EVE

Από Katty_0149

When a beautiful African girl just starting her adulthood is kidnapped from her country and sold off to the M... Περισσότερα

MAIN CHARACTER INTRODUCTION!
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Nine

2.5K 94 25
Από Katty_0149

TW⚠: A little sensitive something something. It's a Mafia book, there are crimes involved here.

(Are we really in love?)

●Eve●

"Favorite movies top 5?" I ask.

"That is a difficult question." he protested.

"Well, you have to answer it". I switched my position to lie on my side, supporting my head with my hand.

He sighed then answered.

"If I have to then it will be the ruthless, Gotti, Infinity War, the untouchables, and the Godfather." 

"In that order 5 to 1?" I questioned.

"Yes," He simply said.

"Infinity war?" I chuckled.

"You don't think it's a good movie?" He asks as he turns to face me with a small smile, his poison still in hand.

"It's an alright movie. It's not top 5 worthy." I argue.

"Name your top 5." He challenges.

"Careful that's question number 1." I teased. 

"It's a bonus question" he chuckled and I joined him.

"Fine" I smiled.

"One Thousand Ways to Die in the West, Hitman's Bodyguard franchise, Transformer franchise, Deadpool franchise and Red Notice, one to Five."

"Deadpool?"

"Ryan Reynolds is a handsome man," I state my reason.

"I am more handsome," he says as he fully turns to look at me smirking.

"Of course you are" I tease.

"What country would you like to visit that you haven't visited yet?" he asked.

"Italy" I deadpan.

"We live in Italy" He stated confused, his forehead creasing. 

"No, you live in Italy." I deadpan again.

"Elaborate" He commands.

"You grew up in Italy, you have been to Rome, Sicily, Tuscany. You've been to all the touristy places whether that was for 'business' or fun I don't know but you've been there. I, on the other hand only know the forest I am trapped in." I say a little frustrated.

The room fell silent. The reality of who we were dawning on both of us.

"What is your favorite dessert?" I change the topic.

"Vanilla ice cream" He answers.

"Really? Vanilla" I ask surprised. 

"There is just something appealing about its simplicity" He defends.

"It's plain ice cream" I protest.

"Plain is good in my world, it's easy." He supports his ice cream flavor choice.

"Is that why you chose me?" I ask. 

I've always been curious about what he has seen in me. Was I just another easy, plain, simple target for him? A safe bet?  

Again the room fell silent.

"Careful now that's question number 3," he said, his gaze leaving mine to look into his glass before sipping his scotch.

"Have you ever owned a pet?" he changed the topic.

"No. We don't do that where I'm from. We own animals, not pets" I chuckled.

"There is a difference?" He chuckled reaching for the bottle on the coffee table to pour more scotch into his glass.

"Yes. Pets are allowed in the house, animals on the other hand aren't. We have guard dogs, not house dogs." I explained and he smiled before letting out another chuckle.

"Fair enough" He surrendered. 

"Do you like ordering in or eating out?" I asked with a small smile and he smirked.

"I think you know the answer to that," he said and I laughed.

"No actually, I don't think I do" I tease. 

"I love eating out" he looked at me and I smiled before letting out a laugh.

"What was your favorite school subject growing up?" he asked.

"Biology," I said with a smile and he let out a laugh.

"I am not surprised at all," he said.

 "What's your relationship with your mother like?"

He let out a shaky chuckle. 

"Pass" he simply said. 

I had hit a nerve. Some part of me wanted to prob. The whole reason we were playing this game was to get to know each other better so his not answering the question wasn't good, but something in me could tell that his parents were a sore sport. I had never seen a single picture of them anywhere here or back at his estate. I had never had anyone talk about them not even the gossiping maids.

"Alright," I said defeated.

"If you had the option to live forever, would you choose to?"

"No, eventually everyone I know would die and even if I kept moving and meeting new people, inevitably it would get boring and extremely tiring," I answered truthfully.

"Fair enough" he agreed.

"Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?" He asked twirling his glass still looking at me. 

