𝗣𝗢𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗥 , ᶜʳⁱᵐⁱⁿᵃˡ ᵐⁱⁿ...

By oneilsreid

━━ ❛ POPULAR ❜ ... More

✹ ╱ 𝕻𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫
introduction.
playlist.
𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝒊. ━━ 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑑𝑜𝑤
i-angel from mid-wilshire
ii-to hell...
iii-and back
iv-nameless, faceless
v-reckoner
vi-the preformer
vii-100
viii-the slave of duty
ix-mosley lane
x-solitary man
xi-the fight
xii-exit wounds
xiii-the internet is forever
xiv-our darkest hour
𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝒊𝒊. ━━ 𝑓𝑒𝑚𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑒
xv-the longest night
xvi-JJ
xvii-compromising positions
xviii-what happens at home..
xix-sense memory
xx-today i do
xxi-coda
xxiii-lauren
xxix-see you again
xxv-stages of grief
xxvi-supply and demand
𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝒊𝒊𝒊 ━━ 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠
xxvii-it takes family
xxviii-hit
xxix-the fallen
xxx-under, part one
xxxi-under, part two
xxxii-carbon copy
xxxiii-nanny dearest
xxxiv-brother's hotchner
xxxv-final shot
xxxvi-decoy
xxxvii-200.0
xxxviii-rabid
xxxix-angels
xl-demons
𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝒊𝒗 ━━ 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔...
xli-beginning of something better
xlii-X
xliii-a thousand suns
xlv-operation: under the influence
xlvi-nelson's sparrow
xlvii-more than a case
xlviii-apartment hunting
xlix-o'mallys
l-bride to be
li-mr scratch

xxii-valhalla

762 29 0
By oneilsreid

▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ .
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ━ 𝕱𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐞 𝕱𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞°. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙲𝚁𝙸𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙰𝙻 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙳𝚂  ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. The two of them felt equally as paranoid as the other. They felt that as soon as one closed their eyes, she's going to wake up tied to a chair in a completely different location. The two women were both living in a state of constant stress and fear of any and everything. Whatever it was, the two were more jumpy than usual. Emily was living in fear of Doyle and Leigh was living in fear of what Doyle could do to them.

The next place Leigh and Emily met their old friends from their old teams was on the metro. Every single person on that metro that looked at them funny was a cause for concern. Leigh was quite literally losing her mind.

     Leigh and Emily were on opposite sides of the metro car waiting for the people from their old teams to arrive.

     "Hola," she said. It was Angela. "Luckily i'm not working for Doyle. We got on three stops ago."

     "You and your friend okay?" Tim asked her. He had came instead of Wade seeing as he was still acting unit chief of counterterrorism.

     "Ian Doyle is here in DC." Leigh said after she shared a look with Emily across the car, seeing that she was also conversing with her old team members.

     "How can you be sure?" Tim asked.

     "She sat next to him last night." Leigh gestured to Emily across the car.

     "What?" Angela exclaimed in surprise.

     "He said, and I quote, "if I warned my team or tell anyone, he'd kill them"." Leigh replied.

     "Did he know you were there?" Angela asked her.

     "And more to the point, why didn't either of you kill him when you had the chance?" Tim interjected.

      "He's not working alone." Leigh told them.

     "Then he's just playing with you guys." Angela tried. It didn't seem like a game. Instead, pretty straight forward."

     "No, no, he's a power assertive psychopath. He doesn't play games." Tim let out.

     "He's meticulous," Leigh said. "He plans everything down to the last detail."

     "Yeah, and that last detail being you and Emily," Tim said, and Leigh sent him her signature glare. "Don't think for a second that he'll stop at just Emily. Or you."

     "Maybe you should tell your team." Angela suggested. And part of Leigh agreed with that statement, but the other side of her wanted to keep them in the dark. Wanting to keep them safe.

     "No. I can't. This isn't their fight. And I won't take that risk," Leigh said stubbornly. "I know Emily thinks the same."

