The Devil and I

By _shee_writesss

To everyone who felt like they weren't enough. Noor Kapoor A Calm and ambivert Girl. Focused, Strong and Sma... More

Characters
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30
31.
32.
33.
Important
34

20.

44.8K 3K 184
By _shee_writesss

Hello!

Ig some of you don't know this but I update every Sunday (or like try to) and early updates only if the target is completed. And please stop asking about it, I've a life out there and I'm a freaking PCM student.🥲

Rant- My mood is really off today. Like really really off. I just failed an exam. No it was not any important one and like our whole class failed(like legit). But still I just can't keep up with the fact that I scored so low because I've always been you know one of the bright student. (Not the topper but a good rank holder uk).

Also I've developed this bad habit of reading all the your comments on this book. While most of the people have showered their love and amazing reactions upon it, a few of them have slammed very rude comments. Ik I shouldn't mind them and focus on the positive side but please just take a look from my side. It has taken a toll on my mind and after reading'em, I don't even know wtf am I doing anymore. Ik I'm over reacting probably.

However, let's leave this topic here, we are here for positivity and fun. If you can't keep up with my book, kindly leave and stop reading.

And all my cute little cupcakes, I love you guys. You are the ones who push me to write more and more. This update is for ya'all.

Noor's POV

"Well now that my wife has won, I gotta gift her something." Abhiman said.

I raised and stood up with the help of my dearest husband who so politely thought of giving me a hand.

A shear of coldness passed through my body as soon as he left my hand and started walking towards the another side.

"Oh yes yes. Gifts time." Aadhya said from behind.

Abhiman walked towards dad and they both exchanged some words. Dad nodded to something and turned back to us smiling.

"Well Noor bache. We were gonna give you this no matter you won or not. But you won so that calls for double celebration, I mean gifts." He said and looked back at Abhiman.

The latter gave his dad a curt nod and dad moved backwards and picked some black colour file which was kept on one of the couch. He handed over the file to Abhiman.

Abhiman came towards me and handed over me the file and said-
"Congratulations MRS. NOOR ABHIMAN SINGH CHAUHAN or should I say CEO of our own premium clothing brand- Threads&Stitches."

ABHIMAN's POV.

I said and looked straight into her hazels. When I tried to place the file in her hand she was dumbfounded or more like stuck. She wasn't moving and looking back at me like someone just gave her shock of the world. Her hazels were gone into some other world and her face looked pale like she has zoned-out. Did I do something wrong? Did I offended her?

No way. I just gave her the best gift of her life. Why would she be offended? Mom and dad were planning this for her since the moment she entered our house as their daughter in-law. While coming downstairs today, dad took me to his study and handed me over the file.

Flashback.

"Abhiman."

"Dad." I said and give him a curt nod and looked at him in confusion when he handed me over the file.

Wasn't he the one to say that today there will be no work? Now he is handing me a file when we just have a few minutes before we start with post wedding rituals?

Weird Chauhans.

I thought and took the file and studied it thoroughly. It was documents of our clothing brand. The one owned by Chauhans.

Threads&Stitches is a brand owned by us very CHAUHANS. We have multiple business, and one of which is threads & stitches. It was looked by chachi earlier and I had no interest in it so I never looked what profit it made but I knew it was one of the thriving brands working in India currently. It is located near my headquarters and I get a perfect view of the company from my office as it is at 67th floor.

I looked back at my dad with confusion and he said.

"We are thinking it to give the ownership to Noor. Well your mom wants her daughter in-law to work rather than staying up at home so..." he shrugged his shoulder at the end.

Oh. Okay. Now I get it. Well I know that Noor is into fashion designing and completed her masters from Boston University and worked under a renowned designer as an intern, uh, what was his name?

Ah right Lorenzo Mikaelson.

I've never personally met him but as much as the google says, he is the best at his work. Reputation clean as water. He has hundreds of fashion shows lined up every year and has been ruling all over the world with his glamorous designs.

