WHEN THE STARS ALIGNED / A Ma...

By ShiroandSou

Time, something exempt from the shackles of nature, it is independent, curious and ever-changing. It almost n... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERSยน
CHARACTERSยฒ
PROLOGUE
1: Madhavi and Shivanya
2. To meet new family
3. Bitter, Butter, Better
5. It's all Fun and Drama
6. Thank God I can sing
7. Confessions and Curiosity
8. Competition of words
9. How the turns have tabled I
10. How The Turns Have Tabled II
11. "Am I a Disney Princess?"
12. The final showdown (literally)
13. Won but at what cost?
14. The great announcement(s)
15. Dropped a bomb (or a son?)
16. Jumping into fire
17. The trap and the comeback

4. The Return

413 34 22
By ShiroandSou

The city of Hastinapur was decorated brightly as the people celebrated the return of the princes. Prakriti stared forward, face void of emotions. Krishna glanced at her slightly as the chariot neared the kingdom premises.

"Did you.....check on S-Subhadra?" Prakriti hesitated.

"You need to...take a chill pill. Is that what they say in your time?" Krishna smirked.

"How can I chill when I am literally sitting beside someone who is....a goddamn god??! Over that you refuse to explain. And where the heck is....where is Niyati?? And how did we get here??" She said in frustration.

"Prakriti." Krishna sighed, rubbing her back slightly, "Just....few more days. You waited a whole month.....for few more days? For me?"

"Now, wouldn't I go to hell for refusing a god?" She asked with a frown.

"Nahhh, but you know what? I am a god when I am up in heaven in my celestial form but here beside you? I am as human as rest of the humankind." He smiled, "just with a little more knowledge about everything."

Prakriti shook her head with a smile. This was her whole last month. The moment she woke up that night after falling unconscious she was immediately aware of her reality. A panick attack was nothing unnatural but her adoptive brother, who is literally Vishnu Dev himself, who acts like time traveling is an everyday thing for mortals like her , comes up to her and tells her to calm down. Her mind falls back to the memories of her last life or the apparent future. The running, the attacks and the final jump. They were supposed to survive, not take birth in Dwapar Yug. Her mind now settled on Niyati, apparently by the way he is acting, Prakriti knew Niyati fell into the past just the same as her but he wouldn't tell her where.

"Rest your head, there's a lot you have to think about anyway." Krishna nudged her.

"I think, if I was not already accustomed to the, the newly found memories of my...eh...last life would've made me fall down on the floor and stare at the castle in awe. Like what the-" Kanha cleared his throat, "control, behena." He chuckled. Prakriti grumbled in annoyance.

"We're here." Satyaki informed before helping the princess down the chariot and heading towards Subhadra who was in the palanquin.

"They already find you intriguing, afterall, Princesses in chariot is unique to them." Kanha informed.

"They sound like nomads." Prakriti rolled her eyes. Holding her hand out towards Subhadra, it took her a month to adjust to the fact that she was living among gods. Krishna gave her a look as he heard her thoughts.

'get out of my head then.' Prakriti rolled her eyes. Krishna shook his head nearing the awaiting royal members of Hastinapur.

"Pranipat Maharaj." Krishna greeted Dhritarashtra.
"Pranipat Dwarkadeesh. Hastinapur is honoured to have your presence alongside your sisters." Dhritarashtra smiled. Prakriti stared at him weirdly for a second before greeting him respectfully aswell, "Pranipat, Maharaj."

Dhritarashtra blessed her before doing the same to Subhadra. Then they greeted Gandhari, Bhism, and then Vidur.
After it all was done they were greeted into the enormous castle.

Subhadra was greeted by Dusshala, a friend of hers from Kanyashram.

"Dusshala, meet my sister, Madhavi. Madhu, this is Dusshala, a friend of mine from Kanyashram." Subhadra introduced.

"Pranipat, Rajkumari." The kuru princess smiled, her smile faltered slightly when she stared straight into the dwarka princess's eyes. It reminded her of another particular pair of eyes she missed so dearly.

"Madhavi. Call me Madhavi. A friend of Subhu is a friend of mine." She smiled.

"Madhavi." Dusshala smiled, "come with me, I'll take you to rajmata Kunti."

Prakriti hesitated slightly but calmed herself down, this is her life now, she knew she had some purpose to be here so needed to stay put.

The room was lit with diyas as Kunti sat arranging things alongside her helpers.

