Masoom - Shergill Brothers

By Maalvika1

Arjun Shergill - A man who always appears happy, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. He has yearned for his... More

Prologue
Meet The Characters
Chapter 1 Teaser
Chapter 1 New Life & Old Scars
Chapter 2 Teaser
Chapter 2 He Is Yours & You Are Mine
Chapter 3 Teaser
Chapter 3 Airplane & Swimming Pool
Chapter 4 Teaser
Chapter 4 Acceptance & Keeping Distance
Chapter 5 Teaser
Chapter 6 Teaser
Chapter 6 Little Monkey & Big Monkey
Chapter 7 Teaser
Chapter 7 The Good Doctor
Chapter 8 Teaser
Chapter 8 Guilt Or Hatred
Chapter 9 Teaser
Chapter 9 A Proper Introduction
Chapter 10 Teaser
Chapter 10 Yelling & Hugging
Chapter 11 Teaser
Chapter 11 Late Night Discussions
Chapter 12 Teaser
Chapter 12 Deficiency & Dhaniya
Chapter 13 Teaser
Chapter 13 Newly Acquired Knowledge
Chapter 14 Teaser
Chapter 14 The Mind Reader
Chapter 15 Teaser
Chapter 15 Renovation & Reverence
Chapter 16 Teaser
Chapter 16 Karela Nahi Khaunga
Chapter 17 Teaser
Chapter 17 Truth & Coffee
Chapter 18 Teaser
Chapter 18 Z+ Security
Note
Chapter 19 Teaser
Chapter 19 Winning Hearts & Disappointment
Chapter 20 Teaser
Chapter 20 Zombie Versus Dragon
Chapter 21 Teaser
Chapter 21 Dadi & Bhabhi
Chapter 22 Teaser
Chapter 22 My Only Family
Chapter 23 Teaser
Chapter 23 The Feeling Of Being Alive
Chapter 24 Teaser
Chapter 24 Vaade Aur Yaadein
Note
Chapter 25 Teaser
Chapter 25 Both Are Mine
Chapter 26 Teaser
Chapter 26 He Can Die & I Can Kill
Chapter 27 Teaser
Chapter 27 Heart & Heartbeat
Chapter 28 Teaser
Chapter 28 No More Big Monkey
Chapter 29 Teaser
Chapter 29 Always Your Elder Son
Chapter 30 Teaser
Chapter 30 Promises
PARIWAAR

Chapter 5 His First Word

1.9K 179 77
By Maalvika1

Arhaan went to his room after talking to Arjun. He saw nikky peacefully sleeping and a smile adorned his face. He sat near arnik and caressed his face. He was not only his brother, nikky was his life. For the very first time arhaan was relieved that nikky never wanted anyone accept him. For last two years he always hated that nikky never had anyone accept him to embrace him, pamper him, love him and treat him like his own but today it felt like a blessing in disguise. Arhaan couldn't help getting lost in the memories.

Flashback

2 years back

It was a little more than two years back that the pandemic started and all schools closed down their hostels and sent all the students back home. It's been a week since arhaan was back in delhi. He hated being here. He didn't knew if that place can really be called home. He never feels sure about his presence in this house. Why was he there? Who is he? He was step son of Mr. Yash Goienka. Mr. Goienka was never rude, he rarely spoke to arhaan but whenever he did he was very gentle and understanding. He always made sure that arhaan was never in want of anything materialistic but it was never more than that.

Apart of being his step son arhaan was navya's son. Is he? Really? She never paid any attention to him accept for when arhaan spoke to her directly, which is never more than wishing her good morning Or good night. He remembers that navya was not so cold towards him in the beginning when they came here. She used to take care of him. She has spent many sleepless nights beside him when he was discharged from the hospital but once he recovered something changed in her. She grew cold and distant and it was not only with him but with everyone around her. She always seemed to be on the verge of tears.

And then there was his nani. Even the thought of that woman disgusted arhaan. She was rolling in luxury, all thanks to Mr. Goienka's money. Yash never stopped her from using or shall he say abusing his resources and the lady made sure that she take full advantage of his generosity. Arhaan ones tried  to point that out to her but soon after that they sent him to hostel.

He was heart broken at first but soon realised that it was a blessing in disguise, he was away from home but he soon he gained a group of friends which took care of him more than his current family. He was actually happy there but to his bad luck the pandemic hit and he is back to this house. More confined than ever. There were good, some bad and some best parts of his current long visit.

