Fateful Contract

By yassureader

Tejasswi Sharma, pretended to be drunk on her bachelorette night and sneaked out to catch his fiance in the a... More

Prologue
The Betrayal
The Contract
A New Trap
Karan At Work
The Contest Begins
Author note
Tejasswi In Trouble
A New Surprise
The Argument
Counter Attack
Tejasswi's Pain
The City Tour
Misunderstanding
Possessive Karan
The Press Conference
The Audition
The Confession
The News
The Cunning Rashmi
The Blackmailing
Calm Before The Storm
Rashmi's Conspiracy
Tejasswi Accepted Karan
The Visit Of The Past
Meeting With In-laws
Another Meeting
New Entry
Karan Persuaded
The Family Drama
The Interview
Dinner With In-laws
Generous Tejasswi
Smell A Rat
Counter Plan
End Of Rohan's Chapter
Lenient Tejasswi
A Narrow Escape
It's Sunday
Surprise
The Fight
Tejasswi After Karan
Angry Karan
Proud Moment
Mending fences
Passion's Embrace
Net of deceit
Troublemaker
hi
Close By Culprit
Inconvenient Truth
Fatal Attack
Lost In The Woods
Dreams And Reality
The Pursuit of Clues
Guilt-free
Surprising Turns
Shockwaves
Boomerang
Wear And Tear
Unspoken Updates
Retail Adventure
Cat Out Of The Bag
Kinship Crisis
The Soup of Discord
Elegance And Revelations
Glimpses of Deceit
The Silent Storm
Storm Rages
Disappointment
Obscured Plans
The Envelope's Secret
The Enigma Unraveled
Reckoning with Betrayal
Emotions Unbound
Echoes Of The Past
Fatal Injection
Hidden Ensnarement
Truth Behind the Lies
The Veil Lifted
Harmony at Home
Love on Venetian Waters
Heavenly Union
Rekindling Friendships
A Night of Surprises
Clash of Worlds
Emotional Showdown
Bleeding Heart
A heart-wrenching choice
Nocturnal Confessions
Romantic Yacht Secrets
Changing Seasons
Ephemeral Joy
Pandora's Box
Parental Chronicles
Love Amidst Chaos
On the Move: Family Edition
Family Splash
Sunshine and Shenanigans
Games of Love
Little Joy's Mischief
Media Mayhem
Legal Turmoil
Custody Confrontations
Custody Clash
Custodial Crossroads
Battle Unleashed
Courtroom Chess
Witnessing Shadows
Legally Exposed
Final Showdown
Farewell Echoes
New Story

The Burden of Choices

1.8K 233 61
By yassureader

Author note:- Guys I'm traveling tonight and u don't know when I will be back. I'm not sure if I will get proper network to update the chapters. So kindly be patience.

The moment u will be back I will try to give you dual updates.

Thank you and sorry.

"Mr. Kundrra Rashmi's health is deteriorating rapidly, and her time is limited."

Karan was taken aback by Janki's soft yet unwavering revelation. While he harbors a dislike for Rashmi because of the pain she caused Tejasswi, he never wanted her life to end so tragically.

"Oh god gracious, how could that be?" Karan uttered in stance.

"Rashmi's pregnancy has taken a dangerous turn, and it's doubtful she'll make it through delivery. Her medical prognosis suggests she might not survive after giving birth, as she'll be expending all her strength in the process." Mayesha broke the somber silence with this grim account of Rashmi's condition.

"This is really distressing news. What about the baby then?" Karan's voice was filled with grief and concern.

He felt a deep sorrow for the unborn baby, knowing the pain of losing a mother. Although he was five when he lost his own mother, the thought of Rashmi's child becoming an orphan so soon after entering the world was heartbreakingly tragic.

"That's why Rashmi wants to see Tejasswi. Mr. Kundrra, she is grevianing and wants to apologize for her wrongdoing. Her last wish is that Tejasswi must adopt her child after her death, because she believes only Tejasswi is actually capable of giving her child a good upbringing." Parvati, in baritone, revealed their original purpose for visiting.

With a heavy heart, Karan rested his head in his hands. Though he felt compassion for Rashmi's situation and genuine concern for the child about to be born, he couldn't do anything that might harm Tejasswi.

'Rashmi's concern is valid, and Tejasswi has a heart of gold, always extending her help even to those who don't deserve it. But...' Karan's hesitation stemmed from another consideration, one that revolved around Tejasswi's own well-being.

For another moment, the room was submerged in an intense quietude, until Karan, who had been lost in deep reflection for the past five minutes, spoke up.

"If Rashmi does pull through after delivery, would she consider entrusting her child to Tejasswi?"

"But, then..." Ishan attempted to interject, only for Karan to gesture for him to be silent.

"Tejasswi is already wrestling with a pain similar to this. Perhaps none of you are aware, but she has experienced a miscarriage. If Rashmi were to survive and then refuse to give up the baby, it would be like reopening that wound for Tejasswi. As you all know, she has a deep fondness for children."

The corners of Karan's eyes glistened with tears as he discussed the most painful event of their lives. Despite both of them finding a way to move on, only they, as parents, truly comprehend the magnitude of the impact the accident had on their lives.

"What?"

"Tejasswi head a miscarriage?"

A wave of astonishment swept over the Sharma clan. Janki's hands instinctively went to her head as she sank onto the couch, tears streaming down her face. Shekhar moved beside her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders in a gesture of solace.

