Cracked {Vic Fuentes}

By ughabuggabandlife

McKenna Wesley had it all, the friends, the boyfriend she was graduating college and she had a job lined up... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Guts
Chapter 2: A Night We Won't Forget
Chapter 3: Dress Shopping
Chapter 4: Mad At Myself
Chapter 5: Missing You
Chapter 6: Here We Go
Chapter 7: No Different
Chapter 8: Go Go Go
Chapter 9: Waking Your Neighbors
Chapter 10: Who's Ready To Party...not me
Chapter 11: A Friday Night Like This
Chapter 12: Loose Lips Sink Ships
Chapter 13: Silently I'll Wait
Chapter 14: Sure As Hell Meant All Of It
Chapter 15: Breakdown
Chapter 16: I Know It's Tough
Chapter 17: What's So Good About Picking up The Pieces?
Chapter 18: We Need A Hero
Chapter 20: Bring Me Home Again
Chapter 21: Back Up Plans
Chapter 22: Homesick
Chapter 23: This Home
Chapter 24: It Feels So Early
Chapter 25: I Was Saving Myself For You
Chapter 26: Just Keep Holding On
Chapter 27: Hell and Back
Chapter 28: What If I Don't Even Want To
Chapter 29: You Said You're Having a Baby
Chapter 30: Oh, You're Killing Me
Chapter 31: Fight Back For What You Want
Chapter 32: My Heart, I Surrender
Chapter 33: Check Mate
Chapter 34: You Make Me Feel Low
Chapter 35: Everything is A-Okay
Chapter 36: Shameless
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter 19: I Promise This is Personal

955 30 6
By ughabuggabandlife

McKenna

I felt disgusting. Sweat has become me, I have become sweat. I literally hate Vic right now. Hey, let's walk around warped. I'll show you around. Shut up Vic.

"Are you ok? You look like you're about to drop dead." He said worriedly and stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm. Fine. Can we go somewhere with air conditioning?" I asked before I had a heat stroke. I forgot how hot Phoenix could get in the summer, suddenly I was glad I moved because San Diego was slightly better, less hot.

"Yeah of course, you know sleeping with sirens is probably in their dressing room, do you wanna go there?" I shrugged and let him lead the way because I honestly didn't care where we went as long as it was freezing in there.

Vic led me to a building directly to his left and showed the guy his personal pass before the guy nodded and opened the door for him.

"Thanks man." He said and walked through the door. I followed suddenly becoming self conscious with my attire. Everyone here was either wearing black or some other color and either ripped jeans or fishnet leggings with shorts. Me? I was wearing short shorts and a pink tee shirt I got from a boutique next to Starbucks.

I huddled behind Vic as we walked and the more looks I received the more I realized they weren't glaring at me because of what I was wearing. I moved away from Vic slightly and walked behind him until he stopped in front of a door and did some weird knock thing before he opened the door and greeted everyone.

I stayed there rubbing my arms, getting used to the air conditioning that surrounded the room and stood next to Vic.

"Vic, who's the hot girl?" I rolled my eyes and put my hand on my hip. My sass was coming out.

"The name's McKenna. McKenna Wesley Vic's friend." I said sticking my hand out. The guy grabbed it and got down on one knee kissing the back of my hand.

"So Vic wouldn't mind if I asked such a lovely lady out tonight?"

"I don't think Vic's the one you should be asking." I said, suddenly growing very annoyed with this dude.

"My apologies but would you-"

"No thank you I'm taken." I lied to get him off my back as he sighed and stood up sitting on the couch again.

"OHHHH DENIED!" The guys chorused.

"McKenna, let me introduce you. This is Kellin, lead singer who you met this morning." Kellin did a small wave and a half a smile before taking a sip of Monster and avoiding eye contact.

"And that's Jack, lead guitarist." He said pointing to the guy on Kellin's left with short black hair and slight stubble on his face. He did the same as Kellin and Vic moved on.

"That's Justin who plays bass and the one who tried to ask you out and failed."

"I WILL PREVAIL!" He yelled before raising his beer can in the air and taking a sip.

"And on the phone over there is Jesse, he's the rhythm guitarist." I nodded as he moved on to introduce another person, but there was no one there.

"Where's Gabe?" Vic asked pointing to the empty space on the couch. Kellin shrugged.

"Probably just waking up."

"But it's like noon." I said in confusion.

"Exactly." Kellin answered and went back to whatever he was doing on his phone. Kellin didn't seem really friendly or civil, I don't if it's because he was just tired or what, but I felt uncomfortable.

"Ok..." I said softly and turned to Vic who had his phone to his ear with a confused look on his face. His face soon turned to concern as he went on about whatever was happening on the phone.

"Where is she? Where is she?" He repeated. I knew something was wrong as I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Is everything alright bro?" I heard Kellin ask as he got up from his place on the couch and walked over to Vic. I really just wanted to slap this guy and yell at him, but just met the guy and being a total bitch was not in the game plan. Plus it bothered me how he could be so hostile or rude, towards me.

Vic didn't answer, instead he pushed Kellin's face away and turned the other way while the other person talked on the phone. He wasn't saying anything and the only thing I could do was worry.

Vic

"...I-I didn't know what to do! Vic! I-I I'm so sorry." Tony said on the other end of the line.

"Tony, what happened though? Where is she?" I snapped pushing Kellin's face away and turning the other way.

"She asked for a charger f-for her phone. She was looking through her phone when it started ringing and s-she answered it. I-I, it happened so fast." Tony said not answering my question. I sighed frustrated with the situation and rubbed my forehead.

