" I cringe at what the blonde girl beside me said. Gosh so wild girl?

"What's with the face beautiful?" A voice said with a teasing tone. I look at my right to see a raven haired girl looking at me with amusement. She looks a year younger than me.

"What?"

"You like the boy that the blondie mentioned?" why does she have so many questions?

"Oh so you really do" she chuckle like she found something funny at what she said.

"No I don't"

"Then what's with the frown?"

"Isn't it a bit cringy to say something like that?" I guess I don't have a choice but to talk to this stranger.

"Every girl would say that without a shame to get laid" I can see her eyes glistening while talking. Is talking to someone she doesn't know makes her happy?

"Stop that you look like a creep" I rolled my eyes at her silly face.

She's about to say something when the phone in her pocket begun to vibrate.

"Oh.. my sister is calling... see you around" she said before walking away and out of my sight.

Why do I always feel something so odd with some certain people that I never met before? The urge to be set free was so strong. Like I were attached to them. Like the woman at the cafe. Maybe Olivia as well? I can't clarify it.

Well speaking of Olivia

Something was off with her when they visited the club last Tuesday night. I can feel some dark aura radiating from her while she's looking somewhere I don't know. And she was gripping the glass tightly that it almost break.

It doesn't seemed like she was enjoying the night and the band that were performing. Speaking of them, something's off with them as well. I don't know what makes me think like this but my mind was sure of it.

Was I so observative? I almost noticed everything.

I just didn't notice the one that Olivia was looking at at the counter bar. They had a long staring contest. I just didn't see clearly the face of that woman because the light is dim in that part.

"Sam!" My thoughts were interrupted as I hear Avery' voice. I averted my gaze at her to find her running towards me.

"Hey what's up?

"J-jessy" she sounded so worried while gaining her breath.

"What's with Jess?" I walk beside her and pull her out of the field.

"She got into fight with some guy" she said as she pull me towards the infirmary.

As we enter the room I see Jessica sitting on the bed with a band aid in her nose.

"Hey are you okay?" I examine her face to look for any serious damage which I found none to my relief.

"Ugh I'm fine it's not like he punched me that hard" she retorted before crossing her arms under her chest.

"Oh really? Then kindly explain why the hell do you have a broken nose?" Avery was about to pull our friends hair but I intervened between the two of them.

"That's enough.. Jessy" I face her with a cold expression that means better explain than sorry.

"Okay okay.. I was pulled by a girl at the corridor and then I kinda trapped her between my arms to support my body. The last thing I know is that there's a fist inches away from my face"  she said like a kid who's complaining to her mother.

"Well from what I've heard you grabbed a fucking bulge ass" Aves says making the injured girl's eyes widened in terror.

"Ahhh!!!"

I pulled her out of the infirmary by her ears. She fucking can't resist her hormones. That will be the death of her.

After class Avery drive home while caressing her reddish ear with one hand. That serves her right.

"Bye guys, careful on your way" I said as I hop out of the car and wave them goodbye.

As I walk towards the front door, my mind drifted to the woman I was longing for. I miss her presence.

I wasn't hallucinating that time was I? But her touch, I can still feel it lingering in my body. Like she imprinted her skin on mine.

I never thought I would be going crazy for someone I haven't seen before. But my body always screams for her. Everytime I sense her mere presence.. my body would immediately react like it belongs to her. It may sound insane but I always feel something within me.. inside of me that wanted to be set free. Like another life.

And it's getting more stronger whenever she's around.

Everything for me are so confusing. That's why I'm searching for any clues to lessen this thing that were troubling me.

"Auntie are you here?" I sat down at the couch to rest for a bit then I'll do my assignments in a few minutes because I won't have time for that later since I'll be at the club. Thankfully it's my day off at the cafe so I would get much rest today than usual.

Since the house is silent I guess Auntie isn't here yet. I decided to head upstairs to my room. I changed into much comfy clothes. Then I sat in my chair and begun to do my homeworks and review my notes as well because I don't want to be surprised tommorow.

After an hour of having a numb ass, I finally finished it.

I looked at the time in my phone and it's still 5:47 so I still have much time to take a nap. Auntie would be here in an hour I guess because she sent me a text message saying that she's at the market.

I climb onto my bed and tucked myself under the duvet. When I lay my head down on the pillow, my eyelids suddenly felt heavy and I immediately fall into a deep slumber.

I groaned as the alarm clock goes off waking me up in my deep sleep. I got up and started getting ready for work. The cold water fully wake me up as I enter the shower. After that I wrapped my body in a towel and went out of the bathroom to start changing into my work clothes.

When I came down, Auntie was still not there but maybe she was already resting in her room. So I just shrugged it off and went straight to my working place.

The place was already crowded the moment I get inside. I immediately switched into work mode and started helping clean up the mess around.

°°°°

I am walking home beside the street at midnight. My shift was already over so I can go home now. The Gang didn't visit me tonight and I can't get a cab because it's pretty late so I'm just gonna walk home since it's just twenty minutes walk from here.

