Adventures In DuckTales: Seas...

By SealiaMcC

With one year in the DTU and Season 1 wrapped up, things are looking awesome for my life here in DuckTales! S... More

Introducktion & Storyline
Adventures In DuckTales Facts
The Most Dangerous Game... Night (A Louie (Fenton) Story)
The Town Where Everyone Was Nice (A Sea/Donald (Louie) Story)
Storkules In Duckburg (A Sea/Louie (Fenton/Huey) Story)
The Depths of Cousin Fethry (A Sea/Huey Story)
Last Christmas (A Sea/Dewey/Wade (Fenton) Story)
What Ever Happened to Della Duck? (A Della Story)
The 87 Cent Solution (A Sea/Huey Story)
The Golden Spear (A Donald/Della Story)
INTERLUDE
Nothing Can Stop Della Duck (A Della/Sea (Donald/Fenton)Story)
Raiders Of The Doomsday Vault (A Dewey/Della (Scrooge/Sea) Story)
The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee (A Sea/Fenton(/Della) Story)
Friendship Hates Magic (A Sea/Lena (Della) Story)
A First Time For Everything (A Della/Fenton Story)
The Duck Knight Returns (A Sea/Shayla (Launchpad/Della) Story)
What Ever Happened To Donald Duck? (A Wade/Dewey/Webby (Donald/Penny) Story)
Happy Birthday Doofus Drake (A Wade/Louie/Goldie (Huey/Della/Fenton) Story)
1K READS & SealiaMcC Q&A
A Nightmare On KillMotor Hill - Sea's Special Surprise (A Sea/Lena Story)
The Golden Armory of Cornelius Coot (A Sea/Wade/Webby (Shayla/Della) Story)
Timephoon (Louie/Huey (Della) Story)
GlomTales! (A Louie/Glomgold/Della story)
The Richest Duck In The World (A Sea/Louie/Della (Fenton/Scrooge) Story)
Moonvasion: Fear & Lies (A Scrooge/Della/Louie (Fenton/Sea) Story)
Moonvasion: Truth & Heroism (A Scrooge/Della/Louie (Fenton/Sea) Story)
THANKS FOR READING!

Treasure of the Found Lamp (A Sea/Wade (Huey/Scrooge) Story)

55 3 0
By SealiaMcC

NARRATION:

A masked figure, a man on a mission, rides a motorcycle in the desert. He is a warrior of the past and seeks his destiny, a special lamp that has been passed down for centuries in his family. His name was Djinn. As he comes to the edge of the desert, he sees a cargo ship headed off the coast of the desert island. Djinn drives his motorcycle as fast as he can and jumps it off the dock. He then jumped off his motorcycle and over to the departing ship while jamming two knives onto it in order to climb aboard. Djinn snuck on board and hid until the day turned to night. As Djinn lies between two cargo crates hiding on the ship, he is later able to make his way stealthily throughout the city of Duckburg towards McDuck Manor.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Inside McDuck Manor, the Duck Boys were getting ready for bed. Djinn didn't care what the time was; he was on a mission. Using his athleticism, he jumped from a nearby tree and caught the frame of the boy's bedroom window. Huey was oblivious for the moment, calmly brushing his teeth, until he saw Djinn's shadow. He nervously turned around and yelped as he noticed him. Djinn lowered his mask that covered his nose and mouth and stared at Huey with a serious expression. Huey nervously glanced at the opened window and the bedroom door. He yelled for Scrooge.

Huey: Uh UNCLE SCROOGE? Someone is here to see you!

No sound came from behind the door; Huey gulped, scared at Djinn. Djinn stared at Huey questioningly and harumphed.

Djinn: I will return...

Djinn suddenly jumped clear out the window and onto the driveway. Huey gapped at the empty window in shock. Dewey and Louie yawned and entered the room.

Dewey: Night, guys.

Louie: Night Dew, night Hue...

They both got into bed and were already half asleep. Huey gestured to the window.

Huey: You... you guys didn't see that ninja man just enter and jump out the window?!

Louie: Huey, you clearly need sleep...

Huey took one more glance out the window and took a deep breath before heading to bed. He barely slept.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

The next morning, Huey groaned as he woke up. He hadn't slept well; the image of that ninja man staring at him, like a lion in wait of its prey, kept him from getting a good night's sleep. He performed a quick stretch but just as quickly ran to the window. There was no sign of the ninja man. He sighed and shook his head at himself. He must've imagined the whole thing the other night and was getting anxious over nothing. Huey went back over to his and his brother's triple bunk bed and shook the ladder to shake the bed and wake them up.

Huey: Morning guys!

As Huey headed for the door, Dewey suddenly dashed beside him, swung open the door, and darted for the bathroom.

Dewey: MY TURN!

Huey gapped angrily and darted after him.

Huey: DEWEY, IT'S NOT YOUR DAY!

Huey had a schedule for him and his brothers to follow each day: Monday, Huey had the bathroom to himself for 5 minutes first, Tuesday was Dewey in the bathroom for 15 minutes first, Louie had the bathroom for approximately 7 minutes, and so on, so forth each day of the week. Dewey turned the corner and screeched to a halt when the ninja stood at the bathroom door! Dewey gasped and fell forward due to Huey following behind him. They both couldn't take their eyes off of the ninja man. Louie turned the corner and walked to the bathroom door. He paused to see his brothers gapping at the ninja man and him at them with a serious expression. Louie opened the bathroom door.

Louie: Eh, I've woken up to worse things in this house...

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Fast forward to thirty minutes later...

Scrooge is made aware of the ninja man's presence and his identity, and Huey, Dewey, and Webby have been assigned to keep him company while Scrooge searches for the treasure Djinn seeks. Dewey and Huey are still really nervous about having Djinn in the mansion unannounced. Webby was so excited to meet someone as mysterious as Djinn seemed. He looked at the three of them on the couch adjacent to his seat. Huey decided to break the silence between the four of them.

HUEY'S POV:

Huey: Uh, so Mr. Djinn... can I get you something while you wait for my uncle? A Pep or something?

Mr. Djinn never changed his serious-looking expression; he stood up leaned over the coffee table, and opened the strange scroll he had brought with him.

Djinn: I am in no mood for Pep. I seek only the Lamp of the First Genie!

He showed us the scroll as he spun the tale of his treasure.

Djinn: A sacred relic of untold value that the last of my line has sworn to protect for all of time!

He shook a fist in the air as he proclaimed,

Djinn: Today, on the Eve of the Ifrits Dawn, my quest must come to a triumphant conclusion...

