flawless || c. bass

By beachsideviews

๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด || "Does he like her like that?" "Of course he does, she's Spencer. What's not to like?" ~ I... More

flawless
graphics
chapter one

chapter two

166 10 0
By beachsideviews

AS SPENCER STOOD IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR, staring at her reflection, trying to gather herself when a knock interrupted her thoughts.

"Occupied!" she called out, assuming the person outside would take the hint. To her annoyance, the door swung open anyway, and Chuck sauntered in, his typical smirk in place.
"I saw you came in here. It was because of Serena's sudden arrival, right?" Chuck asked curious.
"Just drop it, Chuck. I'm not in the mood for your need to gossip." Spencer rolled her eyes. Chuck, undeterred, stepped closer, reaching out and grabbing her arm to stop her from leaving.

"She knows, doesn't she?" Chuck asked, his tone serious. Spencer froze, caught off guard by the directness of his question.
"Knows what?" Spencer feigned innocence, even though she knew exactly what he was referring to.
"Spence," Chuck said sternly, his eyes searching hers.
"Look, it doesn't matter," Spencer deflected, trying to pull away from him. "Even if she does know, why do you care? You're Chuck Bass. I thought you loved to announce your achievements to everyone."

Spencer managed to free herself from his grasp and took a step back. "I don't have time for this right now," she said, frustration creeping into her voice as she attempted to leave again but Chuck's next words stopped her in her tracks.
"If you want to forget it happened, fine. But just know, I can't." Chuck spoke clear as day causing Spencer to hesitate torn between acknowledging his concern and ignoring it altogether. In the end, she chose to ignore his words, pushing past him and walking back out into the party, determined to bury whatever had passed between them.

As Spencer stepped out of the restroom, she found herself immediately intercepted by Blair, who grabbed her arm gently but with a sense of urgency. "You're coming with me," Blair stated, her tone leaving no room for argument. Without much choice, Spencer allowed herself to be pulled along by Blair, their goal being to avoid Serena at all costs. However, their luck ran out as they turned a corner and almost collided with Serena. Blair quickly put on a fake smile and pulled Serena into a hug, Spencer following suit.

"Hi, Serena, so good to see you," Blair greeted, her tone pleasant but masking a hint of tension.
"Good to see you," Serena replied, returning the hug.
"How are you?" Spencer chimed in trying to keep things light and friendly making Serena's smile faltered for a moment.
"I'm okay, it's... strange, being back," Serena admitted, her gaze briefly flickering towards Spencer. Understanding Serena's unspoken words, Spencer nodded empathetically.
"Would you like to join us? We're about to have dinner," Spencer offered, ignoring Blair's look as Eleanor, who had overheard the conversation, interjected, "I'll set a place for you at the table next to Blair and Spencer."

"Yeah, actually... there's somewhere I have to go." Serena hesitated, declining politely.
"You're leaving?" Blair asked slightly surprised making Serena nod.
"Yeah, I just... I don't feel well. I just wanted to come by and say hi. I'll see you two at school tomorrow." Serena acknowledged and with that she left the party, leaving a somewhat awkward silence in her wake.

"School... so I guess she's back for good," Blair commented, trying to mask her true feelings.
"Didn't you know she was coming?" Katy, one of Blair's friends, asked.
"Of course I did. I just... wanted it to be a surprise," Blair lied smoothly, her 'minions' buying into her story.

Spencer, however, saw through Blair's façade. Her eyes shifted to where Serena had exited, a knowing sensation settling in her stomach. She couldn't shake the feeling that this was just the beginning of something complicated and potentially troublesome.

The next day, Blair, Isabel, and Katy are seated on the steps of the MET. Jenny stands close by, eager and slightly nervous, while Spencer stands protectively beside her, offering silent support.
"So cute! They should be framed or something." Isabel exclaims admiring the invitations as Blair nods in agreement. 
"Not bad work. And here is yours... as promised," Blair says, handing Jenny one of the invitations.

"Thanks," Jenny responds, her excitement palpable. As Spencer glances at the invitation and smiles at Jenny.
"They look amazing, Jen." Spencer complimented making Jenny beam at Spencer, appreciating the encouragement. As Blair hands Spencer her invitation, Serena arrives, casually eating yogurt.

"Hey, here you guys are. I looked all over the dining hall for you," Serena announces as she joins the group, her eyes landing on Jenny curiously which Spencer notices. 
"Oh, Serena. This is Jenny, she's a friend of mine." Spencer introduces the young girl to Serena to which Serena extends her hand politely. 