The good part was that his nani was no more. Arhaan never liked her but what he got to know some time back made him hate her to the core.

The bad part was that not only his mother was still distant to him and Mr. Goienka, she was the same with three year old arnik, whom arhaan met for the first time. He still has a hard time with a cold mother at the age of 16 but poor nikky is just 3. He hated how he was being raised. Just a week has passed since he met nikky, although he is not very fond of little kids as he has no experience of handling any before but still everytime he finds the boy looking at him he feels an urge to hold him close and never let go. He can see that the arnik is a lonely kid. Their mother is hardly ever there with him. Mr. Goienka was mostly busy with his business and that made arnik a staff responsibility. He was fed on time, given baths, had alot of toys but nobody ever played with him or pampered him. There were two nanny's with him 24*7. Both qualified, both polite and always present with nikky but they hadly ever played with him. Either they were busy on their phones or they will talk to each other. Nikky was always with them but only in name. They never forged any emotional connection with him.

One such day nikky walked out of his room and entered Arhaan's room without getting noticed. Arhaan was busy playing his video game so he didn't notice arnik there at first. Soon arnik was drawn towards the game going on screen where the hero was killing a dragon. He came and sat near arhaan. Arhaan noticed him and immediately hit the pause button thinking that the game was too violent for arnik. the moment he paused the game arnik started crying. Arhaan was confused, he had no idea why the kid was crying.

Arhaan "ro kyun raha hai? Chup ho jaa." But nikky cries were getting louder.

Arhaan was feeling scared now. If someone saw them right now they were bound to think that he made the kid cry. "Oye chup kar. Kyun ro raha hai? Kya chahiye tujhe?"

Arnik walked towards the screen and stopped when he was just an inch away from it. He looked at arhaan and pointed towards the dragon while sobbing.

Arhaan "tujhe game dekhna hai?"

Arnik understood game and nodded.

Arhaan "nahi. ye bachcho ke liye nahi hai. Apne room me jaa."

Arnik was not understanding what arhaan was saying so he pointed to the screen once more.

Arhaan "I said no. Go to your room."

Arnik understood both no and go. His nanny's very often used both these words with him. He started walking towards the door while sobbing. He was almost at the door when he once again looked at the screen and then at arhaan who was not liking the sight of a sobbing nikky in front of him.

Arhaan sighed and spoke to arnik "achcha dekh le, par kisi ko bolna mat?"

Arnik gave him a blank look, he wasn't able to comprehend what arhaan just said. Arhaan could see that he was confused "come, watch the game." He said while gesturing.

Arnik understood him this time and smiled. He quickly walked to arhaan and sat near him on the floor. Arhaan started playing but he made sure to lower the level so that it's not that violent and even muted the game so that the loud sounds don't scare arnik. After sometime arnik slept, half on the floor and half on the bean bag that arhaan was sitting on. Arhaan picked him up and took him to his bed and covered him. He lay down with him and before he knew he drifted off as well.

After almost an hour arhaan heard yash shouting on the staff. That was the very first time arhaan heard yash shouting. He went out to see what happened. Yash was in living room along with many staff members including nikky's nanny's.

Yash "itne laparwah kaise ho sakte hai aap sab? Kya matlab aap logon ko pata nahi chala wo kab room se nikal gaya?"

Nanny 1 " Sir he was with us just a few minutes ago and then.............

Yash "agar kuch time pehle tak aapke saath tha to achanak se kahan gayab ho gaya?"

Nanny 2 "pata nahi sir, humne poore ghar me dhoondh liya. Par arnik baba kahin mil nahi rahe."

Arhaan got nervous to know that all of them were looking for arnik while both of them were sleeping in his room. Although he was nervous but he went near yash and spoke.

Arhaan "arnik mere room me hai" He mumbled softly.

Everyone turned towards him. Yash "what?"

Arhaan "wo mere room me hai. Par wo khud aaya tha aur fir game dekhte dekhte so gaya."

Yash ran towards arhaan's room and sighed in relief when he saw arnik sleeping there peacefully.

Yash confused "arnik kabse tumhare saath hai?"

Arhaan "more than an hour. I am sorry mujhe...............

He trailed off as yash turned towards the nanny's and spoke " Both of you are fired." He said while glaring at them.