He suddenly got extremely close to Dewey, Webby, and my face! We cowered back up against the couch and whimpered in a whisper!

Djinn: Or the consequences may be dire!

I tried to ease the awkwardness of us being alone with Mr. Djinn.

Huey: How about Diet Pep?

LOUIE'S POV:

Uncle Scrooge had Ms. Beakley, and I followed him to find wherever he hid the lamp or whatever this Djinn guy's treasure was. Uncle Scrooge opened a black chest and started digging through it.

Scrooge: I know that lamp is in here somewhere... I found it years back and shoved it along with the treasure of Collie Baba.

Ms. Beakley walked up next to Uncle Scrooge, annoyed. Uncle Scrooge stopped and looked at her.

Beakley: Perhaps if you had told literally anyone about it instead of locking it away...

Uncle Scrooge gave her an irritated look as he got out of the chest and closed it up.

Scrooge: There's nothing to tell! It's just a cheap bauble, not worth all the hard adventure it took to get it. Big waste of time. Why would I tell anyone about that?

Ms. Beakley shook her head in disbelief at Uncle Scrooge. I had eyed another chest in a darker area of the garage. I ran over and pulled it out for Uncle Scrooge to see.

Louie: I found it! It's gotta be one of these!

I started to pull some of the lamps out of the chest.

Scrooge: It's none of those. The lamp Djinn is looking for is worthless. I inspected it personally!

I pulled out something that didn't look like a lamp; curious, I opened the lid.

Scrooge: No genie, no mystical properties, no—NO!

Uncle Scrooge darted towards me! Suddenly, a blue mist seeped out of the lamp, and I dropped it not wanting to touch it! Some sort of vortex opened and blasted wind at Uncle Scrooge! He fought against it and snatched the strange lamp from the floor and closed the lid! He looked at me angrily; I stared worried at him.

Scrooge: That's the Ferryman's Flame! It lights the way to the land of the dead!

Louie: How is anyone supposed to know about anything in here?!

Uncle Scrooge helped me up.

Scrooge: Because I know! That's all that matters!

Uncle Scrooge came over to the chest I had pulled out and closed the lid with the top of his cane.

I groaned and rubbed my forehead.

Louie: Then what does the right lamp look like? So that we're not in here all day looking for it!

Scrooge: It's a faded bronze oil lamp with a scalloped pattern on the lid.

I realized I had seen a lamp like that before, but... I knew for a fact it wasn't here. I cringed and scrunched up my face nervously.

Louie: H'boy...

Scrooge: What? What is it Louie...

Louie: I might have... accidentally sold it...?

Scrooge: You what?! When did you sell it?!

Louie: At a yard sale...

Scrooge: What do ya mean yard sale?!

Uncle Scrooge's anger echoed throughout the entire mansion. I was sure Djinn heard it.

HUEY'S POV:

Out from the silence, Uncle Scrooge's voice, clearly angered, echoed throughout the mansion. Mr. Djinn glanced at the door where we heard the echo.

Scrooge: What do ya mean yard sale?!

I tried to divert his attention.

Huey: Uh, so... did you see last weeks episode of Ottoman Empire?

I quickly grabbed the remote and aimed it at the tv and turned on the Ottoman Empire's channel. As soon as Johnny and Randy came on the screen, Mr. Djinn stood up and came and stood in front of the tv angrily.

Djinn: The Ottoman Empire? You refer to those dreaded invators that tried to destroy my ancestors for the lamp?! They failed miserably!

Mr. Djinn unsheathed his sword and swung it behind him, cutting a standing lamp's lampshade and some of the wood off the top. I stared at Mr. Djinn now terrified for my family's and my life! Webby perked up excitedly.

Webby: I like everything about you!

Dewey and I glanced at her; she was smiling super excitedly at Mr. Djinn as he put his sword back in his sheath. Luckily, to break any anger Mr. Djinn had towards anyone else, Uncle Scrooge walked into the tv room at just the right time! He seemed nervous though too.

Scrooge: So... funny thing about the lamp. Eh, you'll love this...

He stumbled on his words, making me even more nervous.

Scrooge: It appears I have misplaced it! "UGH..."

Mr. Djinn unsheathed his sword again and walked towards Uncle Scrooge. Uncle Scrooge looked scared for his life!

Djinn: You misplaced... the Lamp of the First Genie?! I SHALL RAZE THIS HOME!!!

Mr. Djinn started going mad with anger!

Djinn: Strip it to the rafters, brick by brick! And I will not leave! I will not stop! Until I find it!

He sliced the chair he sat in earlier, flipped the coffee table, and expressed his current state of mind with lots of motions and expressions! Louie came up beside me and spoke up with a somewhat confident tune in his voice. That could only mean he had a scheme up his sleeves...

Louie: Did he say misplaced? Uncle Scrooge meant to say stolen!

Uncle Scrooge stood beside Louie and joined him in on his scheme.

Scrooge: Yes, the lamp was stolen by a powerful figure. Oh, profoundly powerful.

Webby looked excited, I raised an eyebrow at her. I don't think she realized this was a scheme.

Webby: Ooh, like a wicked sorcerer? Or a powerful god like a Sumerian god, or maybe Greek?

Scrooge: Yes, Webby, a Greek god.

Uncle Scrooge added on, Webby nearly freaked out excitement.

Webby: OH! Do you think it's on Ithaquack?

Louie: Yep, sure is. It's way out on Ithaquack, oh, so Djinn, I guess you must be going.

Mr. Djinn considered all that we were telling him. He grabbed Uncle Scrooge by his hand and lifted him.

Djinn: Stolen? Then we must go to this Ithaquack and reclaim the lamp.

Scrooge: Yes, W-we?

So, it was official, Uncle Scrooge was leaving with Mr. Djinn to "find" the lamp. Dewey, Webby, Louie and I followed them out as they headed for the SunChaser.

Djinn: Scrooge McDuck, finder of the lamp. I swear allegiance to the courage in your veins. United, we have the power to meet justice.

Scrooge: Definitely! Ugh.

Webby, definetly not realizing this was a scheme, came up to Uncle Scrooge as he and Mr. Djinn were about to leave and opened her diary to help figure out which bad guy might have stolen the lamp.

Webby: So, I've compiled a list of possible foes. There's Hades, Apollo, and let's not forget Zeus.

Uncle Scrooge sighed and bluntly explained to her what was really happening.

Scrooge: Louie accidentally sold the lamp. This fellow will tear apart our home until we find it.

Louie: And if we don't, he might tear us apart.

