Ghosts Broken Mask

By TropicalVii

'You heard it. The soft crying of a male and you knew who it was. Ghost, your Lieutenant. It was coming from... More

Disclaimer
1 - 'Rage'
2 - 'More'
3 - 'Why?'
4 - 'C'mon'
5 - 'Shut up'
6 - 'Don't sleep'
7 - 'Your head?'
8 - 'Piggy back'
9 - 'Cut it out'
10 - 'Me too'
11 - 'Impressive kid'
12 - 'Death wish'
13 - 'Rookie please!'
14 - 'At ease solider'
15 - 'Oh, to be free'
16 - 'Innocently unaware'
17 - 'The arms of lonely'
18 - 'Clouded Sadness'
19 - 'Panicked Haze'
20 - 'Sad Nostalgia'
21 - 'Ravenous Hunger'
22 - 'His Control'
23 - 'Tag? ... tag.'
24 - 'Just us is fine.'
25 - 'Oh'
26 - 'I'll say'
27 - 'Again.'
28 - 'Waking up is winning'
29 - 'Thats it'
30 - 'Folks'
31 - 'Things'
32 - 'Lively'
33 - 'Ill be here'
34 - 'Busted'
35 - 'Early Bird'
36 - 'Speed'
37 - 'trouble'
38 - 'Coded'
40 - 'Meal time'
41 - 'Detention'
42 - 'Rory Love'
43 - 'Sharing is caring'
44 - 'Kendrick'
45 - Callsign Caltex
46 - Breach
47 - Reflections
48 - Obstacles
49 - Losing game
50 - Enlighten me
51 - enlightened?
52 - Just one
53 - Intoxicating
54 - 'You'll live Princess'
55 - 2 is better than 1
56 - My girl
57 - Soaps Company
58 - Safe & Sound
59 - Gold star
60 - birthday girl
61 - Perfect sense
62 - Not so chatty?
63 - Contentment
64 - the enemies
65 - 'Tired love?'
66 - SRGT RUSS & ROOK
67 - Engraved
68 - Don't Lie
69 - 'Discussable'
70 - The rearrangement
71 - Uneasy
72 - Walk of Shame
73 - Amen
74 - corruption
75 - Please
77 - Boss
78 - Behave
79 - Stage 2
80 - Ghost?
81 - Yes?
82 - Torturous
83 - Odd

39 - 'Banter'

2.1K 49 41
By TropicalVii

You watched Soap and Ghost leave one of your fathers' cars clearly arguing about something. They stop the arguing to acknowledge the fence in front of them.

Soap nudges Ghost pointing towards the entrance only to look back and see Ghost jumping the fence swiftly. Soap followed after a second and you sighed internally.

They stood together, looking around. Soap looked lost and Ghost was glancing about. You watch from the window with a grin before Ghosts eyes land on you standing at the window, bag in hand.

He elbows Soap who immediately does it back like Ghost was purposely attacking him. Ghost nudges him harder before pointing at you. You greet them with a smile while they stand in the middle of the grass.

Soap points somewhere and Ghost shakes his head walking towards the window. You tilt your head, wondering what they're doing. Soap jogs after Ghost as he comes to the window.

He points down at the latch and you look at Jasper. "Open the window" Ghost says. He's changed his balaclava out for a medical mask and sunglasses.

You unlatch the window and push it open. "You fucking idiot I said the door was over there" Soaps voice floats through the gap and the class erupts into hushed laughs.

"Language" you growl passing your bag through to Soap who takes it.

"The windows quicker anyways you fucking Crood" Ghost grunts back.

"Oi" you growl once more. "Go to the door" you whisper.

"Go through the window" he says back.

"I ain't going through the window" you mutter as he opens the window wider. He reaches his arms in grabbing under your arms and dragging you closer.

You have no choice but to cooperate and pull yourself through. "Really" you sigh.

"Saving time here rook-oory" Soap says with a chuckle helping Ghost.

"And Whys dad not here?" You asked. You hit your head on the window and Soap growls at Ghost.

"That was you" Soap says.

"It was you, let go, ill handle it" Ghost argues.

"I'll handle it better" Soap says.

"Just let go" Ghost grunts.

