The Witch

By IamtherealL

In the year 1745 was born an ill baby. No one had expected her to live, so she was left alone in The Forest o... More

The Night Of Misfortune
The Sorrowful Days || Part One||
Meeting the Joestars ∣∣PART ONE∣∣
Meeting the Joestars||PART TWO||
The Carnival||PART ONE||

The Carnival||PART TWO||

8 2 0
By IamtherealL

The image above is made by LyseWagner on DeviantArt

Just enjoy the chapter (had a mental breakdown while writing🤭)

Yo vote me up😼

Enjoy⋆

Word count: 4k+

≻Basic information≺

⋇The year: 1877⋇

⋇Y/n's Age: 132 years old

⋇Y/n's Appearance: 10 years old

⋇Y/n's Theme: The Four Seasons: Winter; Violin Cover

⋇Kristine's age: 133 years old

⋇Kristine's Appearance: 10 years old

⋇Kristine's Theme: Whispers by Invadable Harmony

⋇Jonathan Joestar: Y/n and Kristine's adoptive brother

⋇Jonathan's Age: 10 years old

⋇George Joestar: Kristine and Y/n's adoptive father; Jonathan's biological father

⋇Dio: 10 years old

⋇Dio's appearance: 10 years old

⋇Place: The London Festival⋇

≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛

Kristine's POV:

I was just sitting on the bench, letting the memories flood my mind as my gaze fell to the ground. He has been born already.. this is the end of my peace, of Y/n's peace. Hell has come to earth.

"That's so.. unfortunate." I muttered as my eyes teared, I wanted more time with her..

I shook my head as I brushed the tears away and looked up. My stomach grumbled, reminding me of how exhausted I was. I looked down as I got one of my two salted corns out and I started munching on it.

It had a rather plain taste even though it was supposed to be salty. Maybe I'm getting too used to living in the Joestar Mansion..

"Hey Kate, why would you run off like that?" I heard Y/n's voice as I turned to my left, not realizing that she had managed to find me. Her eyebrows were scrunched up in worry as her voice was soft and tender.

How can I tell her about it? What is going to happen next? I'm scared..

I just took a bite from my corn and chewed it, too busy with my thoughts to acknowledge her existence. How do I do it? I thought as suddenly I was pulled out of my thoughts by the feeling of a hand squeezing my knee. I looked up to the person who squeezed my leg, only to be met with Y/n's confused look. Swallowing the corn, I opened my mouth to speak up.

"I- Well.. I was just really hungry is all." I said as a blush of embarrassment from my previous actions crept up my cheeks along with a creeped out look, realizing how vulnerable I've been lately.

She gave me a questioning look, but didn't say anything as she took her hand off from my knee. She looked around, almost as if she was searching for something.. Did she catch up?

"Even so you shouldn't just run off like that. What if you got lost or even worse..!" Jonathan said with a look of worry on his face, as his eyes looked into my chocolate colored ones.

It's not like I'm all defendless.. I thought as I gave him a small, apologetic  smile and looked back art my corn, that's when i got an idea. I focused on my breathing, taking a breath of fresh air in as I let it circulate inside my body, I focused my energy on the corn. I was trying my best to make it work as the energy on the corn said  "He is here.". Come on Y/n.. please look my way..

Then she finally looked at me. I saw her eyes widen in realization as soon I let go of the aura. That's it.. peace is over. No, it was never there, the chaos was just awaiting us.

"Why don't we just go for some more food and enjoy the evening?" Y/n asked as she looked at me, but I was still a bit nervous. She sighed as she closed my eyes and send me a signal by using her aura, it read "It's okay.".

"Yea, I myself am getting pretty hungry just sitting there.." Jonathan trailed off as it seems that he felt a bit awkward by how he was being ignored by us.

Jonathan's POV:

"Yea, I myself am getting pretty hungry just sitting there.." I trailed off as I felt a bit awkward by how I was being ignored by the two of them, it felt as if I was intruding a private conversation.

