𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 | pa...

Da missymally

𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 Stark is no longer the clueless kid she was before the Avengers were brought together. She has exp... Altro

𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒
𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„
i. the life of a normal teenager
ii. back into the swing of things
iii. if you fall, i'll be there to catch you
iv. a fair deal
v. your friendly neighborhood starlight
vi. not like the movies
vii. just the two of us
viii. curiosity killed the cat
ix. letting loose
x. a ticking time bomb
xi. once the student, now the teacher
xii. a sticky situation
xiii. you're on your own, kid
xiv. the eyes never lie
xv. nothing to lose
xvi. crossing the threshold
xvii. a fine line
xviii. growing sideways
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ
xix. that funny feeling
xx. dude, we're getting the band back together!
xxi. a one-way ticket
xxii. far from home
xxiii. fourteen million, six hundred and five
xxiv. out of time
xxv. the price of vengeance
xxvi. their greatest loss
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
xxvii. the last of us
xxviii. frozen in time
xxix. to live for the hope of it all
xxx. the quiet life
xxxi. a roll of the dice
xxxii. no rest for the heroes
xxxiii. the re-assembling
xxxiv. six stones, one shot
xxxv. a soul, for a soul
xxxvi. whatever it takes
xxxvii. the cut that always bleeds
xxxviii. avengers...!
xxxix. the endgame
xli. we'll be alright
xlii. the view between villages
xliii. endings, beginnings
𝐔𝐏 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓

xl. aster stark: a supernova

1K 56 88
Da missymally

CHAPTER FORTY
aster stark: a supernova  

THE BATTLEFIELD BEGAN filling with ash moments after Aster snapped her fingers.

The Black Order began crumbling to pieces, one by one. Disappearing into dust like the Avengers once had. Thanos peered around, the defeat evident on his face as he watched all he worked for blowing away in the breeze.

Limping over to the nearest rock, Thanos eased himself down. He took one last glance at Aster, who hadn't taken her eyes off of him, before breathing out one final sigh. Then, he turned to dust as well.

Unable to hold herself up anymore, Aster felt a strange wave of weakness consume her. She dropped her powers, letting the stones fall away from her hand. Her body shook as she gave in, finally letting herself slump to the ground. But just before she could hit the dirt, two shaking hands slipped underneath her.

When Tony's face appeared above her, Aster suddenly felt like she wanted to cry. "Hey, hey," he whispered. Gently, he propped her up on a pile of debris. By the time he was kneeling in front of her, she realized that he was crying.

"Why did you...?" Tony choked out, hovering his hands over her. Then, retracting them with a wince. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., check her vitals."

A beat of silence passed. "Boss, I am afraid her life functions are critical." 

The searing pain that Aster was feeling because of the stones had since faded away. Instead, her body felt completely numb. It felt like there was a heavy weight sitting on her chest and her vision was beginning to blur, not only because of the tears glossing over her eyes. She opened her mouth, but when she tried to speak, a series of weak coughs interrupted her. By the time she was done, blood lined her lips.

Tony held onto her hand, shuffling closer. "No, no, no. You don't have to talk. We're gonna get you some help. You're gonna be okay."

Just barely, Aster shook her head. She knew what was happening to her.

Death was something that Aster thought she had prepared herself for. In her seventeen years of being alive, she had encountered it many times. She had walked that thin line between life and death, but never had she gotten this close. Never had she truly felt what it meant to be dying.

Leaning forward, Tony pressed his lips to Aster's forehead. She let her eyes slip shut at the feeling. "You can't leave me, Ace," he tearfully whispered against her skin. "You're my little girl, you're not supposed to go first."

Still with her eyes closed, Aster could hear the moment Pepper joined them. Her soothing words were soft against Tony's ear, although her voice shook terribly. When Pepper's lips met Aster's cheek, Aster forced her back eyes open, watching as the strawberry blonde gently pulled Tony back.

Not once did he let go of her hand.

Steve knelt in front of Aster next, tearing his helmet off to look at her. The tears gathering in his eyes made her feel terrible. Reaching forward, he carefully pushed her stray hair back with his hand, just like he had many times when she was younger. His fingers strayed on her braid for a second before he finally whispered, "Not you too, Tiny."

Aster's bottom lip quivered. Two more figures knelt down beside Steve. Gamora had one hand over her mouth, attempting to hide her horror as her other hand reached out to touch her little sister. "...Aster?"

Nebula was by her side, with her lips drawn in a thin line. She recognized the fear on Aster's face. "We're here," she gently promised, rubbing a hand over Aster's battered suit. "He's gone."

"Ast?!"