That was the first time arhaan realised that a person need not raise their voice in order to scare someone, one's tone is quite enough to do that.

Once the nanny's left yash once again looked at arhaan. Arhaan was sure that yash is angry with him but he got surprised when yash spoke to him. "Thank you arhaan. Thank you for taking care of arnik, I hope isne jyada pareshaan nahi kiya tumhe." He said gently

Arhaan was speechless, he has known yash for 10 years now but this is the very first time that he spoke to him so much. He always asked him about his school and if he needed anything whenever he used to come back from hostel but this was the first time he has said anything else to him.

When yash saw arhaan just looking at him silently he spoke again "kya hua? Jyada pareshaan kiya kya arnik ne?"

Arhaan shook his head "nahi, bilkul pareshaan nahi kiya, usse bas game dekhna tha aur wo hi dekhte dekhte ye so gaya. Sorry mujhe pata nahi tha ki ab sab isse dhoond rahe hai."

Yash "don't be sorry arhaan, it's not your fault. Uski nannies ko pata hona chahiye tha wo kahan hai kya kar raha hai. Pata nahi kaise unhone............

Arhaan interrupted him without realising " Un dono ko apne phone aur gossip se time mile tab wo arnik ko dekhe na. Ye to hamesha bas apne room me toys ke saath akela baitha rehta hai. Wo dono to kabhi khelti bhi nahi iske saath. Bas time se khana jarur de deti hai. They don't do anything else for him. Shayad isiliye arnik mere paas aa gaya tha."

Listening to all this made yash feel guilty. Arhaan was right, arnik had all the comfort in the world, the best toys, best clothes, best food but what he didn't had was somebody who actually cares for him. Navya was far too gone in her depression to do something for him and yash himself was always busy with his work. Arnik has only got comfort but no compassion no doubt his child is three and still hasn't uttered his first word.

Seeing yash just standing there silently arhaan once again thought that he has offended yash "sorry, i shouldn't have said all this. I didn't meant to offend you uncle, I am sorry."

Yash smiled and placed his hand on arhaan's shoulder "you didn't do anything wrong arhaan, achcha kiya tumne mujhe sab bata diya. I'll make sure ab jo bhi caretaker aaye wo arnik ka theek se dhyaan rakhe."

Listening to him made arhaan confident. Till now he kept his distance to arnik thinking that yash might not like it but he was feeling that yash might not disapprove of him playing with arnik after all. "Agar main arnik ke saath khelu to aapko bura to nahi lagega na?"

Yash "bilkul nahi, it would actually be good for him if you will keep him company. Main ab arnik ko iske room me le jaata hu."

Arhaan "sone dijiye yahin, jab utth jayega to main dekh lunga."

Yash nodded "thank you beta" And with that he left the room.

Arhaan's eyes misted at once, it's been so long since someone called him beta that too so gently.  He was just thinking about all this when arnik started crying in his sleep. Arhaan at once went near him and held him close. Arnik once again slept peacefully. When he woke up, arnik was happy to see arhaan with him.

Arhaan took him to the garden and both played. Arnik was excited about everything, he had an in-house garden but was never taken there. Even if he went there he was quickly taken back inside the house so that he doesn't get dirty or fall. Arhaan himself loved being outdoors so he was least bothered about his clothes and a few scratches. After almost two hours arhaan felt exhausted and famished. He looked at arnik who was still having a gala time just by plucking flowers, grass, running and rolling on the ground.

Arhaan "andar chale ab?"

Arnik looked at him and smiled.

Arhaan "Abey has kya raha hai, chal andar."

This was the very first time that someone was actually talking to arnik. He was really not sure what he was hearing, he was just happy that arhaan was playing with him. So everytime arhaan said something arnik would smile at him.

Arhaan by now knew the look and understood that arnik wasn't understanding him. He held arnik's hand and made him stand. He pointed towards the home "let's go inside"

Arnik was able to understand this time and just shook his head.

Arhaan "tera petrol khatam nahi hota kya? Do ghante se khel raha hai. Pls andar chal, mujhe bhookh lagi hai, I am sure you must be hungry as well. Chal kuch khaa le fir wapas le aaunga garden me." Saying that he picked arnik and started to go towards the house.

The moment arnik realised that arhaan was taking him inside he started crying. Arhaan put him down at once "dekh ye nakhre nahi chalenge. Rona band kar aur chal andar."

