Past love - tvd [1] (On Hold)

By voidstiles-24

In which Damon Salvatore loved another before Katherine. vampire diaries - season one-? Damon Salvatore x Oc... More

Summary + cast.
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Ten

39 1 0
By voidstiles-24

✰✰✰✰

"I don't know why I'm surprised that you killed someone because your brother pissed you off."

After only being away for a few days, Jordon returns to utter chaos. Benjamin was the one who broke it to Jordan that Damon had killed some teacher. Benjamin didn't seem to care about the teacher's death, unlike Sebastian, who did care. The youngest, Salvatore, was, of course, not happy with Damon, which caused him to stop talking to his father once more and walk out of the room his father was in.

"Maybe start to think about fighting with Stefan instead of killing someone every time he pisses you off. "

Damon shrugged. "Because I like my way better. My way is more fun."

"You know, Damon, the way you handle things is going to keep hurting the ones you care about." Jordan wanted his best friend to stop and think about what he was doing before it was too late. He wished his best friend would put an end to the ongoing feud he had going on with his brother. It was a pity that both Benjamin and Sebastian had to be dragged into their feuds. "So, what are you planning to do next?"

"I plan to free Katherine from the tombs." Damon plans still have changed. "T-"

Upon entering the kitchen, Benjamin interrupted whatever Damon was going to say. "So you plan to run away with Katherine? Start a new life with the woman who destroyed your life?" He poured himself a cup of coffee and sat beside Jordan at the table. He glared over at his father, who was sitting across from them. "I can't say I'm surprised by your actions since you'll never change. You'll always leave me and Sebastian. I've come to accept that you will never change."

Damon wanted to avoid having another argument with one of his sons. It even seemed unlikely he would get his own way. "I need you to understand that I don't plan on abandoning either you or Sebastian again. I meant what I said about trying to mend our relationship. Nothing means more to me than the two of you. That's why I think it's a good idea for you both to come with us."

Jordan thought Damon had officially lost his mind asking Benjamin and Sebastian to start a new life with him and someone they don't even know, someone they've only heard stories about, and they were never nice stories.

It seemed Damon didn't see anything wrong with what he said, though Damon didn't think he could do anything wrong.

Benjamin scoffed, not believing his father had the nerve to ask him something like that. "You think we want to go anywhere with you and Katherine? A person we don't even know?" Benjamin had no plans of going anywhere with his father, and Katherine though it would be a different story if it were just his father. He was confident Sebastian would feel the same way. "As far as I'm concerned, you and Katherine can go to hell." Without waiting to see what his father would say next, Benjamin left the kitchen, not wanting to be in the same place as his father any longer.

Damon glared at Jordan. "What the hell have you been saying to my sons?"

"The truth. When they ask, I tell them the truth." Jordan stated firmly. "They wanted to know, and they had to know what they were getting themselves into if they were planning on helping you."

"So it's you I should blame for them hating me?"

"The only person you've got to blame is yourself. And they don't hate you. They hate what you are doing." Jordan knew the brothers cared about their father. "Your sons have been through a lot over the years. They had to grow up without a mother and a father who wasn't around unless it suited him. They love you, and that's never going to change. It's time you start putting them first and forget all Katherine."

"I can have both."

"You can't have both, and you know, you can't."

Even in Katherine's absence, she continued to play mind games with Damon. Only when Damon realizes that Katherine has been manipulating him from the very start can he truly move forward with his life.

✰✰✰✰

Sebastian Salvatore found himself seated alone in Mystic Grill, his gaze fixated on a blank page of his brand-new sketch pad. He had an art project he had to work on for his art class, which was due next week, and he struggled to decide what to draw.

Sebastian hadn't picked up a pencil to draw in years, and now his art teacher expected the class to draw something or someone that meant something to them; not only that, they even had to explain why it was meaningful to them. Despite his best efforts, he struggled to come up with something to draw, leaving him feeling frustrated and unsure.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and sought to quiet his thoughts, hoping to find the spark of inspiration for his drawing. Unexpectedly, he found himself sketching away without even realizing it.

For nearly half an hour, Sebastian became completely absorbed in his drawing, unaware of anyone's presence until someone spoke up.

"Your drawing is beautiful," they said

Sebastian found himself completely caught off guard when a girl approached him while he was deeply engrossed in his drawing. Startled, he blinked a few times to refocus his attention on the girl standing at his table, who was fixated on his artwork. To his surprise, he recognized her as the same girl he had accidentally bumped into before, causing himself embarrassment. If he remembered correctly, her name was Miley. Trying to regain his composure, he mustered a hesitant response, "T-T-Thanks."