     "We stay together, we can get him." Angela said.

     "Yeah, and look at how that ended up." Leigh muttered. Both of her ex-teammates knew she was talking about Emily's friend, Jeremy.

     "Wait, wait. When you went undercover, I promised that no one would harm you." Tim told her.

     "I'm not undercover anymore. DC isn't his comfort zone. It's Emily's. Somewhat mine," Leigh finished. "This ends here." she let out as the train slowly came to its stop. The doors opening and she walked out of the train and went home.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

     The next day, Leigh and Emily went to work. Neither of the two spoke to each other about Ian. They barely spoke at all. Neither of them knew what to say anymore. The glances and small smiles were enough for comfort. It's terrifying to lay and wait while they wait for Ian to play his next move.

     Leigh sat in between Derek and Ashely as Garcia went over the case.

     "Two DC homes torched, two families, on the same night, last night." she explained.

     "I'm surprised it still hasn't hit the news. It's already midday." Derek let out.

     "Yeah, all anyone's talking about is this storm that may or may not hit." Garcia let out. Yeah, I'm feeling that too, Leigh thought. "I managed to find an online article about the fires written by this guy Jeff Hastings, but no one's running with it."

     "How strange. They usually thrive on tragedy." Rossi said.

     "Yeah, and it gets weirder." Penelope said and pressed the button on her remote.

     "Ron and Lauren Cosenza and their 10 year old son were found in the master bedroom of their home. Each shot through the forehead. The gun belonged to the father." Hotch said.

     "Murder-suicide?" Ashley asked.

     "Well, it looks like metro P.D.'s investigation is going that way, but it's still the first 48. They want our help." Derek replied.

     "Kerry and Frank Fagan, like the Consenza's, were found in their master bedroom from a suspected gas leak." Spencer said.

     "It had to be massive to cause that. How does the news miss a house explosion?" Rossi asked. The damage was too big to be a gas leak.

     "Any connection between the families?" Ashley asked.

     "Only one. A continent. Kerry Fagan was born in Germany, Ron Cosenza is from Italy." Garcia replied.

      "So 2 of the 5 victims are from Europe. How does that help?" Derek asked.

     "It doesn't. I'm just stating the facts and it's a bit weird to me that this happened a few miles away from each other."

     Emily came in late again. "Guys I'm sorry, I'm late." she ushered as she made her way to her seat.

     "You ok?" Hotch asked her.

     "Yeah, it's just one of those weeks. I guess." she let out as she took her seat next to Leigh. "I'm sorry. What did I miss? Arsonist?" she chuckled stressfully.

     "One appears to be murder-suicide, the other a freak accident." Derek let out.

     "So why are we looking at it?"

     "House fires are rare. Add to that a few miles apart. Within the same hour, kind of tips the scales of coincidence."Leigh added.

     "Yeah, if somebody did this, they're highly motivated and organized." Spencer let out.

     "And if he wants to strike again, he's got 72 hours before the storm shuts the city down." Hotch concluded.

     Once the case was concluded for now, Penelope pulled Leigh aside.

     "Are you ok?" she asked the brown-haired woman, who seemed taken aback by the question.

     "I'm fine. Why?"

     "Well, it's just, you've been zoning out a lot. And you never zone out. Something is going on with Emily, too. What's going on—" Garcia kept going but Leigh cut her off. She couldn't deal with this right now.

      "Stop." she deadpanned, her voice hard and frustrated. "Just stop." Garcia didn't say anything before Leigh walked out. She knew she shouldn't have snapped at Garcia like that, but at this point she couldn't control what was coming out of her mouth like usual.

     She needed to put her focus on something else.

     Emily, Rossi and Leigh went to one of the houses. They were there alone which was odd. Metro PD was supposed to meet them there. Emily called about it when she hung up she told them what was going on.

     "That's weird. They're not coming. There was some mix up with Metro PD and we're on our own. What do you got?" She asked Rossi. That is weird.

