The Price of Love • Draco Mal...

By slytheriniall

Skylar Smith is your typical 15-year-old witch. She attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 31

18.3K 483 446
By slytheriniall

It was just a matter of time before everyone's life would change forever.

Little did I know how true this was.

Before I knew it, the battle had begun... I heard mass chaos from down the corridor where I was stationed, and it took every fiber of my being not to race to help everyone. My duty was here, at this exact spot. If I left, who knows how many more lives I would endanger. I could see lights flashing, different colors everywhere, a ferocious mixture of reds and greens, just down from where I was standing, and all I could do was pray that my friends would be safe.

That's when my mind started to wander... What was Draco up to? Was he fighting for Harry, or was he fighting for Voldemort? Was his fiancée fighting side-by-side with him, or did they manage to get separated? Was Draco even alive?

"HEY YOU, BLACK HAIR, LOOK OUT!" I heard someone call, disrupting my thoughts. I turned to my left and saw a jet of green light racing towards me. I ducked as quickly as I could, the spell whizzing over my head, and fired a curse back in the same direction. I quickly thanked the wizard for warning me, who just so happened to be none other than Neville Longbottom, before sprinting in the opposite direction.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I can't be letting stupid Draco get me killed!

Racing down the hall, my heart was pounding; it felt like it was about to beat right out of my chest! My heart caught in my throat when I saw a young boy, maybe no more than 12, facedown on the stone-cold floor, not breathing. How did he even get in here? McGonagall clearly stated that no students under a certain age were allowed to fight! The poor child must have snuck in behind someone. I took a short moment to mourn his loss before continuing my search.

My search for what, you ask?

Draco.

I know I said I shouldn't be thinking about him, but I had to talk to him. I just had to. His stupid fiancée messed everything up. Stupid, dark haired, brown eyed, slim figured girl. I bet she was a total ditz, too.

I let out a sigh and slumped up against a wall behind a rather large statue, hoping to stay out of sight. I took a quick swig of polyjuice potion, and closed my eyes for a brief moment while I transformed back into my muggle form.

I heard a scream come from right in front of me and my eyes jolted open. I held my breath, praying no one would know I was here. I had to stay hidden until my identity was hidden once more. I waited. And waited. It felt like a lifetime even though it was probably only a few seconds. The shouting didn't disappear, but I figured it was safe for me to start fighting.

I leapt out from behind the statue, gripping my wand as tightly as I could, and shot spells in every direction, praying I would miss my classmates.

"Nice one!" Someone yelled, brushing past me.

I guess I got lucky because when I spun around, I saw two death eaters laying on the ground, stunned. I didn't know which ones they were, but I did know that neither of them were Draco. I breathed a sigh of relief; I should really look before I fire.

Snap out of it, I had to tell myself. Draco should not, for any reason, be the reason you die tonight. You can talk to him after the battle, but you need to focus on staying alive!

The Battle droned on for what seemed like ages. Constant shouting, colored lights flashing in every direction. Spells whizzing over your head, catching your hair in the wind as they go, screams from students as their friends fall beside them. What kind of world did we live in?

I saw Fred and Percy fighting a Death Eater out of the corner of my eye. Then I heard a loud crash and saw the wall collapse.

"Fred!" I heard Percy shout. "Fred, no! No no no no nO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING NO!"

Oh my Godric. The wall crushed Fred Weasley underneath it. Fred Weasley. Half of the famous Weasley Duo. Fred Weasley. Crushed beneath a wall. Fred Weasley. Dead.

That's when I spotted him. He was running away from the scene, fear in his eyes as he looked back at the mess he just created. He fled the scene like a child, a coward.

"Draco!" I called, rushing after him, anger surging through my body. "Draco!" I called again, as he seemed not to have heard me. I shot a spell at his back and it whizzed past him, catching his hair.

He spun around and I froze in fear. He eyed me for a moment, contemplating if he knew who I was, and he raised his want.

"Draco what are yo--" I started to yell, but I was cut off by a jet of green light hitting me square in the chest.

--

Ok so I know that this isn't really how things happen in the book/movies but deal with it cuz it made the story better okay okay

Vote? It would mean a lot :) the faster you vote the faster I get another chapter up!

Comment? I love feedback!!!

Share? If you want :)

Love you all
mills

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
228K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
151K 3.9K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
349K 6K 76
Stella Blackwood, a pureblood witch who spent her life following traditions living by the rules of parents. Dating the hottest guy at Hogwarts, getti...