Healer

By PopDat_Sonic

the story of slim & cash. More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
Epilogue

24.

10.7K 522 108
By PopDat_Sonic

Slim & Cash

"Slimmmmm," Cash called from his bedroom.

"Hold on, bruh" Slim huffed as she scooped some soup into a bowl.

Cash had caught some sort of stomach virus from either Red or Yamir.

"Told him he ain need to go out wit them niggas no way.." she grumbled before making her way to his room.

It was 8 o'clock at night, and Slim just wanted to be in her bed. She had a long day at work, then Cash called her begging for her to come over since he was sick.

Apparently, he'd spent the day throwing up but wouldn't go to the hospital.

Now, she was in his kitchen making homemade chicken noodle soup and a tea she learned from her granny to help his stomach.

"Cash.." she called as she got in the room.

He sat up, showing the pout that was on his face.

"Dramatic ass," she mumbled before setting up a bed tray. "Hmm.. this is soup and I made you this tea."

"Thank you," he said as she rested everything down in front of him.

"If this doesn't make you feel better, I want to take you to the hospital," Slim told him.

Cash just nodded as she began to feed him a spoonful of soup.

"I don't understand why you ain just call me earlier, bae.."

"You was at work," he said.

"I know but still.. and you could've even called your mom or aunt instead of sitting here sick."

"I just wanted you," he sheepishly laughed.

This caused a smile to form on Slim's face as she continued feeding him the soup.

"Is it good?" She asked him.

"Mhm, you made the noodles from scratch mama?"

"Yea.. I've never done that before. I must really love you huh?"

Cash chuckled, "Mhmmm."

Once he was finished with his soup, Slim got in the bed next to him.

"Make sure you drink some of that tea."

"And you made this too? Like no tea bag?"

Slim nodded, "Yea.. it's mostly boiled ginger wit some other shit."

"How you be knowing how to do all this?" He asked.

"My granny, I spent a lot of time with her when I was younger since my parents was always arguing and separating."

"What you mean?" He asked, "They looked good when I seen them."

Slim shook her head, "They kind of toxic. Like they still be doing that arguing and separating."

Cash nodded in understanding, "My mom and dad was the same way for real until she left him for good."

"I haven't met him, where is your dad now?" Slim wondered.

Cash just chuckled, "He somewhere.. JD and Ja'Niyah talk to him, I don't."

"Hmm.." Slim sounded, wanting to hear more but not wanting to pry. "What's JD real name?"

"Ja'Don."

"Hmmm.." she sounded again causing him to laugh.

"You wanna know more bout my pops?"

Slim laughed, "If you wanna tell me.."

"I think I was just older and witnessed more of they arguments.. like I done seen him try to physically fight my mama, and she had to defend herself. JD and nem never seen allat."

"I'm sorry, Cash.." Slim frowned.

"Our kids not going through that tho," He told her.

Slim made a yikes face,"Kids?"

"Yea.. like in the future tho. Ion mean now." He clarified.

She shook her head, "Cash, I don't really want to have kids."

You could visibly see Cash's face drop, but he just nodded.

"Ight um.. that's cool,"

Slim looked at him, "I can tell it's not 'cool'.. but I need to explain why."

"Ight."

"I don't think I'm able to have kids.. well give birth.. I've had a miscarriage," She told him.

Cash listened as she continued.

"Los got me pregnant.. and once I miscarried the doctor let me know my chances of carrying a pregnancy full term are really low."

"So now, I just don't even want to try. Granted I didn't plan to get pregnant at first nor did I want to have Los' baby, but it really hurt when I lost the baby."

Slim just didn't want to put herself through that type of pain again.

"I apologize for the way I reacted," Cash apologized as he now felt bad.

"It's okay," she gave him a small smile.

Cash knew they were young and he wasn't ready for a kid. But, he also knew that Slim was the one he wanted as the mother of his kids.

"Finish your tea, papa." Slim said, pulling him out of his thoughts.

He looked at her and smiled, "Thank you fa coming over."