"Pranipat Mata Kunti, look whom I brought with me." Dusshala announced before moving away to show the sisters. Prakriti and Subhadra smiled, "Rajkumari Subhadra aur Rajkumari Madhavi." After greetings they sat and talked for a while. Kunti was unaware of Madhavi being her other niece but that was short-lived. As Subhadra left with Dusshala, Prakriti sat alongside Kunti.

"You'll meet another friend here, Dusshala isn't the only friend you'll have. I wonder when she'll be back....Putri Madhavi-"

"Or Prakriti, Rajkumari Prakriti. Pranipat Bua." Krishna interfered, he knew he had to be here before Niyati's whereabouts come under the light infront of Prakriti.

"Oh-" Kunti's eyes widened.

"My cousin Indrani's daughter." Kunti uttered.

Indrani, that was the first time she heard her mother's real name. Prakriti gulped down the lump in her throat as she looked at her.

"So she.....she was....." Kunti looked at Krishna who shook his head in a 'I'll explain it to you later' way. Kunti, thinking that Prakriti was still unaware about her life shut herself up.

"My mother.....she was...your cousin?" Prakriti asked as she sat beside the woman.

"Bestfriend actually. My biological mother took care of her for most of her life before marriage as her mother died because of a disease along with all of her family. She technically became one of us, not someone adopted into the family but actual family. I can see some of her in you, putri." Kunti smiled, caressing her head.

Krishna asked for leave taking Prakriti with him.

"You need to wait, please." He pleaded.
"There's a right time for everything."

+++

Niyati sighed as she sat infront of Rishi Ved Vyas and Bhagwan Parashuram both.

"I'm scared for my life right now." She said loudly causing both the men infront of her to crack up a smile.

"What are you scared of, putri? You are our shishya, yes, you have a unique birth history and it might be a struggle to adjust to this....so quick, but you'll find your answers, in a day or two." Ved Vyas said gently.

"You weren't as scared when you convinced me into teaching that kid. That was the first time someone argued with me so effortlessly." Parashuram smirked.

"You're the only person to successfully calm him down and you were the reason things have started to change already." Ved Vyas continued.

"Weird. Back in Kali Yug most of the work was done by Prakriti....." She trailed of.

"She is safe and sound."
"When time comes, you'll meet her."
They said.

"I hate time." Niyati grumbled.

"You can't hate yourself, you are a part of time aswell. Your name is Niyati, fate is you and you and her will come about with the biggest turn of events. We believe in you." Parashuram nodded.

"You've successfully finished your training. You should prepare for your leave putri." Ved vyas smiled. Niyati bowed to them and left after getting their blessings.

---

"So....what is this Kalapradarshan about?" Prakriti asked.

"The princes trained for years and Pitashree wanted to know about their strength and abilities to protect the kingdom hence..." Dusshala was cut off in the middle as Prakriti chirped, "so he wants the brothers to fight among themselves the moment they are back? Winning and loosing within family creates hostility..."

"But it will be harmless." Dusshala frowned as they walked through the corridors of the royal garden.

"Looks like it. Even if hostility within family doesn't happen, the guests who are clearly from all over aryavart, would be able to see the abilities of the princes and plot against your kingdom....why not make it a kalapradarshan for everyone who thinks they are able enough to fight? Avoid bloodshed, not entirely focus on the princes and their abilities because other contestants will be a good distraction, scare opposing kingdoms because i believe the princes will excell all others by what I've heard. And common people will have an example of the princes protecting the kingdom from other rulers." Prakriti suggested.
Dusshala thought about it, "makes sense. But normally, even if a kshatriya but not a prince or soldier, people aren't allowed to learn more than one weapons..."

"Then let it be like that. Why let other people see multiple abilities. Show them your superior quality only, others can be a strategic secret plan. Make different slots based on weapons. Spear, Mace, Bows, Swords and Axes. Whoever uses whatever fights against each other, the bests of each becomes the winner." Prakriti suggested.

"You're like a political genius. But....we have no say in this do we?" Dusshala laughed.

"Well we should but" Prakriti shrugged.

"Interesting." Someone thought as they heard the conversation from the other side of the pillars.

+++

All the guests sat in the arena on one side while audiences sat on the other, roaring in excitement. On the insistence of Queen Gandhari, Prakriti and Subhadra sat alongside Dusshala, within the Royals of Hastinapur.