"Arm wrestle me" Soap says letting you go as his mind focuses on his new task.

"Cut it out you two" you say as Ghost pulls you through and sets you on your feet.

"Do you see any surfaces around here?" Ghost says back with a snarky undertone.

You turn back, peering through the window. "Also, my homework is on my desk" you say to Jasper before nodding at those who wave.

You're lifted off the ground and you grunt, ducking your head away from the window before you hit it. "One fucking arm look at that" Soap says tossing you over his shoulder.

You sigh as they walk back towards the car. You keep your eyes down, "farewell Rory love" Colin says with an audible laugh. You raise your hand but keep your head down.

"What are you two arguing about now?" You huff as Soap sets you down at the fence.

"Something pointless Johnny started" Ghost mutters.

"Hurry up and settle it" you shake your head. "Who can do the best cartwheel" you offer.

"Not doing no cartwheel rook" Soap laughs.

"Seconded" Ghost says.

"Front flip then, off the fence and I'll see whose is best" you say.

"You're not help playing into his childish antics Rookie" Ghost says.

"Automatic win to Soap then" you shrug.

"I didn't say I wouldn't do it" Ghost grunts.

You step back folding your arms. "Alright go on" You urge.

Soap uses his hand to get himself up on the fence whereas Ghost gives a precise jump. You let out a muffled laugh and they both turn to you.

"You're messing with us" Soap narrows his eyes at you.

You give a shrug and smile. They both jump down from the fence, and you jump over easily, following them to the car.

"So where is price exactly?" You ask.

"Ol' man's been sent out" Soap says opening the backdoor for you as you throw your bag in and climb in, closing it.

"Does he ever get a break" you give a soft chuckle.

"He enjoys his work" Soap laughs.

————

"Lieutenant send us the locations yeah?" Price says picking up the keys.

"Will do" He nods as Soap passes in his gear.

"Shouldn't be long" Price says with a final wave. You wave back following them to the door.

"Kill someone" you call out to them. You watch them leave in the car before heading to the counter.

You grab your bag taking it upstairs and turning your phone on, checking the photos you took earlier today.

You sit down at your desk, folding your legs underneath you as you load your computer on.

You think for a moment before installing the office365 software and grabbing yourself some paper out. You copy down the network name and the Wi-Fi password while you wait.

You get up from your desk, jogging down the stairs and grabbing yourself a snack before walking towards the office and finding Ghost still seated.

"Everything okay?" You ask taking the spare seat beside him.

He grunts with a slight nod and your eyes wonder to the computer screen where a small map of the town is displayed. Labeled in sections with colors and titles.

You lean back, letting a silence fall between you both before he spoke. "How was school?" He asks.

"Wasn't long" you smile. "I did get a few more things that could help us, working on it upstairs at the moment" you nod.

"So, everything went to plan on your side?" He asks turning to face you.

You nodded, "I did what I could" you shrug with a light chuckle. "Shouldn't be long till we get back to base" you say.

He hums a reply and stands up alongside you. "I'll be a sec" you say leaving the room, the days heat becoming more immeasurable with each passing hour.

You stop to open up some doors and windows in your house before going back upstairs. You stand staring at the screen not really sure what you're doing but just waiting.

"What's it you're downloading?" Ghosts voice sounds from beside you.

You ignore the subtle startle and turn to face him as his eyes lock on your computer screen. "Just a school app" you shrug.

He just nods, his eyes flicking to yours as you continue to watch him for no reason in particular. He had switched out his jacket and vest for a short sleeve shirt to deal with the days heat.

Your eyes lingered for a moment longer on his tattoos. Intrigued by the sleeve of inky images permanently drawn onto his skin.

"How's your injury?" He asks drawing your attention up to his face.

"Not really liking the latex" you laughed gently.

"Didn't think so" he says offering a small smile under his balaclava. He checks his watch before looking up at you. "You know the forest pretty well yeah?"

You nod, "yeah I'd say so, around here at least".

"Ah okay" he says his eyes glossing over like he's in thought.

"Whys that?" You ask suddenly curious.

"Just because the nature walks around here aren't on maps so it's hard to get the layout" he says.