Aster's bottom lip quivered when she heard Peter's frantic voice. Steve helped Gamora and Nebula shuffle back, making room for the teenager to get close to her.

Peter appeared above her, his chest heaving up and down with labored breaths. There were cuts all over his face and dirt layered on his skin. His hair was unusually messy and Aster wanted to reach out to fix it for him. 

When Peter collapsed to his knees in front of her, Aster watched his expression change. She watched his heart break, right then and there.

"Webs," Aster weakly breathed, just loud enough for him to hear it.

Peter broke out of his momentary stupor at the very moment he heard her voice. He shuffled closer to her, carefully taking her free hand in his. It was then that she realized her entire right arm was charred. There was an indent in each place where the stones had once clung to her skin. "I-I'm here, you're gonna be okay. We're gonna... I'm gonna, I'll—"

The first tear fell. With her last bit of strength, Aster tugged him a little closer. "I..." He shut his mouth, leaning in to listen to her. "I love you, and I'm s-sorry."

Unable to bite it back any longer, Peter let out a sob. Aster tiredly leaned her head onto him, prompting him to sit down next to her, carefully maneuvering her body into his arms. Closing his eyes, Peter choked out, "D-don't be sorry. You did it. We won."

The remaining heroes gathered around the youngest Avenger, all frozen from the grim reality of the situation they were in. There was no time to bask in their victory. They would hardly be able to call this win a success.

They won. But at what cost?

Clint dropped down to one knee, keeping his glossy eyes on his mentee as he honored her. One by one, the rest followed. Starting with Thor and Bruce. Then Sam, Wanda, Rhodey, Strange, Scott, Bucky, Carol, the rest of the Guardians, the Wakandans, and every other hero on that battlefield. They bowed their heads as they got down on one knee.

Resting her head on Peter's chest, Aster closed her eyes, listening to the soft thumping of his heart. That was the reminder that she needed. Everyone was okay, and even if it meant that she wasn't, that was okay. 

A sigh of relief left Aster's lips. As her heartbeat slowed, the dark storm clouds above them began to part and light flooded the battlefield. A beacon of hope, for the first time in what felt like forever.

Even in the darkest of times, Aster still brought light to the Avengers.

A soft, "I love you," was whispered into the crown of her head, though she could barely even hear Peter's voice anymore. Her dad's thumb softly rubbed circles into the back of her hand, making sure she knew he was still there. 

If love were enough to keep a heart beating, Aster Stark would live forever.

───

Losing consciousness wasn't something that Aster remembered.

One second, she was in Peter's arms, struggling to breathe with the destruction that her body had endured. The next, she was on her feet, walking down a neverending hallway.

Her head hurt as she tried to recall how she got there. Bookshelves littered the wall beside her, all with glowing blue orbs in place of where the books should have been. Above her, there was no ceiling, but stars in its place.

She should have been scared. But she wasn't. Instead, every other emotion seemed to hit her at once.

Aster placed a hand on her chest, realizing then that her skin was unscathed. The burns that were covering her right arm moments ago were gone and her Starlight suit was in perfect shape. Even her hair was neatly combed through, falling over her back. Everything about her had a soft glow to it.

"Hello, darling."

Turning around, Aster straightened up when she saw an older woman limping toward her. A soft smile contorted her slightly wrinkled face. Her white hair framed her jaw perfectly, although each time she passed by a lamp hanging from the wall, Aster could see the hint of gold in her hair.

Hesitantly, Aster greeted her back, "Um, hi."

Not once did the smile on the older woman's face falter. "I've been waiting for you."

Aster peered around again. She shook her head, her lips parting in complete and utter confusion. "I'm... I'm so confused."

A frail hand laid on her arm, urging her to continue down the hallway. "That's okay. Walk with me."

So, Aster did. They walked for a bit, yet the hallway still didn't end. With each step, Aster's confusion doubled. She thought back to everyone that was just surrounding her, and the fact that she just left them all behind. Another wave of emotion hit her right in the chest, making her stop in her steps. That wave felt more painful than the last. "A-am I dead?"

The woman stopped with her. She pressed her hands together, tilting her head at the teenager. "Not quite."

Despite hearing that, Aster didn't feel much relief. "Then.. what is this?"

She smiled a bit more. "Well, you are not dead. But you are also not alive. This is an in-between, I suppose."

Aster's eyes went wide at the woman's words. She breathed out a disbelieving laugh while dragging both hands across her eyes. "This is crazy. I'm sorry," Aster cut herself off, pointing at her. "Who are you?"

The woman's blue eyes softened. "My name is Asteria. Goddess of the stars. Falling stars, to be more specific. I've been watching over you for a very long time, Aster. I watched over your mother too."