     "Well, the fire didn't spread because they had hard wired smoke alarms and a sprinkler system."

     "What's with the security? Why the steel door? What did he do for a living?" Leigh let out as she looked around.

     "Oh, computer networking and the Fagans were financial advisors." Rossi replied. Interesting.

     "These neighborhoods don't require anything more than an average deadbolt, certainly nothing on the bedroom doors.
It's like a panic room." Leigh let out.

     "Yeah, but there's nothing in this room that's high tech.
There's no surveillance cameras, average alarm system." Rossi started.

     "In an average area. But he had a 40-caliber and a load of locks." Emily let out.

     "What was this guys afraid of?" Leigh wondered out loud.

     "Or who." Emily added.

     "Maybe himself. If he actually killed his family, then he's been hiding something." Rossi spoke.

     This case is just so...different.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

     Once the three made it back to the BAU, they talked briefly in the elevator about what Garcia found.

     "Garcia hasn't found any connection between the victims."
Rossi said.

     "There has to be one." Leigh let out.

     "On paper they're perfect. Everything is clean. But what happened to them last night was anything but." Rossi added.  

     As the three walked back in, Leigh set her stuff down at her desk with a large sigh, the sound of her bag hitting the table made Spencer jump.

     "I'm sorry." she said, honestly. This is the most honest she's been all day.

     "I thought you were in there." He said and gestured to the conference room.

     "Are you okay?" Leigh asked him deeply.  Even though she was dealing with some of her own problems, she still wanted to make sure her friends were okay.

     "Yeah, I'm-I'm sure these victims overlap somehow. Garcia pulled their phone numbers, but so far I can't find anything." Spencer said.

     "That's not what i'm talking about," Leigh let out. "You jumped. As long as i've known you, you never jump."

     "I've been having these really intense headaches lately." He told her, sheepishly.

     "Well, have you seen a doctor?" she asked him.

     "Yeah, a few. None have even able to figure it out." He said.

     "Oh, I'm sorry," Leigh said sincerely. She wanted to help him, but how in the hell could she do that and track Doyle at the same time? "Does anyone else know?"

     "You."

     "I won't tell anyone." she assured.

     "I know. They'd just worry. Not that you're not gonna worry but they'll just make me feel like a baby, you know?" He chuckled the last part. She felt that last part. Deeply.

     "Yeah, I know."

     "How about you?"

     "What?"

     "How are you?" Spencer asked again.

     "I'm good. I'm fine." she answered.

     "You keep cracking your knuckles," he noticed. "You only do that when you're stressed."

      "Yeah. I guess it's just habit." she shrugged. Spencer could tell she wasn't telling the whole truth, but he didn't push it.

      He looked at the papers again and found something. "You coming?" he asked her.

     "Yeah, in a second." Leigh replied just before Spencer walked away. She sat down at her desk and opened her last drawer and started shifting through it.

     At the very bottom is where she kept her undercover personnel and files from her past jobs and cases. Including the one with Ian Doyle.

      It was titled Operation: CIS (Chemist in Spain). 

     It had her undercover name, age, current occupation, and background. Nova Lin was the undercover persona for which she was the brains behind drug operations. And that included Ian Doyle.

      The last thing she wanted to do was jeopardize her team. Her life. Her undercover career. But a little part of her knew that they would be able to help.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

      Apparently the two victims' family shared a number. The person it belonged to is British. Derek, Emily and Leigh went to the address.

     "So what's your take on these guys?" Emily asked Derek.

     "They're contradicting themselves. Exposing bodies but then going through all of this to hide it." Derek replied.

     "Do you think they wanted us on the case?" Emily asked.

     "Us, the BAU? Why would they?"

     "Ego, control. Some kind of agenda." She let out.

     "I don't think we're even on their radar, Prentiss. Do you?"

     "You're right. Why would we be?" Emily added.

    "You're awfully quiet, Leigh. Everything okay?" Derek asked her. She had to resist rolling her eyes. She was tired of everyone asking her that.

