False God ✶ Jon Snow

By saturnsokas

I am the face of love's rage jon snow / asoiaf © heartofmortis, 2023 More

Vol.1 / These Violent Delights

I was there in the dark / when you spilled your first blood

604 25 239
By saturnsokas

False God / 2023

HER: Stop. Give me your hand. I am your friend.

HIM: I fear to stain your clothes with blood.

HER: Stain them. I don't care.

❛ You kiss the back of my legs and I want to cry. Only the sun has come this close. Only the sun. ❜

Birth is a woman's first sin.

Elia Dayne was born in the Light of the Seven. Raised to obey the God with many faces: Father. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Warrior. Smith. Stranger. But as a girl born in Sunspear and forced to move North after the rebellion that tore her family apart, the Seven do little to respond to her prayers. (Elia would rather devote herself to gods who listen, who understand, or to none at all.)

They say all women are fit for is marriage and motherhood. But what else? Elia screams to the sky when her mother dies in a pool of blood after pushing her youngest daughter, Elia’s half-sister, into a world that will never love her. (Therapist. Mother. Maid. Nymph. Virgin. Nurse. Servant.)

Dorne appreciates the strength of women far more than the other six kingdoms of Westeros but it remains a man’s world. The North has their own gods, and Elia wonders if they would heed her more than the Seven. (She has spent her life more Northern than Dornish.)

Elia craves change but stranded at the edge of the world, what can she do? Bound to the Night’s Watch under her brother’s name, there is no safety, no hope, no protection. And in this man’s world, she would die simply for being alive. The world will never change. (At least not until a woman sits on the Iron Throne and rewrites the laws of their country.)

When Elia’s hope fades when she succumbs to the knowledge that she will live her whole life praying to Gods who won’t listen that no one will learn what she is the White Wolf stalks into her life.

Jon Snow is no one. Just like her. He shares a name with thousands of Northern bastards and lives in the shadows of his true born siblings. The Bastard of Winterfell. Being raised near the centre of the North by her step-father, a distant cousin to Stark bannermen but made his living by farming, Elia saw glimpses of the motherless boy with dark curls. She saw him enough to remember his face not enough for him to remember her. Elia was almost jealous when she saw him in the village with his youngest sister, Arya. Even though he was a bastard, Jon's life had more safety than Elia could dream of. (Why are girls cursed to lay at the bottom of the barrel?)

She wants to change the world, but not for herself for the future. For girls to choose who they love, to choose how they live. For hope. But another war waits Beyond the Wall: the ultimate war over life and death. For when the Long Night takes its hold, only the strongest will survive. (Elia was not born strong men would never tremble under her gaze. But she was born to survive.)

🕊🗡☁️

Bruna Marquezine as
Elia Dayne / Athen of House Martell

SUN / SPARROW / NOBODY

❛ give me back my girlhood / it was mine first ❜

🐺🗡❄️

Kit Harington as
Jon Snow of Winterfell

MOON / WOLF / BASTARD

❛ i asked god to send me a swordsman / and god says “look at your hands” ❜

Part of the ❛ THE GREAT WAR ❜ trilogy

001. False God
Jon Snow x Elia Dayne

002. Lionheart
Robb Stark x Taryn Baratheon

003. Duel of the Fates
Margaery Tyrell x Rhya Stark

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

❦ Welcome to FALSE GOD!

AO3 TAGS: major character death, childhood friends to strangers to lovers, skylarys in a different font, slow burn, r+l=j, sun x moon, jon is bi ✨️, depictions of war, blood & injury, she fell first but he fell harder, will not include season 8!!, hurt/comfort, oc is mulan coded, patching up each other’s wounds, one bed trope, i don’t know how to tag this fic, feminism!!, labour by paris paloma, Female Rage

❦ I don’t know what the summary is. Um. We can move on from it. I might rewrite it, who knows. But what we can't move on from is Miss Elia, Feminist Extraordinaire! I don’t care if history hates women, I want my fantasy stories to be different. I don’t know how realistic anything about Elia’s character is,,, but when dragons exist, does a girl pulling a Mulan and replacing her brother in the Night’s Watch really seem so unlikely?

❦ As said, Elia is inspired by the character of Mulan in the Disney film of the same name. She was named after her aunt, Elia Martell (my girl deserved BETTER). She is very Ptolemaea by Ethel Cain / Labour & As Good As Reason by Paris Paloma / Just A Girl by Florence + The Machine core. Bonus points if you caught the Labour lyrics in the summary! Elia is also a variant of my Anakin Skywalker oc, Elia Valarys, because I am truly obsessed with her & putting my Star Wars ocs in every other fandom.

❦ I’ve wanted to write a Jon fic since I first watched Game of Thrones but I never had much of a plan until now. Because how was i supposed to see this fluffy-haired crow who’s never done anything wrong in his life and not write a fic for him? IMPOSSIBLE. I am currently rewatching the show (and reading the books for the first time) and I’m planning this as I go, so that's why this is so messy aksjwjwjq.

❦ As I am only on the first book of the series, my plans will centre on the show. However, as the show butchered so many characters and storylines, I will be following the books as much as possible as I read them/write this fic. I apologise for any inaccuracies, bad decisions & gaps in my knowledge I’m learning!

Disclaimer: I do not own Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire. All existing characters and plot belong to George R.R. Martin. All I own are my ocs, their stories, and any other canon divergence. Please do not steal my work.

Warnings: Canon-typical violence, multiple major character deaths, misogyny, descriptions of blood and gore, depictions of war, alcohol consumption, references to incest, violence against women, eventual smut, and other canon-typical themes. This fic will be heavy take care of yourself first.

❦ I am so sorry this A/N is so long lol. But finally, this fic is dedicated to all the lovely people I have been lucky enough to meet here, and to my friends who I love so much. Celia, M, Ami, Clove & Bowie. To everyone reading this, thank you & I love you 🤍

© HEARTOFMORTIS, 2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 6.1K 92
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
195K 10.3K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
219K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
129K 3.6K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...