metamorphosis | various bnha

By stupidgorilla

[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [las... More

0 - b4 u start
1.1 - coma
1.2 - wake up, [first name]!
1.3 - pls let me take the exam!
1.4 - the whole family can hit
1.5 - orientation
1.6 - pls be more selfish.
1.7 - janitor's closet
1.8 - in ur room
2.1 - let's go bully 1-a !
2.2 - u fuckking pest!!
2.3 - make it ur own
2.4 - those red eyes
2.5 - lamp, have you heard of them?
2.6 - it's not u (mostly)
2.7 - 2 urself!
2.8 - ¿1 of them?
2.9 - bite me! :3
2.10 - mutants can't sing
special - king of all losers
2.11 - nightmares
2.12 - red tie
2.13 - woogle, is it illegal to knock out a teacher?
2.14 - empty promises
2.15 - lovebug? gross!
2.16 - nezu hates [first name]
2.17 - ur the worst
2.18 - best friends?
2.19 - missed u
3.1 - dragons are real!
3.2 - fuck eraserhead!!!
3.3 - some sorta existential crisis
3.4 - headache
3.5 - the scary forest
3.6 - stupid fucking magician
3.7 - spinner?
3.8 - not enough
special - cold-blooded
3.9 - a friendly reunion :D
3.10 - i'm gonna fucking haunt you
3.11 - not yet
3.12 - u were right
3.13 - just letting yk
extra - songs !

1.9 - hawks and miruko are bad influences

2K 96 193
By stupidgorilla

summary - [first name] saves her bird and meets 2 pros

cw - underage drinking

...

It was 9 AM and you were taking a plane from Shizuoka to Kyushu. The flight was four hours, so you could probably fit in two, maybe even three, movies. You sat down in your seat after putting in your overhead luggage. You were gonna be there for three days, so you didn't have to bring much.

You were grateful that you were out of the house.

Your mom made a lot of money, so she booked first class seats. However, you were separated and you had to sit next to some random person.

"Excuse me," a voice said. You looked up to see a smirking blond guy with a pair of large bright red wings. Oh, he was winged, too! This man had bird wings though.

Your thoughts began to wander. If you had kids, would they have moth wings like you or bird wings like him? Or maybe a mix of the two? That would be pretty weird though. Half-moth, half-bird. He was fine, but you didn't let your attraction show. This must've been the best airport crush you have ever had. He seemed somewhat familiar, but not in a personal way. He held up his carry-on and nodded at the overhead cupboard.

"I can put it in for you," you offered, giving him a small smile. He didn't object so you reached for it with a set of arms and used all four of your arms to stuff it into the storage. You sat back down and slipped on your noise canceling headphones so you could start your movie.

The winged man raised a bushy brow. Did this girl not recognize him? Well, it wouldn't be the first time a chick pretended not to to try and pique his interest... What if she really didn't know who he was? Well, whatever, he shrugged. He glanced towards her screen.

"Is she watching Rio?" he muttered.

"Yup," you said, not moving your eyes from the screen.

His eyes slightly widened. "You can hear me even with your headphones on?"

You turned to him and pointed at your antennae, as if it were obvious. "They can pick up soundwaves and stuff."

"Oh, my feathers can pick up frequencies in the air!" he said, now excited to find someone with a sort of similar quirk as him. He keenly eyed you up and down, mainly trying to assess your wings. "How fast can you fly, kid?"

"Well... I've only flown with my wings twice," you timidly answered. Before he could gasp in shock, you explained that you were a late bloomer. "So I haven't had many opportunities because it's illegal without a license, y'know?"

"Ah, I see," he rubbed his stubbly chin. "It's a pity... with wings that size, you could probably fly around similar speeds to me!"

"And how fast would that be?" an amused smile appeared on your face.

"Hm, 450 kilometers per hour, give or take-" he bragged, messing with his feathery hair.

"Oh wow!" Your jaw dropped. "I don't think I'll ever get that fast, oji-san (ojisan=uncle / typically used for older males you don't know)."

"O- Oji-san!?" He paled, reeling back into his seat. "Hey now, I'm only 20, who are you calling oji-san? I'm not a fan of formalities."

