Cote: Sae, Chie and Mika x Ma...

By zPKNo_zLuKaSFenrir

A focus on the story between Sae, Chie and Mika with the protagonist of the work. More

Characters
Chapter I - Class D
Chapter II - Without records and without identity, a person completely free
Chapter III - An enemy among us.
Chapter IV - Accusations
Chapter V - Domino Effect or Checkmate?
Chapter VI - If one falls, they all fall.
SS - Ayato Naoki
SS - Hito
Chapter VII - Despair
Chapter VIII - Leadership
Chapter IX - Reactive

SS - Nightmare

140 10 0
By zPKNo_zLuKaSFenrir

A few years ago...

I was being dragged to my room with my body all screwed up and covered in bruises. It wasn't a surprise to me, after all this wasn't the first time it happened.

*Click*

"Room 121 is open, put the boy inside the room and lock the door and be careful..." He raises his index finger and touches the chest of the security guard who was dragging me. "...He is dangerous."

"He doesn't seem that dangerous to me." The security guard stated, before grabbing me by the collar and throwing my limp body on the floor.

"Don't get confused. Didn't you see the experiments the doctor did on them?" Said the leader while frowning.

"I saw it, but in this state he doesn't seem dangerous at all." He replied before closing the door and locking the door, leaving me 'alone' in the room.

"...Hahh." I sighed before lifting my upper body as my body writhed in pain. "Well... It wasn't that bad."

Even though my body feels an absolute amount of pain, my psychology prevents me from believing that I am feeling pain. Physically I'm in pain, psychologically I'm not. As I monologued, I heard a sweet, faint voice behind me.

"You passed the test... Didn't you?" I turned to look at the person who spoke to me, it was a 7 year old girl with chest length black hair and green eyes. "It seems so to me."

I tilted my body while trying to cross my legs, making me sit on the floor with my back hunched forward.

"Yes, but I failed at the same time." I answered.

She laughs at my answer. "You like to play hard to get, don't you?"

"..."

"I know you're not trying."

"..."

"You know they'll use you if they know you're the best in our rankings... Or in the records, who cares? Either way. You know you can't run away from yourself, you want the same thing as anyone trapped in this place."

For the first time, I lift my head to look at her. As soon as I make contact with her, I say:

"Why do you think that?" I asked.

"Well... Isn't that obvious? Who would want to live in a place like that?"

"I neither like nor dislike this place." As soon as I respond, she looks at me in disbelief at my words. "What?"

"You... Never wanted to leave this place?"

"No... I've thought about that but-"

"-Can't get out of this place. Yes, I've heard that before." She interrupts me, but seems to have understood me perfectly.

"However, it is not impossible to escape."

"Do you have any plans?" I asked, curious.

"Unfortunately not." She shrugged to look at me with a smile on her face. "But I believe you are waiting for some kind of sign."

"...?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Heh~ I mean you have someone helping you from the shadows, I believe it's Lotus, right?"

"..." I did not answer.

"I see. All is not lost it seems." She gets down on all fours and starts crawling towards me. "You know... Aki, I really have feelings for you..."

"..." I just watch her as she approaches me.

"I love you." She smiles at me.

"This is a lie." I responded, directly.

She seems unaffected by my response, as if she expected this response.

"I will never forget you." She said with her face close to mine.

"This is a lie." I responded nonchalantly.

"I will never abandon you."

"This is a lie."

She lets out a sigh before sitting in front of me with her legs crossed.

"Why are you so suspicious of me? Is it so hard to believe?"

"No. I just know that these feelings are not true but fake." I replied, making her eyes widen before she frowned.

"Could you explain me?"

I nod. "From that moment, until today, you haven't felt these feelings for me because you only love me, but because I was the only person who helped you and gave you strength." My eyes began to darken as I spoke. "Not because I felt love for myself."

She bit her lip lightly before looking at me with hatred in her eyes.

"You are an idiot." My eyes lifted a little at his words.

What does she mean by that?

"Your self-esteem has been so affected that you distrust anything. No. You have never been loved in your life, not even now. You have changed."

I closed my eyes slightly before responding.

"You're right - I've changed - I'm different from my old self, now I know how to fight, I can create weapons or advanced technologies beyond human understanding and..."

"No! I mean that you've really changed. You're not the same person I knew before, you smiled and always motivated me to continue, now..." She looked at me with a serene and sad expression.

"People change." I said, which didn't seem like a good answer for her.

