Broken Arrow of Fate (Broken...

Oleh Creality

They said that cupid hit us with an arrow to fall in love. They said that it is fate who controlled our life... Lebih Banyak

Broken Arrow of Fate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Happy New Year!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
EPILOGUE

Chapter 13

169 1 0
Oleh Creality

Why?

On that night where my family met him, I realized how lucky I am to have him and how I really love the family I have.

They treated him with respect and without judgement. They didn't ask him any offensive questions while we are having dinner. Even Kuya is behaving so well and not trying to piss me off, well I am his favorite though. My twin is just silently observing him while we are eating earlier.

Everything-went smoothly. From the time he arrived in our house, using the car he borrowed from his grandfather. Then I fetched him on the gate, my family welcomed him warmly and with a bright smile.

Carlo brought my father a wine, same to Kuya, a bouquet for me, my twin and my mother.

And I knew he was nervous; I can feel it when I held his hand the moment he arrived in front of our house. But then he faced my parents with confidence that I thought he is not nervous anymore, not until he honestly told them that he is nervous because this is his first time meeting them and first time having a girlfriend, so it's a new experience to him.

Yet, even if he's nervous, he answered every question that they are asking him a while ago. About his course, his goals in life, his family, just questions about his life and himself.

He loves the food my mom prepared. I knew I, based on the way he ate it even if he's busy listening to my parents. He is eating happily. He is like that when he loved the food. Although, mom really specifically asked me his favorites, it's still different when he love how it cooked.

My father and brother also respected the fact that he is not into business. They didn't ask him anything related to business, yet he is sometimes saying his opinions when they asked him too. He even shared that his Lolo has a business, so he knew some things, yet he's not into business field.

And my twin just observed him, she didn't ask him anything not like my parents and Kuya. But she smiled at him and it's a great thing, my twin won't smile to someone she doesn't like.

And right now, we are on the last part of our meal. The dessert.

"You looked familiar though" my twin finally spoke and we looked at her. She sipped on her wine and frowned. "Aren't you the guy who were with my twin while waiting for our service before?"

"Yes, before I shifted to nursing, I always made sure that I will wait with her for her service so I am sure that she's safe before I go home. It made me calm with that thought that she's already inside the van before I looked for my own ride home" Carlo answered.

"Thank you for doing that hijo" mom sincerely thanked him and then they proceed on asking him more questions.

"So, you're grandfather actually owned the Lumier Winery and the AV Mall?" Kuya asked this time and of course, all of them are attentive on him. Well, I am attentive as well, because I don't know the answer, he don't usually talk about his Lolo and the business, so obviously I don't know.

"Opo, but he's staying lowkey as he don't want to be involve about media anymore, not like before that he's really in every news broadcast" he answered casually while looking at my father and brother.

They continue talking and asking him questions, and even took him away from my side... for a more private meeting with him.

So, now Kuya, our parents and him is currently on the garden. While I am with my twin and just staying at the living room, waiting for them. Just talking about her opinions about my boyfriend, her observations and just about me having a boyfriend now. She wants me to make sure that Carlo won't hurt me and I am sure of that. I am even sure that he will be my husband in the future.

"Thank you for surviving the night" I chuckled when I walked him to the gate.

"I came here prepared and confident that I will survive the dinner. I don't have bad intentions in entering your life, I don't plan to hurt you. So, I am not really scared that I won't survive the night" he held my hand and gently caressed the back of my palm.

"I'm proud of you. You did well in there, they like you as you, my love" I looked at our hands and smiled before I looked back to him. "You're so brave and honest and funny at the same time. You're you and I love you as you"

"My love is being sweet, unfortunately, I can't kiss you in front of your house. Don't tempt me with your sweetness" I laughed at his words and looked in our house.

"Then, we can just hug" I stated and he softly hugged me. "See you again after my last few weeks of travelling. I will start working and studying again, once I came back here. I will still be busy, just like you. But at least I am closer to you soon"

"Closer like this, my love?" he asked and I looked up to him while he's hugging me.

"Mas close pa dito, we can even start living together once I came home after my vacation" I suggested and he frowned before he laughed.

"Stop giving me ideas, I am still studying in med school. I still have residency. Wala pa akong trabaho para sa magiging pamilya natin" seryosong sabi niya at ako naman ang tumawa.

"I am just joking, my love. Don't worry, wala munang talian na magaganap hanggang wala tayong ipon at maipupundar para sa magiging anak natin" unti-unti siyang tumango at niyakap ulit ako.

"I can still propose anytime though. But I will marry you someday, once I have savings for our future family" he whispered and I smiled. "How about five children?"

Hinampas ko siya dahil sa narinig ko.

