Desirable (mxm)

By dreammcatcher

Milo loves sex, parties and alcohol. He adores the thrill of being young, wild and mateless. He has witnesse... More

Character Aesthetics and Author's Note
one; the party
two; heart broken
three; addiction
four; bossy dad
five; in circles
six; first step
seven; trauma
eight; don't touch me
nine; self destruction
ten; unbearable father
eleven; physical connection
twelve; advice
thirteen; friends for life
fourteen; hard questions
fifteen; square one
sixteen; you are beautiful
seventeen; nowhere else to go
eighteen; bonding
nineteen; reject me
twenty; public flirting
twenty-one; bettering myself
twenty-two; humiliated
twenty-three; disgusting
twenty-four; hiding away
twenty-five; i'm here
twenty-six; back on track
twenty-seven; first date
twenty-eight; possessive
twenty-nine; a threat
thirty; dark fears
thirty-one; first climax
thirty-two; new form
thirty-three; save her
thirty-four; scared
thirty-six; reunion
thirty-seven; intimate moments
thirty-eight; stalker
thirty-nine; distract me
forty; stepping up
forty-one; he's mine
forty-two; a failure
forty-three; broken trust
forty-four; he's a sexual being
forty-five; accepting his fate
forty-six; you can't have him
forty-seven; dead bond
forty-eight; go and live
forty-nine; i will kill you
fifty; slapped
fifty-one; i'm sorry
fifty-two; love
fifty-three; truth
fifty-four; moving out
fifty-five; my alpha
fifty-six; mark me
fifty-seven; father-in-law
fifty-eight; beast
Epilogue One
Epilogue Two
Bonus Chapters

thirty-five; i need you

7.1K 387 71
By dreammcatcher

At some point I manage to get Reign close enough to the house, I shift back into my human form and pull on some clothes as quickly as possible. I have no idea where Everett is but I'm sure he's on his way.

I lift Reign into my arms, her head limp against my shoulder as I rush towards the house. Her blonde hair is darting in all sorts of directions, the occasional blood splatter makes my heart sink. Please be okay. Please.

"Milo," I hear my brother's voice from beside me. I glance over my shoulder but his eyes are settled on his mate between my arms. The devastation and pain in them is evident but he says nothing more.

Everett holds out his arms and I place her in them, he clutches her to his chest and he presses a delicate kiss against her forehead. His eyes roaming her face in a panic. Then he rushes off inside, down to the infirmary to get her some help.

The blood didn't stop, she continued to bleed on the entire journey over. I have no idea if she's going to be able to heal, I've never seen a wolf lose so much blood and remain conscious—or barely.

I follow Everett down to the infirmary. It's packed, other members dragging in their loved ones to get checked out. Everett demands Reign a bed and one is made for her pretty quickly.

Everett lays her down on the bed and then pulls up her skintight t-shirt that is practically in pieces. I almost gag when I notice one of the cuts are so deep that I can see her insides, intestines especially.

"I'm right here, angel," Everett's voice is low and wobbly. He brushes back her hair and kisses her forehead again. "Everything is going to be okay. I promise everything is going to be okay."

I hope he's right because I can't bear the thought of losing her. Of either of us losing her. My heart clenches in my chest as one of the pack doctors rushes to her side and pushes Everett away. I glance at him and he looks lost, helpless. As I approach his side, I expect him to push me off because he doesn't usually deal with this sort of thing well.

But I want to be there for my brother like he's been there for me. Even if I'm in pieces and fearful of what might happen to her if they don't heal her wounds in time. I clench my eyes shut, not wanting to think about that possibility.

Because it's not a possibility. She is the pack's Luna. She will pull through.

We all know how brave she is, how strong she is. She's been through hell and back before, something like this shouldn't phase her. I know she fought hard, with everything she had and it's resulted in her taking a sacrifice for the rest of the pack.

I stop by Everett's side, his gaze set forward and eyes hard like granite. He's trying his hardest to keep it together, to not let his emotions get the better of him before we know anything.

"We're going to need to operate," the doctor explains and Everett's brows crease. "She has silver lodged inside her and that's why she is refusing to heal. We need to get it out of her as soon as possible and then stitch her back up."

Everett steps forward. "But is she going to be okay?"