     "Yes. I'm fine." she answered sternly. Neither Derek or Emily had heard this tone come from her before, but regardless, they dropped the topic and made it to the house.

     As they made it, they first noticed that all the lights were off.

      "You sure this is it?" Derek asked.

      "Maybe nobody's home." Leigh suggested.

     "Garcia never got an answer." Derek replied.

      The three agents got out of the car, and as soon as they did, the front door to the house opened and people in masks came out and started shooting at them.

     "Get down!" Derek yelled, pushing both Leigh and Emily aside to the back of the cruiser where they wouldn't be visible.

      They shot everything. Car windows, tires, doors. They shot down the SUV, deflating one of the tires with numerous bullets. When they turned to walk, or sprint away, Leigh and Emily were ready with their own guns to shoot at them. But they were quicker to look back and continue shooting at the agents.

     Leigh and Emily continued to return fire as the people in masks turned to walk away. Leigh, with her superb marksman skills, shot one masked man in the leg.

     Then, suddenly, when he attempted to run back to his group in the minivan, they shot him dead. After a few minutes, the place was flooded with police.

      "Well this is one story that's not gonna get buried." Derek muttered.

     "He's just a kid. He can't be more than 25." Emily let out.

     "A kid with an assault weapon isn't just a kid anymore."
Derek replied and leaned down to the body. "4 rounds total.
That one's yours. You hit his femoral artery." He said to Leigh.

     "He was dead and they knew it," Leigh sighed. "Bet he didn't bargain on that when he signed up."

"He's got two shots to the head and then one in the wrist.
Why the wrist?" Derek asked.

"To make sure he can't fire?" Emily suggested.

"He was dead before his head hit the sidewalk." He replied and then picked up his wrist. "Guys. He's got a tattoo, at least what's left of one. They blew a hole through the tattoo because we could have ID'd him."

"So they're confident we can't ID his face or prints." Emily said as they stood up from their crouching position.

Inside the house, the man the team came for was dead.

"3 of the 6 victims are from Europe." Leigh muttered.

"And the mini beryl says they're serious." Derek added.

"We saw how they move. They've got to be ex-military." Emily pointed out. They walked in an organized formation.

"European hit-squad cleaning the house? It's happened before." Derek added. Rossi and Hotch joined the three.

"They could have taken us out easily," Leigh let out. Why didn't they?" she asked.

"FBI agents gunned down in DC would have definitely started a war. A war this kid wasn't prepared for. He's just a foot soldier. Whoever shot him is the leader." Derek replied.

"Someone must have warned Byron Delaney to get out."
Rossi said.

"And whoever it is is next on the list." Hotch muttered.

Leigh had this nasty gut feeling that this was the work of someone she'd come across before. But she just ignored it.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

The next day at the FBI headquarters in the Behavioral Analysis Unit, Spencer was attempting to reconstruct the tattoo that was on the wrist of the man that was shot by his own crew.

"Reid, you got anything?" Derek asked him.

"The damage is pretty extensive, but luckily some of the tattoo remains." he replied as he sketched out the tattoo.

Garcia came up behind the group. "I think I found out who dug the hole. The journo told me to follow the money, like straight up, that's what he told me, so I did. It turns out "The Gazette" is owned by a multinational global conglomerate—oil, new technologies, shipping, air and ground transportation, all of which employ the services of one company—CWS."

"Clear Water Securities?" Hotch asked. Garcia nodded.

"You know them?" Rossi asked.

"I've come across them. They're a private counterintelligence group out of Geneva." Hotch replied.

"Ron Cosenza, Byron Delaney, Kerry Fagan all worked for CWS." Garcia revealed.

"How long ago?" Leigh asked.

"7 years."

Spencer rolled back from his chair with the sketch of the tattoo. "Got it." he nodded and showed the group the finished drawing. It almost made Leigh throw up at the sight of the familiar mark.

