Sirimiri ; ODAJIMA YUKEN

By callistajuliette

【retelling of high and low the worst!】 .... ❝Don't be afraid of storms, learn how to dance in the rai... More

Prologue
ARC 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
ARC 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Hi
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
ARC 3
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 22

479 21 27
By callistajuliette

Honoka

"Are you sure you wanna go through with this, Nee-chan? You don't have to be far-" I gave my brother a small smile as I took a sip of my hot chocolate, listening to the hustle and bustle of the busy airport. Only Haruto came with me as I didn't want my parents to send me off as I knew how emotional my mother was.

"It has to be this way for a while, okay? Besides, mom and dad said it was a great program. 3 years won't be long. I'll be back dancing onstage before you know it." I reassured my not so little brother and giggled at his attempt to keep his so-called cool image in front of me.

"You know, just say you'll miss me and you can go home." I teased as my brother scoffed, fixing his leather jacket as he looked at me in disgust.

"Who'll miss your annoying face?"

"I may be annoying but you're hideous."

"If I'm hideous, you're hideous too. We're siblings, genius." We both stopped and looked at each other before bursting into laughter. Haruto gave me a small smile before crouching down to hug me as I held onto my literally giant of a brother.

"Take care of yourself over there, Nee-chan. Don't just eat instant ramen and salad all the time, okay? Eat some steak, go crazy!" He suggested excitedly and I nodded, smiling a bit as I grabbed my white Marc Jacobs The Jacquard tote bag and my phone as I placed my headphones around my neck, passport in hand as I heard the gate number for my flight. I took a deep breath as I moved to walk with my brother.

"Honoka!"

I froze, my heart hammering in my chest as I slowly turned around to find Odajima Yuken a few steps away from me, gasping for air as if he had just run a marathon. My eyes widened as I tightened my grip on my phone and passport.

"Y-yuken? W-what are you-"

"I- I had to-"

"Honoka-chan! Wait! Odajima-kun wants-" We both jumped as we heard the hammering of footsteps and I mean literal hammering of

"Oi Fujio! Stop interrupting!" My eyes widened as I saw literally almost half of Oya, Housen and the Rao faction of Suzuran. How they came in past the check in without tickets or boarding passes was a mystery to me until I saw the girl beside Sachio and I tried not to let out a teasing smile as I saw him blush and glance at the girl.

Sachio cleared his throat before tapping the others while Tsukasa did the same to Fujio (well, he grabbed his leader by the collar and dragged him away). Suzuran followed suite as Rao, Mercy and Kansuke who followed behind Tsukasa while Binzo made a 'Fighting' gesture to me, nodding at me as Kamui and Yamaguchi dragged him by the arms but he continued to nod and gesture at me.

"I'll go sit with Yasushi and Kiyoshi senpai." Haruto says as he pats my back.  "Good luck, nee-chan." He whispers before walking away. I took a deep breath before facing Yuken.

He looked unsure and a bit troubled as he took a deep breath as well, talking a few more steps until there were only 2 steps of distance between us. He was fidgeting his fingers and I frowned a bit, noticing his discomfort.

"How did you know I was here?" I gently asked, taking the first step.

"I-uh.. I went to your house and Shiba-san told me you were-"

"Why did you go to my house?"

"To talk to you." He took another step closer, his voice shaking as he answered me.  I sighed as I kept my gaze low.

"I can't apologize enough for what I did and I know that it's unlikely you'll forgive but I want you to know that I am sorry. I never meant to hurt you and I'll regret what I did for the rest of my life-"

"Don't go." I went silent as he grabbed my hands. His grip on me was shaky as he looked at me.

"But I-" His arms wrapped around me as he rested his head on my shoulder. I felt his tears falling on my exposed shoulder as I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him as well.

"We can work things out..just don't leave.." He mumbled and I sighed before slowly pulling back but keeping him at arm's length.

"I have to do this-"

"No, you don't-"

"But I-"

"I love you!" My eyes widened, not expecting that from him as I feel my breath get caught in my throat. I guess he didn't expect to say it as well as his eyes widened before looking at me deeply.

"Y-you still-"

"Did you ever doubt I didn't anymore..?" His voice, full of hurt and longing as I begrudgingly nodded.

"I thought that was why you were blowing me off..why you were avoiding spending time with me.." He sighed before pulling me aside.

"I wasn't intentionally doing it...I was working for Daruma..." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and my eyes widened in shock.

"Working? Daruma?" He nodded.

"I needed some money..so I asked Murayama-senpai for work and he said that Hyuga was looking for someone who could clean up the temples and do odd jobs from time to time. "

"Odd jobs?"

"Not anything dangerous, more on negotiations between the gangs.."

"But why would you some money..? Don't you have some left over from your parent's trust fund?" He nodded before continuing.

"If I wanna marry you, I needed money more than enough for us to get a nice house in the countryside and a bit more for us to adopt those dogs at the shelter. And the ceremony alone would cost us a lot already so I didn't wanna have to rely on-"  He stopped as I choked back a sob, covering my mouth as my heart began to ache in guilt.