Trying to wrap her head around all of the information being thrown at her, Aster simply stared at Asteria. "Oh, okay. Like a guardian angel?"

Asteria raised a delicate hand and waved her off. "Oh, dear. You flatter me. If that's what you would like to call me, then yes."

Clearing her throat, Aster clasped her hands in front of her and bounced on her heels. "Well, very nice to meet you. I'm sorry if I'm being rude but..." Fear gripped her throat and it became a little harder to breathe. "Why am I here? Can you send me back?"

"My, my. So many questions." Asteria began walking again and Aster had no choice but to follow. "Curious, you are. You are here for a reason."

Aster's steps slowly came to a halt as the implication of the woman's words settled in her mind. She shook her head, feeling her hands begin to shake. "I don't want to die. I-I swear I have a lot to live for. People that I love." The thought of Peter crying over her dead body at that given moment made Aster feel sick.

Asteria turned around and offered Aster a sad smile. "Love is not enough, darling. The problem isn't that you want to die. It is that you don't want to live."

Aster stared at her, unblinking and unmoving. "What?"

"You have given up, Aster. You do not want to fight anymore."

Sure, Aster was tired of fighting. For her entire life, she had gone from war to war. And each time it seemed like she finally earned a moment of peace, it was always ripped away from her. 

Her shoulders sunk with the sudden realization that Asteria was right. As horrible as it sounded, Aster was done fighting. She didn't want to do it anymore, and to be alive had always meant she would be fighting.

Asteria's wrinkled hand found Aster's back, guiding her to the side of the hallway. Closer to the bookshelves. "For such a young thing, you have lived a very long life. It's understandable why you're here."

There was an armchair sitting next to the shelves. Aster sunk down into the velvet seat, staring down at her hands. Her eyes grew a little glossy and her head began to pound. "I'm just tired."

"I know," Asteria mused. "That is why I am here to remind you why life is worth fighting for."

Aster finally lifted her head, watching as the white-haired woman raised an arm and gestured toward the blue orbs hovering within the bookshelves. Aster hadn't paid close attention to them until that moment. When she leaned closer, she finally noticed that each one had a different memory playing, her memories.

Pushing herself to her feet, Aster scanned her eyes across them all. Different memories from different parts of her life flooded her sight, putting a smile on her face without her even knowing.

Getting shwarma with the other six Avengers after they defeated Loki and the Chitauri in the Battle of New York. Spending her holidays curled up by the fire in Clint and Laura's cozy cabin. Laying in Natasha's bed for their weekly girl's night, which always ended with a Rom-Com. Finally reuniting with her sisters in space. Staying up late in Tony's lab with him when he managed to sneak her past Pepper. Letting Steve take her to old diners so that he could share his pieces of the past with her. Going to the movies with Peter, Ned, and MJ and eating so much popcorn that it made their stomachs hurt.

Aster skimmed her hand over one particular memory, which was warm to the touch. She watched herself throw her arms around Peter's neck and kiss him. A new memory, one that she would never forget. 

There was another orb next to that one, still warm but extremely blurry. In it, each of the universe's heroes knelt in front of her dying body.

Millions of more memories were scattered along the bookshelves stretching down the hallway behind her. Some were less fond memories, Aster recognized. But they didn't even matter. Not with all of the good outweighing them.

But on her right, the bookshelves were empty

"You still have many more spots to fill," Asteria softly mentioned from behind her. "And these memories have filled many shelves already. But unfortunately, we do not have time to look through them all. You have a decision to make."

Tears had escaped Aster's glossy eyes and dripped down her cheeks in the midst of looking through her memories. That feeling settled in her chest again. A mix of nostalgia and anticipation.

"I want to live," Aster breathed, swiping the tears from her eyes. She turned to face Asteria. "I need to go back. I want to—"

The older woman was gone by the time Aster had spun around. In fact, the entire library was gone. 

Her surroundings had shifted completely. Orange skies stretched above her, surrounding her in a dreamlike world. Her feet were submerged in shallow waters. It felt strangely familiar, and she knew exactly why.

Aster was back on Vormir. 

A cold chill ran down her spine despite the neutral temperature of the air around her. She had knelt in that very water, moments after she lost Natasha. It was where the Soul Stone had been given to her.

Feeling a presence behind her, Aster slowly turned around. Hoping it was who she thought.

Standing in the water, just twenty feet away, was Natasha.

Aster's heart was hammering in her chest. Her knees shook but she refused to let them buckle. Lips parting, Aster's wide eyes were glued to her, yet she was unable to will herself to take a single step forward. "Nat?"