A four-leaf clover. Doyle's signature.

This was Doyle. This was all him. He was trying to get Leigh and Emily's attention, and boy was he going to get it.

Emily walked out once she got the glimpse of the tattoo. Leigh and Garcia shared a look with each other, Leigh gave her a look that basically said, "I'll handle her."

Leigh followed Emily into the women's bathroom. She called Tsia but was interrupted when Garcia walked in as well.

"Are you alright?" She asked the two women.

"Don't start." Emily snapped. When she realized how that sounded, she apologized. "I'm sorry. I'm. sorry. We're gonna be alright." Emily assured.

"Okay. I'm just really worried about the both of you. I think the flu is going around. Are you pregs?" She instantly wondered.

"No, i'm just—I'm not sleeping. You know, I tell Leigh she doesn't have to stay up with me, but she doesn't listen," she nodded to Leigh who gave her a small smile. "I'm having this nightmare. It's a recurring nightmare. There's a hill and there's a little girl with dark hair. She's on top of the hill. She's like 6 years old, and she's just dancing in the sun. But somehow I know that she's waiting for me, so I start to walk up the hill...but the hill get's steeper and steeper, and by the time I climb to the top, the little girls' gone. And I look everywhere for her and when I can't find her, I start to panic... And I panic because I know what's waiting out there for her. I know what the world can do to a girl who only sees beauty in it. Like you," she gestured to Garcia, smiling widely. "Somehow you always make me smile and I don't think I've ever thanked you for that." Emily went on. Leigh almost teared up. She could tell this wasn't just Emily getting something off her chest.

This was a goodbye.

Suddenly, Ashley came in. "Hotch needs you guys in the SCIF."

"Ok." Emily nodded before pushing past Garcia and Seaver, leaving the bathroom.

"Are you guys gonna be okay?" Garcia asked Leigh whose shoulders slumped in response.

"We will be, Garcia," she muttered. "We will be." she pushed her way past the two women and walked out the bathroom.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Soon, Leigh, Hotch, Derek, Rossi, and Emily all made a call and went down to the Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility to meet with the designated anti's.

"Why did you bring us here? And why is the BAU interested in CWS?" One asked as soon as the door opened.

"Why did you pull that story?" Derek asked.

Hotch handed them the files. The three men opened them to see. "That's how you want to remember them." He paused and watched them move the picture. "And that is how they are now."

"You warned your friend Byron Delaney. You knew him the longest. It's too bad you were too late." Derek added.

"If you're looking for reactions, this is our business."

"Business?" Leigh echoed.

"Ugly as that sounds."

"Kerry Fagan, Ron Consenza and Byron Delaney, they all worked for CWS." Derek replied.

"As do 40,000 other subcontractors all over the world."

"So they were subcontracted to you." Derek spoke.

"If you're looking for answers, take it up with the main contractor."

"And that would be?" Rossi asked.

"Your government." the man let out.

"Whoever is killing these families holds your company responsible," Hotch told them. "Not the government."

"We run operations from the Middle East to Antarctica," the man replied. "Going over them all will take months."

"So you've already started investigations?" Leigh wondered out loud.

"That's why you pulled the story." Rossi added.

"The cases these people were involved in are protected by a multinational official secrets agreement," the man said. "Even if I wanted to—"

"These people were killed on US soil," Derek cut him off. "By trained suspects who fired on federal agents."

"As a courtesy and out of respect for the predicament your company now faces, everything in this room is now off the record," Hotch continued. "However, outside this room, if you withhold information about the case, you and your company will be held fully accountable."

"All right," the man gave up. "What do you know?"

"We're looking for a European team, with considerable training," Hotch explained. "And for one of them it's personal."

Both Leigh and Emily sighed silently as they both had the inkling of who would be leading this European team the team was looking for.

"Why do you think that?"

"Because they could have spared the child, but they chose not to." Derek said.

"The killing of Samuel Cosenza by one of the team was personal." Leigh went on.