"Don't give me that, I'm tired of living in pain-?!" I interrupted her from speaking when I punched the ground hard.

"Of course I've changed! I wake up in pain, I sleep in pain and I live in pain every day! Have you ever thought about how hard I had to try to get used to this?! Do you know how many times I wished I had died with every moment that I live and breathe right now?!" My voice echoed throughout the room, I let my fury build with every word I let out of my mouth.

"...Akira-kun." She whispers as I start to rub my bangs with the palm of my hand, blood drips onto my fists. "I'm sorry... I..."

"No." I shook my head, letting out a sigh, I start to calm down. "We've already talked too much."

I got up and walked to my bed before throwing my body, light but at the same time heavy from the accumulation of thoughts inside my head.

"Just leave me alone..." I mutter as my eyes slowly close.

Before I could sleep, I felt a huge weight on top of me. Opening my eyes, I see her sitting on top of me.

"Let me sleep with you."

I let out a sigh. "Do whatever you want."

Even if I refused, she wouldn't just accept a "No."

She snuggles into my chest before wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me into a tight hug. My face was covered by her breasts, which for no reason were neither big nor small. Her hands slid over my head as she began to stroke my head.

"It's going to be okay... I'll never abandon you, I promise." For some reason, I felt a small drop run down my cheeks, which I thought was strange but... I noticed what it was.

I was crying.

I started to clench my teeth trying to contain my sobs, but that only made me open up even more. Instead of my body following my brain, it preferred to follow the commands of my heart, and that hurts, it hurts a lot. It's almost like someone is crushing my heart while stepping on my chest.

If I could, I would be screaming in pain, though. The only sounds that echo through the room are my sobs, after a few minutes... I could feel my body start to lose strength and I started to give my body to her, while my eyes closed from the weight of sleep and my sanity.

"Sleep well, Aki." I hear her whisper in my ear.

...
...
...
..
..
..
.
.

Months later.

I got stronger and worse, I got smarter. However, each enhancement gain came with a price in return...

"Hahahaha—Argh!" My tutor punched me in the face, however. I just smiled and ignored the pain, returning the punch and landing it in the middle of her jaw. "Haha! That won't work!"

...Of my sanity.

My body was sore all over, I could barely feel the pain in my body. Even so, I still managed to keep my head together. Even with my eyes glassy and lifeless.

"Heh~ I see my boy has finally had some changes..." She slowly stands up before looking at me with a crooked smile. "So this is the real you?"

"..."

I ignored her and ran towards her with the desire to choke her to death, but it seemed like she realized what I was doing and dodged my grab. She turns her body and sends a roundhouse kick close to my face, which I block with my forearm as I try to grab her again, but end up failing.

"It's useless, kid. You won't be able to beat me even if—! Huh?" Her eyes widen as soon as she sees me still smiling and laughing like a crazy psychopath. "You... I understand. You're not the same anymore."

"Ha! What are you talking about? This time... It will be different."

I moved forward again and tried to grab her collar but she punched me in the side, which I didn't retreat from and continued attacking her. Blood was spreading across our clothes — My blood — She lands a kick on my solar plexus making me somersault backwards, but as soon as I lift my head to look at her, I see her scared face. You're watching, aren't you? You finally realized.

I'm not more...

"Hahh..." I let out a long sigh.

...Human.

In the blink of an eye, I moved so fast that she brought her arms together and tried to block my blow, however, my blow was so strong that it caused her body to recoil backwards.

"!!!" Her eyes widen in surprise.

*Thump!*

"Cough! Damn brat..." She grits her teeth before retaliating, which I dodge and punch her in the stomach, stunning her. As soon as she loses concentration on the fight, I knee her in the chest before throwing a hook into her chin as I turn my body and kick her in the middle of her collarbone, causing her to fall backwards to the ground. "Argh!"

Without wasting any time, I walk over to her and squat down while straddling her. I raised my fists and punched her in the face, again and again. Leaving a mark on my hands, even though it's soaked in blood.

*Thump!*

Noticing that she wanted to say something, I stopped punching her for a moment.

"A-ah... You... You can't kill me." She whispers, leaving me confused.

"And why not?" I asked, trying to contain my anger.

"I'm a mother..."

"...!" A shiver runs across my skin, my stomach starts to churn.

'Wait... That means—' I thought, but she interrupts.

"And you... are the father." She says with a smile on her face.

"..." My expression darkens even more.

Father? She dares to say such a thing after everything she had done to me?! I was only 6 years old at that time...