We all stood up as I felt my stomach grumbling, I looked around and saw a stand for baked goodies. I looked back at Kristine and Y/n with a smile, excited to tell them about it. But instead I saw Kristine taking a salty corn out of her pocket and giving it to Y/n.

"Oh, hey can I have one too?" I asked with a drooly smile as I reached my hand forward, expecting to be given a salty corn.

"Well.. I'm sorry but I had bought only two. One for me and one for Y/n.." Kristine said as she looked down at the ground. Oh..

"Well that's alright, let's just go and get some baked goodies." I said as I picked up the two toys we had won and started walking towards the stand, with Y/n and Kristine following behind me.

We walked up to the stand as it was neatly decorated with white ribbons and forget me nots. I reached into my pocket, grabbing all of my coins left as I looked up at the woman. She had pale skin, a sweet smile and bright brown, almost yellowish eyes. Her features were overall soft and feminine. 

"Hey there little angels!" the woman said as she gave us a smile. "What are you going to buy?" she asked in a soft tone while my eyes scanned through the various choices I had to pick out from.

My eyes scanned through the sweets, until they landed on some juicy cinnamon rolls. Yep, that's what I'm getting.

"Could I have just one cinnamon roll, please?" I asked politely as the woman  game me a soft smile while packing up my cinnamon roll in a napkin.

"That would be 10 pennies." The pale woman said as she handed me the cinnamon roll for the exchange of the money. "And those beautiful ladies get a gift roll!" she said as she stretched out two rolls towards Kristine and Y/n, who in return gave her smiles and a quiet 'thank you'. Huh? Such a nice lady, to give out free food! I thought as we continued walking around, while eating our rolls.

*TIMESKIP*

*Time: 8:24PM*

*Place: The Joestar mansion*

George's POV:

The maids had just settled down the dinning room as it was almost time for dinner. I was sitting in my usual place, on the short end of the table as I was sipping on my wine. It has been four hours since the kids went out.. I warned them to be back by dinner time. I thought as I leaned back in my chair and looked out of the window, the view was quite nice as it showed mainly the fields surrounding us along with the path that leads down to the main part of the city.

"Mister Joestar, should we serve the dinner while it's still warm?" said one of my maids.

I glanced at her for a brief second, it was Evelyn. She had a dark brown hair along with her green eyes and freckles. I had hired her not long ago, maybe two months or so since she was dirt poor and needed a job.

"Yes, the kids should be here anytime soon anyway.." I said as we locked eyes for a brief second, before I looked out of the window as my thumb went to touch the ring on my ring finger.

The maid excused herself and went back to the kitchen, giving out the news to the other maids as they started preparing the plates. 

As I was looking out of the window I noticed a carriage with two horses, it had to be mine. I was of course right as soon it arrived and the kids jumped out. They hurriedly opened the main door as Jojo ran up to me with the brightest smile I've seen in a while.

"Dad look! Look!" he exclaimed as he lifted up two teddy bears, one was a small brown teddy bear and the other was a big panda bear. 

"I won this one!" he jumped up and down while holding the smaller one up to my face. I smiled at him as I ruffled his hair.

"Good job, Jojo. You're already turning into a young gentleman!" I said proudly as my eyes gazed at him with admiration.

Jojo smiled proudly as he hugged the small bear and looked up at me with his big, adorable eyes. Then I looked back at the girls and gave them big smiles as I noticed how happy they looked.

"And what about you girls? Did the two of you have fun?" I asked in a softer tone, trying to create some kind of a father-daughter relationship with them.

Y/n nodded her head as she gave me a small, shy smile. "Yes, I actually won this one!" she said as she pointed towards the bigger panda toy. My eyes widened a bit, those prices were really hard to win, especially with those scammers selling them.

"Woah! That's really impressive! Such a strong young lady you are!" I said with a proud smile as I ruffled her hair too, careful not to mess it up.

