Daughters of Chaos

By LAArms21

Two sisters. One MC. And a whole lot of drama. Phoenix and Raven never imagined that they'd lose so much so... More

*****
Note to Readers
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

11

303 18 0
By LAArms21

Chapter Eleven

Raven

The sounds of yelling and doors slamming only managed to make my bad mood worse. What the fuck is going on!? I snatch my phone off the dresser and head for the stairs.

By the time I reach the landing, a flood of bikers bursts into the house. My hackles raise as I notice the varying looks of concern on each of their faces. A few of them grab bags from the hall closet while others whisper to each other in a corner of the room.

Their fearless leader, Viper, appears and starts barking out orders. Within minutes, the house is nearly empty, save me, Phoenix, the blonde skank, Carson, and the Prospect who's constantly hiding his erections- I think they call him Boner.

Before he left, Viper gave his MC lackeys strict orders to stay put. And to make sure me and Nix did the same. That shit has my blood boiling. I don't like being told what to do, especially by him.

I plop on the couch next to Phoenix. "We really need to find our own place."

"I know." She sounds dejected.

That's when I notice how tense she looks. "Hey, what's wrong? You okay?"

She shrugs. "I'm fine," she lies.

"I'm fine," a voice mimics from across the room.

I look up to see the trashy face of Missy Lynn or whatever the hell her name is staring smugly at my sister. She's definitely got something to do with Phoenix's mood.

I march over to her, stopping inches in front of her seat. "I think it's time for you to crawl back into your lair."

She eyes me up and down before answering briskly, "I'm not going anywhere."

"That wasn't a suggestion, bitch. Time for you to leave. Now!" I inform her venomously.

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"The fuck I can't!" I edge closer, daring the skank to take a swing.

"Viper said we girls had to stay put."

"Actually," Stitch interjects, "he only said Raven and Phoenix."

She pouts, crossing her arms in front of her. "Stitch, tell her I can stay!"

Her would-be ally looks between us. "I think you need to go, Misty Ann."

Misty Ann gave me a smug grin. "See he said I can- wait... Did you just tell me to leave?" she turned her attention to him.

"Yep," was his succinct reply.

She made an irritating screeching sound with her big mouth as she gathered her bag. I watched victoriously as she stomped toward the door. "This is bullshit! See if I ever fuck you again, Stitch!"

To her horror, he replied, "wasn't impressed the first time."

Misty Ann let out another shrill scream as I slammed the door in her face. "Bye, bitch."

I move to head back to the couch, stopping halfway there. "You really had sex with that?" I ask Stitch.

He shrugs. "Momentary lack of judgment."

I shudder as I close the distance between me and my sister. She looks up, giving me a grateful smile. "Thank you," she tells me.

"Any time. I take it she was trying to stir up shit with you and Raptor again?"

Phoenix nods. "Didn't work though. He told her he'd never do anything with her again and was about to kick her out when the guys started flooding in."

She was silent for a beat before adding, "what do you think is going on?"

I had my suspicions about what kind of business the club was really into, but I wasn't ready to scare Phoenix by sharing them with her just yet. She needed to have a clear head. She'd finally registered for school and was about to start a path toward her dreams. Telling her my concerns about what illegal activities the club may be getting into would only distract her from that.

I pulled her close as she leaned her head on my shoulder. "I don't know, Nix. It's probably nothing."

My stomach churned as the lie slipped from my mouth. It won't do either of us any good to tell her now. It's better this way. I know it.

A while later, Lace showed up with boxes full of fresh-baked donuts. I was thankful for the distraction she created for Phoenix. Maybe she could help keep Nix busy while the club takes care of whatever problem landed on our doorstep.

When I had the chance, I asked her if she knew what was going on with the MC. She told me she didn't have a clue, and that Bear told her to come to the house and stay put until the guys sorted things out. She didn't seem to mind being ordered around by these guys, but I sure did.