As I walk in the midst of the empty street and the cold night. My mind drifted to the event that will be held at the school next week. It's a family day event.. again. Every year the school officers will scheme that kind of occasion for every students with their family. Which every year I would not attend too as well.

I don't have one to come with me. Auntie would convince me to go but I would always declined and says that it's okay since she don't really have much time for that which I understand.

If only I have a mom and dad with me right now. Sigh... sadly I don't have even one of them.

Auntie said that they got into a car accident when I was still a baby and that's why they're with God already.

It's pretty sad coz I've never had the chance to be with them for just a little bit. I never felt the love like real parents have for their children. I know Aunt Meliss is always there for me whenever I needed someone. But it's still different from the presence of the one's who gave birth to you.

I grow up being envious to the one's who have a whole family. Sometimes I wish I have the happiness that they have too. I really never desire for any expensive things because I'm contented for what I have and what Aunt can gave me. But having a whole family is one thing in a lifetime that I really dreamt of.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a growl not so far where I'm at. I just shrugged it off and starts to walk again coz it's freezing here outside. Then I heard it again and some sounds coming from the trees nearby. I started walking fast or I may say running because of fear.

Oh Lord what is that?  Geez I need to get out of here. I just run and run until the noise vanished. I turned around to see if someone's still following me. I heave a sigh of relief when I see no more signs of any disturbing shits.

Phew that's a bit intense..

"Well well well... where do you think you're going?"

I snapped my head forward only to see a muscular guy with a cocky smirk plastered on his face. He starts walking forward towards me and I take quick steps backwards.

"Don't you dare come near me" I tried to threaten him but he just laughed.

"What? Are you going to kick my ass and turn me into a puppy?" he said full of amusement.

I just took steps backward not knowing what to say. Then my left foot suddenly tripped because of the godamn rock. I fall on my butt.

"No no no.... stay away!!!" my freaking voice is shaking right now. Why? Who the fuck wouldn't be scared when some crazy guy just approached you wearing that kind of smirk in the middle of the night and you not knowing what's running in his small brain.. Geez think about it.

"This is really getting fun" he said still walking towards me and anytime soon he'll get to where I'm standing.. I mean sitting.

"Are you up for a game?" what is this shitty guy thingking? I don't like what's running in his mind.

"Why don't we play hmm? What do you think?" He said not taking his eyes off me.

"L-let's play some other time.. I-I need to go home now" I said shakily.

"Nuh Uh... we'll play whether you like it or not" said by the creepy man and his smirk is getting even bigger than it's already is and I don't think it's still possible... but now I know.
°:°

"P-please men let's talk about this.. I-I don't remember having any arrears to you" I said full of fear.. Geez please God save me.. I don't wanna die young... I still want to marry the hottest girl on the universe... I silently prayed wishing that someone could really hear me.

"No can't do honey... we'll play hide and seek... If you don't get caught until sunrise I'll let you slip.. But if I find you.. You're coming with me" he said obviously enjoying his antics.

My blood boiled.. this idiot guy.. I'll fucking beat him to death when I caught him first .. His lucky I don't have a grip on him.

"Run as fast as you can ok? Because if I see you.. You're not going anywhere" he whispered wearing his signature smirk making me wants to crawl under my parents grave.

"Why are- he interrupted me... yea such a bitch.

" 1 "

"What who ar-"

" 2 "

"Get lost bitch!!" I shouted before running as fast as I can towards the woods.

Omygosh Omygosh Omygosh what should I do?!! I might die at the age of nineteen if I don't speed up... Oh Almighty God please guide me.

Running everywhere.. that's what I'm doing.. What is that guy thingking? Is he some kind of lunatic that has escaped mental? I'm fucking doomed right now.

"Ugh!!" I fall face first on the ground.. That hurts.. Geez it's not the time for being clumsy.

I tried to stand up but I just growled and fall down again on my butt.. Geez I think I broke my ankle.. I'm really doomed right now.

"Freaky freaky...come to daddy"

Yikes did he just called himself my daddy? That's disgusting..

Okay Samantha there's no more time.. You need to get the hell out of here..

I encouraged myself.. I stand up carefully and walk slowly not wanting for my ankle to get hurt.. I'm near five steps when--

To be continue....

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

This chapter is getting a bit longer than usual so I have cut it off..  Btw sorry for the late update

What are in your minds? I hope this one is satisfying enough.

Love lots💙

- J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327 27 11
Tallulah Collar is a twenty five year old witch who lives in a small town run by a pastor who seems to have it out for her kind. She is one of the mo...
93 5 15
(n.) the act of loving the one who loves you, a love returned full. ----- (Q.) How could a beast be loved by someone so kind and understanding? (A...
1.8K 93 17
This is a world where power and dominance stand above anything and everything else. This is a world where you don't want to run around in the dark. ...
8.4M 404K 46
I was sure the worst thing to ever happen to me would be being kidnapped, and sure, that was pretty bad. However, what was worse was being kidnapped...