Caged With The Alien Warrior

נכתב על ידי rosinghwrites

I thought being abducted and experimented on by aliens was the worst things could get. But I was wrong. Becau... עוד

about
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.

41.

25.3K 1.1K 188
נכתב על ידי rosinghwrites

Aanya

We left the Tribunal building finally, thank God. I did not like that place one bit.

Warmth hit me as we stepped outside and I faltered, feeling the sun on my face for the first time in forever. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I blinked them back.

Ronan's aunt and uncle were ahead, looking back at me with concern.

Ronan stepped closer. "Are you alright?"

I wiped away at my eyes. "Yes, fine. It's just– I haven't seen the sun in so long. Or these two suns." I motioned up at the twin suns in the sky. Two suns, damn. "We only have one sun on Earth. But that's beside the point. I haven't been outside in forever. It feels so good."

Understanding dawned in his eyes. "I spend so much time shipside that I've adapted, but you've only ever lived planetside. I forgot, my apologies. Take your time, we're in no rush."

I waved a hand. "I'm fine, we can keep going. There's more sun whenever we want now, right? We're not prisoners any more."

Ronan nodded seriously. "Yes, whenever."

We caught up with his aunt and uncle. "Sorry about that." I bit my lip. I must be so odd to them. I readjusted Lani, who was tied against my chest.

"Completely understandable," his uncle's voice rumbled. "We'll be taking transit back to our dwelling," he said as we came up to something that looked like a train station. But with small, floating train cars. Whoa.

Yet another reminder that I wasn't on Earth. Damn, Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

I stared up in awe. At least there weren't many people around to see my gawking, just a trio of men who came up behind us.

"I take it this is different than Earth?" Ronan asked.

"You can say that again." One of the train cars pulled up and the door opened with a whoosh.

"After you." Ronan stood to the side, waiting for me to climb in.

I stared at the little train car. The small, small train car. For some reason, my feet wouldn't move.

I gulped. This was just for a ride to their house, er, dwelling. It'd be fine.

Before I even said anything, Ronan seemed to understand. "Small spaces? Like when you were imprisoned?"

I nodded tightly. Yup, yup, yup. Why did this totally normal car thing remind me of the plastic tube they put me in? Why couldn't I just be normal and get in.

"We can take another–" Ronan started but I cut him off.

"I can do this." I grabbed Ronan's upper arm, his hand going to the small of my back, holding me gently.

I exhaled and stepped in, Ronan coming in after me. I sat, focussing on breathing slowly. I was fine. Ronan sat beside me with Lani tied to my front. I focussed on what I could see, hear, and feel.

Lani's sleeping face. The hum of the car thing. The cold metal of the seat beneath me.

His aunt didn't get in with us. "You both take that one so you have more room in there, we'll catch the next one."

"Thank you." I gave a small smile. That was thoughtful of her.

I grabbed Ronan's hand and squeezed tight. I could do this.

The trio of men were giving Ronan and I a weird look, but I didn't have time to think about it when the car thing started moving. Oh, god. We were floating.

Whoa. I looked down at the city. There were an equal amount of plants to buildings. And jeez, we were high up.

I realised my hand was strangling Ronan's, so I dropped it abruptly.

"So this marriage law... we're married, then?" My voice went high at the end. It wasn't like I'd spent weeks with Ronan, been closer with him than anyone else in my life.

Ronan had his ever present serious face on. "Yes, for one revolution."

Huh. I fiddled with the fabric holding Lani to me. "What happens after that year? I mean, revolution?"

"You're free to remarry, leave Rhodin, do whatever you'd like."

I blinked at him. "We– we don't stay married?"

He tilted his head. "Pardon?"

Did he not want to be with me? I totally just swindled him into marrying me. I wrung my hands. "I mean, on Earth, marriage is permanent. Well, you can get a divorce, but that's not the goal. The goal's to stay married, well, forever."