Webby was a little disappointed that this was a fake adventure, but still willing to help nonetheless.

Scrooge: Webby, we need to keep him busy while you boys track it down. You think you could come up with some phony quest or trials to occupy him while—Webbigail, are you crying?

Webby WAS crying! She stared at Uncle Scrooge with a straight expression, tears in her eyes, and a glimmer in her eyes.

Webby: "This is my moment." A legendary quest by Webby Vanderquack. Get ready for the ultimate adventure, Mr. Djinn.

Webby pumped her fists in excitement. Mr. Djinn shouted inside the SunChaser.

Djinn: Tally not! The lamp awaits!

Webby squealed with glee as Uncle Scrooge started for the plane. Uncle Scrooge gestured for her to join Mr. Djinn and him. Webby shrieked with joy and ran inside the plane. Uncle Scrooge looked to Louie angrily with gritted teeth.

Scrooge: (To Louie) Find! That! Lamp!

We watched as the SunChaser flew away. Dewey turned to Louie and me excitedly.

Dewey: And so, the boys were left to their own devices on an impossible quest to right the careless wrong. Would it bring them closer, or tear them apart?

Louie and I shared a questioning look at Dewey.

Dewey: What? I like Djinn's dramatic flair.

I rolled my eyes and turned to face Louie. He jumped and sat up on the ledge of the coin fountain that was in the middle of the driveway.

Huey: So, you sold off a priceless artifact?

Louie: Again, I didn't know it held value! And I didn't sell it, and it was valued at three bucks, tops. I had put together a little yard sale of junk I found in the garage. Eh, I got bored after twenty minutes. So I unloaded the yard sale duties.

Dewey: You made Duckworth do all the work?!

Louie: It's his job. He lives for it.

Louie said this casually. Irritated, I threw my hands up in his direction.

Huey: Louie, He's a ghost...

Louie: And who am I to deprive him of a chance to feel alive again, Hubert?

I rolled my eyes at him again, if he wanted to play the name game, id play it, but there really wasn't time to argue either. Dewey jumped on the side of the coin fountain and went back into his dramatic flair for our new "adventure."

Dewey: With tensions high, the boys were left with no choice but to confront the one soul without a soul.

Sealia: HEY GUYS!

We all turned in surprise, Sea ran up the driveway and met us where we were standing! She didn't even seem out of breath.

Huey: Hi Sea, where did you come from?

Sealia: I figured I'd come see you guys and what you all were up to. Also, Dewey texted me, about ten minutes ago, saying there was an adventure.

Louie and I looked at him like, "Why would you want to bring Sealia into this mess?"

Dewey: What? Sea loves adventure! And who was I to not invite her and Wade to join in?

Huey: YOU BROUGHT WADE INTO THIS TOO?!

Dewey: He's gonna be fine! Webby and Uncle Scrooge are picking him up, he's going with them and Djinn.

I slapped my forehead in anger. Sea stepped forward.

Sealia: Huey, it's okay! I'm sure Wade can handle something like this! He's really good at acting out, so maybe he can help Webby keep this, Djinn guy, busy. Also, who's Djinn? I just got here...

Dewey: He's this scary guy, who kind of reminds me of a ninja, who is looking for a treasure passed down from his family to him; the Lamp of the First Genie!

Huey: UNFORTUNATELY, Louie had a yard sale and Duckworth sold it to someone!

Sealia: Nice one Louie...

Sea rolled her eyes at him and folded her arms.

Louie: Hey, it was Duckworth who sold it not me! But at least we have our first lead; we go see Duckworth first, easy enough!

Huey: Except for the fact that we haven't seen Duckworth in a week. Also, how are we supposed to find a ghost?

Louie's eyes lit up and he looked at us with a sly look on his face.

Louie: I have a very simple solution.

We all returned inside of the mansion and Louie left us in the kitchen to find something in the garage. He returned with a pirate-y looking fog lamp.

Sealia: What is that?

Louie: The Ferryman's Flame, Uncle Scrooge said it opens a portal to the land of the dead. It's gotta be where Duckworth is.

Louie opened the small door on the side and blue mist seeped out of it.

Huey: This doesn't feel simple Louie...

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

NARRATION:

Back in the SunChaser, Webby made Launchpad, who was flying the plane, stop by Wade's family's hotel and pick him up. He joined them and they started for Ithaquack. After Djinn was introduced to Wade, and he explained his story and quest to him, Scrooge and Webby pulled him to the side and explained what the real deal was.

Scrooge: I need your help to keep Djinn busy so that the boys have enough time to find the lamp before we head back to Duckburg.

Wade: So, what do you need me to do?

Scrooge: Djinn has pulled me in to be his righthand man on this quest of his; you and Webby will team up and come up with add-ons to lengthen this quest.

Webby: We're hoping Selene can help us too!

Wade: Who's Selene?

Launchpad: Ithaquack, on your right!

Scrooge looked out the window on his right, the island wasn't there. Confused, he ran to the left and looked out the window; the island was on the left.

Scrooge: Uh, Left Launchpad...

Launchpad: Buh?

Launchpad looked back at Scrooge confused, he held up his hands and made two "L's" to remind himself which way "left" was. Because of this, he took his hands on the steering yolk and the plane plummeted onto the island. Everyone except for Djinn groaned as they exited the SunChaser. With a serious expression, Djinn glanced at Scrooge as he walked out of the plane.

Djinn: I think you need a new pilot.

Wade and Webby followed behind Scrooge and Djinn, who walked them all up to the Temple of Heroes. The inside was dark; Webby ran and pulled Wade with her to the middle of the room where a gold bowl on a podium stood. Webby whispered to Wade.

Webby: "See that antechamber over there? There's a monster in there who we need to recruit for our stalling. Go let him know to act menacing and watch for my signals. Also tell him to let Selene know we need to borrow the Temple for today."

Wade nodded and ran to the antechamber, not realizing what type of monster he was, he nearly screamed as the monster emerged from the murky water and roared.

Charybdis: WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

Wade: Um, I'm Waden Duckson? I'm here with Webbigail, Webby, Vanderquack and friends...?

The monster softened and smiled at Wade.

Charybdis: Oh, why didn't you say so? Nice to meet you, I'm Charybdis.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

While Wade talked to the monster about his and Selene's part in this "quest," Webby continued with her own thing in the main hall. She lit a match and threw it into the bowl; a big fire started. Webby popped up behind it looking menacingly at Djinn.

Webby: So, you seek the lamp, huh?

Djinn nodded.