"I've heard of her beauty, Kumari Madhavi's. They say she's as beautiful as a blue Lotus in bloom, some say she resembles Devi Gauri. Kunti....tell me what you see, make me see her through your eyes." Gandhari said. Although she was still unaware of her relationship with Madhavi because of their assumption that Shivanya's twin sister died that night alongside her mother.

"Jiji, she is as beautiful as people say...her skin glows under the sun, smile calms a roaring surrounding, her eyes look like they have been sculpted intricately as it glides over people but they hold fire, a fire unbound and dangerous. She is strong, Jiji. Stronger than the strongest of warriors. She is like..." Kunti hesitated.

"Shivanya...." Gandhari trailed off before shrugging it off, "what do you think, Kunti? Is she a potential daughter-in-law for this family?" Gandhari said playfully.
Kunti's eyes widened, "For your sons?....no no, absolutely not."

"Are you saving her for your sons...but that would be.... wouldn't she be their sister?" Gandhari asked curiously.

"No jiji...I mean she's not blood related to our family, although she is as much of a part of my family....Jiji, she's....she's Indrani's daughter. Niyati's twin sister, Prakriti." Kunti dropped the bomb, after getting an explanation (fake) from Krishna she decided that the paternal aunt of the girls needed to know the news. Gandhari gasped, feeling tears spring up in her eyes, "she's...my niece."

(A/n: I know it is weird, they are adoption-realted to Kunti and Vasudev's clan but directly related to the Gandhar family making them Duryodhan and brothers' direct cousin. I am certainly against the whole cross cousin marriage but somethings gotta happen. I might make a poll later to see what ya'll want (this is about Subhadra's marriage to Arjun, the girlies wouldn't marry no cousin, they'll jump off a cliff again but not do that.))

Shakuni was enraged, he planned enough, manipulated Asshwathama, made sure Duryodhan is first and he faces the weaker pandavas first. Made sure their weapons fall weak to his, to avoid Bheem but that Bhishm, that old scum, ruptured all his plan with his brilliant idea. The blind king thought that his son's mace skills needed to be flaunted and shown to the world. He was confident that his sons would win against other kings and even Pandavas but he mostly thought that the Pandavas might not face most of them. It was a good political move, he had to agree, but yet it ruptured his plans.

'atleast other people get to see their abilities, I'll make sure the Pandavas come out last. One against hundred wins? It's not a comparison' he smirked to himself before instructing his spys to do something. He rat upright when Bhism's eyes fell on him.

Bhishm stood up and instructions were set, 1)no bloodshed, 2) using only your own specialised weapons, 3) no bullshit or you're out.

Soon the kalapradarshan started as Duryodhan was the first one introduced. Gandhar raj Shakuni advanced towards his nephew.

"I have mixed feelings about him. Like...he just wanted his nephew on throne, but in wrong way yes." Prakriti said, leaning towards Krishna who decided to take a seat nearby.

"You'll be in a dilemma later." He informed. Prakriti stared at him with a 'wtf' look.

Duryodhan was angry, there went his plans. But atleast he'll face Bheem.

The first category was mace fighting, Duryodhan being the first competitor immediately took away winning chances for many, some gave a tough competitions but most were nothing infront of him.

"Okay but, what is going on? Isn't the first round supposed to be Duryodhan vs Nakul? Huh?" Prakriti asked in confusion.

Krishna looked at her proudly, she was already making changes that will affect the future but even he was unaware if it was for the better or worse. But if fate was changing things and bringing righteous daughters of the omnipresent Shakti, would they do any wrong?

"Give advices when you know for sure that no one in authority hears you if you are not serious about it. Suggestions if taken seriously become advice, behena." He smiled. Prakriti sat in awe.

Duryodhan looked around, feeling satisfied as he heard the people cheer for him. He finally felt the validation. On the other hand, Bheem was stalled for the last spot.

"Mamashree. I don't see Shivu anywhere....where is she?" Asked Duryodhan.

"Mere bacche... She hasn't returned yet. But I'm sure her training ends somewhere around this year." Shakuni answered with a hessitant smile.

"Welcome Kumar Bheem!" The announcer announced. Shakuni's face fell, but I clearly instructed them to stall him, he thought.

Prakriti watched in awe as the well built Hagrid, with a handsome face, looking man entered the arena, "That's Vrikodar? Wow.... I aspire to be him."

"You'd look oddly deformed if you were built like him." Krishna said seriously. Prakriti threw him a glare, "atleast I'm not a secretive sociopath." She sassed.

"Did you just call a God that you worshipped in your previous birth that is in the future, a sociopath?" Krishna asked in awe, almost feeling happy by the behaviour from his devotee.