"Only?" you mused. "You've basically got a foot in the grave at that point." You let out a snort. "And if not oji-san, then what do I call you?" Your voice was coy with flirtatious undertones. Haha, you really did change. Past you probably would have thrown up on him out of nervousness or something embarrassing like that.

"Takami Keigo." he introduced himself with a wink. "And you are, cutie?"

Your face heated up at his term of endearment. "[last name] [first name]."

"Your name suits you." You felt like he was flirting with you. "What are you doing in Kyushu?"

A hand reached to rub your neck while another hand drummed on your thigh. "I'm visiting my grandparents and seeing if I can get my pet bird back."

"Wow, you kept a bird as a pet? How inhumane!" he joked, ruffling his feathers in an angry fashion.

You snickered. "Yeah, watch out, I might put you in a bird cage next, Takami-san. What are you doing in Kyushu?"

"I live in Fukuoka," he said. "I was just visiting Musutafu to speak with a hot-headed colleague. Boring stuff." He casually waved his hand.

You then eyed him suspiciously, though the blush on your face made you look less intimidating. "Hey, this might be weird, but are you, like, a famous actor, or something?"

He sputtered. "A- An actor?" Takami laughed, his blond tresses bouncing along. "Oh no, I'm not famous at all! Just a normal civilian, haha... Why, do I look famous?"

You looked him up and down. "Yeah... You're totally handsome, ya know – you could be a model if you wanted." He would be a popular actor because of how fine he was. Maybe not a model though, because he's too short to be one. You kept that thought to yourself, because it was a little mean. "Y- You have nice eyes, too," you smiled at him, staring into his sharp golden irises. You wondered how his eyeliner was so on point.

"You think I'm handsome, huh?" He grinned in a sleazy manner. So this girl really didn't know who he was? "I'm flattered, but you're pretty gorgeous yourself."

Your face erupted in a blush. "Ah, um, thanks... Do you wanna watch Rio with me?"

"Of course! It's my favorite movie, you know!"

You ended up finishing the first and second Rio movie, so you just ended up playing Chess on his screen. He was going easy on you, you could tell. Although he was going easy on you, he still won about 10 times while you suffered with no wins.

"We are now landing! We hope you enjoyed your flight with Tokyo Airlines! Blah Blah Blah."

You stood up and got all your luggage and Takami's, too. "It was nice talking to you, Takami-san. See you around the city," you waved.

"Oh, I'll see you alright," he said under his breath.

"Huh?"

"What?"

You chose to pretend like you didn't hear him as you surveyed the area. You saw your parents and grandparents waving you over. "Oh, I see my family. Alright, bye-bye!"

When you turned back to him, you didn't expect to see his jaw dropped. "Your grandparents are the owners of Yakitori Yoritomi Midori!?!?!?"

"Uh, I'm adopted, but yeah..."

He suddenly took a pair of your hands into his and pulled them to his muscular chest. The action tugged you closer in proximity as well. "I'll give you a million autographs if you get me a discount on the skewers," he bargained, giving you big, pleading eyes.

"Don't look at me like that," you nervously gulped, averting your eyes from his watchful stare. "And why would I want your autograph? You're just some guy, aren't you?"

"..." He gave you an awkward smile. "Oh, right..."

"OH MY GOD, HAWKS-SAMA!!!!"

"IS THAT HAWKS?"

"WHERE???"

"HAVE MY KIDS!"

"THE NUMBER THREE HERO!"

"HAWKS, MAY WE HAVE A WORD FOR THE PRESS?"

"Wait, who is that girl he's with?"

"Why is he with a disgusting mutant...? Ew."

"Dream threesome 😛"

"Bitch, how did you say that outloud..."

"It's my quirk, duhhh."

You stared at him, confused, as people were closing in on you. And someone just called you disgusting... Number three hero? Hawks? Who are they talking about? Last time you checked, the number three hero was Edgeshot? But also, you haven't checked the rankings in nearly two years and you had a fuzzy memory.

"What's going on?" you asked him, feeling light headed from all the senses surrounding you.

"Haha... We should probably get going, [last name]-chan."

"What do you m– AHHHHH, HOLY SHITTT!" Takami had picked you up bridal style and shot up into the air. You clutched your duffel bag to your body as his powerful wings beat behind you, bringing you further and further away from the mob outside of the airport. Your other pair of arms latched onto his neck, scared for dear life.