"I can draw a map or something, I'm not the best at drawing but I can do it if it helps."

"It would be a big help rook" he says with a firm nod.

"Then I'll get round to it" you say with a small smile. You hear the distance sound of the doorbell and look at Ghost to see if he heard it as well.

He glances over his shoulder, confirming your hearings as you head down the stairs, greeted with another doorbell.

You open the door to find Jasper who looks rather concerned and frantic. "Jasper?" You ask. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Well yeah" he says stepping inside as you move to the side in a silent gesture inviting him in. "The hour is for the student teacher to teach a lesson so" He huffs.

"Then what's up?" You ask following him to the counter.

"Is Kai safe at school right now?" He asks.

"I'd hope so, I mean, have you noticed something?" You ask stopping beside him as Ghost appears in your peripheral vision.

"He's been giving an after-school detention by the lunch staff member I was telling you to keep an eye on, ironically the detention teacher will be the guy from the office" he says.

You furrow your brows. "That is a little weird, why'd he get detention?" You ask, watching Jaspers eyes flick back to Ghost occasionally.

"Apparently for disturbances in the cafeteria, not only that but I heard him talking with Dina about letting a few students off the hook for after-school detention" Jasper says.

This information spikes your interest, and you press your lips into a thin line. "Do you think he's doing it on purpose?" You ask am obvious question you already know the answer too.

"Yeah, I do, no one gets off the hook for detention so it's like their trying to empty space or get him alone" Jasper says.

"I mean, I got sent home I'm not sure what I can do" you say racking your brain for any ideas.

"I can find a way to get you on an attendance for the detention class" He offers.

You groan, "yeah but, that's boring and I can barely handle boring without doing something intrusive" you say.

"I think you should" Ghost speaks up. "For the sake of the mission" he mutters as you look over your shoulder at him.

"Fine, just let me know if you can or not otherwise, I'll patrol the school" you say.

Jaspers silent for a moment before he gives a sharp nod. "Is there an explanation behind the dress code today?" He chuckles a little. "You got me in trouble to."

"I did?" You ask, hoisting yourself up onto the counter.

"Yeah, for having you in my class so long without noticing" He laughs.

"My bad, I just needed to get dress coded" you shrugged, noticing Ghost had stepped closer. He leaned against the counter beside you slightly.

"Whys that?" Jasper asks his stare clearly fixated on Ghost.

"Needed to do some snooping around the office" you shrug.

Jaspers eye flick to yours. "That's dangerous idiot" He mutters. "Where you caught?" He asks.

You shake your head, watching Jasper's eye glance at Ghost. "No I-" you feel Ghosts hand on the small of your back before it slides to the dip of your waist.

"I-, uh" you chuckle, having fumbled over your words. "I wasn't caught, I was - sent there so" you shrugged vaguely.

"What were you looking for, maybe I could help?" Jasper offers.

You look at Ghost for a second, "everything okay?" You ask him slowly which he replies to with a slow nod, his fingers digging into you gently.

"I'll let you know if there's anything Jasper but right now, I think I've got enough" you say with an uncertain smile at Ghosts hard glare towards Jasper.

"Should I be keeping an eye on Kai in the meantime or?" He goes on, eyes never wavering under Ghosts.

You thought for a moment. "That'd be helpful yeah, just don't make it to obvious please" you say with a smile.

"Sure" Jasper says.

"Are you done now?" Ghost grunts before silence can settle.

"I mean- I was talking to Y/N not you exactly" Jasper says slowly, his tone even.

"Have you said everything you need?" Ghost mutters harshly, once again his voice in a dismissive tone.

"Why? Are you keeping records of what's said during conversations with her" he says back.

"I'd just rather not waste any more time listening to you speak" Ghost says returning the cold glare.

"Is there a problem? I come over to help with your mission and it's a 'waste' of time" Jasper says.

"We know what we're doing, with or without your help" Ghost mutters, his words sharp.

You sit between them sighing on the inside. Ghosts hand lay itself on your thigh in a somewhat protective manner which made you look up.

"It's easier with my help, is it not Y/N?" Jasper asks, dragging you into the argument.

"I mean, it's easier yes" you shrug.