"Oh, hi, I'm Serena." Serena introduces herself with a small smile. 
"I know, uhm, I mean, hi, I'm Jenny." Jenny, feeling a bit starstruck, stumbles over her words as Serena picks up one of the invitations, her curiosity piqued.
"So, when's the party?" Serena inquired curiously. 
"Saturday. And you're kinda not invited. Since until 12 hours ago, everyone thought you were at boarding school. And Jenny used up all the invites." Blair interjects with a hint of coldness. 

"Uhm, actually..." Jenny starts to explain but is cut off by Blair's dismissive tone.
"You can go now." Blair gives her a pointed look. Feeling embarrassed and awkward, Jenny leaves the group, and Spencer shoots Blair a disapproving look.
"Blair, was that necessary?" Spencer questions, raising an eyebrow. Blair, however, ignores Spencer's comment, her attention now fully on Serena. Spencer rolls her eyes at Blair's behavior and decides to follow after Jenny, wanting to offer her some comfort and reassurance after the awkward encounter.

"Hey, Jen, wait up!" Spencer called out, catching Jenny's attention. Jenny turned around, her eyes lighting up at the sight of Spencer as Spencer quickened her pace until she stood next to Jenny, concern flickering in her eyes. "You okay? I know Blair can be... difficult sometimes." Spencer wondered concerned making Jenny shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant.
"Oh, I'm fine. You don't have to worry so much about me." Jenny reassured causing Spencer frowned slightly, not entirely convinced by Jenny's reassurance.
"Of course, I'm going to worry about you, Jen. You're my friend." Spencer stated knowingly. Jenny smiled gratefully at Spencer's words, her nerves easing a bit.

"Well, thanks. Are you going to the party?" Jenny wondered curiously causing Spencer to hesitate, thinking about Blair's invitation and the dynamics that would unfold there.
"I'm thinking about it. But I'm not sure." Spencer informed the girl making Jenny's face lit up with excitement. 
"Well, I think you should. It'll be fun!" Jenny encouraged her friend. Spencer couldn't help but smile at Jenny's enthusiasm. "Maybe you're right. We should probably get to class. Wouldn't want to be late."

As they started towards the school entrance, Nate and Chuck approached them, their easy camaraderie evident.
"Hey, are you going to the party on Saturday?" Nate asked, directing his question to Spencer. Spencer glanced at Chuck, her playful rivalry with him surfacing.
"I don't know, that depends. Is he going?" Spencer nodded subtly towards Chuck.

"Of course I am." Chuck met Spencer's gaze with a smirk. "Bummer, then I guess I'm not." Spencer frowned making Nate chuckle.
"Oh, come on, are you two still at each other's throats after all this time?" Nate inquired with a raised eyebrow. "I wouldn't say that, but I will agree that I definitely know how to get under his skin... and it is quite entertaining." Spencer grinned, enjoying the banter. 
"Oh really? You think you can get under my skin?" Chuck's smirk widened, accepting Spencer's challenge.

"I know I can." Spencer commented her eyes sparkling with mischief. 
"Is that so? You think you have me all figured out, Spence?" Chuck smirks, always up for a challenge.
"I know I do. It's not that hard, Bass." Spencer meets Chuck's gaze confidently.

"Oh, really? Enlighten me then." Chuck raises an eyebrow, intrigued causing Spencer to lean in slightly, a mischievous glint in her eyes.
"Well, for starters, you have a massive ego that's only rivaled by your love for drama." Spencer hummed knowingly resulting in Chuck to chuckle, not denying the accusation. 

"And what about you? What makes you think you can get under my skin?" Chuck wondered curiously.
"I know how to push your buttons, Bass. You may act like you're untouchable, but deep down, you have vulnerabilities just like everyone else." Spencer smirks, enjoying the verbal sparring.
"Careful, Spencer. You might just find out that I'm not as predictable as you think." Chuck's smirk widens as he leans closer, the playful tension between them palpable.

"Challenge accepted, Bass. But for now, I have a class to attend. Try not to miss me too much." Spencer smirks before she turns around to walk away and as she does Chuck watches her leave, a hint of amusement and something else flickering in his eyes. "Oh, Spencer, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into," he murmurs to himself before turning back to Nate with a smirk. "Looks like Saturday just got a lot more interesting." Nate chuckled amused at this before the two boys headed inside for class. 

