scourge (On-hold)

By khadyjatt

Destiny and Fate are two words Malik don't believe in, he believe focus and target are what give you whatever... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
61
62

60

201 28 4
By khadyjatt

AN AUTANMAMA BOOKS COLLECTION📕📚
WRITTEN BY: khadyjatt

Scourge

Chapter 60

There is something about a complicated love triangle we are likely to convince ourselves that we've gotten over it, until we get to meet that one person that makes a complicated love triangle intriguing, the last time she saw Malik was about 3months ago it was just a mere glance she get to decipher and mill over her life, been in this house for years but she can never get used to the fact that Alhaji is her husband, the man is not only old but rude and impudent, he shows no remorse or whatsoever and think he's doing her a favored by marrying her, sometimes she want to convince herself to the worst but at same time what difference will she attain by leaving her parent are struggling to keep up and maintain there lavish fake lifestyle and she get to pay the consequences.

"You are beautiful Fatima but Mai gida is handsome yafiki kyau."the voices from the parlor chatter as ramla sit in the kitchen, she want to go back to her bedroom but she doesn't want to see Malik neither his So called sister that everyone has been highly speaking about, whenever she sees him the reality of everything knocked her and she couldn't help but wonder what would have happened is she did things differently, she sigh and scroll. Through her phone as the kitchent door open.

"Aunty Ramlat this boy doesn't like to stay I want to go with him but he's too stubborn just hold your son abeg, big head."Salim say dropping the little boy on the kitchen island as ramlat sigh but didn't comment.

She continue scrolling her phone and a hand grab it and it was flung to the floor gaining salim attention as ramlat stare at the phone on the tiles floor with the screen facing the ground.
The little boy cackle and salim pick the phone and hand it to ramlat who didn't say a word because she is speechless at the moment.

"Zo muje aljanin gidan Nan."salim say and pick the little boy with him and exit the kitchen.

Ramlat stare at the phone screen hopeful this crack did not affect her main screen that boy gives her new reasons everyday to question his identity, the kitchen backyard open and she look up making her to froze, time always seems to stops when ever there eyes lock the only difference is that now he doesn't stare for so long, his eyes flicker past her as he walk to the fridge, she was following every of his movement but uncomfortable has never been something he feel so he barely feel her piercing gaze on him.

"So, I heard you found your sister?"Ramlat say to start a conversation and he humm in response grabbing the few dates from the fridge and walk to the faucet.

Everytime he sees her he get to realise that sometimes in life he was once a fool.

"You know what?
Don't humm me whenever I speak to you."she say and he turn from the faucet before taking a bite on the dates.

"You know how prideful you are?
It pissed me off that you haven't even say a word to me after what happened last time."she say as he stared brazenly at her chewing the dates that seems rather important to him than her speech.

"You are arrogant, so rude and at this point I think I'm gonna tell everyone."

"Go ahead, disgrace yourself,
I don't care about you or any ones opinion about me,
You married to this man and staying despite you don't want to is so hypocritic of you to do so because you want to maintain a certain social status,
I'm me and the who the fuck told you I give a shit about you telling everyone that I once fucked you?
Am I shameless or you?
If you had said no I wouldn't dare go near you, everyone who knows me would belive you foolishly take advantage of me, I don't give a fuck about anything, I'm married you are married so let's just face that and stop galling me each time our path cross especially about this specific topic."he warned and left the kitchen as ramlat stare at the backyard door.

So extremely rude and cocky she hates him, some days she curse herself for been so damn foolish.

He stop by the building to answer his ringing phone but spot the familiar lady walking towards him as he state boredly at her, she's pissing him off to the bone especially with the lame excuse she's giving, he's move on let her do same what happens was a mistake.

"I just want to be out of this marriage."she say and Malik shake his head.

"Then leave,
How's any of this my problem, if you want I'm gonna go meet my uncle now and told him we had sex 30weeks ago or so,
Look I have told you not once not twice to stop confronting me about this issue."

"Stop yelling at me."

"Stop stalking me,."he reply and left.

He hate things that always interrupt his peace of mind, he has a lot on his mind but this is just something that ramlat kept making it pop up everytime he comes to this house, he's had enough and he's ending it today, he makes a u turn back to the building and his aunt told him his uncle is in one of the parlor upstairs.

*************
She wasn't surprised at all when she came home and her dad act as casual as always they are currently sitting in the parlor all three mostly her dad talking with his wife her eyes autonomously swapping from the portrait on the left to the one on the right, she felt she's had enough and decide to speak up.

"Who is this girl with Malik?she blurt gaining both there attention, she is curious did Malik marry or what she's not understanding any of this.

"His sister, she is samha's mum, he found her in Congo 2months ago."his mum say defensively and falak find herself taking a deep breathe so she was overreacting.

"You can go back to your husband house you know,
What happen in the past I believe is what unravel everything, take everything as a part of lesson and also reason to know some things, we have all get over everything, I'm certain Malik is a change person."her dad say staring at her and she sigh.

