Flew Too Close To The Sun

By punkypastel

Icarus, a faceless member of Taak Force 141, suddenly has his face revealed with a mission gone wrong. It doe... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
A/N
Chapter 9 and 10
Chapter 13 and 14
Chapter 15 and 16
Chapter 17 and 18

Chapter 11 and 12

187 3 1
By punkypastel

Chapter Eleven

Icarus pulled the keys from the ignition, letting the engine die. He looked behind him to see Ghost still asleep in the backseat, and a small smile found its way to Icarus’ face. He opened the car door and climbed out before approaching the back door. Icarus opened it quietly, reaching a hand out and touching the top of Ghost’s head gently. “Simon,” He cooed, “We’re back at the base.”

Ghost’s eyes opened, meeting Icarus’ with a confused look. He groaned as he sat himself up and adjusted his mask, speaking through it, “You put it on me while I was asleep?”

“Yessir,” Icarus extended a hand for Ghost to take, helping him out of the car with a chuckle, “As much as I wanted to continue looking at your face, I figured you wouldn’t be too pleased with the rest of the team knowing.” The man brushed long hair from his face, checking over Ghost’s injured shoulder, “Good. You toss and turn in your sleep, you know that?”

“I’ve been told.” Ghost commented, looking at his recently stitched wound. He stretched his arm with a visible look of discomfort before looking back at Icarus with gleaming eyes. “We need to continue where we left off sometime.” He mumbled, turning to the base and approaching it.

With a smirk, Icarus slipped up to Ghost’s side, falling into step with him. He smacked the man’s side gently with the back of his hand, looking up to speak to him, “Damn right we do. Does that mean I get to finally see your room?”

“You wish.” Ghost was right, Icarus did wish. But he didn’t push it anymore as the two walked through the door. It was just them, or they thought.

“Ghost. New guy.” A familiar voice greeted them and Icarus looked around, spotting the familiar face of the Los Vaqueros leader. Through a grin, Alejandro spoke again, “I heard you were on a mission. Welcome back.” He pointed towards Ghost’s wound, “Whichever doctor stitched you up did a good job.”

“That would be me.” Icarus watched Ghost clasp hands with Alejandro before extending a hand for the man to shake. “And I’m not new. Icarus.” He introduced himself and his grin only grew upon seeing the realization and recognition grow on Alejandro’s face.

“Rudy!” Alejandro called for his second in command, who stood up from behind the counter with a pot in his hands, “Check it out. It’s Overwatch.” Icarus locked eyes with Rudolfo, grinning as the other man’s eyes lingered on his face.

After a moment of staring, Rudolfo put the pot down and set the oven mitts to the side. He made his way around the counter and took Icarus’ hand when it was offered, “El Sin Rostro. It’s a pleasure.” Icarus released his hand, tapping Rudolfo’s shoulder once before stepping back. Rudolfo made his way back behind the counter, lifting the pot. “I made lunch. You two are free to join.”

“Of course. Thank you, Rudy.” Icarus dipped his head and smacked Ghost’s side again, this time a bit rougher. Ghost looked down at him with the signature side-eye, earning a chuckle from Alejandro. “We’ll be right back. Gots to get the big guy here a new shirt.” Alejandro chuckled again when Ghost completely turned his head to glare.

The pair went through the door to their left, walking down the hall that connected some of the rooms to the cafeteria. They stopped in front of a door and Ghost stared at Icarus for a while before speaking, “Stay out here.” Icarus stared up at Ghost with dark eyes, almost fluttering his eyelashes.

“Wow, that’s so unlike you. Disobeying direct orders. Shake my head.” Icarus did as he said and shook his head, earning a look from the taller man.

“What orders am I disobeying?” Ghost questioned, raising a brow.

Icarus cackled and reached his hand for the doorknob, “Well, you’re supposed to stay with me at all times.” Ghost grabbed his wrist and pushed past him, opening the door to his room and closing it behind him just as quickly. Icarus laughed loudly and leaned against the wall next to the door, “I’ll see your room someday, big man.” He heard rustling in Ghost’s room, a slight grunt, and then a thud. Knocking on the door, he called through to his teammate, “You alright in there, Simon?”