"One of the attackers shot last night, had the remains of a tattoo on his wrist." Rossi let out as Hotch handed the men another folder.

"On the surface the tattoo may look like a simple four-leaf clover," Derek continued. "The stem has a "v" at the end. We believe this is associated with a hidden sect of fallen warriors. It's also the name of a ship famous for its journeys from Dublin to America. The "Valhalla"."

"Have you seen that before?" Rossi asked the men, as they all looked stumped by it.

"We ran an operation to capture the leader of a breakaway IRA faction years ago. He assumed that moniker." the man answered.

"What's his name?" Hotch asked, demanding an answer.

"Ian Doyle."

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

     Everyone met up in the conference room to see Garcia fishing for information on Ian Doyle.

     "Okay, Ian Doyle's officially on everyone's list. His mug is all over the place. He's not gonna be able to get out of the district unless he sprouts wings himself." Garcia muttered.

     "Not that I'm not happy that we have his name, but how are we supposed to know who's on his list?" Ashley asked. Two of them are standing right in front of you.

     "We study his life and every single person he's ever come in contact with." Derek replied. Yeah, we'll see how that goes. Leigh thought.

     "Look, Doyle's been away for 7 years but he still managed to figure out who the players were. Maybe we should start with how he got out of prison." Emily suggested.

     "Where was he locked up?" Derek asked.

     "Russia, I'm pretty sure." Leigh answered.

     "Actually there were no extradition papers on him." Ashley said.

     "Was Doyle on your radar when you were at Interpol?" Hotch asked. The irony, Leigh thought, again.

     "Uh, sure. I have heard of him, but direct contact? I'd have to ask around." Emily replied.

     "Do." Hotch stated. Emily walked out of the room. Hotch turned his attention to Leigh. "What about Counterterrorism? Has Doyle ever been on their radar?"

     "Once or twice." Leigh answered, nodding. "Suspected for smuggling drugs, like cocaine, across state lines."

     "Good guys and bad keep files close to them." Rossi noted.

     "What are in these files?" Garcia asked.

     "It's intel," Leigh let out. "Insurance. Protection. For times like these."

     "Maybe I should go to Byron Delaney's house and see what I can find." Derek offered.

     "Take Prentiss with you," Hotch replied. "She might have some insight."

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

     Once Emily and Derek made it back, everyone met up in the conference room again to go over what Garcia had found.

     "Here's the million-dollar question, anyone know what language that is?" she asked the team.

     "Those are villages in North Korea." Leigh voiced aloud, noticing the rural patterns. 

     "I love you." Garcia mused, making her way to her chair. "Of course she does."

     "There's a political prison near Haengyong-Ni. Camp 22. Kwan-Li-So," Emily let out, nodding in Leigh's direction before pursuing, "North Korea denies it exists."

     "You think they took Doyle there?" Derek asked her.

     "That would explain why he's after them." Ashley told them.

     "Even this prison is off the grid." Garcia added.

     "All we know is that he was never married, had multiple residents and was arrested at his Tuscan Villa." This part surprised Leigh.

     "There's paperwork to back that up?" she asked.

     "And a list of who was there that day," Seaver nodded. "There may be photographs. Reid's looking into that now."

     Leigh could see Emily visibly gulp, and she did too.

     "Right. So those people need to be warned that he's on the warpath." Emily let out.

     "They have been. But there's a whole different life he's led. One that isn't in any file."

     "Prentiss, did you hear from any of your European associates?" Hotch asked her.

     "I'm waiting for them to send me a document." she nodded.

     "We need it now." At that, she got up and walked out the room to call her old colleagues.

     "He's been locked in this hellhole for 7 years," Rossi said. "How'd he get out?"

     "Does it really matter?" Derek replied.

     "Leigh," Hotch called, the brown-haired woman perking up at her name being called. "Give a call to Counterterrorism, see what they have on Doyle."