"Come on, don't tell me you're scared of heights, [last name]-chan," he teased, a smug smile visible on his face. "You can fly!"

"Y- You just took me by surprise!" you whimpered.

Finally, you landed on a building and he set you down.

"Please don't ever do that again without warning me, Takami-san," you grumbled once you were on solid ground.

"Sorry, sorry, but you looked like you were about to pass out," he half-heartedly apologized. Takami dusted his clothes before shaking his red feathers to get rid of any debris from the sudden flight.

His hand reached towards your head and you stared at him, curiosity evident in your expression. His fingers prodded your antennae, causing you to jolt and cover your mouth.

He did that on purpose.

"Sorry, there was a leaf," he bashfully beamed at you, as he did, in fact, have a leaf in his hand.

"They're sensitive," you said, your face covered in an embarrassed flush. You hated how your antennae genuinely acted like two skinny penises on your head.

He raised a brow, lewd scenarios infiltrating his mind. "Sensitive, how so, hm?" His signature smirk crossed his face as he crossed his arms over his chest.

You rolled your eyes, scoffing. "What do you think, buddy? It's embarrassing, alright?"

"Jeez," he held up his hands in mock defense, his expression unchanging. "I won't touch your... antennas." He said that, but out of the corner of your eye, you could see him glancing at your antennas as you called your parents.

"Yeah, I don't know this man, mom. I swear I just met him today." You swatted his hands away as he tried to touch your wings, "We're at..." You expectantly glimpsed at Takami.

"Umai Building," he said, not skipping a beat.

"Umai Building," you repeated.

"Honey, that's the number three hero in all of Japan," your mom excitedly said.

Your dad took the phone. "Get an autograph and a feather and sell it! It could go for hundreds- thousands even!"

"He said he'll give me a million autographs, I don't know about the feathers though..." You peeked at Hawks. "My dad asked if you could give me a million feathers too?" you asked him, tilting your head. You were trying to look cute. Maybe if he thought you were adorable, he would give you a million red feathers to sell.

A drop of sweat comically rolled down his temple. "Uh, I don't know if I can produce that many feathers, sweetheart-" Sweetheart? You blushed at the pet name. 'Oh my God, a fine guy called me sweetheart, haha. Wait, isn't he famous as well? The number three hero... Wow, that's really famous, huh? Hey! He lied to me!'

"Okay, honey, we're coming to get you." your mom finally said.

You hung up and stared at the man beside you, raising a brow. "Just a normal civilian, huh, Takami?"

"In my defense, I thought you were playing stupid to stand out, or something. I was just playing along," he shrugged, making a terrifyingly vacant face. "You'd be surprised at how much that has happened. Chicks think it makes them different, but I can usually tell when someone's lying to me." His expression turned sharp and it lowkey scared you.

"Don't make that face," you playfully complained. "It's too scary for a hero, oji-san."

His solemn expression dropped as he childishly moaned, "Hey, what'd I say about calling me oji-san!"

Takami brought you to your grandparents' restaurant and sat down at a chabudai. It only took 20 minutes worth of asking each other stupid and strange questions ("Hey, do you get the urge to eat me since you're a bird and I'm a bug?" [The answer was no, by the way]) for your parents and grandparents to show up at the restaurant.

"Oh, hey Grannie, Gramps!" Takami innocently smiled. "You never told me you had such a cute granddaughter."

Your face burned bright red as you smiled. 'I'm gonna brag about this to someone later.'

Your grandma giggled. "I nearly didn't recognize you, [first name], come give me a hug!" Of course, you got up from the short table and hugged both your grandparents.

Your grandpa patted the base of your neck. "Your mother informed us about what happened... We're glad you're doing well."

"Grandma, Takami said that he wants a discount on the skewers," you mentioned.

Your grandma immediately side eyed the winged man. "Well, Takami-kun is a millionaire, so no discounts!"

Takami grumbled. "It was worth a try..."

Your mom pulled you over to her by your shoulder so that you were far away from Hawks. "Thank you... Hawks," she cautiously said. "But why did you fly away with my daughter? She's-" Her tone was stern and angry.

"Honey, he was just trying to help," your dad proposed, trying to calm her down. Ugh, this was embarrassing. Your eyes bounced between your parents and Takami.