Later that evening, Dan and Spencer found themselves assisting Rufus in putting up flyers for his band, 'Lincoln Hawk's upcoming concert.
"So I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but you know, there's this thing called 'MySpace' where you post all this information online," Spencer quipped, teasing Rufus gently.
"I mean, Spence is right. Save some trees, have a blog." Dan chuckled, agreeing with Spencer. 

"Maybe if musicians would get off their blogs and picked up their guitars, then the music business would be in better shape." Rufus chuckled good-naturedly, shaking his head.
"Oh, so like a true relic." Spencer grinned at Rufus's playful jab making Dan laugh and Rufus send them a playful glare. 
"Thanks guys." Rufus chimed knowingly. 

The banter lightened the mood as they continued their task of hanging flyers around the neighborhood. Rufus thanked them for their help, and Dan's phone chimed with a new text message. He glanced at it and then showed it to Spencer.

[Jenny (Mobile), Sep 24, 2007, 3:15:23 PM, HELP: EMERGENCY. BRING SPENCE. 712 5TH AVE.]

"Hey, Dad, listen, uhm, we've got to run. You'll be okay?" Dan asked, concern etched in his voice.
"Yeah. Your mom will be back. She's always been a free spirit. That's one of the reasons I fell for her in the first place." Rufus nodded reassuringly. 
"I meant with the flyers." Dan clarified awkwardly as Spencer glanced at Rufus sympathetically, understanding the unspoken concern about his wife's absence.

"Luckily, staple guns are old-school. Go, I'm gonna be fine." Rufus smiled at them both making Spencer hesitate. 
"You sure?" Spencer inquired concerned
"One hundred percent, go." Rufus encouraged with a firm nod. With Rufus's assurance, Dan and Spencer hurried off, following the address in Jenny's urgent message, ready to help and curious about the emergency that had prompted Jenny to call for them. 

After their walk there, Dan and Spencer hurriedly made their way through the bustling store, following Jenny's message. They found her near the fitting rooms, trying on a stunning red dress.

"Jenny, what is it? What is wrong?" Spencer asked with concern, noting the urgency in Jenny's text. Jenny turned to them with a mixture of excitement and worry.
"Do you like this on me?" Jenny asked curiously making Dan blink in confusion. 
"Wait... wait a second, is that why you needed us? I thought this was an emergency." Dan trailed off surprised. 

"A fashion emergency. I mean, come on, I've never been to a big dance before." Jenny grinned sheepishly. "Neither have I." Dan chuckled, understanding dawning on him. 
"Yeah, but Mom's gone, and Dad's allergic to department stores." Jenny continued.
"Well, you look good, Jen. You do, really." Dan offered a genuine compliment. 

"Thanks. I mean, too bad it's more than our rent, but I think I can sew something like it." Jenny beamed at the praise and as Jenny contemplated her options, she suddenly noticed Serena and Eric approaching them.
"Oh my gosh, it's Serena. Hi, Serena!" Jenny exclaimed, taking an invitation addressed to Serena out of her bag. Dan, sensing the impending chaos, panicked and vanished into the store. Spencer, about to do the same, was stopped by Jenny's knowing grip on her arm. With a resigned smile, Spencer approached Serena alongside Jenny.

"Hey. Hey, Jenny, right?" Serena greeted warmly.
"Yeah," Jenny confirmed, slightly flustered by Serena's presence.
"This is my..." Serena began hesitant gesturing to the boy next to her. 
"Stylist and personal shopper. Eric, hi." Eric greeted in a joking tone a smile across his face. 
"Hey, nice to meet you." Spencer greeted smiling politely to which Eric returned. 
"Hi, uhm, this is my brother... or..." Jenny trailed off noticing Dan's now absent presence.  

"So is this your dress for the 'Kiss On The Lips' party?" Serena inquired.
"Sort of. Speaking of that..." Jenny handed Serena the invitation she had made during a free period. Spencer watched in surprise as Jenny passed the invitation to Serena.
"Here, I made you one during a free period, but if anyone asks where you got it, I know nothing," Jenny joked. Serena accepted the invitation with gratitude. She glanced at Spencer uncertainly.