"Ang dami. Dalawa lang. Mas better if kambal na ang anak natin. Pero hanggang dalawa o tatlo lang dapat at kahit anong gender, basta ikaw ang tatay at ako ang nanay" natatawang sabi ko habang iniisip ang magiging future naming dalawa.

He will surely spoil our children and I need to balance it, because I am sure he's going to have a weak heart to ignore them.

I will spoil my future children too of course, but not the way this man can spoil them. Too much is not healthy, so I won't spoil them too much. Same to the other form of how parenting works.

"We will have a future with each other. It won't be always in a happy ride, but at least we're beside each other even to the toughest ride the life can give to us" he said and released me from his warm hug, before he kissed the top of my head and smiled at me. "I'll make sure of that future"

I nodded and smiled at him.

"I knew we will have that future. I knew we will" I then checked the time. "It's late, you need to go home now, my love"

"Hmm" he hummed and kissed my forehead, before letting go of my hand. "Good night and thank you for the dinner. Now, I will go home and see you again after few weeks"

"Yup, we'll see each other again soon. Thank you for being you tonight. Drive safely" I stepped back and he did a flying kissed that made me laughed. "I love you, silly boyfriend"

"I love you even more"

Batanes is the last city I decided to visit. And right now, I just landed to the place they call Philippines' New Zealand.

"I just arrived at Batanes, I won't stay long though and soon we will travel this place together" I took a video of myself and sent it to Carlo.

He's currently in class and he don't have time to communicate with me right now.

The tour guide I hired welcomed me and she's an employee to the hotel where I checked in.

"You will enjoy the hike ma'am, we will be with the other hikers and tour guides that were checked into our hotel. Is it okay for you?" she asked me while she is orienting me about rules and regulations. About the places we will visit.

"It's okay, don't worry. I don't mind having crowd around me" I answered and she smiled.

She proceeded on orienting me until we arrived at the hotel with a mountain view.

"This place is full of nature" I commented and thanked the staff when she gave me a juice as a welcome gift.

I saw so many foreigners arrived and roaming around the hotel's lobby. This is a five-star hotel, I expect nothing less but a good service.

"It is known for its beauty ma'am" my tour guide replied and I smiled. That's why I included it on my trip and it is the last city I will visit before I start another journey.

She assisted me to the receptionist and before I went to the elevator, she told me our call time for tomorrow.

We will hike early in the morning tomorrow, and I am not really into exercise shit, but hiking isn't that bad. Although, my twin will love it more than me.

After my dinner, I went to the pool are located at the top floor and just ordered some cocktail while waiting for Carlo's call. He said he's already on the way home. Nasa jeep na daw siya kaya hindi pa niya ako matawagan.

The view from the pool side is all about nature. Not like in Manila, where I can see the city lights once that I am in a rooftop. Here, I can see the beach, I can even hear the waves crashing on the shore. There are some noises from different source of sounds, but everything is peaceful here. Well, mas madami ang land dito, kaysa sa dagat, pero okay lang naman sa'kin.

From a loud woman like me, I never thought I will like this kind of peace.

My twin or even Carlo will surely love it here. They can study anywhere, because there won't be any distracting noise that will get their attention away from the books.

"Ma'am" I looked behind me and I saw a waiter, giving me a cocktail drink. It is color sky blue and with a lemon on the wine glass. "Someone wants to give you a drink, as a welcome gift"

I frowned and suspiciously looked at the drink. Welcome drink?

"It's my first day here, yes. But who wants to give this to me?" I asked and he smiled genuinely.

"Don't worry ma'am, I am the one who made this and he just ordered it, telling me to give this to you because it's your first time here. He's been a guest here for a week now and he's a nice man"

I sighed and thanked him before I got the drink and taste it.

"Not bad" I commented and smiled when I saw a message from Carlo, saying he'll call me in a few minutes so I should be ready for it.

I continue drinking the cocktail, bit by bit until he finally called me. He is in his usual spot inside their house.

"Baby" I excitedly stated and he chuckled with blushing cheeks. This is the first time I called him baby and I don't like that endearment, but I don't mind and I won't use it everyday though.

"What's with the baby endearment, my love?" he asked and lean on the chair, while eating banana-cue.

"Nothing, I just like to use it now. Do you think that endearment is already common?" I asked and sipped on the glass again.

He frowned while looking at it, his eyes even followed it while I am putting it away.

"Nah, it's okay. As long as it's you who's going to call me that, then I am not going to complain about it, no matter how common it might be" he replied. "So, you're in the pool side, right?"

"Yup, I will relax for now. I will have a long hike tomorrow morning e" I answered and took a sip again.

"Alam kong alam mo ang limit mo sa alak, but I will still remind you. Masama ang sobra, 'wag masyadong uminom kung alam mong mabilis kang malasing" seryosong paalala niya at tumango naman ako.