He simply shrugged. "It's fine, ma'am. I flew away with your daughter because she honestly looked like she was about to pass out, haha! She was clearly overwhelmed and bad to get out of there."

"Thank you, Hawks, but we'll be going now," your dad said.

"Yeah, see you later, bird boy," your mom childishly snarled.

You grinned at the man. "Byeee, Takami-san!"

You were staying at your grandparents' penthouse and you gasped when you first saw it. It was large. Like, no joke. There were three bedrooms: the master for your grandparents, one for your parents, and one for you. Your room here was about the same size as the one at home and had a very modern look to it. The best part about it was honestly the connected balcony.

Your parents told you they were throwing a welcome party for you and all their friends and regulars were invited.

Takami is a regular, isn't he? So, you'll be seeing him sooner than you thought.

The party was tomorrow and you had the rest of the day to relax and acclimate to your surroundings.

brrr-

Nevermind. You checked your phone to see a text from Aina.

[aina-chan 😽]

[first name]-chan babe wat is dis

[attached 1 image]

The image was a screenshot of an article. The photo they chose was Takami gripping your hand and staring fondly into your eyes. The caption was, "Hawks, the number three hero and most wanted bachelor in Japan, fawns over his suspected girlfriend." The title of the article was in big bold letters: "Does Hawks Have a New Girlfriend? Read to Find Out!"

Oh shit. This is gonna be a problem. More for Takami than you, though, because you're still in highschool. People are going to call him a freak! Actually... 17 is above the age of consent and it's only a four year difference, so hypothetically.... Nah. You don't want him that bad.

[you]

ik what it looks like...

BUT I DO NAWTTTT KNOW THAT MAN AINA ☠️☠️

PLS

also i look weird in that pic omg

[aina-chan 😽]

DERES A VID OF HIM FLYING OFF W U

???

u can tell me anything u kno 😏😏

ILL SUPPORT U POOKIE

[you]

pls dont use that emoji ever again 😦

but fr i met that man TODAY

I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE IT WHAS HIMMM

[aina-chan 😽]

yn moment 😍😍😍

ahhhh im jealoussss╰(‵□′)╯

u think u can get me 1 of his socks 😛

[you]

aina u freak

[aina-chan 😽]

arent u whipped 4 kamui woods 🤔

didnt UUUU say u would lick his stick and slob on his knob 🤔

[you]

LMFAOOOO

AND I STAND BY THAT HAHAHA

see if it was kamui instead of hawks i would NOT deny these allegations 🌚🌚

[aina-chan 😽]

LMFAOOO

ur literally cray cray

hawks is sm finer than kamui

[you]

ur trippin

kamui is soooooo

[aina-chan 😽]

U CANT EVEN C HIS FACE

do u have a mask kinkkkk????

[you]

nuh uh 🤓

Shit, what are you going to do now? Ignore it? Yeah... You just hoped the girlfriend thing won't get too out of hand.

...

Today, you're rescuing Bookie from whatever agency she was sold to. Turns out, it was Hawks' agency. She was their mascot.

"Mom, I don't wanna see that man," you cried. If you were caught with him again, paparazzi would say you're engaged or something!

"Come on, we're going shopping after! And maybe we'll go to the beach, too!" she cheered. "Ah, I have so many good memories here."

Your dad grinned as you walked around the city. "This is just like our anniversary."

You reached a tall building. "This is the agency we sold Bookie to," your mom said.

"I can't believe you really sold Bookie..."

There were many reporters in front of the agency and it stressed you out. You realized you don't like them that much.

"Oh! You, what's your relationship with Hawks!?" a reporter spat, shoving a microphone in your face. "This is for Heroes Love Magazine!"

"Uh, I- I honestly don't know the guy...? He's cool?" You shrugged, trying to follow your parents into the building.

It was getting louder and you wanted out. When you managed to get into the building, you saw your parents talking to the receptionist. "Tell him to bring his mascot," your dad demanded.

"Sir, Hawks is busy on his patrol right now," she frantically said. "I-"

You whipped your head around to see red wings hurtling towards an open window. Hawks smoothly flew through the window and landed beside you. His wings were ruffled and his hair was messy. 'Aina-chan lowkey has a point,' you thought.