Webby: The gods of old bring all of the noblest heroes to the temple as a final test of their merits before rewarding them with the spoils. Each chamber will be a trial! Every trial harder than the last!

They entered the same chambers that Dewey, Sealia and Webby went into the first time they came to Ithaquack. The sea monster, Charybdis, emerged from the water.

Charybdis: Who dares wake me from my infinite slumber?!

Charybdis started to stumble trying to figure out what he should say next. Wade waved his arms wildly behind Djinn and pointed to Webby. Charybdis followed along with her signs, it wasn't ASL, but it was close.

Charybdis: Uh, what poor excuse for a hero believes he has what it takes to contain mighty Charybdis?

Scrooge was nervous as he watched Wade and Webby giving signs to Charybdis that he almost missed his cue.

Scrooge: Yeah, it-it is us, Scrooge and Djinn.

He had some lines written on his hand to go off of, they were a little smudged, but he could still read them.

Scrooge: Have at ye, you multi-armed monstrosity! HYAH!!!

Scrooge ran up to Charybdis and started whacking him in the stomach, but he was so big that it barely felt like a tickle. He picked up Scrooge with one of his tentacles. Accidentally, the tentacle was too tight around his waist and Scrooge let out a groan before continuing with the original lines he had.

Charybdis: "Sorry..."

Scrooge: Oh! Oh noooo! Oh, you blasted beast!

Charybdis made an action of making a hole in the temple wall, pretending to smash Scrooge into it. He sneakily hid Scrooge behind a huge rock. Djinn took the bait, thinking Charybdis had really hurt Scrooge.

Djinn: You've dispatched my most loyal and chivalrous ally. You shall pay!

Djinn pulled out a sling he had and picked up stone and flung it at Charybdis' middle eye. He whined in pain.

Charybdis: OW! Hey! I wasn't done with my scene.

Djinn: For the lamp!

Djinn charged at Charybdis! At the door of the antechamber, Selene peeked in at the "battle." Webby saw her and they both looked at each other. Webby gave her a thumbs up to let her know Djinn was preoccupied and that she could come in without being seen. Back where Scrooge was put down, and not smashed against the wall, Selene came up behind him. Selene smiled at Scrooge who sighed thankfully knowing it was really her, Selene was glad to see him after all this time. Sadly they didn't have time for a reunion.

Scrooge: Thanks for letting us borrow your temple, Selene. We have to keep this persistent paladin busy.

Selene: Why have a deadly temple if you're not going to use it, right?

Charybdis was still being pelted by the stones in Djinn's sling, he was on top of Charybdis now and was throwing the sling up and down, in and out of Charybdis' eye! He shrieked in pain!

Charybdis: MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE! THIS WASN'T THE SCENE!

Webby: No improv! Stick to the script!

Wade: "This is a little concerning Webby..."

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

SEA'S POV:

Huey, Dewey, Louie and I decided to change rooms; we went and hid in one of the alcoves. Louie messed with the lamp and opened it again.

Louie: So how does this work? Do I just call out to him, or, beh!

Suddenly, unlike before, the lamp hovered in the air as the blue mist poured out of the whole lamp and made a vortex like it had this morning. Louie took a step back and we stood together. Suddenly, without warning, a huge monster emerged from the vortex! It roared at us viciously! We screamed!

Dewey: That's not Duckworth!

Luckily, from a small part of the vortex, Duckworth appeared and held a hand up to the monster.

Duckworth: Francis, they're with me...

The monster looked at Duckworth understandingly and retreated into the vortex of the land of the dead. Duckworth looked back at us as we sighed in relief, only to scare us again by turning into his demon form! We held each other's arms and cowered back.

Duckworth: HOW DARE YOU INTURUPT MY LONG OVER-DUE VACATION!

Louie: Sorry, sorry, sorry! It was Huey's idea!

Louie pushed Huey in front of us.

Huey: WHAT?! No, it was Louie!

Duckworth looked at us annoyed and growled at us in his demon form. Huey cleared his throat nervously and got back on point.

Huey: We need to know who bought the lamp from the garage sale.

Duckworth turned back into his true form and gazed at nothing in particular as he reminisced about the yard sale.

Duckworth: I believe I sold it to a rakish gentleman. Said the lamp would go perfectly with the Persian rug he'd recently acquired. Unfortunately, he had no money until an errant breeze blew a crisp twenty-dollar bill directly into his open wallet. Quite a stroke of luck.

We all shared a knowing look, well, all except me; I hadn't mentioned I knew about Gladstone yet. I spoke up about it.

Sea: Who are y'all thinking of?

Louie: Our uncle, Gladstone, is super lucky all the time.

Dewey: He doesn't even try! It just happens!

Huey: If anyone in Duckburg is lucky, it's him!

Louie pulled out his phone.

Louie: Huey, find out where he is, I'll let Uncle Scrooge know!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

WEBBY'S POV:

Charybdis and Mr. Djinn had been fighting for more than ten minutes, and things were heated between them! Wade whispered in my ear.

Wade: "I feel like this has gone on long enough Webbs."

Webby: "I know, but I still gotta think about what's next!"

QUICK SCROOGE POV:

As we watched Djinn beat up Charybdis with reckless abandon, I looked to Selene. She was nervous for Charybdis. ("Sure he's a monster, but he's kind too!" Selene thought.) Suddenly my cellphone rang, I answered it.

Scrooge: Scrooge McDuck...

Louie: Uncle Gladstone has the lamp!

I groaned and rubbed my forehead.

Scrooge: That serendipitous dead beet... Call me as soon as you get it back!

I hung up and turned to watch the rest of Djinn and Charybdis' fight.

BACK TO WEBBY:

Djinn had tied up a few of Charybdis' tentacles and he was whining at Djinn.

Charybdis: I GIVE UP, YOU WIN! YOU WIN!

Djinn jumped down from Charybdis' head and landed gracefully on the Temple floor.

Djinn: I thank you, Charybdis, for the journey, and honor your role in the legend of the lamp.

Mr. Djinn pulled out his scroll and started to write in it about his fight with Charybdis. Uncle Scrooge came to Wade and my side.

Scrooge: We have to keep stalling. What now?

I looked at my diary nervously, I hadn't figured out what to do next, yet. I pulled my diary out of my backpack and opened it to the map I had of the Temple. Wade spoke up.

Wade: We're going to appendix B.

Wade said this confidently and pointed to the Garden of Selene on my map of the Temple. I smiled and nodded.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

MEANWHILE WITH HUEY...

We found Uncle Gladstone in a blimp! It said Gladyear on the side of it. Sea gave the blimp a questioned but weird stare.