The more they tell me to stay put, the more I want to break free. The only reason I hadn't already was Phoenix. She and Lace were gossiping happily in the kitchen while Stitch and Boner watched TV in the living room.

Now was my chance. I quietly told Lace and Nix where I was going- it wouldn't have sat well with me to disappear without letting them know I would be safe. They tried to convince me to stay, but ultimately relented when they realized it was no use. They promised not to tattle on me as long as I swore I'd be careful and only go where I told them I was going.

Once that was settled, I headed upstairs to grab my keys and my bag. I made sure my guards were still occupied before quietly opening a window to make my escape. I crawled across the roof to a drainpipe, making as little noise as possible until my feet were safely on the ground.

After checking around the corner for any extra watchdogs, I ducked around the house to my car. As I drove down the road, I released a triumphant cheer. I was finally free.

xxx

The glowing neon signs beckon me inside as I park my car in front of SoS Saloon. The MC-owned bar, dingy as it may be, is one of the few places I feel at home in this town. It reminds me of the last bar I worked at in New Mexico. Familiar smells of stale cigarettes, spilled beer, and testosterone take me back to my little dive in Albuquerque.

A small smile unintentionally forms on my lips as I cruise closer to the bar. Jesse and a few other guys from the MC are inside. Thank God for a friendly face!

Jesse looks up from pouring a drink, spotting me. Surprise flashes over his face. "What are you doing here? Thought you and Red were supposed to stay at Viper's place."

I shoot him a sly grin. "We were. Our bodyguards are still there with Nix and Lace, but I needed some air."

The sound of his laughter is all I hear as I slide under the bar top to join him. "I'd better let Stitch and Boner know you're okay before they freak," he says, pulling his phone from his pocket.

I shrug. "As long as they know I'm not coming back for a while."

Jesse dials my wardens as I pull my hair back and get acquainted with my new workspace. I hear him tell someone on the other end that I'm here. There's a brief moment of silence on the other line that's quickly followed by panic as Jesse clues them in on how long I've been gone. He assures the person on the other end of the call that he'll keep an eye on me before hanging up.

I send him a smirk. "They even know I was gone?"

"Nope. Freaked out pretty good when I said you were here," he informed me with a grin.

"They never should have tried to hold me hostage."

Jesse leans against the bar, giving me an appraising once over. "I guess not."

I take another look around the bar, noting the drafts and bottles available. "Viper said there was an opening here. Said he and Miguel talked it over, and I could get with him to come up with a schedule. I figured I'd start today if you're cool with it."

"I'm good with it," he says, eyeing me with interest. "Besides, it's about time I had some good-looking coworkers."

The other man behind the bar flips him the bird, earning a laugh from Jesse and the bar patrons. After a quick tour and demonstration of the POS system, they set me loose.

As the time passes, more and more thirsty customers enter the bar. More than I ever would have imagined. The bulk of the clientele are men of varying ages who look like they know the rougher side of life. A sprinkle of women and white-collar men come and go with the rush around lunchtime, looking petrified when they realized they'd stumbled into a biker bar.

To their credit, they stayed and enjoyed their drinks and lunch- fried bar eats and burgers- leaving a generous tip when they left.

By the time the rush was over, I felt like I had my groove back. And I had a pocket full of very healthy tips. Jesse nudges my shoulder. "You did good today. Usually, it's just two of us slinging drinks while Archie mans the kitchen. Made the rush much more enjoyable."

I don't miss the flirty look he gives me as Archie shouts from the small kitchen window, "I bet you enjoyed it, J. You were staring at her ass the whole time."

A laugh tumbles from my lips as Jesse shrugs, not bothering to deny it or look the least bit sorry. "What can I say? It's a great ass, and I have an appreciation for fine works of art," he tells me with a wink.

I swat him playfully with a rag, not hating the compliment he just paid me. And my ass.

"You never fuckin' listen, do you?" A gruff voice sounds behind me.

I whip around to find a very irritated-looking Reaper glaring at me. Oh, great, the fun police are here.

