Falling In Manchester

By Sofie_tomlinson28

Harry, nineteen and has just moved away from home to attend the University of Arts, has no idea that much mor... More

Chapter One - Harry
Chapter Two - Louis
Chapter Three - Harry
Chapter Four - Louis
Chapter Five - Harry
Chapter Six - Louis
Chapter Seven - Harry
Chapter Nine - Harry
Chapter Ten - Louis
Chapter Eleven - Harry
Chapter Twelve - Louis
Chapter Thirteen - Harry
Chapter Fourteen - Louis
Chapter Fifteen - Harry
Chapter Sixteen - Louis
Chapter Seventeen - Harry
Chapter Eighteen - Louis
Chapter Nineteen - Harry
Chapter Twenty- Louis
Chapter Twenty-One - Harry
Chapter Twenty-Two - Louis
Chapter Twenty-Three - Harry
Chapter Twenty-Four - Louis
Chapter Twenty-Five - Harry
Chapter Twenty-Six - Louis
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Harry
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Louis
Epilogue - Harry

Chapter Eight - Louis

574 23 18
By Sofie_tomlinson28

I hope this chapter turned out alright

- - -

Wednesday, October 13th 1.18 p.m.

Louis: So... what do you say about this Saturday?

Harry ♥️: I say... YES

Harry♥️: :))

Louis: I'll pick you up at seven. Wear warm clothes!

Harry♥️: Deal

* * *

Louis rushed down the street, following the path on his Google Maps. He was cold to his bones. He had to remember to wear more clothes tonight, but first; flowers.

Finally, he reached his destination. He looked up at the big sign that read, "Mary's Flower Shop', and quickly stepped inside the building. A bell chimed above his head, a mix of smells hitting his nostrils.

He looked around the place, not exactly knowing what to look for. There were flowers everywhere, a cashier's desk all the way in the back. No one was standing there. Louis stepped further into the shop, his eyes landing on a poster that hung on the wall. It read We Are Hiring.

Louis pursed his lips, stepping closer. He let his eyes read over the lines, the corner of his lips quirking up. The shop was looking for a new part-time cashier, and the pay made Louis' eyebrows shoot up. It paid much more than a normal part-time job would. He quickly fished his phone out of his pocket, snatching a photo.

"Can I help you?"

He turned around, being met by a short woman who had appeared by the cashier's table. She had smile wrinkles on her face, and greying hair. She looked to be in her fifties.

"Um, yes," Louis said. "I'm looking for some flowers to bring my date. And I know nothing about flowers. Just don't roses, way too cliché."

The woman walked to him, smiling. "That's understandable. Is it a first date?"

"Yeah," Louis grinned shyly. "I finally got the guts to ask him out."

The woman smiled. "Now that's lovely. I would suggest daisies. They smell amazing, can be very vibrant in colour which suits autumn so well, and are overall just very pretty."

"I think I would like a bouquet of colourful daisies, then," Louis said, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"Alright, let me just get that for you." She walked over to a table full of flowers, plucking out a bouquet. It was beautifu. "Do you want a card with it?"

"Um, no thank you."

"Alright, what about a fine packaging or is the see-through plastic fine?"

"It's perfect, thank you," Louis said, following the woman to the cashier's desk. He watched as she scanned the price, and handed over some cash to pay.

"I saw you're hiring," he said as she gave him the bouquet. "And... the guy I'm going on a date with happens to be looking for a job. I think maybe this could be something for him. Is it very urgent for you to find someone?"

"Kinda, yeah," the woman said. "Right now it's only me. We used to be two, but my old part-time worker had to move away. I love my job, and I love being one of the only ones, but I need help. Even a workaholic needs help, you know?" She chuckled slightly.

Louis wet his lips. "I will mention it for him."

"That's so kind of you," she said. "I hope the date will end well."

Louis let out a breath. "Yeah, me too."

* * *

Deciding what to wear shouldn't be a hard task considering the date was going to take place in cold surroundings, and his attire would most likely be half hidden by a jacket. Yet Louis found himself in a crisis. He was pacing around his room, looking at two different pairs of jeans. Liam and Zayn were sitting in the corner.

"Zayn," Louis said for the third time, "for real, should I wear black, or blue?"

"Black. Your denim jacket is blue. It would be too much." It was the third time he said that.

"But—"

"Louis, for fuck sake, wear the black denim. You have to pick Harry up soon, and you haven't even shaved."

"But I quite like my stubble," Louis pointed out.

