Hear the Dance

By shieshiena30

What if Bada Lee has to teach a deaf girl how to dance? Bada Lee is contracted for private lessons one day an... More

Sypnosis
HTD# 1
HTD# 2
HTD# 3
HTD#4
HTD#5
HTD#6
HTD#7
HTD#8
HTD#10
HTD#11
HTD#12
HTD#13
HTD#14
HTD#15
HTD#16
HTD# 17
Once upon a time...
HTD# 18
HTD# 19
HTD# 20

HTD#9

666 45 3
By shieshiena30

"I am happy."

Bada whispered to herself while she imitates the sign language for the phrase from the book she bought last time.

"Oh? You're learning sign language?"

Hyein comes in to the dance studio where Bada decided to spend her time learning sign language.

Bada was so focused with what she was doing that when Hyein spoke to her she shuddered in surprise. Hyein only laughs at her reaction.

"Yeah. I want to surprise Mauve."

"Awe that's sweet."

Bada proudly smiles. They were about to continue on their conversation when Mauve noticed her phone displaying a notification of an incoming message. The name of the sender was Mauve.

"Oh Hyein I'm sorry I have to go."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm meeting Mauve."

Bada replies as she multitasks with wearing her jacket then her sling bag.

"It's Saturday."

Hyein pointed out.

"Yeah well we're also meeting on Saturdays to practice for the competition."

"You're so busy with that competition. Howl's worried you know, he said you haven't updated him with your concept for the upcoming recital."

Bada paused after making sure her book is safely kept inside her bag.

"I'm working on it I promise! I have to go now. Bye!"

She replied and then off she ran to their meeting place which is a park a few blocks from the academy building.

When she arrived she saw Mauve already waiting, sitting on a bench near a covered mini stage while looking around.

Its already the second Saturday of them meeting for their practice. They decided they should meet extra to dedicate for practice. Bada didn't want to spend their precious lessons on just that and still want Mauve to learn what she should learn.

She was also the one who suggested they practice outside for a change of scenery. She has to train Mauve to get out of the comfort of the studio and to the outdoor setting. The competition will most probably be held in an open area and the vibration from an enclosed area might be different from an outdoor setting so here they are in the park.

Bada waved her hand to make her presence known to Mauve. She was walking towards her direction. When Mauve spotted her, the girl stood up to wave back, her lips stretched to a smile while also hopping. She's like a dog welcoming her owner. Its adorable.

"You're so hyper."

Bada said once they were already face to face.

I was just warming up.

She wrote on her phone which was paired with a pursed lip smile and raised brow that was moving up and down.

"Okay if you say so. You ready?"

Mauve smoldered while nodding and tapping on her chest. What a way of saying 'of course'.

Preparing for the competition placed quite the pressure for the both of them but Bada's happy to see Mauve staying positive and energetic. At this point she can say that all the self-doubt Mauve had in her mind has already disappeared, she's so driven and focused on practices but she smiles all throughout.

They have been progressing with their choreography in a faster pace. They actively collaborate on the steps to add. With their lessons and practices, Mauve was now able to catch up easily on with the counting which also helped with their progress.

For today they would be adding the steps for the final part of the song and after that they'll then focus on polishing the entire piece.

Bada and Mauve decided for their presentation the concept would be modern contemporary with a high influence of hip-hop. They have a lot of very close to each other steps which is an attempt to deliver the message of the song.

Its about a person who wants to be loved but doubts it and then we have the other person who is begging to be let in and love them. Bada could still remember those exact words from Mauve.

They did a couple round of practice of the existing choreography they made and when Bada was satisfied with their coordination and Mauve's dancing she decided they move on to the remaining part of the song.

"Okay so for the last part which is an EDM kind of mix for variation we'll be face to face at the beginning. So..."

Bada shifts to her phone mid-sentence to play the song she had remixed last week. They both places a hand on the speaker to feel the vibration of the part their doing today.

When the two of them both got the gist of the counting they'd use it was easier for them to then pitch some ideas on the steps they'll do.

Thirty minutes went by and then came an hour. Time was passing by without them being fully aware of how much they already spent, not until Mauve complained her hunger which Bada also equally felt.

They finished up for the day and went to find a food stall or restaurant where they can eat.

In the end they chose to eat at an open tiny *pochaja they found around the corner of the block where the park was. They settled in one of the good for two seats while they wait for their orders to be served.