"Yes," I answered truthfully. 

Regardless of my shitty circumstance some part of me still believed that all this happened for some reason. God has his reasons. He led me here.

"Have you ever been in love?" He asked lowering his gaze.

"Yes," I hesitated but answered.

"Who was he?" he questioned his grip on the glass tightening. 

"This counts as a question. You've already used your bonus question" I joked.

"Sure," he said unwaveringly.

I sighed.

"A guy I met in university" Is all I said. 

He was a sore topic and I didn't want to talk about him at least not with Don.

"Do you still love him?" He asked again.

"No" I answered truthfully because I didn't.

"Do you believe in God?" I asked.

"I'm Italian. Of course, I believe in God."

"Does my line of work bother you?" 

I thought about it. 

He is definitely a murderer.  He could be a drug dealer, an arms dealer, or a human trafficker, I mean he bought me. He could strangle me to death, have me thrown in the Pacific or buried in the backyard, and get away with it. But, the man who set beneath me, tattoos, his gaze barely meeting mine anxious to hear my answer didn't seem like a criminal. What scares me or bothers me is that I saw him as human, where everyone saw a cruel thug I saw a gentleman.

"No"

"What was your first impression of me?"

He chuckled and I joined him, both of us thinking about that horrid encounter.

"She is disobedient but gorgeous." He answered.

"You called me a nigga in Italian" I laughed calling him out.

"I apologize. That was ungentlemanly of me." He said and I smiled showing I kind of accepted his apology. 

"What were you studying before..." 

"Medicine would have been in the second year" I put him out of his misery.

"What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?" I changed the topic.

"Snails" He simply said and took a gulp of his drink while I laughed.

"Explain" I laughed.

"I had gone to France for business, and my business partner and I had signed a good deal so we decided to go celebrate together with Angelo and our guys. So he took us to a very affluent restaurant. My business partner recommended he order his favorite meal for us and said we were free to order whatever we liked, he was paying as long as we tried his favorite dish."

"Oh no" I laughed 

"Yes. I realized what his favorite meal was as soon as he ordered it and unfortunately, I could not back out out of it. So when the order rolled out, Angelo and I together with some of our guys stomached those snails like the men we are" He laughed. 

"Oh that must have been horrible" I continued laughing. 

We turned our heads to the door as we heard it open. A soldier walked in, in all black and armed. Finally noticing the don on the floor he bowed his head and then said

"Mi scuso per aver disturbato il tuo capo, i tuoi ospiti sono qui."

(I apologize for bothering you boss, your guests are here.)

"Va bene, arrivo subito." The don responded and the solder walked out after saluting.

(Alright, I'll be right out.)

Immediately, he stood from his position, his face a little defeated.

"I'm guessing your business partners are here," I said my mood falling as well.

"I apologize," he said. 

He leaned towards me and I closed my eyes as he placed a kiss on my forehead. He placed his forehead against mine. I kept my eyes closed. 

"I'll take you upstairs. You should rest" he whispered. 

"Hmm," I responded. 

I placed my hand behind his neck and kissed him. He responded immediately taking control of the kiss. He tasted like the scotch he was drinking, the mix of him and the chocolate I had was almost heavenly. I let out a tiny moan and he pulled away, placing his forehead against mine again.

Without another word, he lifted me to carry me to the bedroom, so I could rest and he could attend his guests.

[AN]

Smells like an Alberto chapter coming up next.

This chapter was important because these two got to spend time together without the distractions of his family and all the other things that seemed to get in their way.

Like always, tell me what you think.

Also Lana Del Rey orrrr Avril Lavigne?

Lana all day!!!!!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Mistress Από Artemisia738

Ρομαντική

112K 2.2K 11
" I am pregnant," I said timidly caressing my flat belly hoping that he will be happy hearing the news. After all, he is going to be a father. He sai...
93.3K 1.8K 39
𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚 25 years old, a billionaire and Mafia Don. Everyone fears, admires and respects him. 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬 20 yea...
234K 5.5K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
310K 8K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...