Another grunt sounded but the door opened, revealing Ghost in a new short sleeved shirt. He stared at Icarus for a moment while he shifted his mask before speaking, “Yes.” He didn’t elaborate on what had happened, instead shutting his door quickly and changing the subject. “I’m surprised you didn’t just come in. I didn’t lock it.”

“Is that an invitation for next time?” Icarus smirked, looking over Ghost’s wound again to make sure he didn’t irritate it too bad. He pursed his lips and looked back at Ghost’s eyes. “Your shirt got caught on it didn’t it?”

Ghost stared back, stopping in the doorway of the cafeteria. The both of them felt Alejandro and Rudolfo watching them.

Through narrowed eyes, Ghost pulled his arm away roughly, yet kept staring. They stood like this for a while until Alejandro slammed his fist down on the table he was sitting at, causing Icaraus to jump slightly and Ghost to turn his death stare to the leader of Los Vaqueros. Alejandro laughed, leaning back while looking at Icarus. “What kind of 141 member jumps like that?”

“The kind that’s been tortured.” The room went silent, Icarus looking up at Ghost when the British man spoke. Brushing his long hair from his face, Icarus nudged Ghost and gave him a look. Ghost looked back down through narrowed eyes.

“Aaaaanyway,” Icarus grinned again, approaching the table and sitting down with Ghost close behind him. “What’s for dinner, little guy?” He asked Rudolfo, who smiled and shook his head at the use of the nickname. Ghost sat next to Icarus and across from Alejandro, crossing his arms as Icarus leaned on him.

Rudolfo looked between Icarus and Ghost, then finally to Alejandro where he spoke in his native language, “Ves esto?” Alejandro laughed, throwing his head back while doing so. His second in command then turned back to Icarus. “Well, I made enchiladas.” When Icarus snorted, Rudolfo added, “They aren’t your typical enchiladas. Try one.” He scooped one from the pan and set it on a plate, sliding it to the man across from him. “Want one Ghost?”

Icarus threw a hand on Ghost’s shoulder, butting in before the masked man could answer, “He would love one.” He gave Ghost a side-eye of his own before sitting up, cutting into his enchilada. He picked up a small piece with his fork, bringing it up to his nose to smell all the spices used in it. The scent by itself made his mouth water and, quickly, Icarus slid the food into his mouth, savoring the flavor before swallowing it. He knew Alejandro and Rudolfo were looking at him, he could feel their gazes and they waited for his opinion. But what he didn’t know was that Ghost was as well.

The masked man had leaned down slightly, watching Icarus as he made a very dramatic taste testing of the food. He was lost in thought, watching the man eat with one hand while holding his hair back with the other. But that thought was broken when Icarus looked up to him with his eyes, meeting Ghost’s own.

Icarus inhaled sharply, choking on his food in surprise. Ghost smacked his back, earning a cough and a squeak from Icarus. Immediately, Ghost had to look away. Why would he make such a silly noise?

Icarus coughed some more, breathing hard. But, regardless of the fact he had just choked, gave a thumbs up to Rudolfo. “Fucking tasty. Cheers, wait-” He stood up, rushing to the fridge and pulling four beers from the fridge. “- Cheers.” He clinked his beer with Rudolfo’s once he handed it to him.

“Is he always this…” Alenjandro had leaned into the table, speaking to Ghost quietly while the both of them watched Rudolfo and Icarus laugh together, “Goofy?” He chuckled, “I’ve only interacted with him on missions, and he’s always so serious.”

Ghost almost didn’t answer the question, just staring at Icarus. His dark eyes met the others, and Icarus gave him a huge grin before going back to talking with Rudolfo. Finally, Ghost sighed lightly and replied to Alejandro quietly, “From what I’ve seen, yes.”