"Forever?" His brows went up. "Yes, that's what we did before our females started dying and we had reproduction issues. Couples who were alive before the sickness generally stay together for life. Now, it's more common for women to remarry in hopes of reproducing. But some don't," Ronan explained in a halting, serious tone.

"Oh, okay." I nodded. So Ronan didn't want forever with me. I mean, that was fine. Totally fine.

Suddenly, a thought struck me.

I chewed my bottom lip. "Have you, um, been married before?"

"Me?" He seemed startled at the question. "No, of course not."

"Why not?" I asked honestly. He was kind, respectful, and hot as fuck. Why wouldn't he be married?

"I'm not... desirable." He looked out the window, not meeting my gaze. "My work also isn't conducive to a relationship– I'm often off planet with my team."

Right, he's 'Commander Hawke.' Part of the military. I knew that, I knew he was a soldier when we were back in captivity.

But not desirable? That didn't make sense to me at all.

"Have you been married before?" Ronan asked, voice rough, eyes meeting mine again with intensity..

"Me? What, no." I laughed at the absurdity of that. "I had a couple boyfriends, but that's it."

He didn't seem to understand, eyes cloudy with confusion. "Boy friends... young male friends?"

My eyes widened. "Erm, no. Like just dating?"

"Ah, courting. Yes." Ronan winced. "I didn't get great grades in that respect."

I blinked at him again. "They taught you about courting in school?"

"Yes... did Earth school not teach you?" he asked.

I shook my head, no.

Right, they taught them about having good sex, so they clearly taught about courting too.

"Why did those guys side eye us when you touched me back there?" I asked, thinking back to their odd reaction.

"We had stricter rules about males and females in the past due to the overpopulation, but the restrictions have been lifted ever since..." Ronan trailed off.

Since their women died. I'm sure it was hard to talk about, to think about. I couldn't imagine almost all human women dying, and then the women left not being able to have children. What happened? When? I wanted to know more, but it felt kinda insensitive to ask.

I nodded, the rules made sense, I guess. "What were the restrictions like?"

Ronan tilted his head, thinking. "Males and females who weren't married couldn't touch, sleep in the same bed. Things like that. Some still follow the rules. I did..." He cleared his throat. "Well, before I met you."

I raised my brows. "Oh, we have none of those on Earth."

"Hence your overpopulation?" Ronan gave me a wry smile.

"Ha, maybe," I laughed. God, I hadn't laughed in so long.

Ronan's lips lifted in an almost smile.

"Well, I'm a touchy person. Beware." I smiled.

"I'm not... but I'll try. I've never had... I mean, I'll do my best." Ronan squared his shoulders, brow furrowing.

I softened. "Hey, I'm not grading you on this. I'm just a tactile person. If you don't like it, I won't touch you as much."

"No, no," Ronan quickly denied. "I just don't know. I've never been able to freely share touch before. I- I think I'll like it."

My heart ached for him, that he never had that before. "Well, we'll find out together then, won't we?"

Ronan nodded. "We will."

We sat next to each other and I pressed myself closer into his side, his warmth, his comfort. Tentatively, he lifted his arm, hugging my side.

A smile ghosted my lips, despite everything that had happened. In this crazy world, Ronan was my anchor. 

✶ ☾ ✶

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Whaddya think of the chapter? I LOVEEE WRITING THE TWO OF THEM TOGETHER

How're you doing on a scale of 1-10? I'm a 6, just got my flu shot so my arm's hurting haha

Comments and votes are much appreciated.

Virtually yours,

Ro

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.9M 76.9K 46
Flying away to another galaxy is part of the plan. Falling for one of its natives is not. *** "If one day you choose to leave me, I'm not sure I wi...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...
27.9K 1.6K 31
In a time when angels and demons traverse the cosmos, Khamuel's staid existence is thrown into chaos after his healer is found dead. His only chance...
208K 8.2K 61
"Are you coming to bed firefly?" He says to me laying his hands over my waist joining me in looking over the city. "I want to look out for a little...