As he stated I knew my limits, especially with alcoholic drinks. Ang bilis kong malasing, kaya wala sa plano ko ang maglasing at uminom ng madami, lalo na at mag-isa ako. Mas delikado.

"Yup, I swear, I won't drink a lot. Siguro mga dalawang cocktail or drink lang, okay na ako dun. Mag-swimming na ako at babalik ng kwartopara matulog kaagad. We have an early day tomorrow, because the plan is to watch the sun rise"

"Alright, much better. Set your alarm, okay. I knew you won't wake up early in the morning, unless you have an alarm or someone is waking you up" he reminded me again and I nodded. "Then, drink a hot chocolate once you're already in your room, so you can sleep better. Don't leave your phone while it's charging, so before you go to sleep, take it out on the socket. Hmmm" he then stopped to think.

I watched him while he is thinking of probably other things to remind me.

"Make sure to eat something before you leave the room tomorrow, buy something that you can reheat tomorrow or maybe just noodles or eat in the restaurant of the hotel, just so you can eat your breakfast tomorrow. You knew what to bring when you're going to hike, but don't forget bringing your water, power bank, phone, flashlight and the kit I gave you, even if you can protect yourself, it's still a help to you. And then first-aid kits, all the things you might need, but don't put something extra that it will be hard for you to carry your bag while hiking. Just put the necessary first, then those unnecessary things will be the last thing you need to put it your bag. Your tracker is on, so I will just check in case I won't be able to contact you"

After all the reminders, I just chuckled and did a salute to him.

"Thank you, Daddy" I laughed when he frowned and glared at me.

"What is that!?" he hilariously asked me and I laughed. "Don't call me that, it sounds off." He sighed as if it's really a big problem to him and I smiled. "I respect your parents, especially your father, my love. He is the first man who loves you and he is the first man who set your standards"

"Okay, my love. I'm just teasing you"

"I knew that" he sighed and looked at me. "But don't call me that, well unless if you know" he added meaningfully and I laughed so hard because I knew what is he talking about.

"You're so funny, my love. You really knew how to be funny when you don't intend to be funny at all" he smiled while I am still busy laughing.

I remembered what he stated and it made me laughed again.

"And she's not done laughing yet" he commented while watching me.

"Give me a sec to collect myself" I laughed. "It was just really funny, when it supposed to be a dirty joke"

After convincing myself not to laugh again, I asked him about his day so that I won't have time to think about what he said earlier.

"You're going to prepare for your internship soon. Then at the same time, you will review for your board exam after your graduation. My man is so booked" I said after listening on him. He said the doctors are telling them to prepare for their internship next year, and after that I knew that he will review for boards the same time of his internship.

"But once you're home here, I swear to date you even just once a month. I don't want to let the month pass without seeing you, when you're already in Manila"

Tomorrow morning, I woke up not because of my alarm but because of his call. He said, my alarm might not wake me up, so he called me instead. Well, he has an early class schedule today, so he didn't sleep anymore after calling me.

I went to the lobby after I make sure I brought everything I will need for the hiking and also with a food on my stomach.

There are at least ten hikers, excluding me and the guides. And they will be the group I am going to join with for today's hike. Some of them are foreigners and some were I think a Filipino.

"Good morning" I greeted them politely. They greeted me nicely too.

"Are you a Filipino or a foreigner?" one of the men asked me. They are obviously foreigners and a total of at least four people in their group. Three men and one lady. While the other hikers were waiting with us too. We are just waiting for the van and we are of to go already.

"I am a Filipino, but it is my first time visiting Batanes" I answered and looked at them. "And you guys are obviously from a different country, is this your first time visiting Batanes?"

"Yup, but this is not our first day here. We've been here for a week now, but this guy here wanted to hike today again, so might as well join him because we only have three days left before we leave the country" the lady answered and I looked at the guy she pointed.

I smiled and nicely greeted them again. He was about to say something, but then our ride arrived.

And because I am just a loner, like in the whole group there are at least three group of circles. Four members for the foreigners I talked to a while ago. Three members for another group of friends, then a couple and their child maybe. And I am on my own, I don't mind though. But then, because of that, I let them go in the van first, as I decided to be the last one to enter.

"Do you want to be at the window seat?" the foreigner guy the girl pointed a while ago, suddenly asked.

"It's fine. I'll let everyone go in before I settle myself to any seat" I answered while watching the hikers settle for their seat.

"You can have the last row seat near the window" he offered nicely and I can clearly hear the accent in his tone.

"No, it's really fine. I can take any available seat once everyone settled down already" I replied and pointed at the van, when it's his turn to go. "Go in"

He sighed and frowned, before he gets inside.