"Shekhar, my Teju has faced so many hardships," Janki whispered amidst sobs, burying her head in his shoulder.

"Social media was flooded with news about Tejasswi's miscarriage a couple of months ago, which you denied after your marriage revelation, correct? On that day, Tejasswi did indeed lose her  baby." Ishan asked, his voice trembling.

In agreement, Karan's eyes squinted, a sharp twinge of past sorrow piercing through him.

"Oh, Lord, my child..."

The whole family crumbled, each person blaming themselves in some manner for neglecting Tejasswi and failing to acknowledge her pain. They had gathered to address their issues, but the unexpected disclosure left them speechless.

"I deeply regret unintentionally causing you all pain again, and I ask for your forgiveness once more. I don't mean to be callous, but I can't take a chance that might subject Tejasswi to similar agony."

A heavy silence enveloped the Sharma family, their voices quiet in the face of Karan's resolve. Though they wished to grant Rashmi's final request, they refrained from pressuring Karan, wary of being accused of bias.

The lingering silence was interrupted by Shashank, who once again entreated,

"Alright, Mr. Kundrra, I completely understand and respect your decision for Tejasswi's wellfare, but I implore you to hear me out one last time."

Karan's face tightened as he turned to him, arms crossed firmly against his chest.

"Fine, go ahead."

"Rashmi is fading away, and she's enduring immense suffering. She attributes her condition to her own karma, wrongly implicating Tejasswi. It's her final wish to seek forgiveness from Tejasswi before departing for the afterlife."

"Mr. Kundrra, I beseech you to weigh the last wish of a person on their deathbed and potentially reconsider your decision," Mayesha added promptly.

"Indeed, Mr. Kundrra, please give it another thought," Shekhar and Ishan said simultaneously.

They gazed at Karan's impassive face, each harboring their own hopes and intentions, driving them to engage in these fervent appeals, all with the shared aim of ensuring Tejasswi would journey to Delhi and adopt Rashmi's child.

At four weeks pregnant, Mayesha hopes that Tejasswi will step in to care for Rashmi's child, as she fears the responsibility might land on her own shoulders. Though she bears no grudges against Rashmi or Tejasswi and equally pities the unborn baby, she is determined to prevent history from repeating itself with her own child in the Sharma family.

Ishan is still under his family's influence, and he has no say in front of them yet. Though he promised he would support her decision, she is not sure he will not go back on his words.

On the flip side, the grandparents, approaching the final chapter of their lives, are preoccupied with thoughts of the afterlife. Their greatest wish is for both of their granddaughters to reconcile, allowing Rashmi to find solace in her final moments and their departed daughter to finally rest in peace. This can only come to fruition if Tejasswi goes to Delhi and grants forgiveness to Rashmi.

Meanwhile, Shekhar is insistent on Tejasswi's return to Delhi, motivated primarily by his own selfish desires. As a greedy father, he yearns for his daughter's affection, fully aware that after pushing her away so harshly, the chances of rekindling that love are slim.

Under the guise of Rashmi's medical condition, he's employing a tactic to sway Tejasswi into returning home. His true objective is to mend his relationship with his daughter, and it stops at just that.

Karan scrutinized their faces to discern the situation, and his hawkish gaze quickly detected the underlying motives they harbored.

With greater determination, he countered, "Regardless of the circumstances, my answer remains an unwavering no. I urge you, as Tejasswi's family, to please do not drag her into this. Return to your city in a spirit of unity; I ask this of you respectfully."

Karan's resolve was palpable in both his tone and expression, which left them disheartened. However, a few of them refused to yield.

"Very well, Mr. Kundra, I'll proceed as you advise. But I earnestly request that you take your time and reevaluate your decision after we've left. There's still three months before the baby arrives, so please reflect on it thoughtfully. Rest assured, you have my support in ensuring Tejasswi's happiness. Let's call it a night then," Janki said, bringing the discussion to a close before making her way to her room.

Karan strode out purposefully and headed towards the elevator, with Shekhar following closely behind.

"Mr. Kundrra, I acknowledge that adopting another person's child is a profound undertaking. I did it to fulfill a favor owed to my sister. If you ever succeed in convincing Tejasswi to forgive me in the future, I will be forever indebted."

This was the ultimate request he had in mind when he sought out Karan. After voicing his sentiments, he began to turn away, only to be stopped by Karan.

"I apologize if this comes across as blunt, but I grasp the favor you're talking about. It's crucial to acknowledge that you set this chain of events in motion, and I won't allow it to negatively impact my wife's life."

"What are you talking about?" Shekhar asked with a frown.

Karan narrowed his eyes. The findings of the Delhi investigation that Vicky had presented to him, along with Sudha's blackmail to put off the marriage announcement, flashed vividly in his mind.

"I know that Rashmi is not your niece but your biological daughter, conceived with your secretary out of wedlock. Your family remains oblivious to this truth, and that's why your sister assumed the responsibility of hiding her brother's secret from the world."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 13K 32
A business tycoon The Karan Kundrra meets a heartbroken Tejasswi Prakash in some never thought situations n things take a turn n they spend a night t...
41.6K 1.6K 66
Moksh Khurana , CEO of Khurana Entertainment who doesn't believe in love but because his family wants to then he is ready to start a new phase of ma...
78.7K 8.7K 54
What happened when a rude and dangerous boss and his innocent PA from middle class family......will fell in love slowly but dangerously....