She laughed a bit as both her and Jojo bickered a bit about the toys. I turned to Kristine as I realized she was the only one without a toy, it made me feel a tiny bit bad. Maybe I'll buy her a toy..

"Didn't you get a toy?" I asked her nicely, trying to figure out why she didn't also play the game. 

She shook her head as she showed me a napkin. "I got some food for the three of us instead." she said as I grinned. She is a smart one..

The maids opened the door from the kitchen as they started rolling over the food on one of those modern serving cart tables. They started placing down the beautifully decorated plates as the kids rushed to sit in their seats. After a while the maids left, leaving me with the kids and the two teddy toys that the kids put up on the chairs.

The food was served on the table as it consisted of mashed potatoes, beans and a steak. It is not anything too fancy, but it is a proper meal. The maids placed a few cups on the table, for each of us as mine was filled with wine while theirs was filled with grape juice.

I really cherish those moments.. having a nice dinner with my family is one of the best feelings that I could have wished for. I looked at my beloved kids as I felt a smile tugging on my lips, slowly I lifted my glass of wine up to raise a toast.

"Dear kids, Jojo, Kristine and Y/n. I want to raise a toast for our growing family! Lately I've been quite happy that I have the opportunity to experience growing my family and being a father to all three of you." I said as I smiled proudly while looking at my glass and then at them.

 "For now, let's cherish the family we have made." I said as I looked at them, just as I was about to bring the cup to my mouth I saw Y/n raising her cup too.

"I would like to raise a toast too.. a toast to the utmost loving and caring father." she spoke in a quite lady like but yet childish voice while smiling at me. 

"I want to express how grateful both Kristine and I are for having been accepted into the family and for being treated as one." she said as she looked all around the table with a grateful smile. Such a grateful young lady.. she has a promising future. 

"Thank you to both of you dad, Jojo for being so reassuring." she finished her speech as then we all drank from our cups.

I put my cup down as I took my fork and started cutting up my steak. I felt a warm feeling in my heart as I was getting everything I ever wanted, a big, warm and loving family where everything is peaceful.

The dinner continued peacefully as we all kept eating our food while I listened to the stories of today that the kids were telling me. It seems like they've had quite the fun at the carnival.

Y/n's POV:

"For now, let's cherish the family we have made." he said as he looked at us, just as he was about to bring the cup to his mouth I raised my cup too. 

This is it.. the perfect time to fool those idiots into loving me, they will consider me a family and tell me the secrets of the Joestars and soon enough my deal with Dario would come here to pay off, then I will get my revenge. It's time to finally start my plan.. I thought as I looked at all of them with a small, shy smile.

"I would like to raise a toast too.. a toast to the utmost loving and caring father." I spoke in a likeable friendly voice, which sounded quite childish due to my witchcraft, I smiled at George as I hoped that this would get to him. 

"I want to express how grateful both Kristine and I are for having been accepted into the family and for being treated as one." I said as I looked all around the table with a grateful smile. I see the look in your eyes old man, you're falling for it. I thought as I suppressed a chuckle.

"Thank you to both of you dad, Jojo for being so reassuring." I finished my speech as then I drank from my cup of grape juice.

Soon the dinner ended as we were sent to our rooms. I was walking up the stairs as I got pushed by something soft, I looked to my side only to notice the big panda toy. I looked up as it was Jonathan handing it to me.

"Here! You almost forgot your toy on the chair." he said as I took the panda in my hands and continued walking up the stairs.

"Thank you, Jojo." I said as we both went into our separate rooms.

I closed the door behind me as I threw the plushie on a random chair in my room and walked over to my personal bathroom, picking up my bathrobe on the way. I entered the bathroom and then lit up a few candles, allowing me to see better in the dark room. The bathroom was quite large, it's walls were a dark green colour with some even darker stripes on them. There were a few plants near one of the windows and a bathtub.

With a sigh I started slowly undressing myself and placing the clothes on the hanger. I took a few steps towards the bathtub and turned the warm water on, letting it fill up before adding my soap and getting drenched in the water.