Sealia: How is this not obviously weird to me?

Dewey: Probably because you've been on so many adventures with us. Let's go get that lamp!

We headed up and a butler let us pass after explaining that we're family, plus a friend. Uncle Gladstone sat in a lawn chair and was eating fish. He noticed us and smiled at our presence. He pointed and called each of us out by weird nicknames.

Gladstone: Dewdrop, Greener Pastures, Red Hat, Gray Girl! Can I offer you some refreshments? Some winning lotto tickets? How about a handful of diamonds I've found in a bag of ice?

Uncle Gladstone held out the bucket of diamonds. Dewey and I stared unamused at what his luck gave him. Sea stared confused, blinking and glancing between Uncle Gladstone's stupid wealth and him. Louie grabbed a handful but stayed serious.

Louie: There's no time for that. Where's the lamp?

Gladstone: Buh?

Huey: The ancient oil lamp you bought from our yard sale?

Sealia: We need it to save Uncle Scrooge!

Gladstone: Oh, that thing. No idea.

We all groaned.

Gladstone: I was walking back from your place, cheerfully singing my own praises when my melodious musings caught the attention of someone who wanted to buy the lamp. He wanted to pay me in, get this, sticky nickels? Ah, no, thank you. So, instead, I opted to trade it with him for my brand-new home.

Sealia: Who in their right mind would trade a blimp for an old beat-up lamp?

Gladstone: Some rich kid. Came out of a giant tree house.

Huey: Rich kid?

Dewey: Treehouse?

Louie: Sticky nickels?

Triplets: DOOFUS DRAKE!!!

Sealia: Okay, clearly there are friends of yours I still don't entirely know. And Doofus Drake is someone I'd remember if I knew who he was.

Louie gave Sea a scared stare, her eyes widened, and she looked at Dewey and I confused.

Louie: He's this really...

Dewey: Gross!

Huey: Snobby!

Louie: I was going to say, "a weirdly spoiled brat," but those work too!

Sea now looked as scared as we were. None of us wanted to see Doofus, but we also needed that lamp to save Uncle Scrooge. I sighed and looked at Dewey, Louie and Sea.

Huey: Well, like Uncle Donald once said, "If we're gonna keep our home afloat, we're gonna have to do things we don't want to do." I think that fits pretty well with this situation.

Dewey and Sea nodded. Louie gagged and groaned.

Louie: Just the thought of facing him again makes me feel sick!

Deep down, so did I.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

NARRATION:

Webby and Wade brought Djinn to the hall before the Garden of Selene. A drawn picture of a minotaur was hung up, by tape, above the walkway.

Wade: The Impossible Riddle of the Minotaur!

Webby: It can only be answered by the purest of heart!

Djinn nodded and continued into the hall with the replica of Ithaquack. Scrooge and Selene, dressed in a Minotaur costume, stood on the replica and tried to regain their balance. Scrooge was sitting on Selene's shoulders, but she was not as strong as her brother Storkules. She cringed as Djinn walked in when she and Scrooge finally regained their balance. Luckily he was oblivious to their costume, taking them as a real Minotaur. Scrooge used the lower regesters of his voice to sound more meancing to Djinn, though he doubted he'd ever scare Djinn.

Djinn: Minotaur. It is I, Djinn. The Efreet's Dawn nears and I seek the lamp that is my birthright. State your riddle.

Minotaur(Scrooge): Djinn, be thee worthy?

Djinn: Aye!

Minotaur(Scrooge): Are you sure?

Djinn almost caught on.

Djinn: Are you stalling?!

Minotaur(Scrooge): Okay, okay... the Minotaur's Riddle...

Under the costume, Scrooge gestured for the paper with the riddle on it. Selene passed it to him; As the Minotaur, Scrooge read the riddle out loud to Djinn.

Minotaur(Scrooge): "I'm more powerful than the gods, more evil than the demons. The poor have me, the rich need me. If you eat me, you shall die. What am I?"

Djinn looked to the side as he thought carefully about the riddle, Scrooge smiled under the costume.

Minotaur(Scrooge): Take your time. Heroes tougher than you have been stumped by the--

Djinn: "Nothing."

Scrooge was baffled.

Minotaur(Scrooge): I'm sorry, what?

Djinn: "Nothing" is more powerful than the gods. "Nothing" is more evil than the demons. The poor have "nothing." The rich need "nothing." And if you eat "nothing," you shall perish. Now let me pass!

Djinn stretched out his hand dramatically. Scrooge sat there defeated for a moment.

Scrooge(to Selene): That is correct...

But then he had another idea.

Minotaur(Scrooge): Next question!

Djinn: But I've answered your riddle.

Djinn was a little confused, they had not mentioned more riddles. Scrooge was actually buying Huey, Dewey, Louie and Sealia some extra time! Especially when Selene pulled out her joke book.

Minotaur(Scrooge): Well, it's really more of a quiz. So, a train leaves Duckburg traveling at sixty miles per hour...

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

MEANWHILE WITH THE BOYS AND SEA...

As the boys and Sea neared Doofus' treeshouse, Dewey started monolouging again.

Dewey: As they march to their next trial, a cold chill tickled their spines. The mad boy king of Duckburg could spell their doom.

Louie: You're not helping, Dewey.

Sealia: I kind of like it.

The boys looked at her blank faced. She smiled and used a funky accent.

Sealia: "It makes the adventure more interesting..."

Huey rolled his eyes at her.

Louie: Whatever! Some cheap piece of brass isn't worth all this trouble. Maybe we get Djinn a replacement lamp?

Huey irritated-ly grabbed Louie by his hoodie and pulled him around to face him.

Huey: Djinn monologued about this lamp and the Efreet's Dawn for ten minutes without blinking!

Louie looked to the side as if he was really thinking about this. He wasn't really, he started to run away. Sealia rolled her eyes and walked after Louie.

Sealia: I got him.

After a second, Sealia grabbed Louie by his hoodie and wrist. That way he couldn't escape his hoodie and still get away. Dewey and Huey came to her sides and helped her drag Louie back towards Doofus' treehouse.

Louie: No, no no! Come on guys!

Huey: Scrooge, Wade and Webby are counting on us!

Louie: Scrooge, Wade and Webby can take care of themselves!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

By now, Djinn had answered correctly though all the jokes Scrooge and Selene could think of plus Selene's entire joke book!

Djinn: "To see time fly." Now if there are no further riddles...

Inside the Minotaur costume, Selene looked up at Scrooge, worriedly, on her shoulders.