Arnik just turned the other way and continued crying. Arhaan was confused how to pacify him. He thought for a few seconds and then spoke "achcha sun, you wait here, I'll get something to eat."

Arnik understood the word eat and quickly nodded his head. Arhaan gave him an annoyed look "bada chalaak hai beta Tu, apne matlab ki saari baat samjh aati hai tujhe, baki har baat pat blank look dene lagta hai. Chal koi ni, dheere dheere sab samajh jayega tu. Tu ruk yahan main laata hu kuch." With that he left arnik there and started going inside but to his surprise arnik followed him.

Once inside both went to kitchen but yash was already there talking to the head chef about the new caretaker.

Yash "koi to hogi aapki pehchaan me keshav ji. Ye lock down ke chalte to koi bhi agency kisi ko bhejne ke liye taiyaar nahi hai."

Kaka "hum jinhe jaante hai wo jyada padhi likhi nahi hoti sahab. Nahi to arnik baba ko to meri biwi bhi sambhaal sakti hai."

Yash "padhi likhi caretakers ko dekh liya maine keshav ji, aap apni wife ko hi bula lijiye, wo bas arnik ka khayal rakhe. Chahe to apne saath kisi aur ko bhi le aaye." He just finished saying when he saw both arhaan and arnik coming in the kitchen. Both were looking tired and both were covered in sweat and dirt. That was the very first time yash saw his son like that, one look at arnik and he realised that he has never seen his son looking tired, sweaty or dirty. Other people might find the sight repulsive but yash felt like crying tears of happiness, his son was looking like a normal 3 year old for the very first time. Till date he only looked like a child from a high end ad campaign, always picture perfect.

Both arhaan and arnik entered the kitchen and smiled at yash who smiled back at them.

Arhaan "kuch khaane ko dijiye keshav dada bohut bhookh lagi hai."

Keshav ji immediately poured him a glass of juice and grilled a vegetable sandwich for him. As soon as he served it to arhaan who took his seat on the small kitchen dining table arnik came near him and pointed towards the juice.

Arhaan "keshav dada iske liye bhi to dijiye, itni der se khel raha tha bhookh lagi hogi isse bhi."

Till date the nanny's dictated the food that arnik ate and they always made him eat on fixed time so keshav ji wasn't sure what to do.

Keshav "arnik baba to ye sab......... He stopped talking when he saw yash shaking his head and gestured him to give nikky whatever arhaan was having.

Yash wanted to see if his child will really follow arhaan and to his surprise and satisfaction arnik drank the juice the second arhaan offered him. Next arhaan tried to give him the sandwich but arnik shook his head and pointed towards the juice again.

Arhaan "no, sandwich khaa fir juice milega."

Arnik once again pointed towards the juice.

Arhaan gave him a stern look and said "bola na sandwich khaa pehle" He said firmly.

Although the words were still meaningless for arnik but he got the tone and took a small bite and started eating. And just like that both of them had their first meal together and went out once again.

Yash was looking at all this with misted eyes. He kept on looking at both the boys. Once both went yash turned towards keshav and spoke "arhaan jab bhi arnik ko apne saath khilaye pilaye to usse mana mat kijiyega. Aur kal se apni wife ko bhi aane ke liye keh dijiyega." With that he left for his room and went to the balcony and saw both the boys playing in the garden.

The next day shanti tai joined as arnik's care taker. She wasn't a very qualified woman but was very good with children. Arnik and arhaan both got comfortable with her within no time.

In the evening time yash went to arhaan's room. What he saw there warmed his heart. Arnik was sitting in arhaan's lap while the later was holding his hands trying to teach him the steps to wheels on the bus, while the rhyme was being played on the screen. Yash was just mesmerized looking at them but shanti tai entered the room with food for both boys and saw him.

Shanti tai "sahab aap? Kuch chahiye aapko."

Both boys turned and saw yash. Arhaan quickly got up from the floor and made arnik stand as well.

Arhaan "wo hum dono bus..............

Yash interrupted him " Thank you beta. I have never seen arnik this happy before."

Arhaan was unsure about the reply that he should give so he just smiled at yash.

Yash picked arnik and kissed him. He looked back at arhaan "mujhe kal subah ek hafte ke liye mumbai jana hai, I hope you will continue to be with arnik. Koi compulsion nahi hai beta, but i would really be very grateful if you'll do that."