"Tony you need to tell me what happened." I said banging my hand on the wall next to me.

"She was on the phone. She started crying. I saw her run out and it, it happened so fast. I ran out after her calling out for her over and over. I saw it happen man. Next thing you know BAM! She got hit by the van. It looked like she stood right in front of it." Tony said. He started sniffling and crying on the other end while I opened my mouth in shock, I didn't know what to say.
"Is she in the hospital?" I finally got out of my mouth. I heard McKenna gasp from next to me and I stayed quiet handing my phone to McKenna and running out the door. She ran after me as I slowed my sprint to a fast walk.

"Hey Tony it's Mick." I heard behind me. I tuned it out as I walked out of the venue, ignoring the screaming fans, I had to make sure Jenna was alright.

"Vic slow down, I'm trying to figure out where to go!" McKenna yelled behind me, but it was like I was on autopilot, I just let my body take me wherever.

"Yes Tony I got it, my phone says it's the next block over, I know what you're talking about." I heard McKenna give a string of replies through the phone. I heard fast foot steps as I turned around McKenna was running up to me and grabbing my hand leading the way.

"She'll be just fine Vic." McKenna started running, dragging me along to start running as she ran down the sidewalk.

We continued running until she reached a large parking lot and a tall gray building. The hospital. Although I hated hospitals I didn't waste any time before running inside and running to the receptionist out of breath.

"Please," I breathed out catching my breath. "Jenna Yardley, she was the one hit by a car today." The lady nodded quickly and started typing furiously on her keyboard.

"Janice?" I nodded quickly.

"Third floor, she's in surgery." I nodded quickly and ran to the elevator pressing the button impatiently.

"Vic, calm down, she's in surgery, she probably won't be out for a while." McKenna said as I stepped inside the already open elevator.

I didn't say anything, I didn't want to say anything, I just let the elevator take me up to the third floor.

The doors opened and I ran out to see Tony bent over in a chair with his elbows resting on his knees and his head hung low.

"Hey turtle." I whispered sitting next to him, he looked up, fixing his snapback and nodded at me. He didn't say anything as we sat there, waiting for the news. I looked behind me to see McKenna standing there awkwardly with her arms crossed. I could tell that she didn't know what to do.

"Is there something wrong Mick?" I asked anyway.

"This is the hospital my mom died in." She whispered scratching at her arm. "I haven't stepped foot in here in over seven years." She whispered, "And now I'm back, praying for this life that I care about to be saved."

"What are you trying to say McKenna? That she won't make it?" I asked suddenly growing angry at how pessimistic she was being.

"No! No! I think I should leave because I've had the worst luck with hospitals." She whispered. I sat back in the chair and motioned her over with my hand. She sighed and hesitantly made her way over and sat in the chair next to mine. She laid her head down on my shoulder and let out a breath. I laid my head down on top of hers and closed my eyes.

"I promised I would protect her." I whispered and felt the tears come to my eyes.

"You'll keep that promise because she's going to be just fine." She whispered and hugged my arm for comfort.

"Its know it's pretty funny how important she's become to me in only two days, and it could all be ripped away from like that." I snapped my fingers and McKenna reached out and pushed my hand down.

"Its going to be ok." A doctor came out a moment later with blood filled scrubs, taking off his face mask seeming out of breath.

"Jenna Yardley?" Tony snapped his head up and McKenna and I stood up along with him looking at the doctors hopefully.

"She's a living breathing miracle." He said as a nurse handed him a clipboard with his next patient on it.

"So she's alive?" I asked just to make sure I was hearing him right.

"Indeed she is very alive, she'll be waking up soon. Now I must tell you she suffered a protruding break to her leg that required surgery, so she'll be on crutches for a while. No strenuous activity. She also suffered a collapsed lung. Did you know she had hemophilia?" I gave him a confused look as he sighed.

"Its a serious blood disorder, not really common in females, if she gets cuts her wounds won't scab, whether they be little knicks of the skin like a paper cut or a finger prick she won't stop bleeding, which also made the operation risky." I widened my eyes and squeezed McKenna's hand.

"Just keep a close eye on her, she can be discharged in about four days after some more tests." The doctor said flipping through the papers on his clipboard.

"Um, doc, I'm playing warped tour, we'll be leaving tomorrow, is there anything that can be an exception?" I asked worrying about Jenna even more. He looked skeptical and shook his head.

"I'm afraid not son." He said patting my shoulder. I sighed and nodded.

"I'll take her." McKenna piped up. I snapped my head towards her.

"Really?" She nodded seriously.

"I mean I leave back for San Diego in a week, but she can most definitely stay with me, I'll Skype and text and everything. She's safe with me." She said trying to convince me.

"Promise?" I said holding out my pinky. She wrapped her pinky around mine and smiled.

"She's safe with me Vic."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 365 33
~"My whole life, you were a question mark."~ Every rose has its thorn; and Vic feels like he's full of thorns. With high school graduation behind him...
341 8 5
Vic is happy being in a band with his best friends. He has a girlfriend who he loves so much. Everything is perfect for Vic. He has everything in l...
880 70 16
Mike gets drunk.. Vic's innocence turns devilish... fat suddenly appears after a couple of months... morning sicknesses appear... happiness comes in...
9.6K 29 39
Vic Fuentes thought his life was going according to planned, until his girlfriend Angela throws him for a loop. Vic is left alone seeking answers fro...