Miley smiled warmly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'm not sure if you remember me. I'm Miley, the girl who made a fool of herself by not looking where she was going."

"I remember you." Sebastian wanted to ask why she was talking to him, but he didn't want to be rude. "I'm Sebastian."

"Yes, I know." As Miley entered the Mystic Grill, her attention was immediately captured by Sebastian, who was sitting alone. She couldn't help but think it might be a good opportunity to finally get to know him better, especially since she had drawn him numerous times; she mustered up the courage to approach him. "Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked, worrying that she may have made a mistake when she noticed his eyes widen slightly. "I apologize if I'm bothering you. I can leave if you prefer."

"Oh no, it's fine. You are not bothering me."Sebastian reassured Miley. With a swift movement, he stood up, accidentally causing his chair to topple over. Ignoring the noise, he pulled out a chair from the opposite side of the table, indicating for Miley to sit. "I am okay with you sitting with me. I promise you are not bothering me." He said, offering a slightly awkward smile, hoping he was coming across as welcoming.

Sebastian realized it was high time for him to start making friends by himself, without constantly relying on Benjamin to rescue him from awkward situations or moments when he embarrassed himself, like the one he was currently experiencing.

Miley was pleasantly surprised when Sebastian went out of his way to pull out a chair for her. She didn't expect guys to do things like that for girls, as she had only ever seen it in movies or read about it in books. "Thanks." Placing her bag on the table, she settled herself into the seat he had offered. She placed her bag on the table and sat on the chair he offered her. She took out her sketch pad and opened it to a blank page as she felt the urge to draw.

Sebastian nodded, picking up his chair from the floor and returning to his seat. He had no clue what to say, but luckily, Miley started the conversation, relieving him of the pressure to start it himself.

"Are you planning on attending the Founder's Day party?"

Sebastian shook his head. "I don't think so." He knew nothing about the Founder's Day party as no one had informed him. Perhaps if he were talking to anyone, then he would know about it. "Are you going?"

"Yes, I'm going with my sister, Bonnie. She's basically forcing me to go with her since her friends had chosen to go with their boyfriends. Elena is going with Stefan, and Caroline is going with Damon, so I became a last-minute backup for my sister."

Sebastian suspected that his father had a specific motive for attending. "Actually, I believe my brother Benjamin and I are going." Benjamin may scold him, but it would be worth it to see what his father was planning.

"Really?" Miley's face brightened upon hearing that Sebastian would be there. She smiled when he nodded. "Maybe we'll see each other there?" She wanted him to be her friend, and she already knew he would be an important person in her life in the future.

"Yeah, maybe." Sebastian's gaze fell back to his sketchbook, and he froze upon realizing what he had drawn. A portrait of his mother stared back at him. Hastily closing the pad, he didn't want to stare at the sketch any longer. He preferred to hide his emotions from anyone other than his brother or uncle. "I have to go."

Before Miley could respond, Sebastian disappeared in the blink of an eye.

✰✰✰✰

"Not only have you forced me into going with you, but you have also forced Uncle J to go."

"I didn't even invite Uncle J; he invited himself," Sebastian explained as he stood in front of the bedroom wall mirror, struggling to tie his tie. "You're the only one I'm forcing to go."

"Are you sure none of this has anything to do with that Miley girl?"

Sebastian made eye contact with Benjamin through the mirror. "Just because a nice girl asked me if I was going to the founder party, it doesn't mean I like her or want to go out with her." He should have known that saying anything about Miley would cause Benjamin to tease him about the girl.

Benjamin playfully continued, "Who knows? Maybe she likes you?"

Sebastian hesitated. "We barely know each other."

Sebastian had limited experience when it came to dating. He had only been on one date, which unfortunately didn't end well. The date had been uncomfortable and awkward for both him and the girl he had gone out with. It wasn't the girl's fault that he didn't feel any connection during their kiss, but he was to blame for abruptly leaving without saying goodbye. Some may find it unusual that Sebastian was still a virgin, and he might have agreed if he cared about others' opinions. Fortunately, his brother Benjamin had always been supportive and reassured him that there was nothing wrong with waiting until he felt ready to take the next step in any relationship. Sebastian was grateful to have Benjamin as his brother, someone he could always rely on when needing a shoulder to lean on or someone to confide in.

