Female Gaze

By violadavis

Brie Sheridan has had her heart broken way too many times. Rhett Price is usually the culprit, but, this time... More

aesthetics & playlist
01 | rose-colored glasses
02 | rhett-freaking-price
03 | loser behavior
04 | brie sheridan, glass swallower
05 | pretentious, rich, and bland
06 | matters of the heart
07 | lovesick fool
08 | cool
09 | jumping in headfirst
10 | you make me nervous
11 | humping the ice
12 | first date
13 | is this okay?
14 | eyes on the prize
15 | damocles' sword, anvil style
16 | be there or be square
17 | stay away from my girlfriend
18 | white noise
19 | morning breath
20 | benched
21 | ruin the moment
22 | dinner with the parents
23 | platonic
24 | karmic retribution
25 | frail rose blooming
26 | i have to be perfect
27 | everything is fine
28 | caveat
29 | because i love you
30 | magnolia
31 | out in the open

introduction

6.7K 158 203
By violadavis

EPIGRAPH

"Love is patient, love is kind, love means slowly losing your mind."

27 Dresses

"So many broken-hearted people have got to hear the birds sing, and see all the little flowers grow, just the same as if the sun hadn't stopped shining forever!"

— Emily Dickinson

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

SYNOPSIS

          BROOKE 'BRIE' SHERIDAN has been looking forward to her senior year of college since the start. Ever the romantic (and not hopeless, as she's been reminding everyone since she has known how to describe a feeling), loving is what she does best—friends, family, partners, life—so, naturally, a breakup with her long-time boyfriend right at the start of the year throws a wrench in her plans. With no boyfriend and no subject to feature in her senior project, the perfect future she'd idealized feels more like a fever dream.

          RHETT PRICE doesn't do relationships. He hardly does anything that requires the bare minimum of commitment, really, but there's only so far that mentality can take you when a) you play a team sport and it's not every man for himself out there, and b) you don't want to be the type of person that peaks in college. There comes a time when you have to start taking life seriously and, when presented with an ultimatum by his family, he knows he'll have to change his ways if he wants the future to be as bright as he wants it to.

          After unceremoniously having had her heart broken by Rhett one too many times in the past, Brie has no reason to either trust him or to even consider accepting the help he's offering—especially when there's always a caveat when it comes to him. Sure enough, him accepting to be the new subject for her senior project comes with its added benefits, but she also has to help him out in return, aiding with the rehabilitation of his image. If she can forgive him, even after all the times he has left her heart shattered into a million little pieces, they'll both get what they want out of their futures.

          Brie has never been one to walk away from her dreams, and Rhett Price won't be what stops her from achieving all of them—especially when she's unsure of how genuine he's being when he tells her he wants to make it up to her. She has been burnt enough to know better and, if he thinks he can play her to get what he wants, he's mistaken; after all, two can play that game.

          It's only a matter of who falls first and harder. All's fair in love and revenge.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

DEDICATION

          To my hopeless romantics out there, those who keep going after they get their hearts broken. If you're still going, if you're choosing to move forward and keep trying, remember it's one of the bravest things anyone can do. You are loved. Forever and always.

          To the loves of my life, the brightest lights — smidorii / falling-into-you / thaliagrace- / champagnekatie_. You have changed my life for the better, and I'm forever grateful for all of you.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

CAST

madelaine petsch as brooke 'brie' sheridan

cody christian as rhett price

havana rose liu as nancy huang

adam dimarco as andrew 'andy' de haan

sydney sweeney as magnolia hawthorne

grace van patten as paige de haan

diana silvers as jackie caulfield

charles melton as scott 'jeff' jefferson

madelyn cline as lucy ripley

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

CONTENTS

dual pov

in case you can't tell, this is somewhat of a second chance romance. HOWEVER, this is brie and rhett's story, not mine, not yours, and it doesn't mean you have to or should return to the arms of the people who have hurt you. can people change? sure they can. are you allowed to not want to give them a chance? absolutely

fake dating! oh boy! goodness!

positive mental health awareness

descriptions and depictions of anxiety

sports romance. ish. the heavier focus is on the romance, though rhett is a sporty boi, and i don't know a damn thing about sports (have i not learned my lesson already)

i haven't decided whether there will be mature scenes or not, hence the lack of the mature label. if it changes, you know why

this is a fluffy, low stakes, very trope-y romance. i've been writing heavier books for far too long and i needed a break

no plot just vibes for the most part

slut shaming is ugly. mean girl behavior is ugly. no rude comments in my comments section s'il-te-plaît

fandom references make me cry and i will be deleting them. if you're asked to stop and refuse to, it's bye bye

no white-washing my boy rhett please! cody christian is half native american (he is of the penobscot and passamaquoddy nations on his mother's side). i'll do my best to write proper, positive representation

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

DISCLAIMER & COPYRIGHT

          My characters' opinions don't necessarily reflect mine.

          This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, corporations, establishments and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

          COPYRIGHT © 2023 CATERINA GEORGE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

          No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author. Feel free to quote it, but give me the proper credit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 263 46
Killian had been away in California for two long years, but now he was back in his hometown of Nevada. His best friend Bree was about to start her...
37.2K 7.1K 58
(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't like it. Will has the career he always dre...
75.3K 2.9K 43
All Rémy Miller has ever known are lies until someone is able to give him the life changing truth. When studying at Harvard University, his path unex...
4.6K 81 31
When Annie Murphy returns home for her mother's funeral, she believes to have seen her estranged best friend, Zach Zimmerman, in attendance. As she g...