Never Looking Back

By daintyLana

Fiona never knew her life had so many twists and turns until the arrival of her best friend's boyfriend. Find... More

Finals

5 1 0
By daintyLana

If I say I didn't expect this to happen, then I am probably only deceiving myself.

I knew this was going to happen the moment Mr. Roberts told me to wait behind after class; if only I had been able to come up with a better excuse and not some lame story I picked up from God knows where.

When it comes to lying and cooking up good excuses, my brain turns kind of slow. That's why I always try to avoid any situation that can make me embarrass myself with my dumb excuses.

I dragged my feet across my apartment, or rather, our apartment, because I shared it with Zeeny, my best friend.

I'm trying to get to the kitchen, and it's taking forever. I never knew the kitchen was so far away. It's now that I really start to envy Alexa; her kitchen is just 5 steps away from her room.

My head hurts like hell; it's like someone is running a nail through my head with a hammer, but I know it's a migraine.

My migraines aren't ordinary; they always leave me weak and paralyzed.
My migraines are always the result of too much stress and exhausted brain power.

But unfortunately, I couldn't avoid all my problems today, not when Mr. Roberts made it an amusement to exhaust my energy and brain power right on the first day of school.

I had to email the course outline to all 120 students offering it, and I had to brainstorm ways to form us into perfect groups of 10.

I could only thank my stars that he gets to choose the topics for the project. If it were possible, I knew he would have pushed it on me and my already-over
whelming work load.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 12K 21
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
617K 64.3K 25
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
1M 15.3K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
1.8M 140K 63
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...