"It's fine, I won't say anything," Spencer reassured her with a smile.
"Okay, thanks. Do you think at some point we can meet up and talk? I'd like to catch up," Serena asked tentatively, seeking to mend any past misunderstandings.
"Y-Yeah, of course." Spencer hesitated for a moment before nodding.
"Great. I'll let you know when?" Serena confirmed, making Spencer nod leading to Serena smiling warmly at the two girls before bidding goodbye with Eric and walking away. But suddenly she turned around. 
"Jenny, that dress would look even better in black." Serena offered. 
"Black. Cool. Thanks." Jenny smiled appreciatively as the two left resulting Jenny to turn to Spencer curiously after Serena's departure. 

"Is everything okay between you and Serena?" Jenny inquired. 
"It's complicated, Jen. Nothing to worry about, though. Let's go try on the black dress, alright?" Spencer dismissed and with that Jenny nodded, dropping the topic for now. The two girls ended up finding inspiration for Jenny's dress and even bought one for Spencer before heading back to Jenny's place to work on the dress together.

As they returned back to the Humphrey residence and Spencer and Jenny got settled in, Spencer's phone buzzed with a text from Serena, asking her to meet at the Palace Hotel. Spencer hesitated, unsure about the gathering, but Jenny encouraged her to go, sensing that it might be a chance to mend fences.

As Spencer entered the lobby of the Palace Hotel, she spotted Serena and Blair seated together at the bar. Blair sent Spencer a knowing look, and Serena greeted her with a small smile. Spencer ordered a drink and joined them, taking a seat next to Blair.

"So, how's your mom doing... with the divorce and everything?" Spencer asked Blair, trying to break the ice.
"Great. So my dad left her for another man. She's lost 15 pounds, got an eye-lift. It's been good for her." Blair replied her tone somewhat detached. 
"I'm really sorry." Serena interjected softly. 
"Yeah, I could tell since you didn't call or write the entire time it was happening." Blair's gaze hardened slightly.

"No, I know... I was just... boarding school... it's like..." Serena attempted to explain as her expression faltered, a mix of guilt and sadness crossing her features as Blair cut her off, frustration evident in her voice. "I don't even know why you went to boarding school to begin with. Do you know how it felt, calling your house when you didn't show up at school and having your mom say: Serena didn't tell you that she moved to Connecticut?" Blair remarked dryly.
"I just... I had to go. I needed to get away from everything. Please just trust me." Serena pleaded. 

"How can I trust you when I feel like I don't even know you," Blair retorted, her walls up despite Serena's attempts at reconciliation.
"Let's fix that. I saw you at school with Katy and Is and I get it. I don't want to take any of that away from you. I just..." Serena shifted uncomfortably in her seat as she tried to find the right words.
"Because it's just yours to take if you want it?" Blair interrupted, her tone bitter.
"No, that's not what I mean," Serena protested. "I... I miss you. I just want things to go back to the way they used to be. You know, walking to school together, dancing on tables at Bungalow, the nights when we were at your mom's country house. You both were like my sisters... and with our families... we need each other. All three of us need each other."

"Well, you missed some classic Eleanor Waldorf meltdowns. If it wasn't such a tragedy, it would have been funny. Actually, kinda was." Blair softened slightly, reminiscing about their shared moments. 
"Well, I wish I could have been there." Serena smiled sadly.
"You are now," Blair said, glancing at her watch. "I have to meet Nate. I kind of have something special and..."

"Well, I don't want to keep you, but..." Serena nodded understandingly before hugging Blair tightly. "I love you, B." 
"I love you too, S." Blair returned the hug, her walls momentarily crumbling.

As Blair hurried off, leaving Serena and Spencer alone, there was an awkward tension between them. Serena glanced at Spencer, uncertainty in her eyes, unsure of how to navigate the fragile dynamics of their friendship. 

"So, how about you? How has your Dad been?" Serena inquired, trying to navigate the delicate topic. Spencer chuckled dryly, pouring the remaining martini from Blair's glass into hers.
"Well, right now I have no idea where he is. But on occasion, he'll show up and crash for a while, take some of our money and leave again. So, same as always." Spencer shrugged nonchalantly and took a sip of her drink.

"I'm sorry, Spence," Serena said sincerely, empathizing with Spencer's situation.
"It's fine. I'm used to it. Besides, I have the Humphreys. They're like a second family to me," Spencer replied, a hint of gratitude in her voice.
"Yeah, Jenny seems nice. I just hope she doesn't get dragged into this world..." Serena trailed off, concern evident in her tone.
"You and me both. But if she wants to be a part of it... there's nothing I can do about it but be there for her," Spencer said, acknowledging the complexities of Jenny's situation. Serena nodded understandingly before the conversation turned to Serena's own family secrets.