I read all this on her file which I have on her brought by Jayveer. My assistant is really good at his work. I know.

Well as much as I loath her having around, I can give her this company.

Yeah. Stop lying to yourself Abhiman.

However, I don't mind her working and well this way she'll be away from me, for her own good and mine.

"Fine dad. But why do you want me to give her this?" I asked.

"It will look good. It will make her happy and she will feel like her husband is helping her and isn't a caveman who closes off his wife." He said sitting calmly on his chair.

"Dad stop it. I didn't even wanted this marriage at the first place. I don't need to act around her. She's just unnecess-"

"Stop it. Right there. Stop." Dad stood up and practically yelled out.

He exhaled again and rubbed his hand on his forehead and sat down on his chair.

"Abhiman. Get your shit together. She is your wife. Respect her. I didn't raise you to see this day. My son disrespecting his wife. Oh god."

"Dad. Relax. I'm not disrespecting her. She knows I told her that I will never be able to accept her and she herself got her into this-" I was saying again to calm him but he cut me out and yelled again.

"Are you out of your mind Abhiman? Do you mean she has been with you since past month knowing this?"

"Y-yes."

"Who the fuck are you? Abhiman. Oh god. Abhiman she is your wife. What were you gonna make her do next? Divorce her in next one year or something? For fuck's sake. Move on from your past. Vishakha's dead for her own good. Stop it." He exhaled.

Dad has probably said it for the first time. He was very supportive of my all the decisions I took all my life but whenever I told him about her, he used to dodge the topic and well practically warned me that I shouldn't get involved with her. I wish I had listened to him rather than fighting with him and not talking to him for 2 years.

Yes. The day I joined The OUTSIDER's was the last day dad talked to me father to-son. We were close a lot. But drifted apart for one reason. Vishakha.

He himself is a member of the club so we used to meet each other at regular intervals but never really talked like we used to. However after break up he tried to talk me out like a lot but I just shut him off like I did to everyone else.

We both didn't say anything for a few minutes and I finally broke the silence.

"It's not about Vishakha." I took a long beat and continued
"It's just... it's just I cannot fear to restart dad-"

" Iknow. I know it's hard to restart Abhiman. Even I was in your place exactly 3 decades ago. I know what you're feeling. You are not alone in this Abhi. Think about Noor. She is also there with you, she left her home for you. Who is she here for? You Abhiman. You. She'll stay here with you till the end of the world if you just.-"

She's here for me. Noor is not like her. She'll stay with me till the end of the world.
Dad's words registers my mind unknowingly. His words so promising that I can't even look a shear of hesitation in them.

"Abhiman, just trust me this time and listen to me. Give this relationship a chance Abhiman-" he was gonna comtinue with his long lasting speech but was cut off by his phone ring.

Mi amor.

Thankyou Mom. Only his wife can shut him up.

He picked up the call and talked to mom with such a sweet voice that made me have existential crisis. How much of a double-faced is this man? He talked so softly with her that no one would even believe that he is some business man who is in mafia world since past 30 years. Huh.

"Fine. Nandini is calling us downstairs. Let's go and you'll give her this file and a chance to this relationship. Got it? Or else..." he said giving me his signature eye stare that he gives when he wants to showcase his dominance.

Huh as if.

I gave him a nod and we both headed downstairs.

Yes I straight faced lied to him. And I lie to myself. I say some stupid things in other languages whenever she's near and the I act like she doesn't matter.

Hmm. She surely has casted some black spell on me.

Flashback ends.

Dad asked me to give over the company to Noor today after the rituals and I agreed.

I looked around to the surroundings and everyone was looking at us in awe.

Well uncle don't look at me like that. Your precious daughter is zoned out. I looked back at Noor who was standing in front of me probably reaching till my shoulders and looking me up like an alien.

At last I did what I had to do, I took my left hand and kept it on her shoulder and shook her mildly and called her out and said
"Noor eye-rape me later. Abhi sab dekh rhe h."