Natasha's plump lips curled into a small smile. She began walking forward, creating ripples in the water. Her red and blonde ombre hair was still braided, her tactical suit perfectly unscathed. She looked the same as the last time Aster had seen her.

When she was finally close enough, Natasha raised a teasing eyebrow and asked, "What the hell did you get yourself into this time?"

With glossy eyes, Aster let out a wet laugh. "I-I don't know. I think I went too far."

Natasha held her hands out, taking the teenagers in her own. The two closed their eyes, pressing their foreheads against one another. "Listen to me. Right now, you are your soul. Either you make it back to your body or you don't."

Aster still had a soft glow surrounding her entire body. She didn't want to leave Natasha, not again.

"You have to run, Aster," Natasha added, sensing her hesitation.

The words left Natasha's lips in such a soft manner. Still, they pierced Aster's chest sharply. She opened her eyes, pulling her head back. "What?"

"Do you trust me?"

With no hesitation, Aster told her, "Of course I do." 

Squeezing her hand one last time, Natasha insisted, "Then go. You have to get back before it's too late. Don't be scared, just run."

"Nat, wait—"

Natasha had already disappeared before Aster could force out the words. Torn away from her, yet again. 

Aster let out a frustrated cry, placing both hands on either side of her head. The water rippled beneath her, making dread settle in her gut. Up ahead, the water violently shifted, coming together to make a wave. It began traveling toward her, growing in size with every passing second.

The desire to run in the opposite direction clawed at her throat, urging her limbs to move. But instead, Natasha's words repeated in Aster's head.

Don't be scared, just run.

Run.

So, with every last bit of courage she had, Aster began to sprint toward the wave.

Her feet pounded against the thin layer of water still beneath her. She hated it, but she wasn't going to let it consume her any longer. 

When she reached the wave, which was still gaining volume and speed as it traveled toward her, Aster sucked in a deep breath and pressed her hands together, diving headfirst into it.

The icy cold temperature of the water shocked her into pumping her arms out by her sides, swimming through it. There was no end in sight, but there was a small light that shined brighter with every stroke of her arms.

Breaking through the surface, Aster's body was thrown into a dark abyss. Her soaking wet suit stuck to her skin and her hair was matted behind her, but she didn't even care. Stars surrounded her, but all Aster could focus on was the small hole of light at the end of the tunnel she was in.

There was a silhouette of herself inside. She could see Peter curled around her dying body and the backs of each Avenger as they knelt for her. That was all she needed to begin running again.

Getting back to her feet was far less than graceful. Aster's arms pumped by her sides and she swore she had never run so fast in her life. Her lungs ached with the exertion she was placing on them, but she wasn't stopping anytime soon.

The sliver of light was shrinking with each second wasted.

It was getting smaller at a speed that forced Aster to run even faster. She wasn't sure if she'd make it in time, but she wasn't about to give up.

She wanted to live.

───

Peter heard the moment Aster's heart stopped beating. It was the first time he truly hated his supernatural hearing. Not only was he holding the girl he loved while she died, but he was also hearing the moment her body gave up on her. It was a memory that would haunt him forever.

He tipped his head down, resting his forehead on the crown of her head as he cried. Nobody moved. Nobody even breathed.

"I am detecting a heartbeat," F.R.I.D.A.Y. softly informed them. "She is coming back."

The battlefield stayed impossibly silent as if they were waiting to hear it themselves. Peter picked his head up, quickly wiping his eyes to get a good look at her. "A-Aster?"

Tony shuffled closer to his daughter, still holding onto her hand with an impossibly tight grip. He laid a hand on her pale cheek, stammering out, "F.R.I.D.A.Y., what's going on?"

"Life functions are returning."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

CHILLS
i am so happy with how this chapter turned out.
the emotions were high in this one.
aster finally realized that there's more to life than having to fight.
so many soft moments here, i definitely cried writing it.
just thinking about how far aster has come makes me emotional.
she was ten-years-old at the beginning of fallen star!!! where has the time gone???
anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter.
thank you so much for reading <3
i hope this is beginning to make up for some of the emotional pain i have caused.

<3 mal

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

25.5K 491 73
Book 1 of 3 (Book 2- The Saviour- is out) Y/N Stark is not an ordinary kid; she was orphaned. She struggled at living and always found it hard to tru...
25.9K 400 26
Y/N is very close to Tony Stark. He basically raised her. Took her in, taught her everything he knows, and helped her control her powers. All her lif...
1.6M 70.8K 69
𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐍 ππ€ππ˜π’πˆπ“π“πˆππ† | ❝Don't fuck with the babysitter!❞ In which Tony Stark gets a little worried about his newest prodi...
384K 14K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...