*Thump!*

Anger dominated my mind and I continued to punch her.

*Thump!*

"W-wait—!" I punched her in the face again.

"Please..." I snapped as I continued punching her face to death. "...Just die already."

"!!!" She grabs my forearm trying to fight back but she can't.

*Click*

I tried to punch her, but I stopped after hearing the sound of the door opening, the security guards started coming in armed and some of them shot tranquilizer darts at me.

However, before the effect of the medicine took effect on my body I grabbed her by the collar and threw her towards the guards.

"Hold her!" Said the guard.

As soon as they took her in their arms, I ran at an inhuman speed and threw a punch so hard that it broke the armored helmet of one of the security guards.

"Ahhh!" The guard writhes in pain as he falls to the ground.

"Surround him!" Said the Alpha, instructing them to surround me, blocking my path. "Surrender, Number xxxx!"

I smiled. "I want to see you guys try."

Realizing that the effect of the tranquilizer was starting to take effect, I take a deep breath before moving towards the security guard in front of me. He held his baton in his hands before trying to hit me, which I block with my hands and restrain his arm by locking his elbow from behind, before taking his baton and wrapping it around his neck. A popping sound echoes through the room, stunning the security guards.

*Crack*

"H-hands up! I said...Hands up!" The guard said as he pointed his firearm at me, what do I do as he said as he backed away. "Stay where you are."

"Of course... One question: Are any of you getting married?" I asked with a crooked smile.

"No. What kind of stupid question is that?" asked the guard in front of me.

I stood up and turned my hand over, showing the backs of my hands where there was a pin wrapped around my middle finger.

"It's just that I just got a ring, you sons of bitches!" I gave him my middle finger before backing away.

*Boom!*

The guard's dead body explodes, affecting even some of his companions. Before the guard died, I had noticed a grenade in one of his pockets, so I just took advantage of the opportunity.

"Hahahaha! Amazing! *Clap*" I clapped my hands while admiring the spectacle. "Hah... ah..."

My body felt heavy and my vision began to darken.

'It seems like this is my limit.' I thought before falling to the ground unconscious.

After I woke up, I was in a white room, there were scientists ready to start their new experiments — Me — I already lost the number of times I've done these experiments and the amount of serum I've already received in my body . As far as I remember; their goal is to have a "super human" or a winter soldier. Although it is just an impossible or overly ambitious goal, as long as there are results, they continued until the end.

Even if that means using children as experiments.

__________

Has it really been 8 years? I thought as I had a small memory involving "her".

"Akira? Hey, Akira. Can you hear me?" Said the person next to me.

"..." I turned to face him before nodding. "Totes, you were trying to ask for my support and blablabla..."

We were both sitting on a swing near the park. The person next to me is "Lotus", he is the leader of our mercenary group, and I owe him a lot. While he was talking about his future actions, I was sitting there watching the children in the park playing.

"I see. And may I assume so?" He asks with a look up from behind his Led Neon mask.

"Don't worry about the results, you know I won't fail. They'll all be dead before he even arrives." I replied nonchalantly, he nods, satisfied with my answer.

"Anyway, what did you see that was interesting?" He says, probably because of my looking between the kids and not looking away. "Some problem?"

I glanced at him sideways before letting out a sigh, knowing he was forcing me to talk.

"You know what's going on, don't encourage me to talk."

"Please, I insist. Let's just say... I'm curious." I can feel him smiling behind his mask.

"Hahh... You're not going to let me out of this, are you?"

"No."

Sigh. "Well... The person in the blue jacket has been bothering me for a while now." I said while looking at the person who was hovering near the children, without arousing suspicion. "This is the 6th time he has appeared, it doesn't seem to me to be just a coincidence or that he is a dyslexic person."

"Although...?" He asked me to continue.

I turned my head to the side, making myself face him.

"If you notice his behavior perfectly, you will notice that he is suspicious of something, looking from one side to the other, as if someone was following him. However, this is not the case, as if someone was following him."

Without looking at the children, my instincts tell me that I should keep an eye on them and that I shouldn't leave here yet. So, out of caution, I decide to make sure nothing goes wrong.

"Tell me, do you feel someone watching you?"

I asked him, though. He doesn't turn his head, he just glances sideways at the blue suspect in the corner of his eyes, realizing that the suspect has been staring at us for some time as well. As if he's trying to make sure no one is watching him, after all, he's getting ready to attack. Of that I'm sure.

