Butterflies and Puppets

By Kimmi369

Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayum... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 57

15 0 0
By Kimmi369

"I sense someone this way!" I tell Temari as we turn to our left.

"Up ahead" she states and we stop on a tree branch and observe our surroundings and we see two guys sitting down. One is our target, the other must just follow him.

I pull out the information I have on our target and read over it. "He's knowledgeable in explosives, and posses a fire nature."

"Alright, what's the plan?" Temari asks.

"Right, let's get Arul out there and see what's going on. See if there is any blind spots." I state as Arul flutters around. "I want to try and get out the other guy as quickly as we can. But also trapping our target. I am going in first, as a distraction, then you can take out the guy and then when he is taken care of I'll try and trap him into a Genjutsu, and then you can bind him up."

"Sounds like a plan." She agrees.

I jump off and start walking towards the two, pretending I'm harmless and just walking around. I slow my pace to the closer I get to them. Until they finally stop me.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here?" Our target asks, yuck, I can smell a lot of alcohol on him. I turn to face him already my eyes red.

"Those are some pretty strange eyes." The guy states.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. So tell me, where's a girl gotta go to get something to eat?" I ask fanning my lashes, I've noticed our target is already caught. But I'm draining a lot of chakra holding him. He's tough.

I finally see Temari's attack coming in on our extra guy and I take a step back avoiding the attack. Once she makes sure he is done for she quickly rushes over and binds our target.

I finally let out of his Genjutsu and let out a breath. "Man, that was difficult." I stumble a few steps and catch myself on a tree.

"I don't know why, you've done a lot bigger." She states.

I look down at my leg and barely see a needle sticking out. "Oh shit, Temari. I-I think I've been poisoned." I say slowly pulling the needle out. "We need to get back."

We travel for a bit, Temari carrying our target and I'm limping slowly trying to make it back. This poison is spreading more and more. I pull out an apple and start eating it because I can feel myself draining.

"Temari." I pant, my vision is getting blurry. "I need, I need you to make sure you get him back to the village."

"Mayumi, you look awful. I can't leave you out here alone!"

"Tem, it's okay I promise-"

"Absolutely not!"

"I. I am your squad leader. You do as I-" I feel the wind shift and more people coming towards our way. "Get him back to the village. Now!" I shout unsheathing my sword.

"Mayumi, please be careful. I'll send help back as soon as possible." She states jumping off quickly.

I try and walk as fast as I can, I manage to grip the tree next to me as I drag my left leg on the ground. Shit, they can see the dragging marks. I'm sure as done.

I blink my eyes to red and take a chakra pill, since I'm all out of fruit. I grab my sword out as soon as they pass the tree I'm behind and swing it sending them flying in all directions.

"Summoning Jutsu!" I shout as I bite my thumb and rub it summing Hikari. I quickly jump into his back. "Come on Hikari, I need to get back to the Sand Village..."

I slowly close my eyes and open them again trying not to go to sleep "come on Hikari.." I mutter.

Well maybe if you would loosen up your grip onto my feathers we might get there sooner. It hurts brat.

"What the hell? I'm losing it, you're talking!"

No, I just have nothing to ever say to you tiny human.

"Rude, what am I saying? I'm dying and talking to an owl." I say slowly.

You are not dying m'lady.

"You sound so formal." I gasp for air. "I don't like the way I'm breathing.

Then stop breathing.

"What the hell? I outta pull your feathers more."

Pull them and I will flip us upside down and you will fall to the ground. We are almost to the gates now.

"Well, at least I'll die at the village instead of with you and your bird brain." Just then he quickly flips us over and I let go of him for a moment until he catches me.

Next time, I'm letting your ass actually fall. Don't worry m'lady, I'm sure your friend will make you feel better.

I feel us landing and feel a pair of arms grabbing me. I look up to see Kankuro running with me to the medical ninjas before I fall unconscious.

🦋

"How is she?" I can hear Kiba ask.

"Not too bad. They have gotten most of the poison out." Temari explains. "How is Sota-Sensei?"

"About the same as yesterday. Just waiting for him to wake up also. They redressed  his bandages." He says as if Sota is in the room next to me.

"Apparently they don't know how long they will be asleep." Kankuro comments.

Well I'm not sleeping, but I can't move or open my eyes. Man this sucks.

"It's okay, she needs rest anyway." Kiba states. No I don't. I need to get out there and do my damn job.

"She's always on the move huh?" Temari asks.

"Yeah, she has been like that for years. Always afraid something or something is going to call her weak. She feels like she has such big shoes to fill, with her grandfather being Hokage and all. But what not many people know. She doesn't want that life, she wants to be in the, interrogation unit."

"I think she would be amazing at that." Kankuro whispers.

"Oh for sure, she has magical ways to get people to talk or finding out information."

"Imagine if you two were to have kids together Kankuro." Temari laughs. "You'd have one that would control puppets and one that would stare someone down to their death."

I hear Kiba coughing up a storm and Kankuro gasping. Kids? Really Temari?

"That would be when hell freezes over." Kiba laughs and Temari gives him a questioning look. "That's on her to talk about not me." He puts his hands up in defense. "You've been awfully quiet Kankuro."

I finally get my eyes to open to glare at Temari, luckily no one notices that I'm awake yet and I see Sota's bed next to me.

"We.. we broke up, remember?" He says quietly, I close my eyes pain filling my heart. I know it hurts him as much as it does me.

"So? You two will get back together soon down worry!" Kiba states. "She's just scared. She had her team fall beside her one by one. She feels like she failed when in reality she did everything just right in the situations she was out in. She also didn't have her normal team. Who she's with all the time." Shut up Kiba. I'm still salty over it. I've got to learn to be teamed up with others.

"Oh yeah, she doesn't go anywhere without either two boys. It's rare for the three of them being apart." Temari states.

"That's because they are part of her." Sota says. I guess he's woken up too. "They didn't get along for a long time when they first met. They are a bunch of hotheads, they are competitive, like to play the 'my horse is bigger than your horse' game. Mayumi actually was the first one to crack and start helping out. She was the one to speak up first to her teammates. And they basically followed, and then grew together and never left each others side."

"Almost like Destiny." Temari says and Sota nods his head. "I wonder what it's going to be like when they all become Jonin. They can't possibly stay together."

"Well, that's true, but I think for now. They will. They are all training under their respected teachers, eventually they will come together but only to part again." Sota's words echo into my mind.

"Well, we all know May isn't going to stay in the village. She's never wanted to stay in the village." Kiba explains.

"Maybe we can convince her to stay here. Shoot, even bring her teammates." Temari laughs.

"You'd have to fight Ibiki on that one."

They keep talking more and more about me. I stay still and start to feel tired so I let the sleep consume me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.3K 27
Hinata loses her memories while on a mission and is found by someone unexpected. He saved her life and now she devotes herself to him. As they embark...
29.6K 804 15
The story unfolds seven months after the Fourth Shinobi War, and it's Temari's first time coming to Konoha during the start of peacetime. Shikamaru i...
11.1K 424 11
She was parentless, penniless, and powerless, but that didn't stop her from becoming the greatest kunoichi the world had ever seen. (Y/n) (L/n) had n...
44.3K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...