Liam raised an eyebrow. "Wasn't it you who insisted on shaving your beard in case you were gonna kiss Harry tonight, not that I can see why the beard—"

"Right!" Louis said, clapping his hands together. "Because, you know, maybe Harry doesn't like kissing people with beards."

"You're severely overthinking this, Lou," chuckled Zayn. "Also, he's gay. Why wouldn't he?"

"I just want it to go right," Louis said, fiddling with the fabric of his shirt. "I like him a lot. Like, God. He's just so..." He trailed off. There didn't seem to be a word that quite captured the exact meaning of what Harry was.

Liam chuckled. "You're acting all cute. I'm living for this."

Louis' ears flamed red. "I'm not."

"You are, though," Zayn pointed out.

"Whatever. What shirt?"

"Again, you're wearing a denim jacket," Zayn said. "Just take a warm one, you freezing motherfucker. Actually, wear a warmer jacket as well."

Louis rolled his eyes. "You sound like my mom. Except the motherfucking part, she would never dare to utter such words at me."

Zayn shrugged. "That's what you have Liam and me for."

"And I'm really grateful," Louis said. "But honestly, what sweater?"

Zayn let out a pained groan.

Louis finally settled for an outfit. The black jeans, paired with a maroon-coloured crew neck. His usual Toms, and a beanie, his face freshly shaved. He was standing in front of his mirror, trying to pep himself up.

It didn't go very well.

"Louis, you have to leave soon," Zayn said, emerging from the living room. "I bet loverboy is waiting." He wriggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Louis' cheeks heated, and he went to grab the flowers from his nightstand. "Yeah, yeah, I probably should."

"Yes. And you look great by the way. You're gonna throw Harry off his feet."

"Considering what I have planned, I think he'll be falling a lot already."

"Who knows?" Zayn said. "Maybe he already knows how to ice skate."

"Hmm, maybe," Louis said. "Wait—what if he hates it?"

"Louis, once again you're severely overthinking this."

"But—"

"No buts, now, go get your man. It's getting late."

* * *

Louis was shivering slightly, but he wasn't going to admit that as he walked up the stairs to Niall and Harry's apartment. He rubbed his hands together, pressing the bouquet to his chest so he wouldn't drop it.

He stopped in front of Harry and Niall's door, exhaling deeply. It was time. He lifted his hands to knock and did so three times. He could hear rustling behind the door, and he held his breath as he waited. The doorknob twisted, and—

Harry was there, absolutely breathtaking. He was wearing his usual long coat, his hair hanging loosely around his ears. A scarf was secured around his neck, boots on his feet that made him even taller. He was wearing jeans that hugged his thighs and a grey sweater. He was beautiful.

"Hey," Harry said, his hands behind his back. A small, nervous smile was playing on his lips. Louis wondered if the smile he portrayed looked the same.

"Hi," Louis said, he was slightly breathless. "You look... stunning as ever."

Harry's cheeks blossomed red. "Why, thank you." He ran a hand through his hair. "Um, so do you, by the way. A lot. You look really great. I love your shirt."

Louis grinned. "Thank you." He held the flowers out. "These are for you."

Harry tried to bite back a big smile. "Daisies."

Louis nodded. "Yeah."

"I love flowers. Thank you." Harry held them close to his body. "Wanna come in while I put them in some water?"

Louis nodded, the motion hurried. "Yeah, I would love that."

Silently, he followed Harry into the apartment, all the way to the kitchen. He observed as Harry found a vase, and put the flowers in it. Suddenly, Niall appeared at the door, wearing a very serious expression.

"Well, if that isn't Louis Tomlinson," he said, raising an eyebrow at him. "I need to have a talk with you before you leave."

Harry snorted out a small laugh. "I will put these in my room quickly. Then you two... can talk." Once he had left, Niall walked to Louis.

"Louis, I really like you as a person, but right now I need you to know you're talking to Harry's sister Gemma."

"Huh?"

"Exactly, you get it." Niall pulled his phone out of his pocket, clearing his throat. His eyes were glued to the screen. "Alright, so, 'Louis, I have heard you have asked my brother out on a date, and considering I couldn't be there myself, here's my talks man, the Irish Princess.'" Niall scrunched up his nose. "'I'm here, well, not here, but I am, to inform you that if you in any way hurt my brother, I will find you, and castrate you in the most violent manner possible. All the love, Gemma.'"

"I... I won't," Louis spoke slowly just as Harry returned to the kitchen.