"I know what you're trying to do..." He says before looking at me again. "Just don't try to attract too much attention, remember... I don't feel like dealing with the police again."

I smiled. "Doesn't it attract as much attention as a person sitting in the park with a mask on their face?"

"Pff... Shut up." He snorts.

"Kyahh!" We heard a scream, but we already knew what it was.

Letting out an internal sigh, I stand up and begin to analyze the situation. My suspect was lifting a child on his lap while another person next to him was carrying another, from what I imagine, they are going to take him to that black car.

Without thinking twice, I put on my gas mask and started running at superhuman speed, piercing the air itself. My eyes glowed with a sinister, murderous gleam, as if I felt like beating someone to a pulp.

I ran and managed to reach my target, however, I didn't do anything. For a reason.

"Hey." I called out to the guy in the black hood, making him turn around and look at me confused and scared. "Have you ever wished for death? Because today no one will visit your grave."

As soon as they put the children inside the car, the hooded man puts his hand inside his clothes and takes out a gun. When he takes out the gun, I already had my face close to his before I slap the gun and stick my two fingers inside his mouth, making him choke, then I knee him in the stomach, which he does. Spits some saliva out of his mouth. Removing my fingers from his mouth, I raise my arms and hit his head with both of my forearms, leaving him confused. And finally, I kick him in the stomach.

Result: He must have broken a rib and his internal organs were pierced by the broken bones. Not enough to die, but enough to cause a slow death. This will take about 2 or 3 hours of life if the kidneys have been affected.

Conclusion. Destined death.

"Cough!" His body recoils and flies towards the car, where his partner manages to grab him and place him inside the car.

But it's not just that.

*Bang!*

By instinct, I dodge a bullet. Looking back, I see some people chasing me, making it very obvious that I don't have just 2 targets, but several... In the end, there are only 13.

"Who are you?!" Says the sniper who was aiming the gun in my direction, but instead of responding, I just turn and run towards the car. "Hey, what are you doing-Tsk! Kill him!"

'It seems I've become quite popular with the assassins.' I thought, with a bit of sarcasm.

While running, I skimmed the ground, dodging some bullets that would hit me if I didn't duck. My prime suspect's car started moving and I almost lost sight of him. I tried to move but a shot passed in front of me, hitting the ground.

Turning around, I see a biker coming towards me while pointing his machine gun at me. Instead of backing away, I started running towards him. Which seems to have confused him, but he didn't back down. Before he pulled the trigger, I jumped towards the parked car and using the strength of my leg, I pushed my body towards my target. Making me jump high enough to grab him by the 'head' and knock him down along with the motorbike.

Ignoring my assassin, I walked towards the motorbike and lifted it before getting on it and speeding up. There's no reason to worry about my pursuers, they're going to the same place, that means they're going to die anyway.

As soon as I stepped into gear on the motorbike, the front of the motorbike rose while I remained balanced, confirming the weight of my body or the motorbike, causing the motorbike to remain upright until it began to lower itself and touch the ground. Looking at the speed of my motorbike, I was doing 60km/h, which was enough for me to catch up to my target's car.

*Rat-tatata!*

I move my motorbike in the opposite direction, making some turns between the cars passing by on the road. Dodging some machine gun fire. Although Lotus warned me not to attract attention, I would highly doubt that's possible when you're being chased by assassins. Including government assassins.

I let out an internal sigh from behind my gas mask. Looking at the rearview mirror on my left, I see some cars and motorbikers chasing me right behind. As a precaution, I moved my hand away from the accelerator and reached inside my jacket and removed a knife. Looking closely at the rearview mirror and in front of me, I started to put together a possibility of ending this chase once and for all, and that's when I had an idea.

Although very risky, it had an 81/100 chance of working.

Then I started to slow down my motorbike and pulled the bike's brake, making the motorbike turn 72 degrees. I was practically face to face with my pursuer who then pointed the gun in my direction, until I...

*Click*

I pressed the red button before letting it fall to the ground.

"What-Argh!" The guy writhed in pain as his body was electrocuted by one of the magnets I dropped along the way.

These magnets were made to stick to any type of metal, steel or iron, the button had two options: One was shock, the other was...

Boom!

...Explosion.

I turned my motorbike to the right while making the motorbike slide around the corners, as soon as I was facing forward, I accelerated the motorbike and started turning the knife in my hands. The reason is quite obvious.