"You said you were a mortal when you're not in heaven and I, for sure, know this ain't no heaven." Prakriti shrugged.

"Touché."

"What the-"

"No." Krishna pinched her. As she was about to protest she heard roars of cheers, "Kumar Duryodhan ki, Jay!"

"Shit. He still won." Prakriti said, "and he wouldn't fight with Arjun. Would that make him more smug or give him the satisfaction of praise he craved for so bad, Madhav?" Prakriti turned to look at her brother.

"For a matter of fact, I have no idea." Krishna grimaced, avoiding eye-contact. Prakriti gave him a look, "you're....how are you even my brother...." She mumbled.

Krishna looked back as if feeling someone's presence before excusing himself for a while. Afterall, how can he not welcome his sister and familial devotee? He still remembers her mother, older sister, grandmother all be at his service as devotees. He had to make sure their daughter is fine.

+++

"Why won't you let me in?" Shivanya or....well Niyati asked in shock. Is her own kingdom's guards preventing her from entering her home?
It was bizzare. Niyati, an agent by night and music teacher by day, the girl who barely had any idea posh etiquettes but could hack into your deepest darkest corner of tech secrets and throw daggers so swiftly it scared her instructors, was now the youngest princess of a kingdom greatest known by Aryavart, 5000 or some years back in time from her own timeline. But very unsurprisingly Niyati took it better than Prakriti as she has always been delusional, unnatural things never shocked her.

"Devi, the pratidwand is going on and by strict orders of the king and Grandsire we are not to let any stranger inside the castle until it ends as all the royals are out of the premises of the castle.

Stranger? They don't recognise me do they? She sighed.

"What's wrong, Putri?" She heard her gurudev say. Both of her Gurudevs have decided that she needed to be escorted back to Hastinapur (not really, they just got attached to her a bit).

"They wouldn't let me in because Mahamahim Bhishm has ordered no Stanger to be let in before the pratidwand thing ends." Niyati informed. Her Gurudevs looked at each other before telling her to wait while they talk to the guards.

She walked away looking around. She glanced at the small stream of water passing by the boundaries of Hastinapur. She saw herself clearly in the reflection, she stared at the floral jewelries that adorned her. Due to the acetic life she spent as a student she gave up her expensive items happily and with time found interest in the long lasting flowers that grew in the forest bushes, texture almost like paper making it easier to make jewelleries out of them. The pink and red flowers made her look pretty, the pretty that she thought she was not, normally.

"If you think that you're not pretty enough then I don't know what your standard for beauty is, Behna." She heard a voice behind her and flinched away in shock.

She turned around only to lay her eyes on the prettiest looking man she had ever seen. She looked at his face, dark skin, dressed in yellow, golden ornaments, the well known tika on his forehead, the knowing mischievous smile and finally the morpankh on his head, she knew who it was, it must be-

"Gopal?!"

+++

A/n
For anyone who is confused.

1) Prakriti and Niyati's mother Indrani, in Dwapar Yug is a distant orphan relative of Vasudev and Kunti and the Yadu siblings. She was adopted by Vasudev's mother hence they consider each other sibling and Kunti and Vasudev consider the twin girls as their own nieces.

2) Indrani got married to one of Shakuni's brothers who is a bit not okay in the head. This makes the girls directly related to Shakuni and Gandhari as they are their paternal uncle and aunt. This also makes the Kauravas their cousins.

3) Shakuni's mother sent Niyati to Gandhari to keep her safe and Indrani wanted to do the same and send Prakriti off to Vasudev (who she didn't know was  in prison) but she was killed in process and Devi Ganga helped her away to Vrindavan where she Knew Kanha was at and there she taken in by Nanda and Yashoda. Later Vasudev took her responsibility, rightly so.

If there's anymore question, feel free to ask.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 974 24
โ€ขSLOW UPDATESโ€ข โžณ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž โ€ขโ…โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ…โœฆโ…โœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ…โ€ข What happens when you love some...
46.3K 2.5K 18
After a major heartbreak which made her too afraid to love again, Aarohi unexpectedly falls into the era of Mahabharata. She alternates between the p...
1.6K 90 10
Time traveling has always been a fascination for everyone. Although scientists are trying to figure out if time traveling is possible or not, yet not...
13.4K 675 23
Time travel of six girls from kaliyug to dwapar Yug in mahabharat Ara. See what will happen when they land in dwapar yug? how many twists life have h...