"So, that guy... from the store... that was your brother, wasn't it?" Spencer asked, her curiosity piqued. Serena seemed momentarily surprised but composed herself, taking a sip of her drink.
"Yeah..." Serena replied awkwardly.
"And is he still..." Spencer left the question hanging, knowing the delicate nature of the topic making Serena nod, confirming Spencer's unspoken question.

"And no one knows?" Spencer inquired further, her voice filled with empathy.
"My mom tells people different stories, like oh, he's visiting family or looking at schools... She doesn't want to harm our image of a family," Serena explained, a touch of sadness in her eyes causing Spencer to nod. "You won't tell anyone, right?"

"As long as you don't tell anyone about Chuck and me," Spencer replied, seeking a mutual understanding. Spencer and Serena clinked their glasses in agreement, taking a sip. However, Spencer ended up finishing her drink and setting it aside.
"I have to get going. I'm supposed to be getting ready with Jenny for the dance," Spencer announced, realizing the time. Serena nodded understandingly, getting up as well.
"Are we okay?" Serena inquired concerned making Spencer hesitate for a moment before nodding, a smile tugging at her lips.
"Y-Yeah, I guess so." She smiled at Serena, who returned the gesture and pulled Spencer into a hug.

"I love you, Spence," Serena said sincerely.
"I love you too." Spencer returned the sentiment before the two girls pulled away, exchanging smiles, and Spencer bid Serena goodbye before heading back to the Humphrey residence, feeling a sense of closure and understanding in her renewed bond with Serena.

After she returned to the Humphrey residence, Spencer greeted Rufus, and headed straight to Jenny's room to resume their dressmaking session. They worked together, stitching and adjusting, while Spencer updated Jenny on the conversation she had with Serena at the Palace Hotel.

As they focused on their task, Dan entered the room with a casual greeting, "Hey!"
"Ah, the invisible man returns. You know, I really had no idea you could move that fast." Spencer teased.
"Yeah, well, the fashion emergency was solved, so... I figured my work was done." Dan shrugged with a slightly amused smiled. 

"Come on, Dan. Serena said hi to you at her 9th-grade birthday party, and you've never forgotten it." Jenny chimed in playfully teasing her brother. 
"How could I? She was the only person who spoke to me. And I'm pretty sure she thought I was someone else." Dan chuckled at the memory.
"Well, you know, she is actually nice," Jenny added optimistically. "And if she did know you, I think she would really like you."

"I don't know, I think she would be a tad overwhelmed by the glitz and the glamour of the Humphrey lifestyle." Dan shrugged, a hint of self-deprecation in his tone.
"Well, I know she's living at The Palace Hotel." Spencer interjected with a playful smirk. 
"Well, my point exactly." Dan raised an eyebrow, catching Spencer's implication.
"I was just there with her, and when I left, she was still at the bar, so now she's probably sitting at the bar by herself, sipping Martinis... all alone," Spencer teased, unable to resist the dramatic flair.

"Oh, and Dad's at the gallery working late. He left money for dinner, so I was thinking Indian." Jenny added on.
"You know... you know what, I think I'm... I'm gonna go out." Dan caught on deciding to excuse himself. 

With Dan's departure, Jenny and Spencer shared a chuckle. "Ok... good, 'cause I already ordered and only got enough for two," Jenny said with a grin. Spencer laughed at the situation, enjoying the camaraderie with Jenny as they continued to sew Jenny's dress together.

The next day, Spencer spent her time getting ready for the party as she tried processing the bombshell information about Serena and Nate that she had learned just a few hours before, her mind raced with thoughts about how this revelation must have been affecting her friend Blair. After she received a distressed call from Blair, who was clearly shaken by Nate's revelation about the past events at the Shepherd Wedding. Spencer felt a mix of shock and concern, wanting to rush over and comfort Blair immediately.

However, when Spencer offered to come over, Blair insisted that she just wanted to be left alone for the moment. Spencer respected Blair's wishes, understanding that sometimes people needed space to process difficult news.

Feeling a bit unsettled but knowing she couldn't force her way into Blair's space, Spencer decided to meet up with Jenny before the party and try to go on with her night. 