*Vrrrr*

A car passed by me, before the guy pointed his gun at my head, he rolled down the car window and said:

"Stay still there, partner." I smiled at the nickname and pulled the brake, making me move the motorbike backwards before he pulled the trigger.

I swung the knife before getting up and jumping off the motorbike towards the car.

"On the ceiling! He's on the ceiling!"

"Shoot the bastard!"

I started rolling from side to side while dodging the bullets, after a while I slid onto the hood of the car and threw a punch hard enough to crack the car window. The driver puts his head out of the car trying to point his gun in my direction, but I had thrown the throwing knife down his throat before jumping onto my motorbike which was starting to lose balance. After all, the motorbike was moving alone and without a pilot.

As soon as I got on the motorbike again, I threw another knife aimed at the car's wheel, causing it to hit and turn towards the pole. Blocking the path of my pursuers for a limited but enough time.

I let out an internal sigh before lifting my arm and activating my glove mech. I have a gift in technology, this glove of mine could kill a person simply by touching it.

"Heh..." I let out a laugh.

I activate the option on my glove for the claws and magnets. The magnet in this glove is so strong that it could carry three times my weight. Ignoring the options, I look ahead, where I see a car blocking my route.

"Well..." I said, preparing my wrist blades and my weapon. "Time to kill."

I accelerated the motorbike to a speed of 80km/h, so I was 14 meters away from hitting the car. I pulled the brakes, causing my motorbike to grind to the ground as I was pushed forward. I block my arms before my body hits the window and enters the car, once most of my body is inside the car, I look around.

A few 0.0138s passed and I calculated everything, from beginning to end. In the back of the car - where I was flying towards - Two people were armed, one was holding a machete in his hands and the other was holding a pistol (desert eagle), while his companions in the front, they were more confused while holding their weapons.

Deduction....

The enemy on my right will probably try to use his machete to hit me in the stomach, but I stop him by elbowing him in the chest before putting him in an "armbar", his machete was centimeters away from sinking into his neck. After reversing the situation, your friend in my left corner will try to land a side blow while holding the weapon in his hands, so I will have to release my partner from my "armbar" and block his blows with mine. I elbow him and turn him around using my forearm and punch him in the throat, the one on the right tries to stab me in the back, but I grab his friend's gun and shoot him in the head. While the driver and the random guy next to him try to point their guns in my direction...

*Paft!*

"Argh...!" My motorcycle, which was sliding along the ground at incredible speed, hits the driver's window, causing the car to shake completely.

*Bang!*

I took a few shots at them before they could do anything.

"Haah... What a day." I let out a sigh before straightening up and opening the car door. As soon as I got out of the car, I received a call. "Seriously, what does he want now?"

I raised my hand towards my ear and answered the phone.

"I don't know if you know but... I'm extremely busy here." I said a little annoyed with the person who called me.

[Oh~ Come on, don't be mad at me. Is important.]

I raised an eyebrow as I moved.

"And what would that be? You're not the type who would treat me to something like that, you'd just talk to your girlfriend."

[She's not my girlfriend!] He exclaims in my ear.

"Whatever you say. Anyway... Spit it out." I said, wanting to get straight to the point as I searched the car. "Well, my motorbike is gone..."

[The reason I called you is about your mission.]

"And what would it be?" I asked, without interest.

[Well, your target is moving towards a building. It's not very far, he's 90 meters north.]

I removed the wallet from one of the corpses and analyzed the identity and records.

"I already imagine that, but why are you helping me? You know I would know anyway."

[Yes, but that's not the problem.]

"Huh?" I was confused.

[The governor is on his way]

"..." I see, this is a big problem.

[Haha! Now you understand, don't you? Well... You still have time to save those children, just don't be seen on camera. When you get there let me know, I can help you.]

"Alright... Let me know the details in case anything goes wrong..." I said before turning around and looking over my shoulder, my pursuers arrived. "Just give me 12 minutes, I'll get there in time."

[Okie dokie~!] He hangs up.

A small smile appeared on my lips.

"He'll never change..." I activated the electricity option on my glove, causing sparks to shoot out of my wrist blade. Using my right hand, I unsheathed my katana and positioned myself. "Please...die and remain silent."

________

Stopping in front of the luxurious building, I saw two security guards in front of the revolving door, blocking uninvited people from entering. Ignoring their presence, I turned on my phone and texted Josh.

[Then?]

"I'm already here, have you turned off the security cameras?" I asked while cleaning my clothes that were soaked in blood.

[Perfectly.]