(Noor, eye rape me later. Everyone is watching.)

She came out of her zone and I grinned like an idiot like I'm always trying to be around her. She quickly took the file from my hands and started reading it.

Reading it ever so carefully, her eyes started glistening. I was looking around not trying to focus on her tears because those tiny eye drops do something very unrealistic inside me. And I don't wanna feel that unrealistic-ness inside me ever again. Not going there.

"Oh my god." She whispered and looked back and forth between the file and me with her red eyes due to tears.

"OH MY GOD." She screamed the very next moment and a small little rabbit jumped on me pulling me offguard.

Except it wasn't a rabbit but my own wife.

Before I could fall down, I took her in my arms and gathered all my power to stay there on my legs while she strangled me with all her excitement.

She squeezed the life out of me and squealed"Oh my god. Thankyouu so muchh. Thankyouu so much Abh-"

Soon she got cut off when she tried to pull back and looked back into my eyes.

"It's okay, moy ZAYchik." I said and looked back in her eyes with same intensity. Her hazel eyes got me hooked and I couldn't look away from her. It feels nostalgic. It is that euphoric feeling that I've once felt before.

Wait. No.

Get over it Abhiman. As dad said. It's NOOR.

"What? Zay- zay- what??" She asked looking at me like a curious little bunny she is. I named her perfectly. She is a ZAYchik.

"It's russian." I said and stared down at her shamelessly forgetting about my surroundings.

"First of all, how many languages do you even know?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows.

"Ahem. Ahem." Dadaji or probably some old man standing there coughed bringing us back to earth. She realised our situation and detangled herself from me.

Soon she got back from my arms and weird sense of coldness spread around me on lost of her touch. The same feeling which I felt when I picked her up an hour ago and let her go after that? What the fuck is happening to me?

I'm black hearted. With black heart and no empathy or emotions. Stop it.

She turned back to face her family who were staring us already. A red hue covered her cheeks, ears and neck probably which I wasn't able to have a clear look of due to her hairs.

"Nooorrrr. Oh sorry. Mrs. Noor Chauhan. CEO of Thread&Stiches. Will you please come and hug your brother?" His dramatic-ass brother said with a biggest smile showing his all white teeth.

She ran back to him and they hugged each other with same intensity. Pakka ek hi khoon hai.
I thought and shook my head.

Dad came from side and gave me his proud smile. The smile that he never gave me one since last like 3 years or something.

I miss my old man. No matter how much strict or irritating his speeches are. I love him.

I looked back at the scene which was going on in front of me. Noor taking blessings from everyone and then maa hugged her and kissed her forehead and said something in her ears and Noor laughed more after that. A smile crept on my face. A fucking genuine one.

No. Wait. Happiness is just a phase Abhiman. Don't. Don't.

It will ruin you. Just like it did before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Target:- 1k likes and comment if you want.
I'm sorry I know this might be a boring chapter but well I was in no mood to type it off. I just did it. Also guys, I'm sorry to disappoint you, I know how some of you are attached to this story and well I'm not able to give ya'all what you guys deserve. I'm sorry for everything and well I request you all that please kindly wait for further updates patiently and if you can't, kindly read other amazing books available and you can read this one when it's completed. Thankyou for taking out your time and reading this.

2500+ words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 108K 41
~Glimpse~ I stepped out of bathroom and saw my hukum sa standing there with his back facing me "Abhir." I called out his name before turning my bac...
1.5M 83K 53
Abhiman Singh rajvansh -Just like his name that man screams power and dominece. -He's the one who possesses the power and intelligence to change th...
1.3M 52.7K 78
The story of a royal The king who lost his heart to a girl at his first sight only.. his deep yearning for her.. his deep love for her.. join the...
401K 15K 50
It's a story about pratiksha, an innocent girl from a middle-class family. She falls in love with a wrong guys , but her destined one turns to be a b...