Arguing with Captain Asshole was not on my agenda for today, but since he's here... "It's not in my nature," I reply dryly, planting my hands firmly on my hips.

He rolls his eyes as a grunt rages through him. "Viper wants her back at the house. I'm taking her now," he tells Jesse.

Not liking his 'I am man, you will obey me' routine, I scoff back, "I'm fine here, thanks."

Reaper's scowl lands back on me. "It's not a request, Princess."

Anger as hot as lava sears through my veins at his insult. My jaw clenches as I grind out my reply. "Stop. Calling. Me. Princess."

He inches dangerously close. "Get your shit. It's time to go." With a warning glare at Jesse, he pushes away from the bar.

I'm still shooting daggers at Reaper when Jesse puts an arm around me. "It's cool, babe. You should probably get back to your sister anyway."

His words work to cool my anger a few degrees. Maybe he's right. I've been gone all day. It's probably time I get back to check on her.

I grab my bag and slip under the bar top still glaring at Reaper. "You did great today," Jesse tells me. "I'll be sure to let my dad know, and get you on the schedule."

After thanking him, I tell him to text me later, sending him a wink before heading toward the door. My keeper's muttered curses are the last thing I hear as I stalk to my car.

"Straight to the house! No stops. No detours."

I wasn't planning on it, but after he stormed in, yanking me from my first enjoyable afternoon in this hell hole, I felt like stirring him up a little. "And if I disobey?" I ask mockingly.

The look he answers with is venomous. "You don't wanna know, Princess." Reaper shoots me a look that cries 'I dare you', and a zing of excitement rushes through me.

My rebellious side scratches at my insides, begging to be released. She's been locked away too long, and the challenge Mountain Man just issued has her screaming. I consider briefly taking a detour just to spite him, but think better of it once my engine hums. A picture of me and Phoenix smiles back at me from the dash.

She needs me more than Rebel Raven needs to be unleashed.

With the war between myself and the Grim Reaper postponed, I cruise back to Viper's house in no hurry. My speed was so slow, my entourage revved his motor a few times, trying to get me to pick it up. It only earned him a view of my stiff middle finger.

I was extra pleased with myself when we parked and Reaper's annoyance had tripled since leaving the bar. Rebel Raven considered it a win and smirked at the man as he stormed into the house.

Phoenix and Lace were upstairs when I came in. They told me how Stitch and Boner freaked when they realized I was gone. We all laughed at that, but no one dared bring up the reason for our current lockdown. Wanting to distract Phoenix from our predicament, I told them how my first day at the bar went, including the ending when Reaper dragged me away kicking and screaming. They got a kick out of that.

"He always looks so surly," Phoenix observed. "Has he always been that way, Lace?"

"As long as I've known him, he's been a big grouch."

I snort. "Big shocker there."

The girls chuckle and continue chatting merrily as I sink down on the bed. I let my mind wander and find myself trying to unravel the mystery that today had unleashed. What could be so important, so dangerous that the MC thinks it necessary to keep me, Nix, and Lace under such close watch? What secrets are they hiding? 

A/N:

Thank you for reading! If you're enjoying the story so far, please consider following my page +/or hitting that vote button. Every time you do so, it helps kick up the Wattpad algorithm so this story can be seen by other readers out there in the Wattpadverse. 

;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 432 17
🚨 Full version out on kindle unlimited & Amazon 🚨 | Prequel to 'My brothers best friend' & 'My best friends sister' | ...
72K 1.9K 20
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✔︎ 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ❧ 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐳𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐳 is a poor girl who's never had much. After runni...
426K 3K 20
| EDITED & FULL VERSION IS OUT ON KINDLE NOW | Young Alexandra Lowell is head over heels in love with Marcus Torres-her brothers best friend. He's a...
45.2K 4.9K 69
✭ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫-𝐑𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✭ Once thought to be of the untouchable elite of the underworld the Warner-Riley family...