 As her and Jenny arrived the party was in full swing. As soon as they stepped in, Chuck's presence was felt, his charisma drawing attention effortlessly. Spencer couldn't help but feel a mix of annoyance and intrigue as Chuck approached them.

"Good evening," Chuck greeted them with his usual charm.
"I need a drink," Spencer quipped, seizing Jenny's arm gently and leading her away from Chuck towards the bar. Chuck followed suit, smoothly ordering Spencer her favorite drink without missing a beat.
"How did you..." Spencer began skeptically, surprised by Chuck's knowledge.
"I know more about you than I lead on, Spencer," Chuck replied casually, a hint of mystery in his eyes. Spencer couldn't help but give him a skeptical look.
"That's not creepy at all," Spencer remarked with a fake smile, earning a smirk from Chuck. Just then, Chuck turned his attention to Jenny.

"Hi, I'm Chuck." Chuck introduced himself as Spencer grabs the drink from the bartender thanking him. 
"I know, uhm, I mean, hi, I'm Jenny." Jenny smiled 
"It's nice to meet you." Chuck replied 
"You too," Jenny nodded. In seconds, Spencer noticed the way Chuck's gaze lingered on Jenny, making her uneasy. Soon, Spencer felt a protective instinct kick in.

"Hey Jen, do you mind grabbing me something to eat, please?" Spencer quickly asked, wanting to separate Jenny from Chuck's gaze. Jenny nodded and walked away to get some snacks, leaving Spencer and Chuck alone for a moment. Spencer narrowed her eyes at Chuck, warning him silently.
"Don't you even think about it, Chuck," Spencer cautioned him, her tone firm.
"Think about what? I was just being friendly." Chuck smirked playfully. 

"You being friendly only leads to one thing." Spencer dismissed not buying it. 
"I find that accusation hurtful." Chuck feigned offense, his expression turning into a fake pout.
"I know you, Chuck, not her. Okay?" Spencer reiterated, emphasizing her point. Chuck shrugged nonchalantly, seemingly dismissing Spencer's concerns for the moment. Before the conversation could continue, Jenny returned with a snack for Spencer, who thanked her with a warm smile. Sensing the need to change the atmosphere, Spencer quickly led Jenny towards the dance floor, leaving Chuck behind momentarily. She hoped that the music and dancing would distract both herself and Jenny from the tension that seemed to follow wherever Chuck went. 

On the dance floor,  the pulsating beat of the music, combined with the swirling lights, created an electric atmosphere on the dance floor. Spencer and Jenny were lost in the rhythm, moving in sync with the music. However, as Spencer briefly glanced around, her attention was momentarily drawn to Blair, and when she turned back, Jenny was nowhere to be seen. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, Spencer scanned the dance floor, her heart rate increasing with worry. She sensed something was wrong, a sinking feeling in her gut. Chuck's presence loomed large in her mind, and she couldn't shake off the nagging concern. 

After she searched everywhere she could she headed to the last spot, the rooftop. With determination fueling her steps, Spencer rushed towards the rooftop, her senses on high alert. As she reached the top, her worst fears were confirmed. Chuck was forcefully advancing on Jenny. Just then, Dan and Serena joined them just as shocked. Reacting swiftly, Spencer intervened, pushing Chuck away from Jenny with a mixture of fury and protectiveness.

"What the hell, Chuck!" Spencer's voice was filled with anger as she confronted him. Dan took this moment to step in between Chuck and Spencer. 
"Son of a..." Dan trailed off as he pushed Chuck away. "What the hell is your problem? It's a party. Things happen. Who are you anyway?" Chuck retorted unfazed and defensive.
"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm in your class. My name is Dan Humphrey... and that is my little sister." Dan replied his voice firm before he punched Chuck straight in the face. In seconds he stumbled back, his nose bleeding. Serena intervened, ushering Jenny away from the escalating confrontation. "Let's go. Come on," she urged, her voice filled with concern as she pushed Chuck aside.

"Chuck, don't you ever touch her again!" Serena's words were sharp, filled with righteous anger.
"Hey, your life is over, slut! Don't forget: I know everything!" Chuck lashed out as the group moved away, Spencer then attempted to follow them, but Chuck grabbed her arm. Her fury reached its peak as she seethed at him, yanking her arm away forcefully.

