Sometimes Hate is Enough

By auroranequam

The story follows the events of the night when Arnav tried to force Khushi into marrying him. More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue I
Epilogue II

Chapter 09

3.9K 216 23
By auroranequam

Arnav

"...My love for Khushi." His words echoed in my ears as I stared at him with shock. His love? Seriously?

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked as I took a step forward. "First you were using Di for money, then you have the audacity to claim your love for Khushi when you all but cheated on your wife?"

"Make it sound however you like it. But the truth remains that I never loved Anjali." Shyam said, shrugging. An hour ago, you were running behind Di, calling her Rani Saheba...

I shook my head as I huffed out a laugh before saying, "You middle-class people just don't change, do you?" I looked into his eyes. "Whenever you smell money, you always run there, waggling your tail like the bloody dog you are."

"I don't care. Think whatever you..." Shyam stated.

"She's pregnant, Damad Ji. What are you saying? How can you not care?" Mama interrupted from my left as he looked at everyone in the room for some kind of encouragement or motivation before continuing, "That child is also yours."

"How can you not care about our princess? You... You even bought her a crib. You..." Di said while crying as he stood.

"I did whatever was necessary for me to continue to live here." Shyam cut in before turning to face her. "I did exactly what you wanted to see. What everyone in this house wanted to see, so don't blame me for your own foolishness."

I pressed my tongue on my cheek wall as I tried to calm myself and turned to look at Nani. She was looking at Shyam with a straight face. She was right about Khushi. She was right that Khushi would never stand so low... I should've thought before insulting her and forcing her. I looked at Nani again just before she did.

"Call the police, Akash Bitwa." She said this while keeping eye contact with me, then turned to look at Akash and gave a firm nod.

"Hello-Hi-Bye-Bye! But Sasuma, he's the Damad. How can you do that to him? What about the family's reputation?" Mami asked as Akash took a few steps away from the living room to call the police.

"Would you have thought about your reputation if this had concerned Akash?" Nani asked before glaring at her while the corners of her lips and eyes twitched. Her reaction turned into a realization before she added, brows high. "But unfortunately, you already ruined the family's reputation at Akash's wedding when you insulted the Gupta family without even knowing the truth. Also, leaving the fact that it was actually our family that was at fault." She shot a look in my direction as she finished, while Mami mumbled under her breath.

"The police will be here shortly." Akash announced as he returned while stuffing his phone in his pocket.

No one spoke for the rest of the time as we waited for the police. Di just sat and stared at Shyam while he continued to ignore her existence. Bastard.

How did we get here? We were so happy before. We were together. But now none of us are. We are living in the same house, but we are still not together. At least not anymore.

Akash stood near the entrance hallway, leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest. Mami angrily sat next to Di and gritted her teeth with a look of disgust on her face. And Nani patted Laxmi's head while talking to Mama, which was completely inaudible for us. Why is she so calm about everything? How is she calm?... I really need to talk to her. I..

When the doorbell rang, we all straightened up, and I looked at Shyam, who sat unbothered by anything that was happening around him or because of him. Is he not at all concerned about going to jail?

Torning my gaze away from him, I went to speak with the inspector and informed him of everything Shyam has done to us, the Gupta family, and especially what he did to Di and... Khushi.

When the police had him handcuffed, Di stood before looking at him and asking, "You really don't care about our princess even a bit?"

He clenched his jaws with irritation, I think, and answered through his teeth.

"No."

She just stared at him for less than a second before slowly nodding her head and saying, "Then she also doesn't need a father like that."

I walked up to her, wrapped my arm around her shoulders, and gave it a squeeze. She looked up at me before turning on her feet and going upstairs.

*

Will she believe me if I say I wasn't aware of the entire thing?... She shouldn't. But I think she will give me a chance to explain. It's Khushi. She... She doesn't like hurting people like that. I'm sure she'll give me a chance, and... even if she doesn't, I will convince her. And she will agree. It's her, after all. She has to agree to forgive me. And most importantly, she has to give our feelings a chance. I deserve that.

I stared at the wall as Nani finished her puja and joined me in the dimly lit living room. As soon as she sat down next to me, I spoke up.

"You are hiding something, aren't you?" I looked at her as her eyebrows shot up at my sudden question.

"No." She answered as she met my eyes.

I took a moment after her answer and looked at her before asking, "You didn't say a word to Shyam, nor did you look shocked. Why?"

"Because I already knew what he did." She said it so casually that I felt my brows tugging in question. But before I could ask her how, she added, "Well, I didn't know exactly everything until his confession, but I knew about the engagement and paying guest thing."

"How? And... Why didn't you tell me? You should have told me." I demanded while raising my voice. She knew about it but didn't feel that it was necessary to inform me.

She looked up at me and stared for a moment before the corners of her lips twitched with anger, I think. Why is she angry? I should be angry.

"I want you to watch your tone when you talk. With everyone. Especially elders." She pinned me with a look as she paused. "And why should I be informing you of anything? It is you who should be doing that. And from now on, I want to know everything that you do for the family. I want you to inform me before making any major decisions. Okay?" 

I clenched my teeth as I looked down and nodded. Why is she behaving like that nowadays? She wasn't like this before. She never questioned m...

"I want words, Chote." She said. Her voice was calm but waiting.

I looked up and said, "Yes. I will inform you of everything." I again looked down at my fisted hands and felt a frown grow. When was the last time anyone ordered me? Never.

"Madhumati Ji had called me yesterday after you and I had the talk." I looked up, but she was already looking at me and waiting. I motioned for her to continue.

"She told me about Shyam. How they had met. How he became a paying guest at their house and how he got engaged to Khushi Bitiya." She paused for a moment before continuing, "I believe everything Shyam said even if you don't. I believe him."

"I do but.. I don't think he was telling everything true." I placed my laptop on the coffee table and looked at her. She stared at a distance for some time before letting out a sigh.

"I'm worried about Khushi Bitiya."

"Why?" I asked as my frown deepened.

"He's obsessed with her." She slowly nodded while saying so and looked me in the eyes before adding, "I have noticed the way he... he takes her name, talks about her, and defends her. He... He's obsessed."

"Nani, don't worry. I'm sure it's nothing. He's just infatuated with her. And most importantly, he's in the jail." I said as I patted her hand with assurance. "You are worried without any reason. Also, you need to rest now. It's quite late."

She stared at me again for a moment and slowly stood up before murmuring under her breath, "I'm afraid it is."

"Good night, Nani." I said that and grabbed my laptop before heading upstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 6.7K 35
This story follows the events when Arnav said to Khushi that, it's all her fault. He wished she never came to their lives.
233K 14.1K 88
This is my first ever SUPERNATURAL story. I just am giving it a try as my readers wanted it. Please ignore it if it is not up to your expectations.
246K 8.9K 34
This story is the top appericiated work of mine on India Forums. 16 September 2019 ***Highest Rankings*** #1 ArHi #5 ArShi Thank you so much guys.
232K 13.2K 41
Story about previous life, two lovers love unconditionally. Protect each other. Evil people killed them in previous birth before they become one. So...