One Of Us - A Gally, Maze Run...

By The_Ivy_Trio25

Minho would fight for her. Newt would die for her. Thomas would kill for her. Gally would burn the whole wo... More

Foreword
Part 1 - Chapter 1 - Greenie
Chapter 2 - Boys
Chapter 3 - Glade
Chapter 4 - Friends
Chapter 5 - Eleanor
Chapter 6 - Attack
Chapter 7 - Closer
Chapter 8 - Banishment
Chapter 9 - Bond
Chapter 10 - Separated
Chapter 11 - Waiting
Chapter 12 - Revelation
Chapter 13 - Wreck
Chapter 14 - Relief
Chapter 15 - Hold Me
Chapter 16 - Movement
Chapter 17 - Chaos
Chapter 18 - Destruction
Chapter 19 - Broken
Chapter 20 - Escape
Chapter 21 - Death
Authors Note
Part 2 - Chapter 1 - Fortress
Chapter 2 - Clean
Chapter 3 - Remember
Chapter 5 - Run
Chapter 6 - Cranks
Chapter 7 - An Angel
Chapter 8 - Hollow
Chapter 9 - Friends or Foes?
Chapter 10 - Hang tight
Chapter 11 - Boom
Chapter 12 - Apart
Chapter 13 - Interrogation
Chapter 14 - American Pie
Chapter 15 - The Right Arm
Chapter 16 - Brother
Chapter 17 - Betrayal
Chapter 18 - Desperation
Chapter 19 - Payback
Chapter 20 - Promise
Authors Note
Part 3 - Chapter 1 - Train
Chapter 2 - Mistake
Chapter 3 - Plan
Chapter 4 - Tunnel
Chapter 5 - View
Chapter 6 - Kidnapped
Chapter 7 - Impossible
Chapter 8 - Rose
Chapter 9 - Stumble
Chapter 10 - City
Chapter 11 - Anger
Chapter 12 - Traitor
Chapter 13 - Love
Chapter 14 - Phase One
Chapter 15 - Reunion
Chapter 16 - Go
Chapter 17 - Time
Chapter 18 - Revenge
Chapter 19 - Fall
Chapter 20 - Journey
Chapter 21 - Awake
Chapter 22 - End
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 4 - Rescued

956 23 11
By The_Ivy_Trio25

Song - Bring Me To Life (Evanescence)

Everything just slotted into place in that moment, like the final piece of the ever-growing puzzle. The little blonde boy in my memories... was him. Those were my parents. He was my brother. I had known him before the maze. But to this extent, I could have never imagined. I just stared at the blonde hair, hazel eyes, and round face I recognized on myself. How could I have been so stupid?

I stared at him as soldiers started to try and body their way through the door that had been blocked by a metal table. Minho stood in front with a gun,

"Get back! Get back!" he yelled as I latched onto Thomas.

"Please tell me what is going on!" I yelled over the commotion. No one responded.

"We got to get out of here!" Minho bellowed as the soldiers started to break down the door.

"Where do we go?" Someone screamed. I saw the glass window lining the wall behind us, at the same time Thomas did.

Thomas let go of me and grabbed a metal stall beside the bed.

"Everybody stand back!" he instructed, before slamming it into the glass. It rebounded off.

"Newt help!"

Newt grabbed another stall, "Ready?" he yelled.

And together they said,

"3, 2, 1!" Before smashing the window into thousands of tiny pieces.

Newt grabbed my hand and nudged me forward to jump over the now-empty windowsill. Tom jumped over first and gave me his arm as I stepped with my bare feet into the wall, showered in glass. I winced but didn't say anything and Tom grabbed me under the legs and placed me gently on my feet on the opposite side. My eyes trailed to our exit and just on the opposite side of the hall did I see another operating room. I remembered something that Dr Crawford had said while I was in the void-like state.

"Come on move let's go! Thomas!" Minho yelled while chucking the gun he held into Tom's hands.

"Stay behind me!" Tom ordered while swinging open the door and was met with a soldier. And out of pure instinct, Tom shot the gun into the soldier's chest.

He was pushed several meters back and shook violently on the ground, blue lights of electricity zapping his body.

"Shit, okay come on!" Tom yelled while starting to run forward.

"Wait!" I screamed while pivoting and sprinting to the door just across the hall.

"Ella come on!" Tom screamed. I stopped but my hand remained on the door handle.

"There's another girl in here, we can save her!"

"El, we don't have time!" Newt yelled.

"Please! I don't know what they were planning to do to me, but I think they're going to do the same with her!" I pleaded.

Thomas let out an exasperated breath,

"Fine! Just hurry!"

I swung open the door and was met with another familiar face.

Teresa.

More memories came flooding into my brain as I rushed to her side. We used to work together. She was one of us. Wicked must have turned on her too-. I looked at Thomas and I could instantly tell he too recognized her. He looked at me and must have read my face because he mouthed,

"You remember?"