Selene: "That's the end of the joke book!"

Scrooge: "Ugh..."

Once again, Scrooge felt defeated until he thought of one more joke he could do. Scrooge made Selene walk them forward and Scrooge reached out at Djinn and exclaimed;

Minotaur(Scrooge): I got your nose!

Djinn stared at his nose, still attached to his face. Somehow, he still took the joke literally!

Djinn: Monster! Is it not enough to steal the lamp, but now you claim my nose as well?!

He pulled out his sword again and held it close to the costume's neck. Scrooge was terrified and was currently trying to keep his composure. He and Selene let Djinn pass, but not before pretending to put his "nose" back on. They both walked each other out of the room.

Minotaur(Scrooge): You may pass! You may pass...

Djinn: I thank you, Minotaur, for the journey, and honor your role in the legend of the lamp.

Once again, Djinn got on his knees and laid out his scroll to write on it. He wrote about the "Minotaur's Riddles." Djinn then stood back up and waited for the door to the Garden of Selene to open, it was going really slow. Scrooge was put down as Selene turned a corner.

Scrooge: "Any word from the boys or Sealia?"

Wade: "I tried Huey and Sea; nothing."

Webby: "Dewey's not answering either."

Scrooge groaned and pulled out his cellphone.

Scrooge: "I'll try Louie. Come on. Come on! What is take those kids so long?!"

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

None of the kids could currently feel their phones vibrations. The boys and Sealia were staring awkwardly and scared at Doofus. Doofus was playing a theremin as his butlers, his parents, were ballroom dancing to his music. They were just as scared of Doofus as the kids were. Huey tried to interrupt so they could get out quicker, but Doofus cut him off to finish his song. Doofus' parents ended with a flourish. Doofus looked up at the boys and Sealia with a smile that made them nervous.

Doofus: I call that one, Funtime Suntime.

He motioned for his parents to leave. Without switching to stand, they walked away in their flourish. Sealia stared at them with wide eyes as they walked away. Doofus already had their attention. He moved away from the theremin on a pair of roller skates that made him twice as tall as the boys and Sealia.

Doofus: Anyway, you were saying?

He rolled over to them and circled around them.

Huey: We weren't...

Dewey: You've been playing the theremin for an hour...

Sealia: "He's a whole new definition of weird..."

Louie held out his arms to get Sealia and Dewey to not say another word, it was very easy to offend or make Doofus angry! Louie nervously asked about the lamp.

Louie: Ha ha, hey buddy, yeah. Do you remember purchasing an old lamp recently?

Doofus: Hmm... Lamp? Lamp... Lamp...

He continued to say lamp as he performed weird stunts while in his tall roller skates. Sealia was getting all weirded out and was about to get even more weirded out! Doofus turned back to the four friends and explained what he did with the lamp.

Doofus: Ooh! You mean my syrup boat!

Louie: Yeah man. Sure. Okay, whatever...

Louie laughed nervously; Sealia whispered to herself.

Sealia: "gross..."

Doofus started close to the four kids, specifically, Louie.

Doofus: I needed it for my one-man flapjack jamboree. It was the perfect syrup boat... "until it ran out..."

The kids stared at Doofus the way a child would see a horror movie alone with the lights off... Louie and Sealia were the most grossed out and terrified of Doofus. He got close to both Sealia and Louie's ears and whispered creepily;

Doofus: "So I... DISPOSED OF IT..."

Sealia/Louie: Ugh! / Aah!

Dewey: It's in your trash?!

Huey: Why not just refill it?

Doofus: Oh, I no longer need a boat.

Doofus pulled out a toy whistle and blew into it. His father/butler came out of the elevator with syrup in his hands. Disgusted in what his son was making him do, and after pouring the syrup on the pancake stack, he asked;

Doofus' Father: May I wash my hands now?

Doofus: NO!

Suddenly, a noise came from below the treehouse.

Louie/Sealia: THE TRASHCANS!!!

The four kids ran to the edge of the deck of the treehouse to see the Beagle Boys taking the Drake's trash in their dump truck and taking it to their home: the Junk yard. The foru kids had just missed the dump truck as they ran out of the Drake's house/Doofus' Treehouse.

Louie: The lamp!

Huey: Is somewhere on that truck!

Sealia: This just keeps getting worse by the minute...

Dewey started monologuing again. The three friends watched Dewey with irritation.

Dewey: Cruel irony. One man's treasure is another man's trash, and—OOF!

Louie and Huey slapped the back of Dewey's head.

Huey/Louie: Cut it out Dewey!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Djinn stared determinedly at the door as it rose up from the floor, it was still going excruciatingly slow. Scrooge, Selene, Webby and Wade watched him from behind a pillar.

Wade: "The door's almost opened Selene!"

Webby: "What do we do now, Uncle Scrooge?!"

Selene: "I can't stall that door for much longer..."

Scrooge: If there's no lamp that marauder will have our hides for using a pointless to distract him from his pointless quest!

Scrooge's phone suddenly rang, quietly.

Scrooge: Yes?

Louie: The Beagle Boys have the lamp now!

Scrooge: Jumping jalopinous junk heaps!

Scrooge hung up on Louie, then pulled out a notebook and a pen. He wrote something down and gave it to Selene. She nodded and ran at the wall, suddenly the wall turned around and she went down a secret passageway! Wade gapped excitedly at the wall.

Wade: "Secret passages... Now that's cool!"

Just as the door had completely opened, Selene jumped on her pedestal, straightened her long blue dress and tidied her hair. She breathed heavily from her running. Djinn unsheathed his sword and stared impatiently at Selene as she still tried to catch her breath.

Djinn: I have proven myself. Where is it?

Selene: You made it... but, uh, before you completed the Minotaur's quiz, the nefarious—Wait! I wrote it down here...

Selene pulled out the note Scrooge wrote and looked at it again.

Selene: Ah! Ma Beagle stole the lamp and returned to Duckburg. Yeah, that's why I'm breathing heavily... I just fought her... Yeah...

Djinn looked curiously at her, from behind, Wade, Webby and Scrooge watched hoping Djinn was still oblivious. Selene held a big smile and giggled nervously.

Djinn: Then we must return to Duckburg!