Alejandro gave him a look but didn’t press on it, instead standing up to greet the rest of the 141 as they entered the base. Price looked up, stopping while Soap and Gaz made their way to get themselves some food. With a thumbs up, the captain confirmed a mission well done.
(words: 1472)

---

Chapter Twelve

(bordering on smut)

The 141 and the two leaders of Los Vaqueros sat around a TV in the break room, one that was hardly big enough for one person to look at by themselves. But here they were, seven people crowded around a small TV as they enjoyed one of the few breaks they get in their line of work. It was silent, the only sounds in the room being that of the movie they were watching on the TV. That was until Icarus spoke up, shoving Ghost lightly with an elbow, “Move, I can’t see.”

Ghost looked down at Icarus with a glare, chuckles and laughs from everyone around them. He didn’t speak, instead Icarus continued, “Who thought it was a bright idea to let the tallest man in here sit closest to the TV?” More laughs, and more staring from Ghost.

“You’re annoying.” Finally, words erupted from beneath Ghost’s mask. He kept staring at Icarus but eventually stood, stepping over Soap, who recoiled away from the big guy. Icarus watched as the masked man tried not to step on anyone, a huge grin on his face. Without thinking, he grabbed onto Ghost’s leg, causing him to trip and stumble. Immediately he regretted it when Ghost’s balaclava slipped from his face, revealing his face.

Before anyone could even see it, Icarus jumped up and tackled Ghost to the ground. The side of the now maskless man’s face was pressed into the ground as he laid on his stomach, Icarus sitting on his back. The man leaned his head down, using his hair to cover Ghost’s face. He spoke, practically commanded, “Price.” He held out his hand, not moving his head as the smell of the cigar his captain was smoking neared. As soon as he felt the fabric in his hand, Icarus gave it to Ghost and climbed off of his back. He covered Ghost’s face as he put the mask back on before turning around and giving a thumbs up to the rest of the guys. “All good!”

Icarus was now the one on the ground, a heavy weight on his back that pinned him to it. Craning his neck to get a good look, he saw Ghost sitting on his back like he had just done to him. An uncomfortable grin grew on his face, but Ghost still didn’t move. Icarus spoke quietly, “That’s not fair Ghost.”

“I say it’s plenty.” The masked man stared at the rest of the men, earning nods of approval from the others before he looked back down at Icarus. He brushed the man’s hair from his face as if he forgot he was supposed to be mean.

Icarus’ grin grew into one of menace, his eyes locking with Ghost’s. “Last guy who was on top of me ended up going home sore.” The phrasing was vague enough to leave it open enough to a couple of interpretations, but Ghost knew what he truly meant just by his eyes alone. But he still didn’t get up, instead he looked back up to the TV.

“Start the movie.” Icarus was flabbergasted as Ghost ignored him, staring at Soap for help. The Scotsman shook his head and mouthed an apology before pressing the play button on the remote. Horror movie noises sounded from the TV, but Icarus was left to just imagine what was happening. He shifted uncomfortably, finding it hard to take in deep breaths.

Eventually, Icarus just stopped moving. He sighed lightly, as his body couldn’t muster up a heavy one. He stared at the wall, thinking about what went wrong. Oh yea. “Sorry ‘bout knocking your mask off.” He was silenced by shushing from Gaz.

Ghost hadn’t even been looking at the TV, only staring down at the man beneath him. What a perfect sight, and one that made him excited. One he wanted to see more, just under a different context. He felt his pants shift with the hardening growth of his member, and Icarus must have felt it too with the grin he gave Ghost. His dark eyes met the other’s and Ghost knew it was over for him. One look into those mischievous eyes, and Ghost climbed off of the other. He left the room quickly, ignoring the looks from the other guys.

Icarus laid on the ground still, only rolling over onto his back. After a moment, he stood up and told the others he was going to bed. Only one stare, one slight smirk from Price caused Icarus’ eyes to widen only a fraction. He turned on his heel and left the break room, leaving the sound of people dying in a cliche horror movie behind. He navigated through the halls, finding himself outside the familiar door he had been to earlier in the day. Light breaths sounded through the door, quiet enough to not make a fuss, but definitely louder than the deadly silence that roamed the halls.