"Hey!" Takami said, resting his hand on your shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

You frowned at him, one pair of arms crossing over your chest and the other posing on your hips. "You have my bird, Takami-san."

"Hm?" He simply stared at you with a confused expression.

"My bird, Bookie, a yellow cockatiel with cute little red cheeks?"

His eyes widened in recognition. "Ohhh, Junior!"

"Junior?"

"Yeah, Hawks Junior!"

You cringed. "Her name is Bookie! Hawks Junior is an ugly name."

"Wow. Well, Hawks Junior loves it here, so I think she'll stay." He rolled his eyes, offended by your comment.

"At least let me see her," you begged, giving him big black puppy eyes.

Takami crumbled, a small pink blush covering the apples of his cheeks. "...Fine!" He brought you up to his office, and when he opened the door, you immediately spotted your bird perched on a tall bird stand.

Bookie cocked her head at you. She seemed to recognize you as she flew at you and landed right on your shoulder. You felt like a pirate. "Hi! Hi! Mom!" she happily squawked.

You softly giggled. "Hi, Bookie."

"Hey, you've never greeted me like that!" the man grumbled, sternly wagging his finger at the bird.

"Who you?" Bookie turned her head to Takami and cocked her head in a confused motion. She ruffled her feathers. "Squawk!"

"Junior! That is not the way to treat your papa!" he dramatically scolded the bird. He walked over to his desk and retrieved a box of treats. He fed a treat to the bird on your shoulder, which made her happily chirp.

"Papa?" you let out an amused scoff, crossing both pairs of your arms. "She was raised by a very hardworking, single mother." You rolled your eyes.

"Look, we can share custody," he played along, a smile on his face.

You thought about it for a second. "Fine."

You felt like you were in heaven when you saw the shopping mall. It was gigantic and bustling, but not loud like that mob of students when UA was infiltrated. You could hear snippets of conversations from all over the place. You subtly tried to train your antennas, forcing them to focus on a single string of conversation and ignore the others.

You had to buy a whole new wardrobe as you had outgrown all your old clothes. Dressing in your dad's old clothes was taking a toll on you. You started to act like him, all overprotective and shit. You tried to decide what kind of aesthetic you wanted. Coquette? Oneegyaru? Indie? Hm...

You walked around and bought whatever clothes you wanted with your parents' money. After that, you went to the beach in your new swimsuit. Sadly, you couldn't go into the water without damaging your wings, but you got to sunbathe and read! Not only that, but you got to watch the sunset over the horizon. You loved Fukuoka. It really was a beautiful city.

When you got home after the sun had set, you were met with your grandparents standing under a banner that said, "WELCOME BACK IN GOOD HEALTH!" There were other people lounging around, eating yakitori and other food that your grandparents made.

You hugged your parents and then hugged your grandparents. You felt blessed, having been adopted by such a good family.

"Thank you!" you exclaimed, bowing deeply.

As the party continued into the night, you made your rounds around the penthouse, just talking to anyone you could. You came across Takami, who was with a beautiful woman. Like, she was gorgeous. Her knee-length white hair swayed when she spoke and her lips stretched as she laughed with a confident air around her. Also, she had the longest lashes you have ever seen.

She was wearing a really pretty and form-fitting purple dress paired with silvery heels. Ooh, girlcrush!

Takami's outfit was boring, but still stylish? His jeans were on the baggier side and he wore a plain white tee shirt that looked a little tight around his chest. Cough, slut, cough.

"Hi, Takami-san," you greeted with a smile. He was right when he said you'd see him around. He was just everywhere. "Who's this?" You gestured to the woman.

"Oh, hey, kid!" Takami swirled the liquid that was in his red plastic cup, and you heard the ice cubes clinking against each other. "[last name] [first name], meet–"

Miruko boisterously held out her hand. "Usagiyama Rumi. You probably know me as Miruko, the number six hero!"

Wow. There are two pro heroes in your grandparents' penthouse right now. And you're talking to them. This is crazy. You remembered Miruko pre-coma, but she was rank 17 back then, which is still pretty high actually, but she rose 11 ranks in two years? You aspire to be like her.

You reached for her hand and her grip was firm. You tried to return it, but her hands were just so strong. It was really hot.

"Want a drink?" Takami asked. His red face and slower movements told you he wasn't exactly sober.