Djinn raised his sword up, returned it to its sheath, and headed out of the Garden to leave the Temple. Selene, Scrooge, Wade and Webby sighed in relief.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Much later that evening, the six kids, Scrooge and Djinn started into the junkyard. Djinn shot a stone from his sling at one of the lights above the junkyard door. The 8 of them hid in the shadows and made their way fully inside of the junkyard. Beagles were asleep everywhere; everyone had to be extremely careful and quiet. The group slid down a mountain of rubbish and hid behind different items. Sealia found it humorous; Dewey just stared normally, but Webby watched through a broken picture frame, Huey stared out of a tire, and Louie stared out at the Beagles from behind a giant water jug! Sealia found it hard not to cringe and laugh. Wade saw this and went behind another tire and poked his head through it like Huey. Sealia had to hold her mouth; Huey looked over to see Wade looking the same way he was, and they both looked away and exhaled a quiet laugh.

Scrooge: "Kids, be quiet! This place is crawling with crooks!"

There were too many Beagle Boys to count!

Scrooge: "Let's wait for some to leave, grab that trinket, and we never speak of this ever again."

Everyone nodded and lowered themselves down a little more.

Djinn: But there is no time! The Ifrit's Dawn nears! If, by daybreak, the lamp is in the wrong hands, the consequences could be devastating!

Everyone started to quietly freak out about this, even though it had been addressed several times when Djinn was first introduced.

Scrooge: "But I examined it! The lamp had no powers!"

Djinn: Did you examine it on the Ifrit's Dawn?

Scrooge: "Well, no but..."

Wade: "Okay, this is getting serious now."

Huey: "Agreed. We need to find a way to sneak in without tipping them off, and then--"

Djinn interrupted Huey and shouted at the Beagle Boys!

Djinn: Treacherous Beagles! Hand over the lamp!

SEA'S POV:

I sighed, it was getting late and I didn't want to fight right now. All the Beagle Boys woke up and looked at Djinn angrily. Ma Beagle came out of her trailer with her curlers in and her nightgown on. She yelled at Djinn.

Ma: What is this garbage distracting me from my garbage?

Djinn: I am Faris Djinn. Seeker of the lamp. You knew the lamp's worth when you stole it from the Temple of Heroes.

Ma looked confused at Djinn. I felt bad for the realization Djinn would soon feel.

Ma: I didn't steal no lamp!

Djinn: The ancient token of my father's. The lamp of the first genie.

Ma's eyes got as big as saucers and she smiled real big.

Ma: A Genie lamp? Dibs! Take him out boys!

Ma turned to her left where Big Time had been sleeping in her lawn chair. She ran back inside of her trailer.

Big Time: You got it Ma!

He got up excitedly and jumped down to join the rest of the Beagle Boys. They all smiled menacingly and started cracking their knuckles. A few moments later, Ma came back out of her trailer in her normal clothes and straightened her hat.

Ma: If it's in my junk yard, that means someone threw it away and now it belongs to me!

Ma cackled at Djinn, he stared at her perplexed, he looked back down at Uncle Scrooge and us kids. We looked away sadly as we were ashamed of the lies we had to give him.

Djinn: Threw it away? Who would have-- And what of our quest? Has this all been a charade? A false quest to hide the fact that you cast aside the lamp as garbage?

Louie stepped forward beside Uncle Scrooge, I followed beside just in case Louie pinned the lost lamp on someone besides himself.

Louie: I'm sorry! We had no idea how much the lamp meant to you, or that it was a big deal! Uncle Scrooge tells us nothing—OW!

I elbowed him in the stomach, I gave him a hard stare; Louie corrected himself.

Louie: I mean, it was my fault! I'm really sorry Mr. Djinn...

Djinn looked down sadly at the Beagle Boys, but quickly recovered and raised his sword and shouted:

Djinn: For the Lamp!

He jumped down from the rubbish he was standing on and started attacking the Beagle Boys! Uncle Scrooge groaned and motioned for us to follow Djinn.

Scrooge: Come on kids!

We jumped out from behind the rubbish and started after the Beagle Boys. Djinn practically bounced off two Beagle Boys! He did a front flip off one's head and landed gracefully, he pulled out three arrows and aimed them at a Beagle Boy, pinning him unharmed to a rundown car! Webby, Dewey, and Wade pulled at a Beagle Boy's face, making him stagger. Webby exclaimed excitedly.

Webby: This is so much realer than my fake adventure!

Wade: You mean, "way more real!" But I'll accept your grammar mistakes! YAR!

Wade kicked the Beagle Boy in the gut and knocked him out. Uncle Scrooge called Huey, Louie and me.

Scrooge: Come on kids!

Ma called out to her boys.

Ma: Keep them busy! I'm gonna get me some genie wishes!

Ma used a crane's chain to slide down from her trailer and down to the ground for her to search for the lamp! Three Beagle Boys followed behind her. Louie, Huey and I started fighting off Beagle Boys; Huey used their flaws against them, Louie narrowly avoided them, and I used a little karate on a few. Uncle Scrooge fought off the Beagle Boys with his cane and was close enough to Djinn to apologize.

Scrooge: Djinn, I'm sorry I tricked you! If I had known what was at stake--

Djinn: Another chapter in the legend... A final trial before we find the Lamp!

Scrooge smiled at Djinn; he wasn't mad anymore. Djinn was using the situation as part of his story of his events of finding the lamp.

Djinn: It's all part of the journey!

More Beagle Boys came up behind me and the rest of us kids, we ran after Uncle Scrooge and Djinn. Louie screamed behind me. I grabbed him by his sleeve and pulled him to in front of me.

Sea: I gotcha Lou!

As Djinn and Uncle Scrooge started for wherever the lamp was, the rest of us kids scattered and ran away from the Beagle Boys, except for me. I whistled to Webby, she and I climbed up the rubbish and waited for the perfect moment to attack. Three Beagle Boys had just cornered Huey and Louie, Webby and I got on the top of the rubbish and made my way to them. Two more Beagle's joined the three; Huey and Louie looked away, scared, from the Beagle Boys. We jumped off the top of the rubbish in sync and attacked the Beagle Boys!

Sea: Stay away from my friends!

Webby: And this is for Louie! And this is for Huey!

Louie: JUST FIGHT!!!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

NARRATION:

While the kids fought off some of the Beagle Boys, Scrooge and Djinn made their way to the center of the junk yard to search for the lamp. Scrooge swam through the rubbish like he would in his money, he couldn't find the lamp in any of the rubbish on the ground. Dewey and Wade ran away from a big Beagle Boy and climbed up a pile of rubbish to hide in a broken car. Dewey screamed as he got close to him, Dewey jumped in the car and rolled up the window. The Beagle stared at him with an evil smile and laughed menacingly. Suddenly, a metal shovel whacked the Beagle Boy on the head, he fell down almost unconscious. Dewey opened the window and looked up on the roof of the car to see Wade spinning the shovel on his fingers and nearly stabbing the car as he smiled at Dewey. As Wade realized he was high enough to see everything in the junk yard, he turned around while on top of the car. Something glistened in the moonlight; it was the lamp! Wade looked for Djinn, who was cutting some trash that was above a Beagle Boy and buried him in the trash. Scrooge came up and coughed, looking to Djinn to let him know it wasn't in the rubbish.