     "Yes, sir." she responded before walking out the room, down the stairs, and back into the bullpen. She settled herself at her desk before calling Alexis, seeing as she always liked to play detective when it came to cases like these.

     "Doyle was in Kwan-Li-So?" she started, enunciating the last part.

     "Ah. Well, that was on a need-to-know basis." Wade was on the line too.

     "And you didn't think I needed to know that? Are you kidding me?"

     "What good would that do?"

     "W—You don't get to decide what's good for me anymore," Leigh sighed. "What else aren't you telling me?"

     "That's it."

     "You said he was in Russia." Leigh fought.

     "No, actually Dean McAllister told you that." Wade corrected her.

     "Look," Leigh sighed. "I need anything and everything that we have on Doyle. Known acquaintances, circles he used to run in. What went down the day he was arrested. I need to know."

     "We'll send over everything we have, L," Wade told her. "It's not a whole lot."

     "Anything at this point helps." she said before cutting off contact.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

     Leigh was in the copy room printing off the information she received from her old team at Counterterrorism.

     "Hey, what's that?" Spencer asked as soon as she exited the room.

     "Uh, oh, this is the only viable lead I have so far." Leigh replied. "What about you? Seaver said you were looking for photos of, uh, Doyle's Tuscan villa?"

     "I couldn't really find any stills from the day he's was arrested, but there may be some surveillance footage from the Sedans. They generally record everything."

     "Yeah?" Leigh knew exactly why she was nervous.

     She was nervous for Emily. But regardless, she made her way back to the conference room where Hotch, Rossi, and Ashley were.

     "You get a document from Counterterrorism?" Hotch asked.

     "Bank accounts traceable to our first two victims," Leigh replied as she handed Hotch the document. "We might be able to match the rest of those faces."

     "What else have you found?" Emily asked as she walked in, her eyes scanning the pictures on the television screen.

Later on, Hotch stood before the entire unit, wheeling over a board with numerous murder victims pinned to it and a few headshots plastered on the top. One of them being Ian Doyle. In an instant, Leigh noticed the way Emily's body tensed up at the sight of it. And vice versa.

"It's not often that we know a subject's name, and in this case, knowing Ian Doyle's identity doesn't give us very much.
He's known to a select few and those who know him either work beside him or they're on his list..." Hotch continued to speak about the horrific crimes that their suspect had committed, but Leigh's attention fell onto the woman who stood beside her.

Leigh's fingertips grazed Emily's clothed shoulder, "Emily..."

Emily's eyes were glossy in what seemed to be her own tears. Her jaw tensed as her stare circled the room, landing on the members of their team who were in Emily's line of sight. Ashley Seaver. David Rossi. Penelope Garcia. Spencer Reid. Aaron Hotchner. Derek Morgan, and finally, Leigh Grimes. She slightly nodded her head in response, a trembling frown forming on her lips, understanding what she had to do.

Prentiss turned to exit the room, but stopped herself in her tracks to turn back. "L?" she said, her voice weak and frail.

"Yeah?" she replied.

"What I'm about to do... it's for Tsia." the raven-haired woman promised through a teary-eyed smile.

"Don't die on me now, Em."

With that, Prentiss slipped a sticky note into Leigh's hand and exited the room.

❪ ៸ 𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
ꔛ﹅ ۰ ۰ ۰ 一 ꗃ﹕pls don't be mad at the next chapter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 569 38
spencer reid, an undercover agent, and - of course - plenty of books. what could go wrong? [seasons 1-4] started: 04/21/23 finished: xx/xx/xx * i do...
446K 11.1K 35
"Dating? Do you mean dating us both at the same time?" "I mean, it isn't the worst idea..." In which y/n is faced with a choice she's not quite ready...
323K 10.4K 112
𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 - finding love was never in the books for agent casey willows, nor would she have expected it to be with the resident genius of...
263K 4.1K 33
Fake romance between two coworkers at the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit possibly turns into a real spark. But can two people separate personal and b...