All this time, he was doing it for me...for our future.

"I'm so sorry... I don't deserve you..." I slowly take a step back but he grabbed my hand, pulling me back.

"Don't ever say that.." He whispered as I kept my head down, letting him caress my cheek as our foreheads touched.

"I do love you..please stay..let's work it out?" I sighed, before looking up again.

"I can't." His eyes mirrored the hurt he felt in his heart.

"Don't you love-"

"Of course I do.."

"Then why-"

"Because we're both hurting and until that hurt goes away, love can't grow back into our hearts. If we push this, we won't be happy ever..so please, let me go." I whisper as his lip trembles.

His eyes pleaded with mine, a silent negotiation between love and the reality we faced.

I reached out, caressing his cheek as well. "Maybe one day, Yuken. But for now, let's give ourselves the space we need. It doesn't mean we can't find each other again."

He sighed before nodding.

"Okay.."He looked down before removing the necklace from his neck. Hanging from it was my promise ring that matched his. He took a step closer before fastening it around my neck.

"This will always belong to you and you alone." I looked at him, tears brimming my eyes as my lip trembled.

"But I-"

"I hope we see each other again someday." He cut me off and prevented me from taking off the necklace, giving me a small smile as he wiped a tear away from my cheek. He stopped before tenderly kissing my forehead.

"I love you, Watanabe Honoka." He whispered before letting me go.

The announcement for my flight echoed in the terminal, a reminder of the inevitable departure. With a final, lingering gaze, I turned away, each step carrying the weight of a decision that would shape our destinies.

I waved goodbye to every single one of them, giving my brother a tight hug as I walked to the boarding gate, passport and ticket in hand. I glanced back at Yuken, tears falling freely.

"I love you, Odajima Yuken."

I mouthed, earning a slowly forming smile from him as I held back a laugh from Tsukasa and Todoroki holding back Fujio who was being dramatic and sobbing.

As I boarded the plane, the world outside blurred into a landscape of possibilities.

I looked outside the window, taking one last look at my home. The tears that welled in my eyes were both a farewell and a promise — a promise that time, like the steady cadence of a healing heart, would bring us back together, stronger and wiser than before.

Goodbye, Japan.

------------------------------------

2 YEARS LATER

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It had been 2 years since I left and my parents had me check out a rehabilitation program for athletes and thankfully, it was a tremendous success and I was slowly getting back to ballet again. My parents had me enrolled into Dutch National Ballet Academy. It felt so freeing and nostalgic to dance again like nothing bad had happened.

Still, I missed my family and friends. My parents and Haruto visited as much as they could, especially during holidays.

As for my friends, it felt like I never left, given the day-to-day updates and messages I received from Fujio, Sachio, and Kiyoshi.

"What do you mean, Sachi-kun's dating too?!" I asked, giggling as I talk to Fujio and the rest via video call on my phone. They were having a small get-together near the border of Oya's area along with the other gangs.

The reason? Fujio is celebrating Tsukasa having survived Yamato's attempt on his life when the latter found out he was interested in his little sister.

Her name was Yoru. Asahina Yoru and she was a year older than me.

Apparently, she was attending Oya and was the sole female member of Fujio's faction mainly.  I heard from Tsukasa that she was rather different from the other women he had met before.

First, she was the least bit interested in him and a bit headstrong. She seemed more like Cobra's sister than Yamato's because she was just so..brooding? At least that's what I heard from Jamuo.

"Beautiful and deadly" was what Kiyoshi described her as.

Fujio moved the camera bit to show behind him the bickering (more like yelling) members of Sannoh, mainly Yamato arguing with his little sister while Tsukasa hid behind her. It was quite a sight to see that the usually calm and level-headed right hand of Oya's leader become so frightened and panicky when he was confronted by Cobra's right-hand. His little sister, Yoru, kept her head up and yelled back at her brother, telling him not to lay a finger on Tsukasa.

"At least I'm not a coward like you! You should worry about yourself! It's been more than 6 years and you still haven't asked Naomi-nee san out!"

A lot of big names were in attendance namely Housen, Suzuran's Rao faction along with the older gangs like some guys from Sannoh (mainly the DTC unit, Cobra, Yamato and Noburu), numerous people from White Rascals (They were in charge of the music and stuff along with the other decorations) and booze and fireworks were courtesy by Daruma.

The only one missing from the celebration was Rocky as he was staying home with his wife and his daughter. He retired a year after his wife gave birth to his daughter, leaving Koo to deal with the rest of the Rascals.

What surprised me and I'm sure the others too was Hyuga's attendance with his wife. I heard from the boys that Hyuga was very private and protective with his wife, rarely seeing her out and about without Hyuga or any of the Daruma babies by her side. After the last fight with Kuryu, Hyuga and the rest of Daruma just disappeared into thin air so it was a sight to see them for so long. Hyuga had shaved off that mustache of his (which I heard was his wife's request).

