I Found You

By AbhaAbhirami

There is this identity crisis for me in which I can specifically find the difference in my thoughts, prioriti... More

Chapter 1 The Return
Chapter 2- Team
Chapter 3 The Performance
Chapter 4 The Decision
Chapter 5 Moving in
Chapter 6 My Space
Chapter 7 My Boss
Chapter 8 The Drunk One
Chapter 9 The Attack
Chapter 10 My Boy
Chapter 11 Back To Home ๐Ÿ”ž
Chapter 12 A Chance
Chapter 14- Family Time
Chapter 15- People Of Minor Family

Chapter 13- Am I Good Enough?

1K 53 5
By AbhaAbhirami

Vegas

It has been 5 days since the attack. Papa doesn't want me to go behind it and still consider that it was a robbery attempt. But Nop however is still digging more into the incident.

"Hey."

I recognized the voice instantly.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?"

"Woah. Don't overreact. Big brother was whining about visiting Macau since the attack. So I just came with him for company. "

Kinn said and handed me a cigarette. I definitely knew Kinn was here to console me. He knew how precious Macau was to me. And he is definitely as tense as I am about the attack.

"So... I heard Uncle Kan doesn't want more investigation. Did you stop looking for the attackers?"

I can feel his concern.

"Why should I disclose that to you? So you can keep the attackers safe?"

"Do you think I am stupid enough to attack Macau? Well, if I ever had any intention. I should aim at you Vegas. Not the kid. "

He is lying. I have known Kinn for all my life. No matter how much our family are rivals to each other. He can't seriously attack me. He even considers Macau as his little brother.

"Well, Papa may have his reasons. Anyway, I am doing things my way."

"His reason?! You should seriously take this to Uncle Vegas. They aimed at Macau. That's not how our mafia rivalry works. You can't fool yourself into considering it a robbery."

Kinn is frustrated.

"If you can't handle this, leave it to me. I will make sure to find them within 2 days. "

"So you are saying I am not good enough to find whoever attacked my brother?"

I raised my voice.

"Well, if you were, you should have found them by this time."

Kinn smirked.

"I know how to deal with this Kinn. Stop putting your nose on others' business. After all,  Macau is MY brother."

"Oh yes. He is. What a fate for that little boy! God didn't have mercy to give him to me. If he was MINE, he wouldn't go through this. Because I. Know. How. To. Protect. My. Family."

Kinn raised against me. I folded my fist to hit him.

"Umm... Khun Kinn, Porshe is looking for you."

Pete came to the balcony. Kinn left and he followed him. Pete looked back and glared at me.

"What???" I whispered looking at him.

Oh please, don't tell me he is upset because I mess with his boss. I am not going to do that game. Did he like his boss more than his husband?

The rest of the day went horribly as it always was. Apparently, Macau was delighted to see Kinn and they were having a lot of 'fun' playing video games together with Porsche. And Pete was also standing next to them showing off his cute dimples for lame jokes of that dumbass Kinn while leaning on Arm's shoulders. Wait, Why is he leaning on Arm???

I glared at him and he didn't even notice that I existed in that room. I went out to smoke a cigarette. Someone needs to know about the boundaries.

"Khun Vegas." I recognized Nop's voice. It was disappointed.

"Did we get any leads?" I asked him straight forward.

"Well, yes. We had narrowed down the attackers. Our tech team and other spies confirmed that the attackers never belonged to any of the Italian, Chinese, or American gangs. There never was any conflict or move against us on the international board"

"So?"

"So, our suspects belong to Thailand's local mafia gang Khun."

"Local gangs? That's insane. Why should they attack us? They know very well that if they lay a finger on our mafia group, they will be miserable for the rest of their lives!"

"Yes, Khun. They are well aware of our mafia power. They know their small gangs will be shattered under our strength. And they never act against us for years." Nop added.

"Unless they had support within our mafia." I sated.

"Yes, Khun. It should be powerful so they don't need to think about their safety. "

"Nop, So anyone in our mafia can be the culprit. From the stakeholders and fellow gangs to family. We need to suspect everyone. "

"Right Khun."

"All I can confirm now is Kinn is not the one we are looking for. But we still can't take off Kim or Uncle from the list. You get what I am saying?"

"I got it, Sir. I am on it. I will give you more details as soon as I get anything."

"Thanks, Nop."