Scrooge: BLECH! The Lamp could be anywhere!

Wade: Mr. McDuck! The Lamp, over there!

Scrooge and Djinn looked up at Wade and followed a path to where he had pointed. Now standing in the middle of the junk yard, Scrooge and Djinn could see the Lamp, resting on the top of a pile of rubbish.

Scrooge: There!

Djinn: Misbah, the Lamp...

Djinn got on one knee and bowed before the Lamp, Scrooge stared at him questioningly, but didn't have time to ask about it. Ma was already climbing up one side of the pile of rubbish the Lamp was on, the rubbish was close to teetering if one was not careful.

Scrooge: Come on!

Scrooge started climbing up the rubbish as well. It was a race to the top! Back on the ground, a Beagle Boy dove after Djinn! Scrooge looked back at him, Djinn encouraged him to keep going!

Djinn: Go! Get to the Lamp! Before the Ifrit's Dawn!

The kids joined Djinn and more Beagles came their way, they all worked together to fight off the Beagle Boys while Scrooge climbed. At the top of the pile of rubbish, Scrooge and Ma Beagle pulled back and fourth on the spout and the handle of the lamp! The sun was coming up in the distance!

Sea: Scrooge! The sun!

Ma: Oh, no you don't!

Scrooge pulled harder, but Ma pushed him off the rubbish hill! Djinn was quick enough to save him before Scrooge fell to the ground. The friends watched in terror as Ma claimed the Lamp as morning broke through! She cackled in delight and started to rub the lamp!

Ma: IT'S MINE! I GOT IT! First wish: better kids!

All the Beagle Boys whined sadly, Sea couldn't blame them, that was a terrible thing to hear from someone. Especially your own mother!

Beagle Boys: Oh ma! Why you gotta be, so mean Mamma? That's not nice...

Nothing happened. No genie came out or anything. Just like Scrooge explained to Djinn before. Ma Beagle stared at the lamp extremely confused.

Ma: Hey! What gives? Where's the magic? The genie! THE WISHES!!!

Djinn toppled over laughing his head off, the kids and Scrooge watched him utterly confused.

Djinn: Is that what you thought? And actual living genie inside the Lamp?! You took that literally?!

Ma shook her head honestly and sadly and extremely embarrassed in front of her boys.

Scrooge: But you said it would be devastating in the wrong hands!

Djinn continued to smile and turned to face Scrooge and the kids.

Djinn: It's my birthday! And I can think of no finer gift...

Djinn pulled out his scroll and showed a picture of him holding up a birthday cake with the lamp on top of it. Louie looked at him angrily.

Louie: So why did we do any of this?!

Djinn: The story of the lamp goes back centuries. Back in olden times...

The kids and Scrooge leaned in close to see Djinn's scroll, he started to share the story of the lamp.

Djinn: My great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother discovered the lamp at a bazaar. After accidentally rubbing it, a genie did, in fact, emerge. Instead of asking for wishes, my grandmother befriended this lively, impish fellow, and they fell in love. When it came time to wish, my grandmother made just one: to free her love. Though he no longer had any magic, he granted her every wish as her devoted husband. Much like this lamp, the true magic was in their journey. And after centuries of searching, my family has finally reclaimed the totem that started it all.

Scrooge held the kids close to him, they all smiled compassionately at Djinn and his story. Ma spoke up angrily. Still standing on top of the rubbish, she readied herself to throw the lamp.

Ma: ENOUGH! Time to trash this piece of junk!

Djinn used one of his arrows, attached to a rope, and aimed it up at the lamp, it wrapped around the handle and Djinn pulled the lamp down to his side.

Ma: HEY!

Djinn pulled out his sword and readied it at the Beagle Boys.

Djinn: Would anyone else wish to test me on my birthday?!

All the Beagle Boys shook their heads "no."

Beagle Boys: Uh-uh! No way! Happy birthday, dude!

The group all headed back for the mansion, and since it was already daybreak, they started celebrating Djinn's birthday at the mansion!

SEA'S POV:

Beakley came in the dining room from the kitchen with a white cake with pink icing and one big candle in the middle. Dewey started monologuing again.

Dewey: A triumph for the family and their new ally! Having found both the lamp and the greatest treasure of all: a cool story to tell!

Louie booed him, Huey, Wade, and Webby thought it was sweet. I liked it; like I mentioned before, it made the adventure more exciting!

Scrooge: So, Djinn, what will you do now?

Djinn smiled at all of us, then at his lamp.

Djinn: Find a new quest. And let this lamp be the start of a whole new legend to share with my descendants.

He held the lamp high for us all to see.

Djinn: A treasure's greatest value lies in the stories it can tell us!

Djinn pulled out a party horn and blew it excitedly. We all smiled at him; I watched Uncle Scrooge pull out his dime.

Scrooge: "Stories" eh...?

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Much later that day, Uncle Scrooge invited us all to the Duckburg Museum to show us something. Wade brought Lucas in, and I brought Shayla in; Uncle Scrooge took us to a newer part of the Museum.

Scrooge: Scrooge: Welcome to the tax-deductible adventurers' wing of the Duckburg Museum!

It was filled with artifacts from some of Scrooge's adventures! We all marveled at the sight of all his treasures!

Scrooge: It was time for a little spring cleaning, and time to share these tales with you all, and everyone else in Duckburg.

Webby pointed to a giant stone in the middle of the room that was in a glass case.

Webby: What's special about this, Uncle Scrooge?

We all came over to see, even Shayla and Lucas!

Scrooge: That's the famed candy-striped ruby! It was a gift from the king of Rippintaro Island. You see, this was long ago, I was an ambitious young lad...

I will never get tired of hearing about Scrooge McDuck's first few adventures... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1K 27
Book Two!! (This is book/season two although you don't necessarily need to read the first one. However, it is highly recommended.) It has been about...
20.8K 520 11
With the invasion over and Lunaris defeated, everything was getting back to normal. At least, that's what Charlotte thought. F.O.W.L., the Fiendish O...
19.7K 616 28
When Dewey returned to the painting in the garage, he stared at it in wonder. The left and top side was ripped down till Scrooge's sword and the righ...