"Ang kulit naman nun" sabi ko at natawa ang tour guide sa'kin, pumasok na ako at nasa may dulo na ako dahil wala ng seat sa first and second row.

And the guy didn't seat on the vacant spot near the window. He smiled at me and pointed at the seat beside him.

"Thank you" I stated and he nodded.

The travel started and some of the hikers fell asleep while we are on the way. I was about to close my eyes when I saw a neck pillow in front of me.

"You'll have a hard time sleeping if you don't have a pillow. You can use mine, I won't sleep" he nicely offered again and I looked at the pillow.

It's nice of him, but he might need it later and he's still a stranger. Baka mamaya type lang ako nito kaya mabait at kapag ni-reject ko masamang tao naman pala.

Well, I shouldn't judge him and I shouldn't assume, but sa ganda kong 'to, guys easily like me.

"It's really okay. Don't worry about me, Kuya" I politely declined his offer and he frowned.

"Kuya? What does it mean?" he whispered and looked at the pillow on his hand. "Are you sure? I'm worried you might bump your head in there" he added and pointed at the window.

"I am sure, don't worry. You can use it when you're sleepy" he slowly nodded and let me be in peace.

Looks like I can sleep now. The beauty of the nature cannot be seen right now, since it's still dark outside. So, I just closed my eyes and took a nap.

"Got hots on that chic?" I heard while my eyes are still closed, yet I am already awake.

"Shut up" I heard the guy beside me. "Shut your mouth or I will stitch it myself"

"That's scary dude, knowing you knew how to stitch a human flesh" I heard the girl this time. Then someone chuckled.

I let a few minutes passed before I opened my eyes and I saw that it's still a bit dark outside. Then a few minutes passed when we already stopped.

The tour guides opened the door for us and oriented us on what's about to happen today, even if they already oriented us yesterday.

When the hike started, I chose to be in the middle. Ayaw kong magpahuli o manguna, mag-isa pa man din ako.

"I am questioning my life's decision right now" I stated while hiking and because it's still a bit dark, I am having a hard time.

I heard someone chuckled.

"Why?" I asked and looked up, the guy who spoke to me is actually in front of me.

Kanina ang nasa harapan ko lang ay yung kaibigan niyang babae, paano siya napunta dyan.

At bakit siya tumawa? Tinawanan ba niya ako?

"Why are you chuckling?" I asked and frowned at him. He shrugged and continue hiking. "Weirdo" I commented

For the whole hike, I am just questioning why did I decide to do this early at the morning when I should be sleeping?

I sat on the ground when we finally reach the peak and I immediately got my tumbler to drink.

"Shit, this view is really to die for" the guy spoke, yes, I familiarized his voice already. I rolled my eyes and lie on the ground after drinking.

Everyone is busy resting, some are taking pictures, while I am just looking at the sky. The sun is almost rising now, so I set my phone to capture the moment.

"I'm Warren" here he is again. Kaunti na lang iisipin ko ng gusto niya talaga ako. Nakahiga pa rin ako at hinarangan niya ang view ko.

"I'm taken" I replied and looked at him. His lips parted and chuckled.

"Ms. Taken. So, why?" he asked and I frowned. "Why are you alone in your trip?

"Because I want to. So, why?" I asked it this time. "Why are you disturbing me right now?" I sat up and frowned at him.

His eyebrows twitched and he slowly smiled.

"I'm interested to know you" he replied as if I didn't tell him that I am already taken. "You're the first woman who got my interest"

"And I just said I am taken. Do you want me to repeat it?"

"No need. I understand that. But that doesn't mean I am not interested anymore" he answered and I sighed. "You being taken won't stop me from liking you"

He is really stubborn huh!

"Just stop. I won't entertain you anyway, I am taken. I can be just a friend to anyone, but not something more than that" I answered him in all honesty and he nodded.

"Then, you don't mind if I will be a friend, even if I like you?" he asked and I frowned.

Ang kulit, mukhang mas pipiliin pa niyang maging mag-kaibigan kami kahit gusto niya ako. Anak naman ng tinapa o.

"No, I don't mind. It's your choice and I won't have a hard time because I am just going to treat you as a friend" I said and sighed. "But a friendly advice, it's better if we were just a casual stranger to each other"

"Why?"

I was about to answer when my phone rung and my love's name appeared on my screen.

"Because I said so" I spoke and answered Carlo's call.

***

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.2K 495 19
ONC 2024: In college, it was a case of wrong place/wrong time. Eight years later, they have a second chance. But will they take the leap? ___ Prompt...
63.6K 4.1K 68
"Do you have enough courage?"...
52.6K 2.2K 43
We make promises to our loved ones to assure them that they are really important to us and we will cherish them forever. Are we able to do that?? Wit...