I heard from Murayama that his wife looked like a siren and in a way, she was hauntingly beautiful. Her face had that ethereal quality that leaves a lasting impression. Murayama said her eyes resembled emeralds that twinkled brightly but the allure behind her eyes only diminished and filled with love when she was around Hyuga or looked at him.

Jinkawa-senpai said that Hyuga seemed a bit more subdued once he got married. He was still chaotic but he relaxed a bit more, holding his wife's hand whenever he had the chance and kissing her forehead randomly.

Her name was Mayumi.

Another prominent leader in attendance was Smoky. He came with some of the Rude Boys, leaving the rest to guard their new home. I heard from Murayama-senpai that he had gotten a lot better since he recovered from his sickness. And to everyone's surprise was also the attendance of his girlfriend and also one of the doctor's who helped me, Okazaki Emi. Smoky was a different person when she was around, he smiled more and very affectionate with her.

"Are you gossiping about me to Honoka-chan?" I laugh as Sachio comes into frame, Fujio handing the phone to him.

"Would this person you're dating happen to be the girl I saw at the airport 2 years ago?" I teased, earning a small smile from Housen's former leader as he nodded.

I squealed, earning looks from the people around me but I didn't care.

"Kei. Nakamura Kei."

Sachio introduced her as he turned the phone a bit to the girl in question

The phone was passed around, making me laugh as I heard different stories from various people. I smiled and laughed before hanging up as the weather began to chill even more. I flinched as I felt gentle drops fall on my head, making I pull my hood over my head. I watched the people around me walk around, smiling sadly as I feel lonelier now more than ever.

Everyone I cared and loved so much were in another country. My friends from the academy were at home, celebrating with their families.

I sighed, getting up before stopping in front of a small fountain. I took out a coin before making a wish. I clasped my hands together, closed my eyes, and whispered my wish.

"Everything is digital now; you know that right? Even wishes."

I froze as I opened my eyes, slowly turning around as my heart's pace began to quicken. My eyes settled on the form of Odajima Yuken, dressed warmly, the hood of his jacket over his as well and in Housen's colors. His once blonde hair was now dyed a dark brown and cut a bit, tousled lightly, and left down. He wore a flowing gray trench coat and a white scarf. He showed me a weak smile before walking towards me.

We stood there, the air buzzing with the unspoken words of our tumultuous past. The city around us was alive with the chatter of passersby, the scent of nearby tulips, and the distant melody of a small orchestra. But in that moment, it was as if we were cocooned in a world where only our shared history mattered.

"W-what..how did..why.." I stammered, him letting out a chuckle as he grasped my hands.

"We promised to meet one day again, right? I figured to get in fate's way and make sure we do meet again." He said, his lips curling into a smile as I felt myself begin to cry. He reached a hand out to me and wiped my tears away.

"I missed you so much." I sniffled, nodding vigorously.

"M-me too.. so much.." He pulls me into a hug, tucking me underneath his chin and kissing my head tenderly. He pulled away after a few moments before leaning his forehead against mine. I giggled as I saw a twinkling silver band on his finger.

"You still wear it?" He nods, before reaching for my hand, staring at the ring that matched his.

"I was holding onto the hope that maybe..just maybe.. it'll somehow lead you back to me." I sniffled as I began to cry, making him pull me towards his chest, tucking my head underneath his chin. He sighed, kissing my hair as he rubbed my back.

"Are you sure about this?" I mumbled, hugging him as I kept my arms around his waist. He pulled away, keeping me in his hold as he looked me in the eyes.

"I'm still scared but I can't go one more day without knowing if you're still going to be a constant in my life..I want to take it one day at a time..little by little..and one day...when you're ready..We can talk more about it okay? Now, I just wanna hold you close." I nodded in agreement, letting him hold my hand as we walked the streets.

The city became a silent witness to the rekindling of a love that had endured the trials of separation and misunderstanding. The canals whispered tales of reconciliation, and in that moment, we chose to let go of the past and step into the promise of a future, hand in hand. "Our promises still stand," He whispered, his voice a vow that echoed in the canal breeze.

The lights shimmered, reflecting the forgiveness and love that we were beginning to rediscover. Together, hand in hand, we stepped into the gentle embrace of the rain, hopeful for the journey that lay ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 13.7K 35
After being asked to leave Shiratorizawa (cough, cough expelled) for various reasons, y/n set her heart on Karasuno. She wasn't what anyone was expec...
815 10 16
"I promise I'll protect you," He whispered with tears in his eyes. "I'll never stop protecting you, so please come back to me," He cried while holdin...
16K 670 55
A deadly visit at Autumn's house brings her to Japan and she finds herself joining with S.W.O.R.D and one of the Amamiya Brothers in order to fulfil...
9.2K 370 20
"𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎." [todoroki yosuke x fem!oc] [based on the high & low movie franchise] Disclaimer #1: This...