She smiled back at him, "You're welcome.. I hope you don't get me sick nie."

______________________________

A few days later

"Count that fa me.." Cash said as he passed Slim a stack of money.

She leaned against his kitchen island and pushed it through one of his money counters. Once it was finished, she placed the rubber band back on it.

"70," she simply said before putting it back in his hand.

Cash shook his head, "For you."

She eyed him, "I'm good, Cash.."

He looked up from the other money counter he was using.

"What I say?"

She laughed, "Why you always think you run something?"

"Why you can't just listen? Hmm?"

She rolled her eyes as she got on her phone, "Whatever Cash.. I don't want your money."

"Kiamantè, stop fucking playing wimme."

Slim scoffed as she rolled her eyes again, still scrolling on her phone.

Cash shook his head before moving the money out of his lap and standing up. From the corner of her eye, she watched as he moved closer to her.

"Fuck I tell you bout them eyes?"

He stood there as Slim ignored him and chuckled before snatching her to face him.

He was still mindful of the amount of force he used, but he used just enough to get her attention.

"Youn hear me?" He asked as she avoided his gaze.

"Yes.." she mumbled.

"Then open your mouth, Slim. Fuck is yo problem?"

She looked up at him, "I just don't need your money, Cash. I tell you that all the time!!"

"Lower your voice, niggas just tryna talk.."

"I do tell you that tho.. ion need you throwing 70 thousand at me. I don't need you throwing anything back in my face, either."

Cash was taken aback, "When I ever done any malicious shit to you?"

Again, Slim stayed quiet only frustrating him more.

"Slim bruh.." he blew out a breath.

"I don't know.. Ja'More, eventually you're going to want kids and I-I can't give that to you." She said, her voice breaking at the end. "And when you leave then it's gon be like I did x,y, and z for you."

Cash sighed as tears fell down her face. He should've known that their conversation was bothering her as she'd been distant after.

"I wanted kids, Slim.. but it's fine. We got other options and shit."

She shook her head, "You say that now.. but then eventually you're gonna hate me because you couldn't have a family if you stayed."

Cash wasn't understanding where all this was coming from. But Slim had spent the past few days thinking on this. Today was her breaking point.

"We still young, mama. This not what you need to be stressed about," he told her.

"I'm just being realistic, you were talking about us being married and allat.."

He nodded, "And I still want that witchu."

Cash wiped the tears that had fallen before wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm trying to give you an out, Cash."

"I don't want one, shawty."

She tried to pull away from him, but his grip was too tight.

"Please Ja'More, I don't want to lead you into a life of regrets.."

"Imma regret not being witchu more than anything, Slim."

Again, she tried moving away and this time succeeded. "I just need a break, Ja'More."

"A break from me? For what?" He scrunched up his face.

"I wanna figure some stuff out."

"Figure shit out wimme then, talk to me.. you not making sense, mama." He said, following her toward his room.

He watched as she grabbed her things, but blocked the door as she went to leave.

"Cash.."

"Sit yo ass down, man." He smacked his lips as he looked down at her.

She just stared up at him blankly.

"Please let me go Cash, I'll call you in a few days."

"You just don't have to go, mama."

She shook her head, then pushed past his body. This time he let her go.

"You know you not making no sense?" He asked as he followed her to the front door.

He watched as she unlocked and opened the door, "You not gon at least hug yo nigga bye?"

Slim sighed before going over to him and hugging him. Pulling her back, Cash slid the stack of money into her purse.

Without any protest about it, Slim just walked out.

I'll take the money, no complaints Cash!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931K 38.7K 53
|𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲| /𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻/ 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿...
308K 9.3K 29
i'll love you forever (short story)
63.3K 1K 26
WARNING: PROFANITY USED THROUGHOUT THE SERIES Teenagers in their Senior Year of high school going through life together. For better or worse.
374K 16.4K 32
Two different people with completely different mindsets who find each other at their worst. One doesn't realize what's right in front of them.