time lapse ⇒pietro maximoff

By trickylittleangel

"moon dust in your lungs, stars in your eyes, you are a child of the cosmos, a ruler of the skies." {age of u... More

PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING FIC:)
P r e f a c e
P l a y l i s t
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX

VII

14.2K 512 234
By trickylittleangel

Eden

A day had passed since my first conversation with Gabriel, and two since Michael and I discovered my star. I haven't seen Steve show his face around in the building since last night, but I've seen flashes of his golden hair in some of the rooms. That I quickly identified as fitness centers.

Natasha had fitted me into some athletic clothing, and gave me a pair of footwear that implied that I was going to engage in physical activity.

Clint had been walking on eggshells around me all afternoon, almost like poking a stick at an explosive. Testing to see if I'll blow. He took me to a room similar to the ones I've caught fleeting glimpses of, and opened several cabinets.

"So today, if your first day training. But before we choreograph your daily training exercises, we have to determine your powers. How to harness them, channel them, and use them to defend yourself. I had noticed some telekinetic abilities, but we won't be able to narrow down an exact routine unless we find your strengths and weaknesses. So, take a lap." Clint said, motioning with his finger a circle and I noticed the white circle painted around the room.

"Run."

I nodded, and I took off at a steady pace, making my way around the room in less than 20 seconds, and Clint shouted.

"Add another 4, maintain your pace! Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth and focus on the ground ahead of you. Focus, don't derail your focus from anything but the ground moving beneath you." Clint said motivating, and after the second lap around, I felt my calves begin to burn, and my breaths were more quick and short, and through my mouth.

"Straighten your back, and breath in through nose and out through mouth, it improves endurance when running!" Clint said again, and I had followed his instructions, and I felt slightly better.

"Better! After you finish your fourth lap, get some water and walk over to the foam mats." Clint instructed, with a satisfied smirk on his face and I ran around the track again and headed directly to a bottle full of cold water.

Before I had reached the bottle of water, it had rose off of the counter it sat placidly on, and moved sharply over to my hand. It smacked my hand and dropped to the floor with a loud bounce and I gasped in shock.

"Anything wrong?" Clint asked from the other side of the room.

I slowly turned my head around, masking my face of horror terribly, and nodded.

"I moved that bottle of water. I just looked at it and felt a strong urge for it and it just levitated over to me." I explained, and Clint walked over to me with a satisfied smirk.

"So I was right, you do have telekinesis. Has this happened any other time before?" Clint asked, and I nodded once again, in fear.

"In my room. I was retrieving a book." I spoke softly, and Clint clapped me on the back gently.

"Alright, so now we can determine what a suitable fitness/training routine would be ideal for you. So far it's mainly just finding the source and type of your powers." Clint explained and I closed my eyes for a brief moment to listen if Gabriel or Michael were listening in.

"Alright, could you try to move that water bottle again? Perhaps lift it up from the ground?" Clint asked curiously, and I moved my head to look at it. It remained untouched, but movable.

"Yes." I murmured, and began to stare at it intensely.

I told myself I needed it, and fabricated an urge to bring it up to my arms. It vibrated, and I lost my concentration for a second. But then I brought my hands up, outstretched and ready to catch the bottle, and the bottle zoomed up to my hands and Clint clapped.

"Well done! Even if it may be small, it's a step in a great direction!"

I smiled feebly, and rolled the bottle in my hands.

It gets easier. Just feel the compelling urge of your strength overwhelm you.

~~

"Eden, Thor's send off just began. Do you want to come down and hang out with some of the guests or stay up here?" Natasha asked softly as she held a dress and a bag and shimmied it.

I glanced up from a book I was reading, and contemplated my options for a moment.

"Perhaps meeting new people would be healthy." I suggested, and she gave a small smile of relief.

"Hm, I should follow your advice. Most of the guests are good people, and friends of ours. But if you get uncomfortable, just come find me and I'll take you up to your room or to the library." Natasha explained with warmth and I nodded expectantly.

"Now, we need you to get ready. Take a seat on the vanity stool. I'll get you all dolled up." Natasha said holding up her bag and I flashed a weak smile.

I did as she told me, and silently worried as she set assorted tools on the vanity.

Gabriel and Michael hadn't spoken much at all, all day. I began to worry for my celestial brothers. Would if they're hurt? Would if I can't speak to them anymore?

Natasha's voice interrupted my slew of nervous thoughts, and tilted my face upwards.

"You've got wonderful skin and natural high cheek bones. I'm only going to apply minimal mascara and eyeliner, along with a touch of eyeshadow and lipstick. Is that alright?" She explained, and her words had no meaning.

"What's all those things you described?" I asked confusedly, and she chuckled.

"Well, hon, this is makeup."

~~

After Natasha had done my 'makeup', she fitted me into an outfit. I wore a camisole type shirt that was black, a spiked necklace, a grey and white patterned skirt that was a little bit short, and a pair of strappy heels.

I had stared into the mirror of the vanity for quite some time after she had left, and noticed how dramatically different I had looked. The silver dust that was elegantly swept over my eyelids with a touch of black eyeliner, made my blue eyes pop with intensity. My lips were coated with a mauve pink color and brought out color in my cheeks.

Natasha had said to come down whenever I was ready, but my nerves were getting the best of me. Gabriel and Michael have yet spoken to me, during this entire day.

I glanced one last time in the vanity mirror and stood up. I took some calming deep breaths and steadied myself, and left my room.