The day went too fast. Major family chaos left before dinner and now I am sitting peacefully on the balcony star gazing. And the words Kinn said haunted me while I was sipping my wine on the balcony. Maybe he was right. God made the wrong choice by giving Macau to me. I am not good enough to protect him. And I couldn't even spend much quality time with him like Kinn when he was injured. I broke the promise that I made to Mom saying I will look after him. Why am I always a failure? Why can't I protect anyone near me? Why do I end up hurting everyone I love? Mom... Nop... Pete... Now Macau..! What is the point of living like this shit?

One stroke of a tear shed from my eyes. I can't sleep. I need to get a drink. I grabbed the car keys from the cupboard.

"Where are you going?" Pete was standing in the shadow.

"I... I just need a drive. I will be quick." I said not looking at him.

"Are you going to get yourself drunk again?"

"I need some fresh air, Pete!" I got frustrated and shouted.

"Fine! Go wherever you want! Who am I to block you? At least take P'Nop with you. Of course, not for your safety. For our sake! We bodyguards are risking our lives to protect people like you from every danger. So please show some dignity! Stop wandering alone."

Shit! I made him angry. I don't know why but I couldn't move a step forward after Pete's tantrums. What should I do? Should I say sorry? Will it be awkward? Or should I just run? No, maybe he will leave me for that! Should I call Nop? Where is New? Urh... Those idiots were wandering here a while ago. Please! Someone save me!

"Vegas..." Pete called me. His voice is tender again. Phew!

I gently looked at him.

"Come here." he opened his arms towards me. And I went straight to him.

"What is it?"

Pete asked while rubbing me back. I felt a very warm soothing that I never had for years. I started to tear up.

"Pete!" I hugged him tight.

"I... I am not good enough Pete! I... I am not good!"

"Is that so? I don't see any reason to say so." Pete said in his soothing tone.

"It's been days and I still can't find out anything about the attack. Macau deserves better. He is a good kid you know."

"Yeah, I know. He is a good one. Nothing like his brother."

I chuckled and clung to his shoulders.

"Why don't you start the search within the house?" Pete asked.

"What?"

"Well, the attackers knew the blind spots of the camera, and where fewer guards patrolling. It will not be a coincidence."

"So, are you saying they got a spy on our guards?"

"That is the only logical clue I see. But I still don't know why they attacked the kid though. I mean your room is the closest one to the balcony. And injuring you would be easy if that was their intention." Pete added.

"Unless they deliberately came to kill Macau," I stated in shock.

"What? Why should anyone want to kill Macau? If it's anything related to the mafia rivalry they must target you."

"Yeah. We need to find that spy to know if attacking Macau was a mistake or if they actually targeted him."

I felt a little relieved that we made a small progress in the attack.

"So, now you know what to do, do you still need to get drunk?" Pete asked while removing his arms around me.

"No. But I need more hugs for emotional support." I clung to him.

"Urh... You reek of cigarettes! By the way. I kinda agree that you are not good enough. Can I dumb you?" Pete asked giggling.

I pinched his waist and whispered to his ears,
"At least I am too good in bed!"

"Ew! Stop talking dirty like that!"

"Well, if you doubt we can test" I tightened my grip against his waist.

"Hey don't even start Vegas! Go shower and sleep. I need to rest"

"Urgh..! Fine! Fine! Just give me a kiss then."

"No," Pete said blushing.

"I am your husband. I have the right to have that." I leaned towards his face.

"Stop saying that! Urgh! Stop squeezing me! Fine. I give in!"

Pete gave me a peck and I was clearly expecting that so I bit his lips and made him open his mouth. I explored his mouth with my tongue and I could feel Pete gripping on my shirt. I was glad that he was enjoying my touch. I gently took back my lips and gave another peck to him.

"Just go to the bar! And live there!" Pete said while hitting my chest gently. I seized and kissed his little but strong fingers.

I took a quick shower and made a mental note to share more details with Nop first thing in the morning. I need to prove to myself that I am good enough for Macau!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 7.7K 103
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
2.7M 67.3K 123
Imagines and Oneshots from the Harry Potter Universe โœงโ‚Šโบ Draco Malfoy, Mattheo Riddle, Theodore Nott, Lorenzo Berkshire, Pansy Parkinson, Tom Riddle...
153K 11.1K 61
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
125K 7.4K 91
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...