"My son isn't so bad, he might have his flaws, egotistic and cocky but he isn't so galling, he's nice to people he care about, he is now to you now so he cares about you."faisal glance at the middle age lady and look up to the portrait in the wall it feels weird that he's smiling, she grab her phone from the couch and head upstairs she is so exhausted she hasn't enjoy her sleep because she gat a lot on her mind.

It's annoying how the one single person that she badly want to hate is the one single person that always cross her mind, she want to imagine how life would be with Malik as a normal person, if he could act to be so nice and caring to her just to prove his point she can't imagine how he would be if he truly want to be the man she wants him to be, she pick her phone and scroll through her contact she stare deliberately at his contact and muster the courage to dial it, it rings twice and he answer.

Why her heart always choose to disgrace is something she doesn't understanding perhaps Malik could hear it beating so rapidly now.

"Falak."he call and she quickly end the call.

She thought he didn't have her contact, she hit her head with hands as if that will quench her frustration and she tossed herself on the bed.
She stay all day inside her now acclaimed bedroom, it was decorated to her own taste and she's glad they choose bright yellow and orange, she is tired of dark colours.

She wakes up to something crawling on her face or so she taught, it crawl toward her mouth and she try not to open her eyes she smack it and her palms hit whatever it is that feels nothing like an insect making her eyes to snap open, she tossed the hand away and sit upright quickly grabbing the shirt from the bed to cover her chest, his eyes sweep from her face to the chest she's covering and he find himself chuckling.

"What are you doing here?"

"You called me,
I have to come ."he reply coming down from the bed as he scan the sorrounding for the very first time, colours, he hate them.

His eyes settle on her studying her for a while before he clear his throat.

"Actually I'm here to share something with you."

Falak looks up at him and there eyes met, she looks away and mentally roll her eyes.

"I had sex with my uncles wife sometime ago, it was a one time thing to pissed him off ."he say staring onservantly at her, he's tired of keeping it to himself and she is the only person he owed an explanation.

Falak try to process what he just said but couldn't reason he looks calm and really pensive to share such sensitive news.

"And?"she say confused and he shrug.

"So?
I'm telling you because you are my wife."

"Ohhh
Am I?

"Falak don't start,
What has happened its in the past you kept dragging it to the present, im only telling you this because I don't want us to.........

"Us?

"Yes us........

."what do you mean by us?

Malik sigh tiredly and massage his temples. Falak is stressing him out.

"Stop pissing me off."

"And I look excited to you,
What do you.........

"No you what do you want?
I've done everything but you kept complicating things, stop stressing me your attitude is making me sick everytime, yeah I hurt you your actions are justified I'm tryna make this work and you are always complicating things."

"Ohh I'm complicating things,
You slept with your fucking Aunty."

"Don't use profanity on me falak,
She isn't my aunty, can we just moved past all this and just go on with our life, I'm ready now, to take care of you."he say and the smile on his face, falak want to badly pretend not to smile back but fail making him chuckle.

"I still hate you."she say with a scowl as he stared at her from his spot.

"You've always loved me, I used to hate you but now I think I really like you."

"Like?

"I wanna be with you that's all that matters."he say crouching to her height and remove a strand of hair from her face.

"Come Home with me."he say staring at her it's not a usual stare, it's like a piercing predatory look.
It makes her really uncomfortable.

"I can't."falak say sincerely speaking she want to be with Malik but not alone in same house she kinda still feel insecure and unsafe alone with him,
What if he snapped,
What if he doesn't really mean any of this?
What if nd a lot of what if's won't stop popping her head.

"I'm never gonna yell at you,
If I raise my hand on you feel free to leave me forever."he say and she releases a heavy breathe looking down at him.
His steely eyes sunk into there socket probably due to stress, she looks away and come down from the bed making him to stand up.

"I don't think I'm ready."falak say she is still not over everything, she is just insecure and she is not sure if any one can understand her.

"Don't you wanna be with me?"he ask grabbing her hand and she shake her head.

"It's not so, I just don't know if I can stay in same environment just the two of us."

I promised I'm not going to hit you."

"Why do you slept with your dad's wife?"she ask still not over the topic.

"I wanted to pissed uncle muhammad moreover I did her a favor since he divorced her now, the child isn't his and  it isn't mine either, let's not talked about someone else life, come home with me falak."

"He say and she released a heavy breathe."

"I will some day."She reply removing her hand from his and sit on the green sofa in the room.

Malik stay for a while anyhow he try to convince falak he couldn't so he left, not angry not sad perhaps time will bring them together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 7.6K 58
#1 Afrikaans 18/10/2021 #1 abuja 18/10/2021 #1 saif 18.10/2021 #2 groomsmen 18/10/2021 #5 arewa 18/10/2021 #8 kano 18/10/2021 "You haven't known me m...
My Emir ✅ By Sara

General Fiction

20.5K 1.8K 56
Arewa Emirates, Glitz and glamour, Culture, Family, Tradition, Principles, and lying beneath, lurking in the shadows is ... evil. We all know that a...
38.7K 4.9K 39
The first time she saw him was at her sisters wedding and she couldn't stop thinking about him. Now she is madly in love with him. But will he love h...
135K 12.4K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...