After he answers me, I pull my phone away from my ear and throw it towards one of the security guards who was eyeing me suspiciously.

"Hey, Take it!" The security guard reached out his hands and managed to grab my phone a little awkwardly. Before the security guard could say anything, I was already digging my blade into the neck of his friend next to me. He tries to alert the building's security guards using one of his devices, but I had pointed my hand in his direction and a hook with iron ropes wraps around his leg and I pull it towards me. "Get over here."

I activate my glove to pull the rope toward me as I pull the belayer toward me. Removing my blade that was stuck in his friend's neck, I aim it at his as I covered his mouth with my hand before slitting his throat.

"Mmmph!" He grunted in pain, which I didn't mind and continued watching as he slowly died.

"When you're about to die, scream softly, the sweet eternal silence frightens those who have already been generous enough." I whispered as he drowned in his own blood. Noticing that he had already died, I carried his body and threw it into a hole along with his friend. "Ah, yes. And thanks for holding my phone, I needed it." I said, sarcastically.

I took my lighter and threw it into the hole, setting their bodies on fire. Burning any kind of evidence or traces, although they will notice the pools of blood.

After cleaning up, I walked through the revolving door and answered the call from my isolated companion.

"Okay, I'm here. What floor are they on?"

[Uhhh... Choose a number?]

"...20?"

[91, I won.] He says, ironically.

"The floor only goes up to 70." I retorted.

[So 70 there, understand? Pff...] He tries to contain his laughter.

I let out a sigh, though I almost let out a laugh.

"Is that some slang from some country you lived in?"

[I'm glad you liked me.] He said, I let out a genuine laugh at his response. [But yes. 70 in our country is a slang term used for "You try", understand?]

"My god..." I covered my face with my hand, before clicking on the 70th floor. "Okay, I'm going up."

[Alright, wait for more tips~]

"Heh..." I let out a small laugh. As soon as the elevator rises to the top floor, I step away from the elevator and look down every corner of the hallway, right and left. "I'm here, which direction am I going-Hi!?" I exclaimed, my voice echoing through the hallway.

[Who are you talking to?] He is confused.

"Your mother, you idiot. Okay, which direction? Right or left?" I hear a sigh echo through my phone.

[Left, to your left.]

"Okay." I went in the opposite direction.

[...You went to the right, right?]

"Of course." I replied with a smile on my face as I walked down the hallway and up a staircase.

[...]

*Click*

Opening the door slowly, I look around to see if anyone was there before opening the door completely.

"There are lots of doors around here, which one am I going to?"

[Right, to your right.]

*Click*

"..." I opened the left door.

As soon as I open the door, I hear an explosion and a bright light starts to blind me.

"What...?" I looked out the corner of the window, observing the city and I see a building on fire. "Dude, what year are we?"

[Uhh, 2015.]

"Huh, they came again?"

[Pffft- hahahahah!] His laugh echoes across the room where I am. However, a call interferes with us.

*Bssssshshshhhssss*

[Really, in a situation like this and you're here acting like children?!] Said Dani, Josh's girlfriend.

[Oh~ Dani, there's no need to be so grumpy, it's just-]

[Akira, please take this mission a little more seriously, we don't have time to-]

"Yes, yes, I understand. I'm going to hang up, I don't want to disturb your two romantic conversation." I teased both of them, which I hear a cute squeal from Dani.

[T-this has nothing to do with-!] I turned off my phone.

"Well, time to get to work." I activated the magnets on my gloves and started crawling and sneaking along the wall, before breaking the ventilation box with my hands. "Perfect, this place will take me to them."

________

Some minutes later...

"Okay, all done." I said with the phone close to my ear. "The children are walking to the first floor, watch out for them."

[Right. Thank you for your efforts, Akira.] Dani said before hanging up her call.

[Well, I think you're going to have problems along the way, K'K.] Josh warned me.

"Trouble? Why is that?" I asked curiously as I stretched, the room was a bit dark and the city lighting barely illuminated the room. "Is the governor on his way?"

[In fact. But that's not the real problem.]

"Huh?"

[It's Lotus... He wants to talk to you in private, I don't know what it is but... I can assume you're not in good hands]

"..." A helicopter passes close to the building, causing its headlight to illuminate a large part of the room; Corpses scattered around the room, completely decapitated or mutilated. The supreme leader was “floating” on the ceiling of the room while barbed wire was wrapped around his neck, keeping his weight in place. "Alright...I'm coming."

[Wait.] He says as I started to move.

