Promise (Revali x Reader)

By mantafailure

(Y/N), a Zonai and the descendant of the leader of the Zon'Hirith Town, has been chosen as the 5th Champion... More

Context
🍃Rewind🍃
🍃Really?🍃
🍃Visit🍃
🍃Relax🍃
🍃I Won't Say🍃
🍃Not Outloud🍃
🍃Ready?🍃
Quick Notice
🍃The Start of The Calamity🍃
🍃Ending: Spirits🍃
🍃Ending: Who Are You?🍃
A/N
NEW CHAPTER!

🍃Keep a Secret🍃

164 6 6
By mantafailure

After what felt like ages passed, we both pulled away from the kiss.

"So that's a yes."

We stood in silence for a few seconds. My gaze met his, the snow and the moonlight made for such a scene... but I didn't care. I could only look at him. He's so pretty...

"Was I too bold...?" Revali looked away, seemingly ashamed. It's weird to see him not being his cocky self...

"No, no no! Don't worry about it... I loved it."

He smiled and looked back at me.

"I enjoyed it too. But..."

"But?"

"Look, (Y/N)... I'm willing to give us a chance... with a condition."

"And what may that be...?"

"We have to keep it a secret."

"Oh... uhm, sure? Why though?"

"I'm not ready for people to know... we're champions, we can't have weaknesses."

I didn't really understand what he meant by that. Is love a weakness to him?

"Love isn't a weakness, dear... but if you want it this way, I can work with that."

"Thank you..." He smiled relieved.

"Now, I'm freezing my tail up here! Can we go back down? Please?"

I was quite literally shaking in my boots. My snow boots. I didn't put on any of my winter equipment aside from the boots, since I was in a hurry for obvious reasons.

"Oh, sure. wait did you call me 'dear'?"

We started walking back to the village.

"Uhm, yeah? Anything wrong with that?"

"No no! It's just... only when we're alone, okay?"

"Of course, you lovebird." I giggled.

"Oh my gosh that's so much worse."

"Well, too bad! It's staying!" I ran as fast as I could.

"DON'T CALL ME A LOVEBIRD EVER AGAIN." He shouted as he followed me.

"I LIKE IT AND IT'S STAYING!" I laughed.

—--

"I really had a great time with you..." I felt my cheeks blushing.

"And I still can't believe I'm going through with this..." he grunted. "Love is sickening."

"Daw, c'mon. Don't be so moody." I gave him a little smooch. His face immediately went red.

"You're adorable when you blush, you know that?"

"Shut up..."

I laughed. "I should go now... I might have just left without a notice. Father must be worried..."

"Right... don't you ever do something that stupid again."

"Oh, I'd do anything for you." I smiled along with him. He's adorable when he's flustered.

"Shut it, (Y/N)..."

"Okay okay. I'll be on my way then." I shrugged and started walking away.

As soon as I stepped back into Zon'Hirith, I went back home. I was exhausted, yet still so happy...

When I entered the big building that was my house, I spotted my father sitting in his usual spot... he seemed weirdly serene and quiet. He's probably asleep.

I quietly made my way upstairs, where my room was. But I spotted an unusual chest inside the room, right next to the stairs. It had a note.

"Dear (Y/N),

You know my time is coming to an end, and I wanted to leave you with a part of me before I'm gone. You won't have to worry about leading the town, I've taken care of that. The contents of this chest have been passed down for ages, since the arrival of the Zonai to Hyrule. It's been past down by our family, and now I give it to you.

Love,

Dad."

I've never heard of any "family relic" before. This was new. What could it be? And why is he giving this to me just now?

I slowly opened the chest. My curiosity rises with every second. And inside... there was a boomerang.

The boomerang was embedded in some weird green material, with the blade made with a glowing pattern, which seemed to be text in an ancient language...

I had so many questions... and I wanted answers. I walked up to my father, still so serene, and tried to wake him up.

"Father? What the hell is this?"

There was no response. Wait... is he...

"Father...? Father?! Dad?!"

—-----

That night was something else. I got together with Revali, the best thing that could've ever happened to me. But also, my father... passed, and I was given this ancient boomerang. We've been sent to another training session with the champions, while Zelda looked for a way to awaken her ancient powers or something, I didn't really understand that part. I think that we've trained way too much, but whatever.

I was sent with Daruk this time. I wonder what Revali's up to though... he was sent to train with Link.

Meanwhile, in Rito Village...