I laid down in the bathtub as I closed my eyes with a heavy sigh, thinking about the events of today.

*FLASHBACK*

*Place: The Carnival*

Y/n's POV:

 "That would be 10 pennies." The pale woman said as she handed Jonathan the cinnamon roll for the exchange of the money. "And those beautiful ladies get a gift roll!" she said as she stretched out two rolls towards Kristine and me, in return we gave her smiles and a quiet 'thank you'. Thank you Oskra, you haven't aged even one bit. I thought as we continued walking around, while eating our rolls.

It has become a common occurrence for me to meet Oskra on different occasions, from what I learnt she had left her family behind once her son had turned twenty. I had met him on some occasions, he is a good person and I know that he now has a son of his own, named Robert E. Speedwagon. It was quite fascinating, having met the grandmother of someone who is now in their late twenties and knowing so much is just.. fascinating to say the least. I can't help but wonder  when I would be fated to meet Robert and how many times this cycle of meeting people whose origins I've already known would repeat..

My eyes scanned through the crowd as they landed on a particular blonde haired boy. I took quite the stare at him, examining his features. Yeah, no doubt to it.. this is the new Brando. I thought as I remembered back to the old days with his father.

*FLASHBACK*

*The Year: 1854*

"Damn the stupid police! We almost got caught!" Dario said as he was breathing heavily while hiding in the shadows of a narrow street.

"Yeah, but that's what makes it interesting." I said as I was holding the booze we stole.

We both laughed a bit as the police passed right past us. I grabbed him by the hand as I pulled him closer to myself, muttering "Domus" as a green portal appeared on the ground. We both stepped inside without any hesitation as it teleported us back to the place where he was currently staying. 

We walked over to a small, smelly coach as we sat down and opened the booze. Dario was in his late twenties, twenty seven to be exact, while I was in my  hundreds, a hundred and nine years old. However I had used witchcraft to make myself appear to be in my early twenties. It wasn't the most usual situation, however it didn't bother me as much because I had already lived through similar things.

Dario took a sip of the heavy booze as he chugged it down afterwards, but I grabbed the bottle from his hands and took it away. I gave him a friendly glare while slapping his hands away.

"Auch, Y/n/n! What did we steal it for if not to drink it?" he whined as he looked up at me with sad eyes. I looked down at him with a frown as it was now a common occasion for this to happen. He had his long blonde hair down, his skin was a bit tanned and he had light brown eyes, which were starring into mine right now.

"To enjoy it in reasonable amounts, not waste it for just a bit of an empty euphoria." I said sternly as I gave him a slight chop to the head before taking a gulp of the booze myself.

He watched me as I took a sip, before stealing it from me and taking another big gulp, I just chuckled in return as I let him have his fun. Some things just can't be fixed..

Soon enough we were both drunk, or so Dario thought as he was trying to seduce me but I kept refusing him and pushing him off. I did have a strong alcohol tolerance after all, having lived for so many years would eventually lead me to building it up. 

"Oh stop it already.. don't you have a girlfriend anyway?" I asked as I looked him down. I hate cheaters.. maybe I should make it my mission to end them all.. I thought as I had almost forgotten about the man drooling over me.

"And so what?" he asked as I finally turned my attention to him. "I don't see her anywhere near.." he whispered as he moved the strap of my dress to the side, kissing my neck slightly while looking up at me.

I have to admit.. he is quite charming, however he is taken and obviously out of my age range. I thought as I pushed him off and glared at him as he teared up. It was quite hard having to see my friend like this, but oh well nothing I haven't done.

"No Dario, you have a loving girlfriend so you will stay loyal to her while respecting my boundaries." I said sternly. "You're not some type of a low life man to be acting like such a dog." I said as then I stood up and went over to his kitchen, to prepare him some kind of a meal since I know he hasn't eaten well in a while, since his girlfriend went missing.

"I'm just so lonely lately.." he groaned from the other room as I heard him drinking yet again.