He listened, resting his hand on the doorknob before twisting it lightly. The breaths from inside stopped as Icarus made his entry, speaking softly, “You said the door was unlocked earlier.” He peered into the room, only to be quickly pulled in. The door shut behind him, the lock clicking. Icarus looked up into the eyes of Ghost, seeing the burning emotions dancing in them. “Well look at that. Should we continue where we left off now?” He meant when they had almost kissed in the car, but clearly Ghost had other ideas when he pushed Icarus onto his bed.

Ghost climbed onto his bed, pulling his mask off while doing so. He rested his hands on the sides of Icarus, effectively pinning him in place. Ghost stared down at Icarus’ face, the smaller man already panting lightly as Ghost’s knee put pressure against his groin. With one hand, he brushed the hair from the other’s face, staring into his eyes. Ghost leaned down, stopping right before his lips made contact with Icarus’. His eyes danced with conflict. If he went any farther, he wouldn’t be able to stop himself. Quickly, Ghost pressed his lips against the other’s, kissing passionately. Icarus shifted beneath him, a small moan escaping his lips when Ghost pulled away for breath.

“..Simon..” Icarus breathed out, his hot breath on Ghost’s face making the larger man lean in for another kiss. Icarus ran his hands over Ghost’s bare chest, eventually dipping down to his already unbuttoned pants. Icarus cast a glance down, grinning in satisfaction. “I bother you that much, huh?” He stared up at Ghost’s face, who’s lips parted as he breathed heavily over the other man. Icarus lifted his head, licking Ghost’s chin with a mischievous smirk. “That’s very nice..”

Ghost narrowed his eyes, his own smirk forming as he rubbed his knee between Icarus’ legs, earning a gasp and a whimper from the man beneath him. He leaned in, speaking lowly next to his ear, “We’ll have to continue some other time. Someone’s coming.” A knock sounded at the door and, grinning, Ghost sat up and freed Icarus. He sat up on the bed, his face red and still panting lightly as Ghost called out, “Hm?”

“Price wants everyone in the meeting room. New mission.” Gaz’s voice sounded from the outside, the sound of his footsteps telling the two that they were free to get up.

Ghost had already been standing as he reached down to button his pants back up. He threw on a loose black shirt, fitting it to hide his excitement. He looked back at Icarus, snapping his fingers to snap him from his daze. “Meeting room. Gather yourself.”

Icarus nodded, swallowing. He smacked his cheeks a couple times, a trait he and his sister shared, standing up and adjusting his shirt. After a moment of deep breaths, he turned to Ghost and spoke quietly, “I’m good.”

Ghost put on his balaclava, situating it just right to give his signature side-stare to Icarus. “Let’s go, then.” He opened his door, letting Icarus out first before closing his door. The two walked down the hall, stepping into the meeting room together.

Gaz looked at Icarus. “I couldn’t find you anywhere. How the hell did he?”

Icarus smirked, crossing his arms. He wanted to play some games, but Ghost’s glare told him to not. Instead, he shrugged. “You didn’t bother to check the hospital, did ya? Ghost found me walking back from it and let me know we had a meeting.” Ghost’s nod told Icarus his story was good enough.

“Enough.” Price’s voice cut through the conversation. He turned a computer around, showing Laswell on the other end. He cleared his throat, “Let’s get started.”

(words: 1443)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5K 38
FAIR WARNING: I am in the process of editing and rewriting chapters to flow more smoothly. This is a homosexual Call of Duty Modern Warfare fanfictio...
60K 1.3K 20
"I don't open up to people sweetheart, so don't think you're any different. You never will be." You are a Military Psychologist on base in London for...
255K 8.2K 79
The mission was to extract information from an agent in jungle. Drop in grab the info from the location and quickly and quietly move through the jung...
24.2K 854 10
After years of staying from apartment to apartment during his breaks from deployment, Simon finally decides to settle down. He purchases a house in a...