"Just remember, it was Gemma who said it, not I," Niall said. "Now, I will vanish into my room. You two have fun, bring him back in one piece."

"Niall," Harry said. "Of course I will be back in one piece."

"I promise," Louis grinned, turning his full attention to Harry. "Are you ready to go, love?"

Harry nodded slowly. "Where are we going?"

"That's a surprise," Louis said, "but it's a walking distance."

They left the apartment building, beginning the walk toward the park they had been in weeks earlier.

"Your sister sounds very great," Louis said as they walked. "She makes good threats."

Harry laughed. The cold air had made his cheeks rosy. "I'm sorry you had to experience that. She... she warned me she would make Niall do something, but that was unexpected."

"You heard it?" chuckled Louis.

"Might have been eavesdropping, not gonna lie," Harry shrugged, grinning. "Now, wanna tell me where we are going?"

"Through the park," Louis said, pointing to the park entrance that they could see in the distance. "From then on, you'll just have to wait and see."

Harry rolled his eyes, shaking his head amusedly. "Alright."

They reached the park, walking inside. Louis remembered the last time they had spent here, and clearly, Harry did too, because just then he asked, "How did your assignment with the animal pictures go?"

"Really great, actually," Louis said, his eyes lighting up excitedly. "My teacher said after Uni I might even have a job with this model photographer. Which is... amazing. Really opens up some opportunities, you know?"

"That's great!" Harry said. "You deserve it, Lou. So much."

Louis' cheeks tinted red. "Thank you." He kicked a pebble on the ground. "Did you manage to finish your assignment on time?"

Harry nodded. "I did. Just hope my teacher will think I did it well enough."

"What I read was good enough to be in a real arse book, so I bet she will be more than happy." They were reaching the lake, and with that, almost the end of the park.

"You flatter me," Harry said, "but once again, thank you."

"We are nearing the place," Louis said, a shiver running through his body. "Why is it so freaking cold, Jesus."

"I don't think Jesus has control over the weather," Harry amusedly said.

"Sure, that's what he wants you to think."

Harry chuckled. "Sure thing, Louis."

"What's your favourite colour?"

"That was random."

"Well, it's a typical question for a first date." Louis nudged his elbow against Harry's arm. "So, what is it?"

"I think... forest green, maybe?" Harry pondered. "At least if I have to choose one. I really love all colours. What about you?"

"Red, definitely," Louis said. "Like blood, 'cause I'm a vampire."

"You enjoy eating people?"

"Define 'eating'," smirked Louis, wriggling his eyebrows.

"Oh." Harry's face turned red as realisation washed over him. "Get your mind out of the gutter!"

"Sorry," cackled Louis.

"You're not," Harry said, trying to hide his smile.

"Whatever." Louis shook his head amused. "Oh! See. That's where we are going." He pointed to where the exit of the park had come into view, and on the opposite side of the street, were the ice rink.

"Are we going ice skating?" Harry asked.

"Yep," Louis grinned. "Ever tried before?"

"Well, no, but I suppose there's a first for everything."

"Exactly," Louis said. "I'll help you. Where I live, there's a lake close by, and in winter it would always freeze and then we would skate on it, my sisters and I."

"That sounds so fun," Harry spoke. His eyes were crinkling in the way only seemed capable of.

"It really was. Can't wait to do it again this year."

They reached the end of the park, looking to both sides before crossing the road. They quickly hurried into the building, Louis rubbing his hands together. They were in a small hall. A few people were there as well, standing in line to buy tickets.

"Come," Louis excitedly said, tugging on Harry's sleeve.

"Alright," Harry laughed, stumbling after. He almost fell into Louis.

"Sorry." Louis steadied him, a hand on Harry's shoulder. "Sorry if I seem a bit... over-excited about all of this. I just... I have been looking forward to this, and I want it to be perfect."

Harry smiled softly. "You're not the only one."

"And... I've never really taken anyone on a date before," Louis admitted, and God, why did he always have to ramble when he got nervous? "So... if it isn't perfect and all that, I'm sorry."

"Well, I have nothing to compare it to," Harry said, shrugging. "So far I'll say you're doing more than fine."

"Alright, that's... that's good." They moved up the line. Three people were standing in line to buy tickets before them.

"Are you a cat or a dog person?" Harry asked.

Louis' lips quirked up in a smile. "Now who is asking random questions? But dog, definitely."

Harry winced. "Alright, we might have hit a difficulty there."