"Stupid Link with that stupid darkness sealing sword... how I hate that little Hylian. But I suppose I gotta tolerate him. He's (Y/N)'s friend, after all..."

Back to (Y/N)

Well, I hope he's behaving himself. Why is he so negative towards Link? Maybe he's jealous-

"Yoo-hoo, (Y/N)! You there, buddy?" Daruk waved his massive palm in front of me.

"Huh? Oh." I shook my head. "Sorry, got lost in thought..."

"No kidding... look, I know it must be very hard for you buddy, but... we've been here for hours!"

Well, I might've picked up on someone's addiction to training from being around them a whole lot...

"It hasn't been that long, right?"

"We've been here for 6 hours."

"Oh..."

"Look, I know you wanna get everything done in one go, but that's just not how things work, buddy! You can't just come up here and try to master your power, your skills, and anything in-between!"

"I guess you're right... but I really need to learn how to control my powers." I looked down at my hands. "All of you know how to use your own powers except me..."

"Look," he knelt down. "Why don't we stop for a second, hm? Maybe go take a walk or something to clear your mind."

"We have no time for that, Daruk! The calamity is fast approaching and I still haven't mastered my abilities and-"

"Don't worry bout that, buddy. Go take that break, you need it."

"... fine." I grunted and put away the boomerang. "Just a few minutes."

We headed out towards the infamous Goron hot springs. I've never been to one before, so this might be fun... or it might not.

"Didn't I tell ya this would help?" Daruk chimed as we sat inside the hot spring.

"It is nice..."

I don't know how long we've been here, but I don't wanna ever get out. My long hair soaked in the warm water, which felt really good.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. But as I started to get lost in thought...

"Daruk! (Y/N)! Where are you?!"

I know that voice... that overly smug voice...

"Revali?"

Indeed it was him, accompanied by Link.

"Ah there you are! See, Hylian? I told you we would find them way sooner my way-"

He stopped right in his tracks when he turned his gaze at me.

Meanwhile, in Revali's head:

"Holy fucking ravioli."

His face went a little red.

"Oh, I think I know what's happening..."

"Hey! Is everything okay?" Daruk asked, getting out from the hot spring. I followed him.

"I... uh..." Revali kept staring at me, a small blush growing on his face.

"Revali, you okay?" I asked, looking down at him.

He didn't respond... until Link nudged him.

"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah." He shook his head, managing to take a hold of himself. "We got a message from the princess. We have to go to Lanayru Promenade for some reason..." He grunts.

"Lanayru Promenade, huh?" Daruk scratched his head. "It's a long way from here, isn't it? We should get going!"

Before anyone else could get a word in, Dark pulled Link onto his shoulder. "On we go!"

Revali grunted again, and we both followed the big Goron.

We walked through the fields and forest, Daruk and Link engaged in conversation, while Revali and I stayed right behind them.

Maybe I should talk with him about... y'know...

"Ahem..." I nudged him and slowed down the pace so we had a bit more distance from the other two champions.

"What is it now?" Revali asked.

"What was with you earlier?" I raised and eyebrow, my ears tilting along. "You were all weird and... flustered."

"Oh, uh..." He looks away. "I'm sorry, I-... It's just..." he sighed. "I don't know what got over me."

"Hey, it's okay, lovebird." I grinned. "It's just... I thought you wanted to keep it secret, right?"

"I do! I know it was a mistake, and it won't happen again. I swear." He sounded serious. "... Also stop calling me that."

"Okay. One, no need to worry about it. It was really cute to see you all flustered... and two, 'lovebird' id staying!"

He groaned. "Alright fine... I guess I'll allow it." The blush on his face came back for a few seconds. "Let's catch up, we don't wanna be left behind."

"Right. I forgot how fast Daruk is..." I chuckled and upped the pace, holding Revali's hand (or wing? I dunno) in mine.

A/N: Okay this chapter took WAYY to long and its not even that good im sorry lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 8.3K 47
In a fit of anger, you lock yourself in your room. Your parents are controlling, your friends are in different countries, a man insists on marrying y...
8.4K 74 6
A girl who is from a different dimension seems to have captured the heart of Revali the Rito Champion, showing only her a totally different side of h...
30K 622 33
When you were but a young child, you traveled to Rito Village with your mother and while you were there for a small break, you meet a small, dark (na...
41.6K 1K 48
+ COVER ON HD made specifically for this fanfic: @AleaAvis on Twitter! *Fanfic based on the story on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity; So it has LOT...