The doctor sighs. "We're unsure right this moment but she's our priority, so please just have a little faith. We'll be back in a few moments so we can discuss this further."

Reign is then wheeled away and Everett's eyes fall limp to the floor, his entire body shaking in pain and anger. "She's a fighter," I reassure him. "She always has been."

His jaw tenses and he shakes his head. "I should have been there with her, I should have never suggested that we split up. If I didn't, she wouldn't be in there right now. I fear what would have happened if I didn't ask you to check up on her."

I press my hand to my brother's back. "But she's in good hands now, let's not dwell on what could have been. You've always told me that." I say, my throat becoming sore and tight. "She's a fighter. I promise she's going to be okay."

"I'm going to wait until she gets out of her surgery," he comments.

My head bows gently. "Okay, I'm going to see if there is anything else I can do with the pack. I haven't seen Jesse or Fran, have you?"

"No." He says quietly.

"I'll be back later," I reassure him.

When he doesn't respond, I exit the infirmary to find the pack loitering everywhere. Checking up on friends and family, making sure that their loved ones are okay. But as soon as I step out into the hall, my heart crumbles in my chest.

If Reign doesn't make it. Oh God. If Reign doesn't make it... I don't even want to think of that possibility. The pain and agony it will cause. She's practically my sister, my platonic soulmate in so many ways.

A tear rolls down my cheek. I had to stay strong for Everett. That's his mate. He might lose half of his soul, the one that makes him so much stronger and in-tune with the pack and his wolf. Half of him that makes him a better man everyday.

"Milo?" I hear my sister's voice as she appears directly in front of me.

That's when I break down. I'm exhausted. Physically and mentally exhausted.

I know everyone is going to be in the same boat but I never expected to feel like this. Every inch of my aches and my head throbs. Reign. Reign. Please be okay.

Fran bundles me into her arms. "What's happened, Milo?"

My hands latch onto her back and I clutch her tighter, sobbing into her shoulder. "Reign," I barely get out. "She's unconscious, gone into surgery. We don't know if she's going to be okay."

She pulls back suddenly and grips my shoulders. "Shit, fuck." I hear her say, her own eyes beginning to glitter. "Where is Everett now?"

"Waiting for her surgery to be over," my voice wobbles. "I wanted to be with him but I couldn't hold this in any longer and I didn't want him to see me like this. I'm so damn selfish."

Everything hits me like a tonne of bricks and I hate it. Why do I all of a sudden feel so guilty for my reaction? My brother might lose his mate and I walk away... I'm about to throw up.

"You're not selfish," she shakes her head. "You love her, you both love her. But you don't have to be strong for Everett, not when you're connected to her too. Go back in there and let it out if you have to, he'd never be angry at you for that."

I sniffle and wipe my eyes. I need my bed. I need Reign to be okay.

I need Nate.

Fran takes my hand and guides me back into the infirmary. "We'll go together."

All I can do is nod because my knees are about to give out and I'll end up sobbing for the foreseeable future if I do nothing. We spot Everett at the end of the corridor, he's pacing and it's obvious he's close to a breakdown.

His hair is tousled, been running his fingers through it every second because seconds feel like hours in situations like this. I'm sick to my stomach with worry and I want Everett to know he's not alone.

I shouldn't have walked away. Never.

Everett glances down the hall when he realises we're walking towards us. His eyes are red but his face is clear of tears. As soon as I reach him, I wrap my arms around him. "I'm sorry," I blubber pathetically into his shoulder. "I shouldn't have walked away. I'm hurting too."

He returns the hug and my heart warms a tiny bit. "I know you are. She means a lot to us both." He whispers heavily.

Fran soon joins in on the hug and we pull away, staring at each other with glassy eyes. "How is Jesse?" Everett asks.

She nods simply. "He's alright, he's still helping out in the territory. Checking for survivors and traitors and either ending them or bringing them back here."

Everett doesn't respond, instead he glances over his shoulder at a noise but there is no update on Reign. "Shit," he rasps and buries his head in his hands. "I can't do this."

"You can," I grip his arm in gentle support. "She needs you, she needs us."

"I know," his throat tenses. "But I'm not with her right now. I want to be with her and hold her hand—" he cuts himself off and gestures to the operating rooms. "But she's in there right now by herself. She's all alone and I'm not with her."