"What?" Louis said, raising an eyebrow.

Harry held his hands up in surrender. "Cats all the way."

"That's just a lie," Louis said. "Cats are... well, they're not dogs."

"And dogs are not cats," Harry shot back, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Louis scoffed, gently pushing his shoulder against Harry's. "Whatever."

It was their turn to buy tickets.

"Two tickets for the rink," Louis said, smiling at the girl behind the desk. He pulled his wallet out of his pocket.

"Here," the girl said, handing them two tickets.

Louis handed her the money, taking the tickets. "Thanks."

"So... what now?" Harry asked.

"We go skating, of course," Louis said. "This way." He walked toward a door on the side, pushing it open.

Cold air engulfed him, making him shiver. He shuddered.

Harry chuckled from behind him. "You really are always cold." He pulled his coat off. "Here." He handed it to Louis.

"What?" Louis asked, taking the coat from Harry's outstretched hand. "Won't you freeze?"

"No, not really," Harry said, grinning. "Always warm, remember?"

"Right." he swallowed. "Thank you." He put the jacket on. It smelled like Harry. Vanilla and men's perfume, and something else he couldn't quite place, but something that was just so undeniably Harry. He wasn't sure he would be able to give back Harry the jacket.

"Now... I assume we will need some skates?" Harry asked.

"Yes, of course," Louis said, looking over the room.

Most of the room was just the ice rink, people skating around on it. A small kid fell—Louis didn't know whether to laugh or not. Music was playing from the speakers, and off to the side were shelves filled with different kinds of skates. Next to it stood a man who would make sure you had chosen the right size—Louis was familiar with the routine. Last time his sisters had visited him they had gone to this place.

"We have to find the skates ourselves," Louis explained. "And then we have to get them checked to see if they fit correctly. You know, for safety purposes."

"I'm gonna fall no matter what," Harry warned.

"Who knows, maybe I'll be there to catch you," Louis said.

"How romantic."

"I was intending to be."

Harry's face flushed crimson. "Um, alright. Let's... let's get some skates. Yes."

Louis chuckled.

After they had found skates, it was time to move on to the rink. Louis moved on to the rink first, rather gracefully, and held his hands out for Harry to take as he on wobbly legs got on the ice.

"Jesus Christ," Harry let out as his legs did the Bambi move, and he grasped onto Louis for support.

Louis let out a bark of laughter, holding onto Harry, while also trying to keep his own balance. "You alright there?"

"No," Harry said, managing to control his legs slightly. He grasped Louis' shoulders in a firmer hold. "Don't let go of me."

Louis smiled fondly. "I won't. I got you, love." Slowly, he removed Harry's hands from his shoulders, instead holding them in his own. Harry's skin was warm, sending sparks of electricity through his whole body. "One step at a time. Well, technically you have to slide, but whatever suits you the best. I won't let you fall." He would at least try.

"Alright," breathed Harry, slowly moving with Louis as Louis began skating backwards. "How do you do that so effortlessly, hot damn."

Louis shrugged, grinning. "Lots of practice."

"So... you just spent your whole childhood skating?"

"Well, in the winter months, yeah," Louis nodded, tightening his hold on Harry as the man was close to tripping again. He chuckled, "You're doing great."

"I have a feeling you're being sarcastic right now," Harry said, pursing his lips.

"Only a little bit, but you are getting the hang of it," Louis said. It was true. Harry's legs were slowly finding the rhythm. "Wanna try with only one hand?"

"Don't you dare," Harry said.

Louis chuckled. "Alright, then."

They had reached the middle of the rink, Harry quite literally looking like Bambi on ice.

"You look like Bambi," Louis said.

Harry let out a puff of air, smiling. "Do I now?"

"Yes," Louis said. "Now, I really think we should try with one hand. We will do it slowly."

"Alright," Harry spoke, slowly letting go of Louis' left hand. "If you insist."

"See?" Louis encouraged. "You're still standing, love."

"I'm still standing," sang Harry lowly, the corner of his lip quirking up.

Louis laughed. "Hell yeah, you are. Now move."

Harry did, sliding over the ice. He clutched Louis' hand tightly, skating around in a small circle around him.

"That's it!" Louis said, but just then, Harry lost his balance. He let out a low yelp before he fell backwards, landing on his butt. His hand was still clutched in Louis', sending Louis down with him. Louis shrieked as he landed on top of Harry. He had let go of Harry's hand, trying to stifle his fall by placing a hand on either side of Harry's face as he propelled down. But due to the ice, his hands slipped, sending him face-first into Harry's chest. By the coalition, Harry had fallen down on his back, Louis now lying completely on top of him.

