DO IT WITH CLASS

By davidtennantchild

Joanne and James Sink, the children of Colonel Sink arrive at camp Toccoa in September of 1942 due to some ha... More

general introductions among other stuff
character introductions
clothes and class
oma Julia and bad planning
no money and expensive funerals
adventures and airborne men

explainings and introductions

89 6 2
By davidtennantchild

I edited the thing/ chapter or whtvr you wanna call it, which was mainly just about how this book is gonna be and bla bla bla. BUT, i also added a bit about some sensitive or triggering topics that might appear in this book and how i will add warnings before each chapter!

Camp Toccoa, Georgia
September 1942

It was a nice September morning at Toccoa, well, that was what Dick thought. Nix, his best friend and polar opposite didn't quite share this opinion with the ginger haired man.

'Dick, we gotta go to Sink's office later, his little driver or whatever Lorraine is just asked us to come to his office at 1300 hours' The dark haired man grumbled.

'Happen to know why?' Dick asked, wondering if he or any of the men in his platoon had done something, or if it was just an unexpected meeting with their colonel.

'You're asking me? Hell, i have no fucking clue, but if any of the men did anything unacceptable he would want to see us immediately and not wait for a few hours' Nix explained to his friend, looking deeply unhappy and sour about the fact that his weekend pass got revoked again.

It wasn't like Nixon or Winters did much with their weekend passes, but not having to do work or exercises in the weekends was a very welcomed but also a very rare sight.

But, truth be told, they were both curious as to why they would be called to their colonel's office at a later time, as he usually requested the men to come come to his office right that instant.

'I guess we'll just have to wait and see' Dick said, speaking up after a bit of silence. They both knew that that guessing wouldn't be of any use, they wouldn't know or be told anything until Sink wanted them to know.

Nixon just muttered something that sounded like something along the lines of 'Yeah, well see ya later, i'm gonna go back to bed' before walking off, most probably back to their barrack.

The pair knocked on their colonel's office door at exactly 1259 hours. After hearing the 'Come in!' the man inside said, Dick opened the door to let him and his friend in.

'Sir' Both said, while also saluting their colonel.

'At ease' Sink said, making the men in-front of him and himself sit down around his hard wooden desk. He was smiling at Dick and Lew, which was a quiet reassurance for the two that neither they, or their men had done anything wrong.

This made them, but mainly Dick, feel alot less nervous about this whole meeting, of sorts.

'I have called you both here to ask you of a favour' The man said, the smile on his face disappearing, in turn making place for a frown.

See, he wasn't quite sure how to explain the situation, as he wasn't given a lot of information himself, which made the father quite nervous and also made him feel very unsettled.

'Anything, sir' Dick said, sensing a mix of confusion and hesitance on his superior's face.

'I'm not quite sure if you know, but i have two children who are quite dear to me despite the long distance and the very little contact i've had with them these last few years' He began.

His children, even though they weren't quite children anymore, were what you would call a sore topic to him, especially after he had to leave to be able to perform his duty in the military properly. He never talked about them, simply because he couldn't, he'd miss them too much.

The surprise was barely visible on Dick and Lew's faces, but it was there. Neither of them thought Sink to be a family man, with how long he was away from his home, his children and presumably wife

After a short pause, Sink continued.

'I haven't seen them in some years... my son for three, and i haven't seen my daughter in over five years, i think' He said, trying to remember when he actually saw his kids and got to hug them instead of occasionally getting a photograph with their frequent letters.

There came the confusion, how had Sink not seen his son for three years and his daughter for five? Dick wanted to voice these questions, but didn't know how and if it would be appropriate to.

'I know you'll have queries as to why i haven't seen my daughter for much longer than my son, but i'll have to explain that later. But they will be visiting me and they'll be arriving today, they should be here in a few minutes, actually, so i would like to get straight to the point now' He said with an almost fatherly like seriousness while checking his watch.

Dick nodded, as to give the man in-front of him a sign to go on and that he was listening.

'As my children will be visiting me, both shall reside here, on Toccoa grounds, as it is easier for me to see them both and keep an eye on them. Now, here i need your help; my daughter is... visible to men, to put it that way. She is very beautiful, i'm not quite sure if i'm only saying this as her father or not. But, a woman in a camp full of men will most likely result in some problems. Which is where i would like you two to step in' The father said, pointing at the two young men in-front of him.

Now Lewis was extremely confused. Why would they let a woman, especially an attractive one if he had to believe Sink's words, on a training camp full of men who haven't had sex or even seen or spoken to a woman who's not their mom in god knows how long?

'Sir, it is not my intention to question your choices or your ability to know what is best for your kids, but housing a woman on camp grounds can be dangerous, as a lot of these men haven't had much proper contact with women in quite some time' Nixon explained, trying to politely voice his concerns about the whole ordeal.