"What?" I asked confused.

[We have a problem. A girl is on the terrace right now, and she is planning to jump.]

Man... I really don't get a break.

I sighed. "I'm in the elevator right now, you don't expect me to go back there now, do you?"

[...I'm glad you understood me.] He jokes. [What floor are you on?]

I looked up.

"22 floor." I answered.

[Good news. Just stop the elevator and get out of there, then go right. Seriously, go right.] He says with a small laugh.

"I hate this job..." I muttered before pressing the red button to stop the elevator, then looked up to where there was a ventilation cover on the ceiling. "That'll do."

I pulled the lid down and turned to the side, opening the vent cover, some of the cold air touching my skin. Then I jumped up and grabbed the sides of the ventilation as I braced myself to keep from falling. As soon as I left, I opened the elevator door that took me to the 22nd floor. It wasn't that difficult to open. With the door open, I walked in the direction Josh instructed me to go.

"Is she still alive?" I asked.

[She is, but not for long.] I hear a snap of fingers before he continues. [Following this path, look at the window to your left and... Well, look outside.]

"Haah..." I sighed before breaking the window with my fist, a strong wind starts to hit my face, making my hair fly from one side to the other. Raising my head, I took a look at the top of the building and... "Yes, I see her."

[Perfect. You still have the glove, right? Crawl through the windows. The glove has sticky pads on the palms of your hands, you can climb both walls and glass. If in doubt. The glove has a mechanism with magnetism, in short, this glove can stick to anything.]

"Mmm..." I hummed before stretching my hands out onto the wall and starting to climb the building. However. "Jeez... Dude, you don't understand."

[Tell me.]

"She's falling. So is it worth it or... no way?" I played with him.

[Dude, I would. But... do you want to guarantee yours at the end of the month?

Fly.]

"Hahh... Little life motherfu—" I grumbled before jumping towards the girl who was a few feet away from me.

"Kyaahhh!!!" I grabbed her by the back collar of her shirt.

"Shut up." I complained behind my mask before activating my flight suit. "Hold on tight, child, because there won't be a second time."

[Haha! I see you have a great temperament with children.]

"Only at Christmas." I played.

[Pff... Christmas? Serious? Anyway. My role is already done, the rest is up to you now.]

I hummed. "I'm hanging up."

As soon as we ended our call, I turned off my phone screen and stored it in my suit.

"E-Err...Sir?" Said the child who was hugging me tightly, looking down, I see her face a little flushed. "C-can we go down?"

"Uh..." I forgot that my suit's wings were active, at the moment, we were floating in the air. "I apologize, I was busy with a friend of mine?"

"Who was—Ahhhh?!" It was interrupted as soon as I deactivated the wings of my suit, sending us flying at high speed towards the surface.

As soon as we were 20 meters away from hitting the ground, I activated my wings, cushioning the fall as our bodies floated and slowly descended to the ground. The child in my arms was a mess.

"Fufu~ We're here, you're no longer in danger..." We heard a siren noise, apparently the police were approaching. "Let's go."

I grabbed her wrist as we walked in the opposite direction, away from the police. I started clicking the button on my watch and changed the color of my Jacket to navy blue, before taking off my gas mask and lowering my hood.

"Haah..."

A little smoke came out of my mouth and a black aura overflowed around my body.

"Wow!" I heard a cheerful voice next to me, curious, I looked at it. "You're... I-I didn't expect that one."

"Huh?" I was confused..

"I mean... you're b-beautiful without the mask." She says as she looks away in another direction, her cheeks are flushed.

"..." Children.

As we walked, I noticed a person leaning against the wall. Getting closer, I realized who it was.

"I thought you would send someone to get me." I said, getting his attention.

He turned to and replied:

"I was going to do that, but decide to show up in person." He steps forward and starts clicking on his phone. "Give me a moment..."

The child next to me is confused.

"Sir. Who is he?"

I sighed. "Stop calling me sir, I'm only 15 years old. And to answer your question... He's a friend of mine."

"...Friend?" She tilts her head before turning to me. "Wait, 15 years?"

"Surprised?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Haha! Calm down, Lotus. Let's not waste time, especially in a situation like this." The one who approached was none other than Josh with his girlfriend by his side. "I see that the child is still intact, that's a good sign."

She slaps him on the head.

"Ouch!"

"Of course she's fine, what did you expect? Hey kid. Come with me, we'll take you back home." Dani said, extending her hands to the child next to me, trying to reassure her.