"Shut it already, I know you are." I said with a sigh. "I promised you that I will find her, so trust my word." I said as I walked over to him with the salad that I had prepared, it wasn't the best but at least it was something.

"Thanks.." he said as he took the fork and dug into the bowl. It was clear that he misses his girlfriend.

We sat in a bit of a silence as we both thought of our own things. He finished his meal as he moved his plates to the kitchen and then came back, this time laying down on the sofa.

"I think I will take a little nap.." he said as he closed his eyes and turned to the side.

"Same here.." I said as I laid down on the opposite side of the couch and closed my eyes.

"Sweet dreams." Dario said in a sleepy voice as I just hummed back to him in response.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Y/n's POV:

I continued staring at the boy, all of this felt so surreal, knowing that I have known his father in his younger years.. knowing that I was the one to request for him to be born.. knowing that his soul belongs to me.

He looked back at me as our eyes met, which resulted in an electro-wave to pass down my back. Yeah, he is the one, no doubt about it. I thought as I made sure to study his features, he looked quite similar to his father with the only differences that his skin was pale and his eyes were brighter, just like Mary's. Well.. I wonder when the unfortunate future of your father would lead to our meeting.. I thought as then I looked back to Kristine and Jonathan.

I noticed Jonathan staring at something, so I followed his gaze and noticed that he is staring at some swings. Well.. it wouldn't hurt to have some fun.. I thought as then I smiled and looked back at Jonathan and Kristine.

"Hey guys! Do you want to go by the swings?" I asked as I put on a big smile while walking towards the swings.

"You just read my mind!" said Jonathan as he smiled and ran towards the swings, with Kristine and me following behind him.

We ran towards the swings, swiftly moving in between the adults, as we were careful not to cause too much trouble. Soon we were in front of the swings, there were four sets of them, each in it's own individual colour.

Jonathan sat on the red swing, which was followed by the blue one where Kristine made her place. Then it was left for me to choose which one I would prefer, I looked at the two options I had: a purple swing and a yellow, almost golden swing. Purple is my colour.. but I feel weirdly drawn towards the gold one.. I chuckled. Probably the gold digger in me..

I sat down on the golden swing and started swinging back and forth, using my upper body and legs as a way to power myself properly. This is actually quite funny! I thought as I looked at the others, they were both swinging and laughing, especially Jonathan. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.. I thought as I closed my eyes and let the moment take me away.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Narrator's POV:

*Place: The Carnival*

The carnival had calmed down. The only sounds were those of the chirping night birds and the wind. The air smelt a bit sugary with a mix of an upcoming storm. There weren't much people left in the carnivals park and yet everything was already closed.

The nights darkness has blossomed, every good soul now hiding in the depts of their warm and cozy homes. The wind was passing by and forcing the trees to dance.

The swings were empty, except for one of them. A single soul was sitting there, as if waiting for their happy ending. 

On the purple swing was sat a blonde boy in his late childhood to early teenage years. He wasn't swinging, which was rather odd. His head had fallen down as he was staring at the ground, the darkness of the night stealing his eyes. 

His eyes so dark it could almost make you miss the booze in his left hand.

*Place: The Joestar Mansion*

And she was sitting on the outside of her balcony, all alone, staring into the night sky as her eyes were filled with hope for the first time in a century. 

Those stars.. they belonged to her once and they will again.

Soon the darkness of the night consumed her, her eyes dropping down as her head felt emptier than usual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.5K 23
You're walking the streets of Cairo, it's dark and slightly chilly. You turn and head into an alley way which you usually take on your route home, bu...
30K 931 20
Immortality. Something impossible to achieve, unless you become a vampire. Being part of the joestar family, Y/n Joestar was born with the power of i...
18.4K 1.4K 51
[ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ] [ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ] ❝ 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄, 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄. ❞ 𝐈�...
131K 7.6K 39
vex /veks/ verb make (someone) feel annoyed, frustrated, or worried, especially with trivial matters. This was who you were. A scoundrel. A dirty thi...