Oh God, if I thought my heart ached before, it fucking burns now.

We all sit in a line on the chairs, I physically made Everett sit because he'll burn a hole in the floor otherwise. Thirty minutes later the doctor emerges and Everett shoots out of his seat as he approaches us.

"How is she? Can I see her?" Everett's questions come out in a jumble of words.

She sucks in a breath and suddenly I'm the one who can't breathe.

"She's still unconscious, for the moment," she nods and Everett shakes beside me. "But we managed to get the silver out of her body and we had to keep her in an induced coma for her to gain her energy levels back up. She will most likely pull through but we still need to keep a close eye on her."

Everett hums in agreement, I notice his shoulders don't sag with relief. He won't be relieved until he's with her and she opens her eyes and he can tell her how much he loves her. Ugh. Fuck. I love how much they love each other.

How much Everett would die for her. If he could switch places, he would. In a heartbeat, no questions asked.

"If you'd like to see her, she's right this way." The doctor guides us down the hall and we follow her, allowing Everett to go first.

Reign lays against the bed, hooked up to the nearest machine. Everett leans forward and cups her cheek, bringing their foreheads together. "You're gonna be okay, angel," he whispers. He takes one of her hands and he kisses her knuckles over and over. "I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. Not until you wake up. Okay?"

I'm sobbing again. Fran is too.

I walk towards Reign and I lean down to kiss the top of her head. "I'll come see you when you're awake and you can tell me off for worrying about you too much." I murmur into her hair.

Everett glances up at me and flashes me a grateful smile. Fran takes Reign's other hand and gives it a squeeze. "I'm going to mindlink, Nate," I wipe my eyes. "I'll be back later."

He nods but doesn't take his eyes off his mate. "It's okay, I understand. Go make sure that he's okay."

I walk out of the infirmary and make my way down to the library where I can hear nothing but silence. It's peaceful but my heart still aches.

Milo, is everything okay? Nate's voice filters through my head and it sounds like he's been trying to contact me for a while.

I shudder at the sound of his voice. It's been a long day and it's exactly what I need right now. He can put me at ease any day.

My throat tenses at his words. I hurt my leg. I admit. One that I was too busy to check out but the adrenaline is still keeping my body going. But I'm alright. Are you?

Shit. Are you sure you're okay? I'm just scratched up a bit. Nothing major.

I'm sure. Recovering. I was worried about you. I whisper, trying my hardest not to cry again.

This day has been far more emotional than I expected. Now I just want to be in my mates arms, all safe and secure. I've been dreaming about it for days because he is the one person where I find peace.

I was worried about you too. So worried. I didn't hear anything and I felt so fucking sick. God, I thought something might have happened to you.

My eyes squeeze shut at the concern in his voice. I need to see you.

I need to make sure you're okay in person. Nate shoots back. With my own eyes because I won't be able to rest.

My head presses into the wooden shelves and I close my eyes. Reign is in recovery, she almost didn't make it. I need to spend time with them today but I'll see you tomorrow? I need to see you tomorrow.

Tomorrow feels so far away right now but I need something to look forward to to keep me sane.

Of course. I hope she's okay. I need to spend time with Viola too. Shit happened and she's really not okay.

I'm sorry. I whisper. I realise this has been an experience and a half for all of us and it's going to take some time to get over. I'll see you tomorrow?

Yes. I can't wait to hold you.

I can't wait to hold you too. I say as a single tear rolls down my cheek.

Read the full completed book and bonus chapters over on Patreon!

www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

ugh. Everett's love for Reign literally goes beyond this earth🥺💙

Also Milo and Nate mindlinking each other? THEIR DESPERATION TO SEE ONE ANOTHER TO KNOW THEY'RE OKAY. I can't cope.🥰 Who is ready for their reunion?

What did you guys think of this chapter?👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼

Don't forget to vote and comment! It makes my day

Love Savanna x

Insta: savannaroseauthor
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

937K 42.4K 72
In a single moment, Simon's life had turned upside down. Homeless, packless, rejected, and without his beloved family, Simon had lost all he's known...
21.2K 705 43
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...
171K 4.7K 26
Lucario or more likely known as Luca was only 10 years old when he moved away from his old town he could never remember the name of, when he was 17 h...
1M 43.7K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...