They talked about random things as they waited. Like how Mauve is learning how to make homemade marinated crabs because she fell in love with it but her dad can't obviously make it for her. She also doesn't want to buy because as a South Korean woman she believes she should learn all South Korean cuisine.

"You should invite me in a meal then once you perfect your recipe chef."

The two of them laughed but Mauve took a note of that in her head. A lunch or dinner with Bada eating food she made. Noted!

Even when their food came they still continued with their conversation.

"So yeah, I think I'm in a creative dump as of the moment. Nothings coming in."

Bada shared about the recital and her responsibility of coming up with a concept.

After a bite of her rose tteokbokki, Mauve shares her opinion to Bada with her notes.

I don't you are though. Remember what we made? Our concept?

"Its a team effort. You contributed too."

Mauve hurriedly types on her phone for a response while Bada watched her while nibbling on a rice cake. She tells herself that she should up the speed with her studying on sign language. But since she's still on the basics, basically toddler speaking level, they'd have to settle with Mauve's typing skills.

Still. I think you're not in a slump, more like you unconsciously want something. You just can't pinpoint what it is that's shy it appears that your in a slump.

"Isn't that the same?"

Mauve heaves a sigh, her eyes squinted and her cheeks puffed too. She looks slightly annoyed but still cute.

Bada just laughed at the way she looks and instead offers a spicy cheesey tteokbokki from her own stick to Mauve. Its like a peace offering. It was welcomed though and now Mauve's happily dancing with the flavor of the sauce coating her mouth.

After the meal, Bada offered to walk Mauve home. The whole way back to Jung residence was filled with their undying conversation.

"So you basically have friends. The co-teachers of the daycare."

Well we're friends per se but we're professional friendly type. We're not the kind that's... like the two of us, walking together and having conversations.

"Oh so we're friends now?"

Bada teased.

Why? You don't want to?

Mauve's words were paired with her teasing expression with eyebrows raised while her lips are pursed.

"I just thought you're still awkward around me. I mean after all I'm your crush so I totally understand."

Mauve thought she read the words mistakenly. She actually wished it was just her mind playing tricks with her that was doing it. But Bada's teasing gaze was a total giveaway that her brain is not playing a trick on her. That realization made her blush automatically.

Mauve tried to keep her composure and just played it off by mimicking Bada jokingly. When she got caught by Bada she tried to act as if she wasn't mimicking her. Bada shook her head as she chuckled and only ruffled Mauve's hair because of her goofiness.

They continued to talk about the little things about each other and laugh with the silly jokes they shared. Their stories let them get to know each other more and they can feel it. Its feels so much easier to open up with each other not in a student-teacher level but that of those who are... well, friends.

And then before they knew it, the familiar blue roof of the state is already visible.

As they walked towards the estate, Mauve noticed a familiar red car parked a few feet from their gate. The car looks fairly new with how it glistened against the ray of the sun, but Mauve knows all too well that the car isn't new. She'd seen it a few times, so few she could count it in one hand but she knows it and she knows the passenger it carried.

It always brought something so stirring for Mauve and for her family. The last time she saw that car was two summers ago and she wished she didn't have to see it again by that time it left.

"Oh it seems like you have a visitor."

Bada whispered while facing Mauve, but the girl's gaze was locked somewhere. When she followed, her eyes landed on the red car. Bada looks back to Mauve, her eyes were wide, her breathing heavy and she was biting her lips while it subtly trembled.

She looks scared.

Bada holds Mauve's hand which caused her to look back at her which stopped them from walking towards the house after seeing that look.

"Mauve."

Two voices called out Mauve's name. One from Bada and the other was from a woman clad in a beige trench coat standing outside the gate with Mr. Jung.

Everything about this woman screamed her western decent, she's  probably in her 70's, it might be because of her age but she had a wind of authority around her. Her expression was strict and her voice was feminine but clear and strong at the same time. Bada could feel her eyes which were sharply looking at the image of them both and the intimidation was strong even in a distance.

Why she's giving them that look? Bada does not have an ounce of idea. She matched those stares though. She also had a strong feeling in her guts to pull Mauve closer to her and away from that woman.

"You can release my grand daughter now miss."

The woman ordered. She didn't even tried to mask the venom in her voice. Clearly, she wasn't happy with her grand daughter being out and about with some girl she didn't know.

Mauve, who was looking to Bada whilst that woman spoke, turned to see the woman she most feared.

Helene Antoinette Beau, Mauve's grandmother. Another veteran ballerina. An iron woman, the type whose principles are set to stone, she's not easily bended but when her will is questioned she will burst into flames within seconds.