"I know you don't, but you don't have to know someone to like them." Benjamin pointed out.

"That doesn't make sense to me." Sebastian sighed in frustration while struggling to tie his tie. Despite his efforts, the knot continued to come out incorrect. He paused for a moment, contemplating his options. "Do you think it would be fine if I don't wear a tie?"

"Skipping the tie should be alright," Benjamin decided to assist Sebastian. "However, others may have opinions about it if you show up without one. Nevertheless, I always believe that you shouldn't care about what others think." He gave Sebastian a few friendly pats on the chest before stepping back. "I can't believe you still don't know how to tie a tie."

"I haven't found the need to learn."

"Fair point. Now let's go find Uncle J so we can leave already."

The brothers found Jordan with their father and Stefan. "My goodness, I seem to have driven you to drink," Damon remarked, noticing Stefan taking another sip.

"I think you would drive anyone to drink, 'dad.'"

Damon turned to his youngest son and smiled. "Does that mean you're finally speaking to me?"

"No."

"If you're not speaking to me, then why are words coming out of your mouth?"

Instead of responding to his father, Sebastian glanced at his brother and said, "Can you ask our father to be quiet? His voice is giving me a headache."

Damon pretended to be hurt, placing his hand over his heart. "Wow, Sebastian, I'm wounded. You'll forgive me eventually."

Sebastian scoffed. "Yeah, maybe in the next hundred years or so if we're still alive. Hopefully, your recklessness hasn't gotten you killed by then."

Benjamin and Jordan glanced between Damon and Sebastian, choosing not to get involved. At least they were talking, even if it was in a snippy manner. Unbeknownst to anyone, Stefan secretly added vervain to the alcohol.

"You and I both know that you'll forgive me much sooner," Damon filled a glass with alcohol and handed it to Sebastian. "Here, have a drink. It might help you relax a bit."

As Sebastian took the glass from Damon, Jordan noticed the panicked expression on Stefan's face.

"There you go again, offering your teenage son alcohol." Jordan snatched the glass from Sebastian's hands before he could take a sip.

Everyone's attention shifted towards Jordan, wondering why he took the alcohol instead of pouring himself a glass and why he was sniffing it instead of drinking.

Benjamin decided to ask what everyone except Stefan was thinking. "Uncle J, why are you sniffing the alcohol? It's not like our father would ever poison one of us."

Handing the glass back to Damon, Jordan glared at Stefan. "Because there is vervain in the alcohol, and it was probably meant for Damon, not Sebastian."

If looks could kill, then Stefan would be dead right now with how Damon looked at him like he was going to kill him. He didn't like the fact that one of his sons almost got poisoned with vervain because of his brother. He wasn't stupid, though, because he knew his brother would do something like that. He sat the glass down on the nearby table with a thud. "I admire your effort, Stefan, pouring yourself a drink then spiking the bottle with vervain. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have done it if you knew I was going to offer Sebastian a drink first. Also, I'm not some drunk sorority chick. You can't roofie me. But I can't help feel a little used. I have to go to the party angry. Who knows what I'll do." Damon left, and Benjamin and Sebastian went with him.

Jordan stayed behind to have a conversation with Stefan. "I don't know what you have planned for Damon, but I suggest you stop whatever it is. Benjamin and Sebastian will never allow you to harm their father, no matter how upset they might be with him right now."

"He has to be stopped, Jordan."

"Well, then, be prepared for the consequences. Benjamin and Sebastian won't take it lightly if you hurt their father."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.1K 87
π”ππ‚πŽππƒπˆπ“πˆπŽππ€π‹π‹π˜ - ❝𝙖 π™¬π™šπ™§π™šπ™¬π™€π™‘π™› 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙝π™ͺπ™£π™©π™šπ™§. 𝙬𝙝𝙀 π™ π™£π™šπ™¬ π™¬π™š'𝙙 π™’π™–π™ π™š 𝙨π™ͺπ™˜π™ 𝙖 π™₯π™šπ™§π™›π™šπ™˜π™© π™₯π™–π™žπ™§?❞...
22.2K 676 14
In a parallel world, Elena realized sooner than she thought that she loved Damon and no one else. With Stefan long forgotten, will she fight for her...
632K 14.6K 26
in which damon's old friend is a model mated to a hunter and a werewolf β€’ " it seems baby gilbert and my first hybrid have finally found their girl "...