"I can't," you said, waving your hand.

Usagiyama stretched her long, muscular legs, and gracefully raised her arms above her head. Her face cutely scrunched up as her joints satisfyingly popped. "Maybe I shouldn't have drinken either. I have hero duty tomorrow," she yawned.

"Maa maa, just a sip won't hurt," he said, holding up his cup towards you.

Oh, you've always wanted to try alcohol... But you're legally not allowed to drink until you're 20. Just one sip won't hurt, right? You glanced around, hoping your parents weren't nearby. They would kill you if they saw what you were planning on doing. Seeing that the coast was clear, you reached for the red cup, lightly grazing Takami's hand. Peering into the cup, you asked him what it was.

"Just some spiked punch... I think?"

"It tastes like strawberries!" Miruko drunkenly chimed, flinging her arm into the air, causing her drink to slosh in its cup.

You hesitantly took a small sip, your lips touching where Takami's had been – an indirect kiss that neither of you bothered to notice. Your lips lightly smacked together, gauging the taste of the drink. It was sweet and smoothly rolled down your throat with a lack of the burning sensation that people usually said came with alcohol. It tastes more like juice than liquid courage!

You wanted more, haha.

You continued to talk to the two, as they were probably the closest to you in age. It was fun, and you would miss Fukuoka when you leave the next day.

...

Takami woke up to a light shining in his eyes, his head laid on something cool and plush. It felt like the cold side of a pillow, AKA the best side of the pillow. The pillow smelled really good too. He wanted to go back to sleep. A finger twitching against his abdomen suddenly made him aware of two arms limply splayed around his waist. A person? He twisted his head up to see who it was.

Ah.

Riiiiight.

[last name] [first name], the granddaughter of the owners of one of his favorite restaurants.

He then looked down, making sure the two of you were clothed, and to his gratitude, you were.

He nuzzled his cheek into your soft chest as one of his wings covered the two of you like a large feathery blanket. He can afford to stay for a few more minutes. It's not like he would get fired if he was late to work, as he is his own boss! Although, instead of sleeping, he just thought and lazily traced circles on your exposed midriff.

He hasn't had that much fun in a long time. He can't be found in clubs, or it would ruin his family-friendly image, and he found it hard to genuinely connect with people in general. He always felt distant, especially because he was supposed to go on a critical mission soon.

Ahh, how annoying...

...

You fell asleep on the couch after a night of dancing (and discreetly drinking) with the two pro-heroes. You swayed to the slow jams that played towards the end and ended up falling asleep on Usagiyama-san's shoulder.

However, when you woke up to the bright sunlight shining through the windows, you were tucked into your bed. The light made you wince. On the nightstand was a small note with scrawled writing on it.

'YOU WERE FUN LAST NITE!!! TEXT ME ;P XXX-XXX-XXXX - MIRUKO'

Oh my God, you just got Miruko's number.

'I'll see you around ;-) - Takami Keigo P.S. I'll visit Junior next time I'm in ur city :-( '

Takami had left behind a bright red feather from one of his wings. 'How sweet,' you thought, picking it up and inspecting it. Ah, you're totally gonna brag about this to Aina and your classmates.

Your head pounded like hell, and your mouth tasted like dry, fermented morning breath. Nasty. Fuck, is this a hangover?

Scrolling through your camera roll, you saw a bunch of new pictures you didn't remember taking. There were pictures of your face being squished in between the pros' (with all of you making kissy faces), you jumping around in a circle with the two pros, and a video of Takami pushing you off your own balcony to encourage you to fly. Haha, you remembered that.

...

wc - 4,559

i love hawks more than mysefl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 293 69
Prankster by day, Vigilante by night. Sayako Hisakawa, Management Student at UA gets transferred to the Hero Course after awakening her quirk. The sp...
223K 14.1K 28
"I...... I don't know what I want to be...." . . "Just the thought of it is repulsive..." . . . (Y/n) has always told herself that she didn't want to...
192K 9.2K 51
DISCLAIMER: MHA doesn't belong to me but Kohei Horikoshi This books contains strong language, blood, abuse, depressing topics(self harm, suicide atte...
125K 4.2K 31
f/n l/n was accepted into UA, even though she didn't pass any entry exam or physical test. The class who supposed to only be composed of 20 students...