For a few seconds, Louis just lay there, mortified. But then he felt, as much as he heard, Harry's laughter.

He propped himself up on his knees, cheeks flushed as he looked down at Harry. "Sorry." He couldn't help but laugh himself. "I'm so sorry."

"How was that your fault?" chuckled Harry, propping himself up on his elbows. "My balance is just shit."

"Still," Louis said, silent chuckles rippling through his chest. "Sorry for putting you through ice skating. Here, let me help you up."

With difficulty, they both managed to stand up again, Harry holding onto Louis' shoulders for support.

"For the record," Harry said, "even though I'm shit at it, I'm still enjoying every second of this."

Louis' cheeks flushed red. "Oh. Well, I can only say the same."

Harry grinned shyly, looking down. Just then, Louis realised how close they were standing to each other. 

"Do you wanna get out of here?" Louis asked. "I had more in mind for us."

"Does it involve me falling on my arse again?" Harry asked, wriggling his eyebrows.

"No." Louis shook his head amusedly. "It doesn't. It does involve some food, though. You hungry?"

They managed to get off the rink in one piece, and Louis handed Harry back his jacket as they stepped out in the Autumn air.

"So... where are we going?" Harry asked, looking around.

"I know this place that makes the most amazing waffles," Louis said. "In the years I have lived here, I've become quite a frequent buyer. And, you know, ever since you made us waffles, I have been wanting to take you there."

"Oh." Even in the darkness, Louis could spot the delicate flush that spread over Harry's cheekbones. He loved doing that. He loved making Harry blush simply by talking. He loved knowing his words had an effect on Harry. "Well, take me there, then."

"In a hurry, are we?"

"No, but I'm excited to just sit down and get to know you," Harry said.

Now it was Louis' turn to turn red. "Oh. Alright. Um, it's just down this street."

Harry chuckled.

"Have you read any good books recently?" asked Louis as they walked.

"I'm currently reading Emma by Jane Austin."

Louis smirked. "Good choice. Tell me your thoughts when you finish it?"

"I would love to," Harry said.

"Good. Ah! We are here."

They were standing in front of a small building squeezed between two apartment buildings. It was a cosy-looking place, built in red brick, the lights from the windows looking warm from where they were standing on the chilly street.

"Looks cosy," Harry said, smiling at Louis.

Louis walked to the door, opening it. He winked, gesturing for Harry to walk inside. "After you."

Harry actually giggled. It was possibly Louis' new favourite sound. "What a gentleman," he said as he walked through the door.

"I'm trying my best," Louis grinned, following Harry inside. The door closed behind them, a bell chiming. "Oh! That reminds me." Louis fished his phone out of his pocket. "When I was at the flower shop today I saw a poster..." He trailed off, accidentally looking at Harry, and Harry looked like something out of a dream. The lights from the lamps were hitting his face just right, making his skin glow golden. And then there were the fucking dimples. Harry was smiling, and it made butterflies set off in Louis' stomach.

"You were saying?" Harry asked. He wet his lips, Louis' eyes following the motion.

"Oh, right." He quickly found the picture he had taken earlier and handed Harry the phone. "I saw this and thought it maybe was something you could be interested in?"

Harry held the phone, squinting his eyes as he read the text. He needed to wear his glasses more often to make life easier for himself. Also, Louis really loved his glasses.

"This made you think of me?" Harry asked, looking up from the phone.

Louis shrugged, smiling shyly. "Well... you mentioned you were looking for a job. I mentioned you to the lady who owns the shop. Apparently, she does almost all the work herself, except for her part-time worker. But they quit... so now it's just her. She said she would love it if I mentioned it."

"I am," Harry said, "but... I don't even know. This... you went out of your way to..." Harry trailed off. "Thank you."

Louis' cheeks flared. "No problem."

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but someone took the words out of his mouth. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but you two are blocking the exit."

Louis' head snapped to his right, eyes landing on an elder man who looked kindly at them. "We apologise," Louis said. He placed a light hand on Harry's arm, guiding him away from the door. Once there, he didn't remove his hand.

"We should probably order something," Harry said, voice low as his eyes were glued to where Louis was touching him. "I am afraid my stomach will start grumbling soon."

Louis smiled amusedly. "We can't have that."

They found a table. Menus were already lying there, and once you had found out what you wanted, you were just supposed to go up and order it from the cashier.