"Oh... Right?" She looks at me as if asking for my opinion.

"You'll be fine, no one will bite you. At least she doesn't bite much." I said while pointing at Dani.

"Hey, you know I can damn well hear you, right?"

Dani lets out a sigh before grabbing the child's hand and taking him along with her.

"So... Why did you call K.K, Lotus?" Josh asked curiously.

Lotus hangs up the phone as soon as he realizes I'm still here.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I was concentrating." He clears his throat before continuing. "To be honest, I called Akira here for a personal matter."

"..."

"What?" Josh frowned. "Does it have something to do with his dead parents?"

"No." He denies it. "Let's just say I have a mission for him, an important one."

This seems to have caught both Josh's and mine's attention. What would this mission be?

"Ha! I get it. You chose another powerful person for him to kill, right?"

"No..." Lotus reaches inside his jacket and throws a white sheet of paper towards me, which I catch with my hands. "This is your new mission. I hope to see great results."

"..." I sighed before reading the paper I held in my hands, however. As soon as I read the first line, my mind went blank.

"Wait, that's a—"

"Yes. I'm enrolling you in a school, but not just any school." He explains. "Take it from me, you'll like it."

"Nani?" Josh mutters.

"..."

[Wait, what?! Are you saying you're going to remove Akira from the mission? We need his help!] Retorted the person on the radio. [School, seriously?! He already has what it takes to be a student above a scientist, what is the logic in taking him to school?]

Lotus responds without caring about the complaints.

"Like I said — It's personal." He turns to face me. "Then?"

"..." I sighed. "Okay. I'll go."

He smiles behind his mask.

"Great. Pack your bags, you're leaving tomorrow morning." He says as he tries to light his cigarette, which I reach over and remove the lighter from his hands. "Hey, what are you doing?"

*Tsk*

I lit the cigarette before inhaling and then releasing a huge puff of smoke.

"Killing time." I put away the lighter without caring that his cigarette wasn't lit yet. "Hahh... Isn't there any way tomorrow can be more than perfect?"

Josh scoffs. "'A perfect tomorrow'? Do you really believe that?"

"Of course I do, after all, tomorrow is Friday." I took one last breath from the cigarette before putting it out and throwing it in the trash. "Life forces us to do horrible things, like; Wake up early."

"Heh, it doesn't seem that bad to me." He pats my shoulder before turning and walking away. "It looks like we won't see each other for about 3 years, so I'll be waiting for you. Don't forget, I have a guard mission for you."

I smiled. "Keep it to yourself. I'm sure you quite enjoy having 'important' company." I teased him, to which he flinches a little.

He must have understood that I am referring to Dani, after all, they are always together. You don't need to be a genius to know what they do together in the middle of the mission.

"Anyway..." Lotus said. "I want you to know that I'm doing this for you. Speaking of which, how's your sanity?"

"There have been no symptoms for now, so I'm fine."

He nods. "Great, here." He takes something out of his pocket and throws it towards me. "Take one every day in case your problem comes back again."

"Antidepressants?" I was confused.

He smiled. "No. It's your medicine, I just put it in a jar where there would be no suspicion."

I opened the box and took out a pill. "Drugs I imagine." He nods again. "What are the effects?"

"Well, this medicine was made so that you can sleep normally without having to worry about your 'nightmares'. It will make you forget a good part of your memories of that place, just don't try to remember too much. The effect of the medicine It has limits."

"I understood." I kept the medicine in my pocket. "Anything else?"

"Yes, I want my lighter back." He holds out his hands, which I smile at and walk past him, surprising him a little. "Hey, I'm serious!"

"You won't mind if I keep this as a souvenir of you, right? After all, I'm going to be away from you for a long time." I teased, resulting in a sigh.

"You're acting like a child, come on —"

"And you're treating me like I'm your son. See? We're even." I scoffed.

"You really don't learn from your mistakes, do you?" He frowned.

"Of course. It's time to forget the mistakes of the past and start planning for the mistakes of the future."

________

[7.413 Words]
(22/12/23)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 87 15
Status : Finished Word Count : 52910 The story is about a man whose Compulsive tendencies make it impossible for him to keep a job, a young girl who...
6K 286 6
Ayanokouji, the freedom-seeking boy has woken up to be confronted by a game. A challenge. A challenge which will sculpt his very life into something...
28K 845 8
Differents Kiyopon's with different personalities and different situations. Or I don't know, basically everything that comes to my mind hehe~ Many on...