She only sees her during summers or spring, not every year but she made it a tradition to come to South Korea during those times and without even a single text that she'd visit. She just pops in and go whenever she liked.

To say that Mauve fears her is an understatement. She doesn't wish to be anywhere with that woman. Each time she leaves after her long visits is a breath of relief for Mauve. And now that she's here again she could feel her heart drop like a bad omen is out to get her and she doesn't have a chance to escape her.

"Mauve."

Helene calls and despite her disability she could hear it, the command. Yes, a command. Like a ring leader to a dog.

Once upon a time, when Mauve was able to hear through hearing aids her grandmother's voice sounded like how she described it. This woman truly engraved herself onto Mauve's mind that despite how many years have passed she could still hear how her voice sounded.

It made her shiver and stand correct. She breathed in deeply as she braced herself to face her own grandmother.

"Who are you with?"

Helene's gaze pointed to Bada who was standing behind Mauve.

Mauve glanced to her back as Bada squeezed her hand. The gesture calmed her, assured her and she doesn't want to let go of the hand that is supporting her right now. No. If anything, she wants to run away with Bada right now and not come back until her grandmother goes back to Paris.

But she can't, she can never disrespect this woman. She won't like the consequences Helene would give her.

"Well?"

Helene demanded a response.

"Her dance instructor."

Mr. Jung answered on his daughter's behalf. Upon hearing it Helene grinned in delight.

"Oh what a surprise you are finally embracing ballet."

Helene looked more than pleased with her own conclusion. While Bada looked at Mauve's back, confused with what the woman's talking about.

"A-actually..."

Mr. Jung was about to clear the situation but Helene interrupted her.

"We should invite her in for dinner, I'll have the chef cook an extra meal."

Then she goes in without looking back, as if nothing just happened there.

When she was out of sight, Mauve released the breath she was unconsciously holding. Her legs felt like wet noodles if it wasn't for Bada holding her she would have already collapsed on the road.

"Mauve. Are you okay?"

Bada held Mauve by her arms to assist her in standing up. Mauve didn't catch her question cause her eyes sought for her father and when she saw him coming to their direction with concern written all over his face she released herself from Bada's hold to bomb him with questions.

Why is she here? When did she arrive? How many weeks is she staying?

Her hands trembled as she signed, Mr. Jung could barely follow and honestly, Mauve is not sure if she's signing the right words anymore.

"Mauve, darling, calm down."

Mr. Jung calmly says as he catches Mauve's cold trembling hands. Bada watched the scene in front of her and it pained her to see Mauve's cheerful, inquisitive eyes turn to display the sheer look of anxiety.

"Bada-ssaem you can join us to dinner if you want."

Mr. Jung turns to Bada to invite her. She agreed to him with a nod, then reached out to hold Mauve's hand which her father has already let go of.

"Please come in."

He invites her in one last time before turning around and walking ahead of them into their house. Now she's left with Mauve.

Bada doesn't know what's the deal between Mauve and her grandmother that made her react like this but she'd seen how she reacted, it urged her to be there for Mauve.

"Hey."

Bada whispered then shook their clasped hands to get Mauve's attention. When she looked up to see her, Bada gave her a reassuring smile then using her thumb that held Mauve's hand she rubbed the skin she held to calm her down.

"You and I."

She said emphasizing the words.

🌊🌊🌊

You and I. For me there's nothing more romantic than hearing those words. More romantic than call signs really.

Sooo that was chapter 8 and 9 guys! I've really been busy with school works and the inspiration just evaporated out of me. Good thing Twinkling Watermelon was recommended to me by my roommate (a.k.a my Proof reader)

Anyway... I'd also like to thank everyone who has been reading and waiting to see more of Mauve and Bada. Thank you for adding HTD to your reading recos guys it means a lot❤️

- Shiena💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 691 24
°•° in where a group of great dancers and choreographers come to the tv show Street Woman Fighter 2, the group Angel's surprised the entire cast with...
106K 2.9K 34
a series of bada Lee imagines and short stories by yours truly! requests welcome! ( please send some 😭🙏 )
3.5K 135 9
✧ lacy ✧ ~ I despise my jealous eyes and how hard they fell for you Yeah, I despise my rotten mind and how much it worships you ~ ✧ Bada Lee • Fem!Oc...
7.4K 262 25
A series of vignettes to glimpse into the Bada & Howl's relationship, alternating between their POVs. Will start with a slow-burn courtship, mileston...