I nodded before lightly shaking her shoulder.

"Hey, Teresa!"

Her eyes gently fluttered open, as her eyes registered and she realized it was me, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Teresa?" Thomas asked in disbelief.

"Eleanor? Thomas?" She gasped.

"Wait you know each other?" Newt puzzled with a confused expression looking between the three of us.

"Yes, I'll explain later," I breathed.

"What, how- how are you here?" She stammered.

"Doesn't matter now, we are getting out of here and you're coming with us," I revealed firmly, while grasping her arms and gently helping her out of the bed.

I heard Minho's voice from outside the room,

"Uh, guys! You may want to hurry up!" he warned as I guided her out the room.

I saw what he was worried about. The soldiers had just broken through the door. And were heading in our direction. Fast.

"Fuck" I cursed, "Run you guys!" I screamed while turning on my heel and sprinting as fast as I could down the hall, followed by everybody else.

Thomas passed me as we reached the main vault door. He whipped a key card out of his pocket and swiped along the security machine. It beeped in a somber tone. He tried again. And then again. The others crowded around the door.

"Thomas?" I squeaked, he looked up at me and then Newt, eyes wide in terror.

"Thomas," A familiar voice echoed behind us. I recognized it immediately. We all turned and were met with the face of a rat. Janson. And several guards with large shields to protect them on the other end of the hall.

Thomas handed Minho the card before he loaded the gun and started walking towards the soldiers. Newt stepped in front of me. I swallowed, god, I just wanted to tell him everything right now. But I have to wait. This wasn't the time.

"Open this door Janson!" Thomas bellowed while aiming the gun at the man's face.

"You really don't want me to," Janson snarled back with his hands in the air.

"Open the damn door!" He screamed.

"Listen to me! I'm trying to save your life! The maze is one thing, but you kids wouldn't last one day out in the scorch. If the elements don't kill you... the cranks will,"

The word sent shivers down my spine. Images of the video we had seen after the maze flooded my brain. The virus that destroys the brain... zombies. The screams I heard when we first arrived. It all made sense now. But Tom didn't waver from his defensive stance.

"Thomas, you have to believe me... I only want what's best for you,"

"Yeah? Let me guess, Wicked is good?" Tom sneered.

Janson dropped his hands from the sky,

"You're not getting out that door Thomas," he said with a smirk.

A triumphant-sounding beep and whooshing sound behind us made us all jump. We spun and were met with Winston and some other random blonde boy,

"Hey guys," The boy greeted.

"Come on!" Frypan urged as we all ran through to the other side of the door.

"Thomas! Come on let's go!" Newt yelled back at him. Tom turned to look at us before facing back at Janson and started to shoot the electric bullets at him. Janson cowered like a puppy behind the shields but Tom kept shooting.

"Come on Tom!" I screamed. The gun stopped firing and Tom threw it at the soldiers before turning on his heel and sprinting towards us.

The vault door started to close as an alarm rang out around us.

"No!" Newt screamed.

"Thomas!" I yelled.

"Come on!"

"You can do it!"

"Go!"

He wasn't going to make it; the door was a foot from the ground. But Thomas slid on his side and tucked his head in. And he slid out the other side with precision.

Newt pulled him up and grasped him in a tight hug.

"You're a dick you know?" Newt stammered in between pants. Thomas just stood, still in shock.

"Move! Move!" The boy I didn't know said while smashing the control panel with a metal stick.

In that moment Janson reached the little window on the sliding door. He cursed at us from the other side.

"What the fuck is going on Thomas?!" I hissed.

Thomas didn't respond as he held up his middle finger with a smug grin at Janson. The rat man cursed again.

"We'll explain later just come on" Newt yelled while grasping my hand and pulling me away from the door. He didn't let go as we all sprinted the way we had entered through the construction site until we reached the massive main doors that opened out to the wilderness. Thomas found a bright red latch and pulled it. With a groan and several metallic clicks, the doors screeched open. And barrels of hot, sandy wind blasted into our faces. I squinted, trying to keep the sand out of my face. We all looked out in the pitch-black, unsure of what we should do. But we heard more soldiers coming through several doors around us.

"Come on! Come on!" Tom yelled before running outside. And we all followed... into the Scorch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 94 16
"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖, ℂ𝕝𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖," 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤, 𝕒 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕡𝕤...
43K 1K 71
A Newt x Female OC Story I have no collection of anything before coming up from the box. No memories came to me about my past life. The only thing I...
128K 962 46
Basically a bunch of imagines with the Maze Runner characters. Such as Thomas, Newt, Minho, & Gally. Some cute, fluff, or smut. Depending on what yo...
276K 9.1K 73
Jane is put in the maze as the first girl, but she has different intentions than the others. At first, she doesn't remember anything except for her n...