Arhaan "I like spending time with him uncle. You don't need to ask me to do it."

Yash turned towards shanti tai "aapko arnik ke saath koi pareshani to nahi aa rahi?"

Shanti tai "bohut pyara bachcha hai sahab, mujhe koi pareshani nahi hai. Aur waise bhi aru baba isse khud hi sambhal lete hai."

Yash smiled "main ek hafte ke liye bahar hu agar koi bhi dikkat ho to keshav ji ya aap mujhe call kar lena." With that he left the room.

After a week when yash returned home he was met with an entirely different arnik. The moment he entered home he heard arnik laughing loudly while running away from arhaan who was chasing him.

Arhaan was holding a small t-shirt in his hand while running and calling out to arnik "ruk jaa nikky, kapde pehan le."

Arnik was dodging arhaan with all his might. He came and hid behind a chair while giggling. Arhaan also came there and held him and pulled him closer while he himself knelt on the floor "pakad liya, ab kahan bhagega, chal jaldi kapde pehan." With that he made arnik wear the T-shirt. Once done he got up and turned to find yash looking at them.

Arhaan moved towards yash and spoke to him "aap wapas aa gaye, how was your trip uncle." He asked oblivious that arnik was gesturing him to pick him up.

Yash "it was good beta. How have you been?"

Arhaan "i am good. Kal se meri online classes bhi shuru hone wali hai." He answered and saw arnik but shook his head at him.

Yash "bohut shararti ho gaya hai ye."

Arhaan's smile widened "bohut jyada, ek minute ke liye bhi nahi rukta." With that he looked at arnik who was now tugging on his shirt. "Bola na godi nahi lunga, jid mat kar."

Arnik pouted listening to that. Yash was surprised that arnik understood what arhaan said. He couldn't help himself and picked arnik. But arnik wanted arhaan to pick him up so he started struggling to get down.

Yash "kya hua bachcha? Tujhe hi to godi aana tha."

Arnik shook his head and tried to get down. Yash put him back on the floor and arnik quickly went to arhaan and once again spread his arms in front of arhaan to ask him to pick him up.

Arhaan "no nikky" With that he looked at yash again "abhi god me aane ke liye jid karega aur uthate hi garden le jane ke liye."

Till then nikky was angry like anything, he wasn't liking that arhaan was paying more attention to yash than him. In his anger nikky shouted "Aru"

Both yash and arhaan looked at arnik in shock. He just said his first word.

Where yash just froze arhaan quickly kneeled down and spoke "kya bola tu, fir se bol." He said holding nikky by his shoulders

Arnik "aru" He once again said angrily

Arhaan embraced him at once. "Tu bola nikky, finally you spoke champ. I am so happy." With that he pulled away and kissed arnik's forehead

Yash was happy to hear his child's first word. He didn't care if he took arhaan's name as his first word. He was just happy that arnik spoke and he was there to witness it.

From that day onwards arnik picked up new words everyday, his comprehension also improved alot. After some time yash hired a speech therapist to work with arnik and arhaan made sure to be there for each session and learn whatever can help nikky talk. Within few days arhaan developed a good bond with yash as well who now spend as much time with the boys as possible. Where nikky grew closer with aru, aru was getting more and more attached with yash.

Arhaan kept on thinking about all this and drifted off to sleep.

*************************

Hey readers

How was this chapter?

Have you picked your favorite character?

Your favorite scene of this chapter?

Note - I am on my diwali break. Will start uploading after 20th. Hope you all will a fabulous festive season. May God fulfill all your good wishes and bless with all the happiness in the world. 😊

& Best of luck to all those readers who are going through their exams right now. 😊👍

Happy reading 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1K 3.9K 48
A story of four brothers, each of them going through their own tale of remorse and regrets. The eldest brother living in pain over the sin he commit...
113K 7.4K 47
A story about two brothers who got separated in childhood brutally but meet again after years. Join these two brothers in their journey❤❤❤
57K 2.4K 28
He had to choose. He choosed, and left his brothers who were his life. To keep them save, to save them from there own mother. A woman, the world fear...
5.6K 588 10
Ishan woke up one day in hospital only to know he have lost 6 years of memories because of his accident. He meet his older brother Rohit bhai but di...