I instantly heard relaxing jazz and a scent of alcohol and various foods invaded my senses and relaxed my nerves.

I walked down the spiral stair case that lead directly into the living area and several people glanced up at me and stared. I felt heat rise up to my cheeks in embarrassment and I quickly scampered off to find a more secluded area.

I found myself standing by the window, gazing outside at the nighttime sky. Seeking my star out like pirates searching for a speck of land. My eyes found the star almost instantaneously and I felt my mind aimlessly searching for my two brothers.

"You look lovely." I heard from behind me, and I jumped. I saw a flash of the familiar golden hair and calmed.

Steve had looked at me with a small smirk, but it was friendly. I returned a quick grin and adverted my gaze back to my star.

"You seem like you're expecting someone." Steve spoke once more, urging a reply from me.

I nodded, and spoke.

"Michael and Gabriel haven't spoken a word since yesterday." I said softly, my nerves prickling.

Steve moved closer beside me, in a comforting motion and found my star, his eyes glimmering.

"They're your family, maybe not by blood. But it's sensible to concerned about their wellbeing." Steve said, his words mildly comforting.

I nodded, fidgeting my fingers, and taking one last glimpse at my star.

"They're the only family that I can remember."

~~

At the end of the party, only the team and a few others stayed behind and relaxed on a pristinely white couch.

"C'mon! It's a trick!" Clint had said once again, playfully arguing with the large God, Thor.

"No, I'm positive it's not a trick." Thor insisted, with a swarthy grin.

"'Whosoever be worthy shall haveth the power!'" Clint mimicked Thor's naturally deep voice and rolled his eyes. "It's still a trick."

Clint and Thor had been at each other's throats, with playful banter, on how Thor could be worthy enough to wield his hammer.

"Oh please, be my guest." Thor gestured the hammer for Clint to try to lift.

"Really?" Clint asked dubiously, his excitement not failing to show in his expression.

"Clint, you've had a rough week. We won't hold this against you." Tony said teasingly, and Clint rolled his eyes.

Clint had bent his knees, and wrapped his fingers tightly around the handle and tried to lift the hammer, but with no prevail. It was obvious that Clint had expected the hammer to lift with ease, and his hands fumbled and lost his grip. Beads of sweat collected around his temples and he let go with a huff of defeat.

"I still don't know how you do it." Clint said with a small smile, collapsing onto the couch.

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony said fleetingly, and I glanced over at him.

I saw the wheels turn behind his eyes and felt myself subconsciously tune into his thoughts.

Simple physics. A tight grip and lift from the legs. I'm worthy!

"Please, Stark! By all means." Clint offered, extending his hand out to the hammer.

Tony stood up, accepting the challenge and unbuttoned his coat.

"Never want to shrink from an honest challenge." He said with pure confidence, studying the hammer.

He walked over to the hammer and bent his knees.

"It's simple physics. So, if I lift it, I rule Asgard?" Tony asked and Thor shrugged without a worry.

"Yes, of course."

"I will be re-instituting preemption." Tony said with a smirk and began to attempt to lift Thor's hammer.

There was no sound, or any sign of movement from the hammer and Clint snickered.

Tony lifted with a huff, and blinked.

"Be right back." He said, turning around. He left for a few minutes but returned with a metal arm piece.

He handed one over to his friend, Rhodey, and they both attempted to move the hammer. Even with the benefit with Stark's advanced tech and engineering to lift heavy objects, Tony and Rhodey were no match for the hammer.

"Bro, are you even pulling?!" Rhodey asked, exasperatedly.

"Are you on my team?!" Tony retorted.

"Just represent, man!"

Their efforts proved no difference to the hammer, and they soon tired out and fell into the plush couch.

Steve had also gotten up to attempt to wield Thor's beloved hammer, and had made a budge. His efforts had shocked Thor, and he had not one look of strain.

He can lift it. You can't be halfway worthy. I heard Michael's voice and I jumped.

Michael!

I apologize for being absent, Eden. Heaven has been rowdy as of late. But, I'm positive if you tried to lift Molinjr, you could.

I smiled, and looked down at my feet. My nervousness vanished within the excitement in the room, and I hand noticed Steve sat back down.

"What about you Natasha?" Clint asked, and Natasha shook her head with a bashful smile, with a beer bottle pressed to her red lips.

"No no no. That's not a question I need answered."

Clint shifted his gaze over to me, and I knew what he was going to ask of me.

I stood up by myself, and timidly walked over to Thor's hammer, and took a deep breath.

I have faith that you can wield the hammer of Thor.

Gabriel said, and I smiled.

"Eden stepped up to the plate. Let's see if she can hit a home run." Clint said and the team chuckled.

"I don't understand that reference." I muttered, and overcame my anxiety and lifted the hammer.

I glanced at Thor and his expression gave away total disbelief.

"And she hit it out of the park folks!"

~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 45.1K 49
❝Just because I'm smaller than you doesn't mean that I couldn't easily take you in a fight.❞ Subject: Carter May Number: 17 ...
165K 4.8K 49
Yes, this is another soulmate story. Yes, you've probably seen quite a few of these. Yes, this is not an original idea at all. Yes, you can deal with...
148K 5K 32
𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐑𝐓 ❝ Well, duh. It comes with unfrozen ninety-year olds and emotional teenage ...
101K 2.5K 16
'I feel drawn to you' 'I swear I haven't changed your gravitational pull' Two teenagers, two sides. It's a shame that they're on opposite sides... th...