Dick nodded in agreement and added 'Precisely, we know that quite the amount of men here have enough sense and self control to leave your daughter alone, but i cannot and i will not say with certainty that all the men will leave her be'

Sink had also had his doubts about the arrangement, but after having mulled it over for a bit, he knew that it would be best for her.

After a moment of silence, Sink replied 'Yes, i had those doubts and hesitations myself, too, but having her here will be best for her. She'll have her brother with her, and knowing them both, they'll keep each other company for the biggest part' He explained.

The two men sitting across from the colonel were still confused as to why they were needed, and why they were told all this. But Dick started putting it together slowly as Sink was explaining it.

After that, the man let them both think for a bit, knowing they'd piece it together quickly. After a few moments of silence, Dick was the first to speak.

'And i'm guessing, sir, that you want us to keep an eye out for her, or both of your kids?' He asked, even though he already knew that was exactly what his colonel meant.

'Exactly, lieutenant Winters, as both will have to part ways at some points, i would like either of you to keep an eye on them, but mostly her. My son will be fine, he'll make friends quick enough. But i hope that it is not too much trouble, it would also be perfectly fine if any of you find men that you trust enough to be around her, it would make the job easier for you two' He added, knowing well enough that the two had plenty of other duties that needed quite the amount of attention.

Nixon didn't agree with the whole arrangement, every man with a right mind would know that housing a woman around hundreds of men would be incredibly dangerous for her, yet he gave a close-lipped smile and said;

'We will do whatever we can to make sure your daughter won't get any trouble from anyone, i know there'll be a lot of men happy to help her around and help us keep an eye out for both you kids' Which was true, even if Nix didn't agree with the plan, he would help Sink's kids and keep an eye out for them.

Dick nodded, not having much to add to his friends' statement, as Nix said everything there was to be said.

This made colonel Sink smile lightly, knowing that they'd keep their word.

'Thank you gentlemen, i knew i picked you right for this' He said, checking his watch again, making him say 'Oh good! They should be here any minute now, i sent private Lorraine to retrieve them'

Just as he finished his sentence, a knock was heard on the door.

The lieutenants looked at each other, this would be a moment of truth, of some sorts.

All the while Sink just said; 'Come in!'

Lorraine opened the door while saluting the colonel, which made the two friends step aside slightly, giving the two entering the office some space. And space they needed. Especially when the girl ran up to her father, practically slamming into him with a hug, seemingly not noticing the other two men in the room.

The boy, presumably her brother, was still standing in the doorway, watching his sister and his father reunite with a small smile on his face.

Trying to give them some privacy, he looked around the room, noticing the two men, he smiled and stuck out his hand.

'James Sink' he introduced, giving them a small but bright smile, knowing this would also be a bit uncomfortable for them.

Dick shook his hand first 'Richard Winters' he decided on using his normal name, not taking the chance of using his nickname.

'Lewis Nixon, good to meet you' Nixon said, also shaking the man's hand, noticing he had a firm grip.

This wasn't what either of the lieutenants expected. When Sink said 'kids' they expected rowdy teenagers aged around sixteen, maybe seventeen, not people that were about their age.

The brown haired boy, now known as James, nodded his head and pursed his lips, a bit lost as what to say now. So, to avoid making it even more awkward, he turned to his sibling and father again, who were standing close together, talking.

'What, no hug for your old man?' the man asked, his question directed towards his son, who smiled widely and walked towards his father to give him a hug just like his sister did moments before.

Now it was Jo's turn to notice the men standing in the corner. Embarrassed that she didn't notice them before, she took the few steps towards them and held out her hand in the same manner her brother did.

'Joanne Sink, pleased to meet you. Sorry, i didn't notice you two before' she said politely, just as she was taught.

The men introduced themselves as Lewis Nixon and Richard Winters while shaking her hand, saying that it wasn't a problem.

This made her smile slightly, feeling a bit more reassured that she hadn't made a fool of herself, which in turn made the men in-front of her smile lightly.

She probably wasn't supposed to notice, but Richard was extremely handsome. He looked well-built, had beautiful red hair that laid perfectly upon his head, freckles scattered on his face and neck and kind, blue eyes that were looking slightly down at her.

Joanne was definitely not short, standing tall at 5'7 and 5'9 in heels, she would be considered quite tall. But compared to these men she was still short, even now.

The father gestured for his daughter to join him and his son, knowing that Jo's conversation was also at the point of becoming uncomfortable.

'So, lieutenants, these are my children!' The aging father said, radiating pride and happiness while standing next to his not-so-little- anymore kids at last.

.・。.・゜✭・.

note: Sink calls James and Joanne his 'children' they are, but not in the 'young children' way he still kind of sees them as. Even though they are both in their early twenties. i did this on purpose in reference to the fact that he hasn't seen his kids in a long time and can't quite let go of the fact that they aren't actually children (as in; kids under around 15/16) anymore!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

622K 37.9K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
950K 36K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...