"I can recommend waffles with chocolate and vanilla ice," Louis said. "Tastes amazing."

Harry grinned over the edge of his menu. "I think... I will get that and a hot chocolate. That okay?"

"Of course it is," Louis said. "Don't worry, it's on me."

"That's why I asked."

Louis shook his head, smiling. "I took you on the date, remember? I'll pay."

"Alright, but next time I pay."

Louis raised an eyebrow. "You think there'll be a second date?"

"Well, um, I hope so," Harry said, scratching at his neck. "If not that's okay too, of course. It's fine—"

"Harry," Louis chuckled. "I've known there would be a second date the moment you opened your door for me earlier, okay? No need to stress."

"Oh." Harry looked like he tried to bite back a big smile, but when that didn't work, he decided to try and hide behind his menu.

"I'll go up and order, yeah?" Louis said, standing up.

Harry nodded. "Alright, yeah." His dimples were pooling in his cheeks.

* * *

On the walk home, Louis felt full of waffles and happiness. He and Harry were walking close, their shoulders bumping together. Harry was talking excitedly about Emma the book, and how far he had come. Harry, Louis learned, was the type of person who loved to analyse books. Especially classics. It was another bit of information about Harry that he held sacred in his heart. It was like a new room had opened there, a whole new part just beating for Harry.

They reached Harry's building way too soon. The wind had picked up, and Louis could barely feel his toes, but it didn't matter. If he had the choice to walk even further with Harry, he would.

"So," Harry said, tucking his curls behind his ear. "I really had fun tonight."

"Even though you fell on the ice?" Louis asked.

"Yeah," Harry softly said. "And I really enjoyed spending time with you. Ten out of ten date."

"I can only say the same," Louis said. "And I spent it in the best company."

"God you're so..." Harry trailed off. He shook his head, teeth biting into his lips to stifle a smile.

"So what?" Louis asked, tilting his head to the side.

"You're so you, and I love that," Harry said. "And I really had fun. Wait, I already mentioned that, didn't I?"

"You did," Louis chuckled. "You have a lot to live up to with the next one."

"I think that's impossible, but I'll try," Harry said, running his tongue over his lips, and God, Louis wanted to kiss him. He wanted to know how his lips tasted before he left.

"Can I kiss you?" he blurted.

Harry's eyes opened wide. "What?"

Louis' skin was burning. He wasn't so cold anymore all of sudden. "Sorry, sorry. That was... sorry." He ran a palm over his face. "Sorry, I shouldn't have—"

"Hey." Harry grabbed Louis' hand, his skin warm. "You just took me by surprise. It's not because I don't want to."

"Really?" Louis looked up at him hopefully.

Harry shrugged, smiling shyly. "I would like to kiss you, yeah."

"Oh." All the air was punched out of Louis' lungs, butterflies taking place where the air had been seconds ago. He was going to kiss Harry. "Oh, alright."

Harry chuckled, his hand coming to rest on Louis' jaw. "Get to it, then."

"Getting bold are we?" asked Louis, cupping Harry's face as well. His cheeks were warm against his palms.

"I have been wanting to kiss you all night," admitted Harry. "Ever since you gave me those flowers. Frankly, I have been wanting to kiss you since I saw you for the first time in that Starbucks."

Butterflies, butterflies, butterflies. "I can only say the same," breathed Louis, and before Harry could answer, he connected their lips.

Harry tasted like waffles with a faint taste of vanilla. His lips were warm, making Louis capable of feeling every single limp in his body once again. And when they moved against Louis' own, fireworks showed behind Louis' closed eyelids.

It wasn't a long kiss, and only a press of lips, no tongue, but Louis' whole body felt on fire. Once they pulled apart, he kept his hand on Harry's face for a beat longer than needed before he pulled away.

With rosy cheeks he said, "I already can't wait for date number two."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5.7K 10
Louis is an eighteen year old university student with an anxiety disorder. His only friend is Niall, who outshines Louis with his smarts and his pers...
250K 3.5K 19
Harry Styles was just another first year moving sluggishly through university, until he meets second year Louis Tomlinson. Harry starts to fall for L...
37.1K 970 36
Louis Tomlinson was your typical grade-A uni student. He hides behind his books behind the counter of the local coffee shop. With his life-long best...
367K 9K 17
Harry has only had his room for thirty-two minutes when it stops being his. Uni AU. Harry had turned up at the halls of residence expecting fun, new...