"Don't you dare touch me," Spencer spat, her voice dripping with contempt. "I warned you, Chuck. I told you, not her, and you did it anyways. You're an ass. Don't ever talk to me again."
"Oh, come on, you don't really mean that—" Chuck tried to reason, but Spencer's resolve was unwavering.
"Never. Again," Spencer cut him off sharply, storming away from him, her footsteps echoing her anger. She caught up with Serena, Dan, and Jenny as they were leaving, and without hesitation, Spencer offered to take Jenny home. Jenny nodded appreciatively, and the two girls climbed into a cab, with Serena and Dan following closely behind in another cab, ensuring Jenny's safety as they headed home for the evening. 

After returning to the Humphrey residence, Spencer watched over Jenny as she settled into bed, making sure she was as comfortable as possible after the traumatic events of the night. Once Jenny was finally resting, Spencer let out a sigh, the weight of the evening's events settling heavily on her shoulders. She couldn't help but feel guilty for letting Jenny out of her sight, even if it had only been for a moment.

When Dan arrived home shortly after dropping off Serena, Spencer felt a mixture of relief and apprehension. Dan's concern for Jenny and for her own well-being was palpable as they spoke.

"How is she?" Dan asked, his voice filled with genuine worry.
"She's okay, shaken up but she's okay," Spencer replied, trying to reassure Dan and herself at the same time.
"Are you okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?" Dan's concern turned towards Spencer. 
"No, I'm fine. But now that you're home, I'll get out of your hair." Spencer shook her head, dismissing the concern. 

"Spence..." Dan started knowing what she was thinking, but Spencer cut him off, a hint of guilt in her voice.
"Don't try and dismiss this. This was my fault. I let her out of my sight. I should've protected her, and I failed her. I'm just lucky I got to her before anything serious happened," Spencer admitted, her voice heavy with self-blame.
"Spence, this isn't your fault, okay? This is Chuck's, all his. He tried to take advantage of someone younger, and he got what was coming to him. I know you and him had a... weird friendship--" Dan's expression softened as he tried to reassure her.

"Chuck and I aren't friends," Spencer interjected sternly, cutting off any notion of a connection between her and Chuck.
"Spence... I know things between us are... complicated. So, it shouldn't surprise you when I say I can recognize it between you and him as well." Dan held her gaze, his words careful. 
"Dan, stop. There's nothing going on between him and me. You don't have to worry." Spencer looked away awkwardly, swallowing nervously.

"I'm always going to worry about you," Dan replied sincerely, his concern evident in his voice. Their tension-filled exchange hung in the air for a moment before Spencer made a decision.
"I think I'm going to head home." Spencer spoke up hesitantly. 
"Okay, you sure you're okay?" Dan questioned again concerned. 

"I'm fine. Just... focus on Jen. Please?" Spencer requested, a hint of vulnerability in her voice.
"Always," Dan reassured her, nodding in agreement. With a light smile, Spencer grabbed her bag and headed towards the door. "Night, Dan."
"Night," Dan replied softly as Spencer left, heading home for the evening, her mind still reeling from the events of the night. 

Spencer's steps were heavy as she walked home, the events of the night weighing heavily on her mind. Her anger towards Chuck was palpable, but there was also a nagging sense of confusion and curiosity. She couldn't shake the question of why Chuck had acted the way he did tonight. Was this behavior a reflection of who he truly was, and had she simply missed the signs until now?

The more she thought about it, the more guilt and embarrassment crept into her thoughts. She couldn't believe that she had ever felt anything resembling friendship or connection with someone like Chuck. The realization hit her hard, and she found herself questioning her own judgment. As she walked the familiar streets, her mind raced with conflicting emotions. Anger at Chuck for what he had done, guilt for not protecting Jenny better, and even embarrassment for once entertaining the idea of a friendship with Chuck, maybe even more than that, before realizing his true colors. It was a humbling realization, and she couldn't help but feel foolish for ever considering him in a positive light.

As she reached her doorstep, Spencer took a deep breath, trying to push aside the conflicting emotions swirling inside her. But as she got ready for the night she couldn't help but wonder what would be the outcome of a night like tonight and as she climbed into bed that thought floated in the back of her mind as she fell into a much needed sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 20K 61
[COMPLETED] Naruto has been living for a long time (kind of Immortal I think but something/someone can kill him) since the war with Madara. He was...
490K 7.4K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
21.8K 650 16
Kyle and Xea have moved forward, built their lives together, what's next for our wonderful couple?
168K 3.5K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...