"Doesn't mean we need you" Ghost adds on.

Jasper hums in a slight smug tone his eyes flicking to you. You notice the slight tightening of Ghosts grip on you while Jasper looks at you.

"Like I said. Are you done here?" Ghost asked again, slower this time.

"I'm thinking about it" Jasper answers. You purse your lips unable to identify what the banters about but not caring either way.

You looked down at your thigh, the stitches fine but as precaution you grab the tube of cream that sits on the counter at all times now.

Your tights are wide fishnet leaving more than enough room for you to get a good look. Ignoring the two in front of you as you take the lid off.

"What's there to think about" Ghost mutters taking the cream from your hand.

"Wouldn't want to miss any details now, would I?" Jasper replies.

Ghost nudges your legs open a little more, stepping closer to you standing between them as he grunts in reply to Jasper.

"That'd be a shame" Ghost replies, his voice coated in thick sarcasm as he squeezes cream onto his finger and nudges the tights out of his way.

Jasper hums with a snarky undertone. "Your captain was the one who told me to report anything I thought would be useful for your mission."

"Yeah, didn't tell you to be a nuisance about it" Ghost grunts rubbing the cream around on your thigh which you offer a thankful smile.

"Didn't think you'd be so Immature about it" Jasper says, his tone remains calm and even like he's argued a million times.

"Hardly" He grunts back tossing the tube behind you and turning to face Jasper with his arms folded. "Come up with the details yet?" He asks cocking a brow.

Jasper gives Ghost a glare before turning to you, "we need an excuse as to why you're in detention."

"The way she's dressed" Ghost says.

"Wasn't asking you" Jasper sighs making it clear he's annoyed.

"I don't think that's a bad idea" you say.

"You were sent home because of it; I can't bring you back to school just to punish you for it" he says. "Wasn't really well thought out" he says glancing at Ghost.

You hum in thought gently. Ghost's hands find their way back to you with a light touch, he's hesitant but not enough that it shows in his actions.

"Disrupting the class?" You ask, seeing if Jasper would approve.

He thinks for a moment. "Figure something on your own, it was your idea to come here so you work it out" Ghost says after a moment.

"It's okay Ghost" you say with a small laugh. "Say that I, haven't done my homework despite your reminders to do it" you offer.

"That works" Jasper shrugs, "how quick was that" Jasper says again eyeing Ghost.

"All sorted then" he says. "We've got better things to be doing so why don't you hurry along back to school" He grunts.

"See you after school then yeah?" Jasper says.

"Yeah" you say with a dismissive wave. He gives Ghost one last look before turning. You watch him as he leaves and Ghost huffs.

"Swear he does it on purpose."

"Does what?" You ask.

"Takes his sweet time being a pain in the ass."

"You only encourage it by retaliating" you grin.

He gives a grunt that sounds half amused. His chest is heaving a little more than usual and his hands don't leave yet his gaze is towards the door.

"You, okay?" You ask slowly.

"Yeah, fine" He answers.

Your hands reach up while his back is turned to you. His shirt clinging to his form underneath. You gently place your hands on his trapezius sliding them up over his shoulder blades.

His muscles tense and yet you continue, your eyes following your hands as they slide down the front of his chest. You change direction with your left hand slowly sliding it back up.

You feel his warm skin under your palms as your hand glides up his neck, your fingertips gently tracing up the sides as his breathing hitches with your touch.

You slide it up further till his chin is in your hand. Your other hand lifts from his chest and rolls his balaclava up slowly, letting it rest above his lips as you turn him to face you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 362 14
Debug is a reformed cyber-terrorist with a computer engineering/coding background. After a very unpleasant experience overseas she is recruited to wo...
860K 22.6K 25
"You seem smitten by him, Lieutenant (y/n)." "Who wouldn't be, Sergeant Soap..." Simon Riley is a merciless, cold blooded killer who shows no remor...
571K 11.6K 32
You're a new addition to the Task Force 141. You quickly become friends with everyone except Ghost, who just seems to tolerate you. Slow burn, enemi...
28.3K 578 12
Your his favorite nurse on the base, he refuses to be seen by anyone if its not you. No one knows why you were so special to him, but you did feel ho...